View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17159
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Media   March 15th 2011, 9:32 pm

Running to follow Lisa Rinna on twitter lol.

Star Jones Rips Lisa Rinna, Accuses Her of Harassment

Star Jones and Lisa Rinna were enemies from the get go. And now it's getting even uglier.

The Celebrity Apprentice costars butted heads on this week's episode of the show, with Rinna being kicked off after she was appointed team leader on a children's book project. She heard the dreaded "You're fired!" in the boardroom after she flubbed the task and then threw her team under the bus. Rinna singled out Jones, accusing the former View host of trying to take full credit for writing the kids' book at the center of the challenge.

Behind the scenes, the sniping has gotten even uglier, with Jones claiming she has been targeted by Rinna's "foul" tweets and emails—attacks so nasty that Jones has sicced some bigwig lawyers on Rinna.

Here's where things stand...

Jones says she has been constantly bad-mouthed by Rinna since the show wrapped (Celeb Apprentice began taping last fall; all episodes but the live finale have been shot). To back up the claim, Jones has gathered the series of tweets dating back months and a pile of emails from Rinna and turned them in to NBC's legal department, complaining she is being "harassed," according to a source familiar with the situation.

No comment yet from Rinna, who has since deleted the offending tweets, including some of Rinna posing with monster masks and featuring captions like "Great picture of me and Star Jones!!!! " (Although Rinna has removed them, many have been archived online.)

Saying that such attacks were "evidence of [Rinna's] instability," Jones also got lawyers from The Trump Organization and from Mark Burnett Productions involved in her fight this week to shut Rinna up.

"Star declined to make the cause of concern public as to not take away from her purpose of doing the show, which is charity," a rep for Jones tells E! News.

NBC declined comment. Calls to lawyers for Trump and Burnett were not immediately returned..

Meanwhile, a source familiar with the back-and-forth tells us that "Star is taking this very seriously."

"Lisa was so furious she was kicked off so early and blamed it all on Star. Lisa went home and started sending nasty emails. Star just collected it all and handed them over. It's in legal's hands now and they've warned Lisa to stop," the insider says.

"Star hasn't taken the behind the scenes fight public because she thinks it would ruin Lisa."

It's not the first time the Jones has had problems with her costars. She verbally attacked the ladies of The View, calling them "hateful" after she left the show.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b231023_star_jones_rips_lisa_rinna_accuses_her.html#ixzz1Gj46cnd9

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 15th 2011, 9:50 pm

How many fights is Star Jones involved in? Give me a break. She loves this attention! lol!

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 29th 2011, 4:32 pm

http://www.ew.com

Mar 28
12:15 PM ET

'The Celebrity Apprentice' delivers season highs
by Lynette Rice

CBS dominated on Sunday thanks to an NCAA overrun and originals of The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss but NBC earned some bragging rights: The Celebrity Apprentice delivered a season-high rating among adults 18-49 (3.0/Cool and total viewers (8.5 million) and is up versus the same night last year by 7 percent. For more on last night’s episode, check out Dalton Ross’ recap here.

CBS won the night in the demo (3.2/9) and viewers (12.5 million). Fox came in second in the demo (2.2/6) after airing mostly repeats. NBC, which also aired an original of America’s Next Great Restaurant (1.3/4), was third in the demo. ABC aired repeats of Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 29th 2011, 4:38 pm

Episode 04 | Aired Mar 27, 2011

'The Celebrity Apprentice' recap: Dionne Sleeps on the Job
Dionne takes a break, and then takes a verbal shot at NeNe before all is said and done
By Dalton Ross
| Published Mar 28, 2011

Star Jones says she writes her presentations with "pause points for applause." I mention this only because Celebrity Apprentice is so packed full of awe-inspiring absurdity they have no time to pause for applause when they put together the episodes. Just as you're recovering from one bit of delicious insanity, you're bowled over with another. There's La Toya Jackson, making like Thomas Dolby and being literally blinded by science (in this case, Lasik eye surgery). There's NeNe and Star arguing over the proper sexless way to say, "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen." And, of course, there is Gary Busey with his junk flopping out of his bathrobe as he inquires, "Did you see Big Wednesday?" ("That's what my fiancée calls my apparatus — Big Wednesday," he explains to the completely horrified actress sitting next to him).

People may complain about the show being two hours, but you know what? I say make it three hours! I tend to be an "all killer, no filler" kind of guy, but I don't see any filler in this show. None at all. It's gold — all of it. Even down to those hilariously over-rehearsed scenes where The Donald meets with the execs that have just paid for two hours of product placement and they tell him "the winner is…" before pausing so the editors can cut straight to the Boardroom. Amazing. Hell, I could watch an entire hour of just Marlee Matlin's aggressively animated interpreter, Jack Jason. That guy is hypnotic! And without further ado, it’s time to present our Five Celebrity Apprentice Absurdities of the Week!

1. This exchange between Star Jones and Gary Busey:

Star: "She's classy and she's grateful"

Gary: "What's that?"

Star: "She's classy."

Gary: "Classy."

Star: "That's what I said."

Gary: "You said classy."

Star: "Classy. C-L-A-S-S-Y."

Gary: "Okay, she's classy?"

Star: "She's a very classy woman."

Gary: "Nikki?"

What the hell? We can't blame this on bad hearing since Gary just gave a tearful speech on how Marlee had saved his life by getting him hearing aids. Plus, he recognizes the word "classy" pretty early on in the conversation, yet is still confused. Maybe he was simply still basking in the glory of winning as Project Manager. And for those of you keeping score at home, yes, Gary Busey did say that he considers promoting camping gear on Celebrity Apprentice to be of "equal" stature in his career to being nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe. The Globe I can see — I mean, Pia Zadora won a Golden Globe for crissakes — but an Oscar?

2. Gay Jose Canseco wanting to frolic with aliens

After the teams were tasked with creating a 30-second ad for a new video phone for a vaguely cultish-appearing company called ACN (what's up with calling all of their salespeople "leaders"?), Jose Canseco had a few questions for the executives. "When you mention you connect face to face no matter where they are, you talking about on this planet?," asked Jose. "Can we go beyond that?"

"In what realm are you referring?" answered the executive whose name I did not bother to remember or write down.

"Communicating with aliens," responded Jose, "in a very positive, very personal, very funny way."

First off, how did that not query not come out of the mouth of Gary Busey?!? That's Busey Speak 101 right there. (Maybe Busey is one of the aliens Jose was referring to.) But Jose was about to leave for the rest of the episode and be replaced by…Pablo!

NEXT: Jose goes gay

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 29th 2011, 4:41 pm

CONTINUED

Two weeks ago, Jose dressed in drag to portray a school teacher, and this week, he was portraying the surprise gay lover at the end of Backbone's video ad. The casting choice was worth it alone just for the Boardroom scene that followed when Trump asked: "Jose, you played the role of a gay man. Now, rumor has it you're not gay. How did you feel about that?" The best part of that is the "rumor has it you're not gay." Either Trump is surprisingly showing off a politically correct side we never knew he had by not wanting to make any assumptions about a man's sexuality, or perhaps he is making an assumption — an assumption that Jose has something to hide! I honestly don't care which it was. Either way, I'm laughing.

But then things got really surreal when Richard Hatch pointed out that Jose "just learned" that Hatch was gay. To which Don Jr. responded: "How exactly did you learn that, Jose?" Check out, Don. Jr! I gotta admit, I don’t usually pay much attention to the guy because I'm usually so inappropriately fixated on Ivanka the Boardroom Dominatrix, but that's pretty damn good! I mean, we always knew his hair was funny, but now Junior's got a few zingers to go with it. We should unleash the Zingbot3000 and let these guys go toe to toe.

3. Overenthusiastic hand gesture guy!
How is it possible that they found someone even more active with his hands than Marlee Matlin? And he's not even deaf! I'm not talking about the interpreter either, but rather the actor the women chose to play the dad in their video phone ad. He was going positively nuts while throwing his arms all over the place, yelling "I CAN SEE AND HEAR YOU CLEARLY!!!" in such a state of unnecessary excitement it was as if he just landed on the moon while simultaneously curing cancer and winning American Idol.

And why was he screaming? It's not like she was calling from Mars while hanging out with Jose Canseco's alien buddies. No, instead she was chillin' with her Paris host mother, Dionne. And not for nothing, but can you imagine a worse host mother in the entire world than Dionne Warwick? She'd go on all day about how sad deaf people are and how no one gives her credit for anything, only to then leave you at the most critical time to go stack a few Zzzzzzzzs. Quelle désastre!

4. Trump being shocked — SHOCKED! — that La Toya Jackson has no idea what she's doing
First off all, I want to give props to La Toya. I love that her on screen profession is listed as "Entertainment Entrepreneur." What does that even mean? It sounds about as legit as Phillip from Survivor being listed as a "Former Federal Agent." I'd like to know exactly what kind of "entrepreneuring" La Toya has done in her lifetime. But hey, it sounds legit, so more power to her. But nobody would exactly mistake her as having a clue about anything, would they? Someone would — Donald Trump! "I really think La Toya has stepped up. Am I wrong?" he asked in The Boardroom after NeNe explained that all La Toya did on the task was keep the time and "my 11-year-old son can keep the time." This theme continued as the women kept explaining that La Toya had no clue what was going on, and Trump kept expressing bewilderment that she was not the second coming of Warren E. Buffett.

For her part, La Toya claimed that the women were underestimating her. That's funny, I actually thought they were overestimating her abilities. Honestly, I don’t even think I would have let her keep the time.

NEXT: Dionne starts making up words

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 29th 2011, 4:49 pm

CONTINUED

5. The second best Celebrity Apprentice elevator-area feud ever
Nothing will ever surpass the "whore pit vipers" throwdown of season 2, so we need to take what we can get these days. And I will most certainly take Dionne Warwick talking smack to NeNe after being fired and waiting for Adrian the unobtrusive elevator operator to come whisk her away.

The drama started when Dionne bailed out on NeNe and the team to go sleep while they stayed up editing their commercial. Then in the Boardroom, when the subject was brought up, Dionne claimed she had asked to leave, which really was a big load of Hong Kong Phooey. Trump said he didn't know whom to believe, Dionne or NeNe, to which the former Solid Gold host replied, "I have no reason to preparfrigate." To what? I rewound and watched like 11 times, and I still have no idea what she was trying to say.

Then, after NeNe and Hope said they would fire Dionne — Dionne agreed! "I'm gonna take the opinion of everybody else. I would fire me." This started an odd chain of events, where Dionne couldn't seem to decide if she was quitting or not while Trump asked, "Do you have a chip on your shoulder?" A chip? Try a freakin' boulder! He eventually fired the semi-quitter, and then things got interesting.

While hugging NeNe goodbye, Dionne couldn’t resist taking a shot at her Project Manager. "You're a coward, baby," said the woman who was hugging another woman while calling her a coward. The two then proceeded to argue about whether NeNe was a coward and and/or a liar while Amanda the receptionist pretended to look busy while taking it all in.

After being rescued by Adrian, Dionne was off to her car, where she summed up her entire experience by explaining that, "I just don't like craziness, unless I'm the crazy one." See, I'm just the opposite. The crazier these people are, the better. And so we end another week of laugh-out loud lunacy. What was your favorite part? Hit the message boards and let us know! And before you go, make sure to check out our InsideTV Podcast interview with the sassiest interpreter around, the one and only Jack Jason! Just click on the audio player below to enjoy. And for more reality ramblings, you can follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss. Until next week: Cluck, Cluck…Splash!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 29th 2011, 4:53 pm

http://www.realityblurred.com

ACN executives react to Jose Canseco’s idea: Celebrity Apprentice moment of the week

March 28, 2011, 6:53 PM

If you’re not watching The Celebrity Apprentice, I feel sorry for you. It just keeps getting better, and next week’s fight between Gary Busey and Meat Loaf makes it seem like that trend will continue.

This week’s episode gave me way too many possibilities for moment of the week, from Gary Busey’s penis (“That’s what my fiance calls my apparatus. Big Wednesday.”) to the strange but awesome alliance of Marlee Matlin, NeNe Leakes, and Star Jones, never mind NeNe’s ability as project manager and director. “You’re one of the best directors I’ve ever worked with,” Marlee Matlin, Oscar winner, told NeNe, The Real Housewives of Atlanta star.

And let’s not forget the videos. The men’s team created a video ad that had a same-sex relationship as its punchline, which was fine but not as edgy as anyone claimed. Jose Canseco said it “pushed the envelope to the extreme”; apparently, he never saw Clint Black masturbating with laundry detergent. And their video wasn’t at all homophobic unlike some real advertisements, so it was good overall. Of course, there was some discomfort—John Rich kept arguing for a “more traditional approach”—but it was mostly embraced, and the fear of gay content was pretty much confined to off-camera people. Jose Canseco, who eagerly embraced the opportunity to play a gay man in the video (“why not?) said, “All my friends are gonna make fun of me, and if my father sees this, he’s going to basically kill me.” He repeated the part about his dad in the boardroom, which is just sad. But project manager Lil Jon summed it up best: “If [the representatives of the company] don’t like this video, they are some square-ass motherfuckers,” he said.

But here’s the moment I picked, and it stars Jose Canseco and two executives from ACN, whose facial expressions basically say, “Holy shit, what did we get ourselves into, and is it too late to back out now?”

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 29th 2011, 5:03 pm

Thank you Heidi! laugh so hard I crie

I get to laugh all over again. I almost skipped this years Celebrity Apprentice because of Trump thinking he is all it, but glad I did start watching it is funny. I can not wait for the NeNe & Star fight it must be something with them still fight today.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Media   April 4th 2012, 11:44 am

Exclusive: Aubrey O’Day: Arsenio Hall Called Me "a Whore"

Aubrey O'Day is fired -- up!

After the pop singer took sole credit for her team's big win on The Celebrity Apprentice on April 1, Arsenio Hall, 56, lashed out at her.

"I guess it's flattering that I upset him so much," the singer, 28, tells the new Us Weekly (on stands Friday) of Hall, who later referred to "her stank ass" and told teammates, "I Googled her and a naked picture with a gut popped up…f--k her!"

O'Day, who dramatically fled the boardroom after Hall's rant, adds that the former late-night host is just warming up.

"Arsenio gets worse in the next episode, when he calls me a whore," she reveals. "He doesn't want strong women to have too much of a voice. Typical in this industry."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/aubrey-oday-arsenio-hall-called-me-a-whore-201244#ixzz1r5gsNa8Q
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 18th 2012, 9:24 pm

Geez, she looks great! Lisa Lampanelli lost 93lbs.

Back to top Go down
marylou2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 19th 2012, 6:36 am

I saw her on a talk show (can't remember which one) talking about her gastric bypass surgery. She and her husband both had the procedure.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 20th 2012, 11:24 am

I guess Penn isn't pleased with Trump's outbursts:

http://www.examiner.com/article/donald-trump-insulted-by-cast-member-of-celebrity-apprentice-all-stars

Quote :

The "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant went on to say everyone must "kiss up" to Trump on the show.

"I made a deal with the producers and myself that I would pretend to care what Donald Trump thought of me."

Whenever the billionaire said he likes to see "backbone" or "passion" among the contestants, Penn has his own thoughts about that.

Penn writes, "He means, of course, he likes passion for his little TV show, but it feels like he’s saying the outburst was a good thing. We’ve chosen to make this whackjob, with the cotton candy piss hair and the birther sh**, into someone we want to please."

He added this about Trump's beef with President Obama and going back to the hair thing:

"He talked to me, but I was on a show where I wasn’t supposed to talk back. I still did, but only a little. I disagree with him about a lot, but you know, I disagree with you about a lot, and we still get along. He was wicked wrong about the birther sh**, but I’m wicked wrong about a lot, and we both have stupid hair."
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 20th 2012, 1:27 pm

ETA:

His full write up on Trump and CA is here:

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/17/penn_jillettes_secrets_of_celebrity_apprentice_donald_trump_is_a_whackjob/

Quote :
Like all desperate celebrities, I’ve been on more than one reality show. I also did “Dancing with the Stars.” I was amazed to find out that “The Celebrity Apprentice” was more honest and straightforward than “DWTS.” The idea of “DWTS” is pretty beautiful: half-assed show folk who aren’t dancers are teamed up with great dancers, and cameras video them while they learn to dance. How well can people learn to do something outside their ken? It’s a beautiful idea. Dance is a joyous celebration of humanity, so it should be an uplifting, inspiring show to watch and even more beautiful to be on.

But I hated the time that was spent with the production trying to get young ambitious Mormon women to cry. Guys behind the cameras would say mean things at attractive young men and women and washed-up celebrities about how it would ruin their lives if they didn’t win.

“The Celebrity Apprentice” is more honest, in that creepy kind of way that the guy who admits he’s a racist is more honest. It doesn’t pretend to be about something beautiful like dance. I think business is beautiful, but “The Celebrity Apprentice” has nothing to do with business. No actual business skills are tested. It’s not even a real game about fake business. I can tell you the rules of chess. I can’t tell you the rules to “The Celebrity Apprentice.” No one can tell you the rules of “The Celebrity Apprentice.” No one. Donald Trump just does what he wants, which is mostly pontificating to people who are sucking up to him, while the network people try to manipulate him into making the highest-rated show they can. Trump can’t be manipulated, so the show isn’t even fair in that way. Annie Duke, the poker genius, and “TCA” veteran, said to me, “It’s a pretend game, about pretend business, where you get pretend fired.” Donald Trump couldn’t fire me. I work for Penn & Teller and he’s never owned any part of us. Trump tried to book Penn & Teller once in Vegas, but we were priced out of his budget. He can’t fire us from the Rio, because he doesn’t own any of Caesars.

But “The Celebrity Apprentice” people are honest. They don’t pretend it’s about something beautiful, and they don’t pretend it’s fair. It’s venal people clawing at stupid, soulless shit in front of the modern-day Scrooge McDuck in order to stay famous.

For one “task,” Donald Trump asked us to create a Macy’s store display and print ads for his new fragrance. Is there anyone who wants to smell like Donald Trump? Mr. Trump thinks so, so we were asked to create advertising. Instead of the usual twenty grand that the show would give to the winning “team leader’s” charity, Donald floated the promise that if he “loved” our promotional material, he would give one hundred thousand dollars to his “loved” one’s charity. Five times the amount that was arbitrarily assigned to this “task.” In other words, if Trump got an ad that he could actually use for his stink-pretty juice, he would pay about twenty percent of what he would have to pay in the free market to hire a professional to do the job properly. Trump was willing to donate one-fifth of what the campaign would be worth to charity. I got fired for coming up with the slogan “You Earned It.” They thought that slogan was “pompous.” My slogan for a perfume with Donald’s picture on it called “Success” was deemed pompous. Wow. The problem was my audience, I think. “You Earned It” isn’t good for the Trumps. It should have been “You Inherited It.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9195
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 20th 2012, 3:30 pm

he's good, i'll give him that...he always seemed above doing this show, but he still did it and now twice, so i always keep that in the back of my head when reading his stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Media   

Back to top Go down

Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: