Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
stones
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1045
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 21st 2011, 4:09 pm

Take care of yourself and that sweet baby!! I hope he puts on the weight and his little lungs develop quickly! REST, rest, you will need it when he finally gets to come home!!!
Back to top Go down
dmj
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 906

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 21st 2011, 4:16 pm

Prayers for you all. I know you have a lot going on right now, but soon you'll have Mason home with you and all will be well.
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 21st 2011, 5:53 pm

Thinking of you and Mason.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 22nd 2011, 10:44 am

TDot, I'm sorry you don't have sweet Mason home with you yet but glad to hear he is progressing and will be there with you soon. I am sure you are exhausted and a very busy lady. I know you are spending all the time with Mason that you can and just going back and forth like that wears you out.

Keep us posted. We care!
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 24th 2011, 5:48 am

Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 24th 2011, 7:07 am

Still sending you guys positive thoughts and prayers!

Hugs to Mommy and Mason! (Daddy too!) Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 24th 2011, 8:05 am

xubaby2000 wrote:
Still sending you guys positive thoughts and prayers!

Hugs to Mommy and Mason! (Daddy too!) Hug wrap up in arms

Me too! I don't know what to say mostly. This is one of those best of times/ worst of times things. Best cause you have your wonderful Mason. Worst cause you can't take him home.
so will just send you one more;
Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
marinewife08
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 24th 2011, 2:28 pm

I second, third, fourth, fifth...etc all the above! Hugs to the tdot fam:

Hug wrap up in arms

A quote my husband wrote in a card to me during my battle with cancer (that made me bawl my eyes out)- "When I was growing up, I wanted to be a Spartan Warrior. I never would have guessed my wife would become one before me."
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 24th 2011, 9:53 pm

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
TDotMI
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 12:38 am

Awwww I really can't thank you guys enough for your sweet messages and showing me how much you care!

I am finally in some normal state of mind that I can finally share what I went through.. hopefully it won't bore you too much.. you are going to regret asking for info.. lol

Had to revisit what I wrote before (Wednesday Feb 9th)...

Quote :
I went for a regular OB appointment last monday and my blood pressure was found too be high (for me).. So they sent me to triage at the hospital for monitoring. Had to go back there every day since then as my BP was still high and I developed headaches (never mind an annoying sinus cold), for monitoring, bloodwork and ultrasounds. My bloodwork was off on thursday so they kept me overnight. According to some of my symptoms, I could be developing pre-eclempsia. so, I basically have to take my blood pressure every few hours and if it stays high, I have to go back to the hospital. If I do develop it, I may have to deliver the baby in a week or two

I really hope that is not the case because I will only be 34 weeks along (and not ready for motherhood just yet LOL)... plus princess baby is supposed to come first so, pray for me that TDOT baby stays in there! ]

(I forgot to mention above that during my overnight stay, they gave me two steroid shots to help mature the baby's lungs, JUST in case the baby has to be delivered early).

My blood pressure was high all day Thursday and Friday morning, so I left work early to go to the hospital again to get checked out. This time, when they did my bloodwork, the number for one of my liver functions increased. They kept me overnight again, and let me go home in the morning on Saturday. My OB came in the to see me before I went home and told me that he has made the appointment for me to come in on monday for an ultrasound and assessment but if in the meantime I feel a headache, pain in abdomen, etc, to come in right away. He mentioned that they will have to monitor me very closely but will see that I get to at least 34 weeks (at this point I was almost 33 weeks). If all goes good, then the plan is to get me to the 35th and so on...

I had a headache that night so back I went, but my numbers didn't change terribly from the morning so I was ok to go home. Since the number did go up slightly, my OB wanted me to come back on Sunday just after lunch for another check.

I felt great when I woke up on Sunday and my blood pressure was controlled with pills so I had made some plans for Sunday afternoon, but first, I had to make a stop at the hospital. I really thought it would be a regular assessment with me leaving in a few hours. Then I overheard the nurse calling my OB and saying my bloodwork isn't good. I started to freak out because I knew that meant that I would probably be staying at the hospital AGAIN.... When they told me that my OB was coming in to speak with me, I knew it wasn't good and thought that maybe I will be having the baby after all.

To be continued.....

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 12:55 am

Kiss of Love
Back to top Go down
TDotMI
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 1:00 am

So when he got there, he told me that another one of my liver functions had increased and my platelet levels decreased, and together with my blood pressure problem, I had developed HELLP Syndrome (a form of pre-eclempsia) and that the baby needed to come out.

They set me up in a birthing suite, hooked me up to the IV and induced me. I have always been extremely afraid of the epidural and had been considering not having it. Also knowing that my baby was small gave me hope that just maybe I would be able to have him without it, but I told them that if I do start feeling uncomfortable, in pain and I ask for it, then they should give it to me.

The nurses were monitoring my blood pressure every half hour and I had to have blood taken from me every 6 hours (starting from the lunchtime assessment). A pediatrician came to talk to us and let us know what we can expect. I got really nervous when he said that in addition to him, a respiratory therapist will be present during the birthy. It was supposed to sound like a good thing but it made me more nervous because I didn't want to think of my baby having breathing problems...

Then the nurses said that because of my condition, I was going to be given magensium sulfate which was going to make me feel like I am hung over... and the reason why they were giving me this is to prevent seizures. I wondered why I needed two nurses and why they were in the room and just watching me but later found out that they were assigned to me to watch me and ensure I don't seize, pass out, die.. etc.. Once they gave me this stuff, everyone got kicked out of the room as I had to be kept in a dark place and was supposed to be quiet. My husband and sister were allowed to stay in with me as long as they didn't disturb me. The nurses were encouraging me to go to sleep which I did.

The OB did come at one point to break my water. I was apparently having contractions but I didn't really feel them. I fell asleep again and when I woke up I felt like I was going to vomit. I told the nurse how I felt and then the next thing I remember is people calling my name. I opened up my eyes and saw nurses and the labour and delivery OB standing in front of me. That is when they told me that I had a seizure and that there was no time to wait and that the baby had to come out via c-section...

The delivery team consisted of at least 10 people including the hospital OB, my OB, a helluva number of nurses, etc. Since I didn't have an epidural yet, I had to get a spinal (which I had no idea what it was and was sooooo scared, but luckily I didn't have much time to worry about it)

......half an hour after my little episode, little Mason was born! Monday, February 14th at 1:38am. I was so happy when I heard his cry as he was being transferred from me to the heat table. Luckily, the steroid worked and he had no problem breathing on his own...

To be continued.. again...

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 1:07 am

Kiss of Love
Back to top Go down
TDotMI
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 1:19 am

The little guy was taken to NICU and I didn't get to see him until a few hours later when they wheeled me in there after the recovery room to see him. It was so hard to see him in the incubator and him being so small, but I was so drugged that I didn't really have any reaction. The next time I was able to see him was the following morning. They kept me on the magnesium sulfate until the next day. I had nurses assigned to watch me again and help me the whole time I was on that stuff. I hardly even remember much while I was on it because it really made me feel kooky...

The following day I got to spend lots of time in his “suite”. I was finally coming down from my “high” and was talking to nurses and doctors non stop because I didn't know too much about premature babies. I had no idea how that was going to affect him in the long run, is he going to be ok, does this set him back, yadda, yadda, yadda. It took me a few days to finally get my head straight but what made me feel good is knowing that he wasn't the one with the problem, it was me (which ironically is what made me sad in the first place, that he had to come out because I was sick).

Between the birth and today (he is 12 days old), he surpassed his birth weight on day 6 and has been gaining more than the average amount every day. He was only on antibiotics for two days, had jaundice but that is very common so I wasn't scared. He has had no problems with my milk and the best part is that we have been breastfeeding for a couple of days now (with the help of a lactation consultant) and to everyone's surprise, he has been latching on and taking in full feeds!!! YAY!!! So if he keeps this up, he may be able to come home before April!

I got to the hospital twice a day, spending 3-4 hours at a time and doing lots of skin to skin time which is what he needs now. Right now he has to eat, put some meat on those bones so he can regulate his temparture and move out of the isolet and into a big boy cot. I am so happy with the way things are going and I can't wait for the day he can come home.

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 1:22 am

balmoral wrote:
Kiss of Love

Right back at you Bally!!!!!. Kiss of Love Kiss of Love Kiss of Love ...as well as to everyone who took the time to write in this thread and send me messages!!!!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 1:44 am

Hug wrap up in arms

Oh my gosh, what a scary experience but I'm so glad you and the baby are okay now. I hope he can come home ASAP! The feedings sound like a great sign. You must be so happy to have him in the world.

Take care of yourself! xoxo

eta- awww his picture! He's so precious. happy dance 2
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 5:50 am

Wow so scary. I hope Mason gets to come home early. Take care.

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 6:27 am

Oh my gosh, what a story! I am so impressed with how well he is doing and thank you so much for sharing your story with us. His photo matches the board! The blanket, not him of course! clap You sound strong, it's amazing that he is able to nurse. You go Momma and Mason! dancing penguin
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 6:44 am

TDot ... I'm lovin' on that picture of sweet Mason. Thanks so much for the update. I'm thrilled that he's doing so well.
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 7:04 am

TDot, hugs and kisses to Mason and you too!

I think he is going to be home soon! Thank you for taking time to share and thank you for the photo of that beautiful baby!!

Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 7:35 am

TDot big (((((HUGS)))) to Mason and you.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 7:38 am

Mason is so beautiful, thanks for sharing your story!

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 8:00 am

Mason is adorable! I am so happy he is doing so well. He will be home before you know it!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 8:13 am

(((((((((((TDot))))))))))))))))) cheek kiss

My insides were all jumpy while reading your story.
You are a beautiful, brave young lady!!
I am SO SO SO happy that your little guy is fine and he will be going home with Mommy and Daddy in a few weeks!! happy dance 2

Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 8:26 am

First of all, I hope it is not too much trouble for me to come to Canada and steal Mason. I think he will fit in my pocket nicely. Naughty, naughty dance

I am so happy to hear about how well Mason is doing and how much he is progressing! That was an extraordinary experience you all had, so here is to a much quieter and simpler first few months of life Mason!!!!! cheers to you (Um, Mason, don't drink the champagne. You may have some delicious breastmilk. Actually, that might be sparkling cider in there, just for everyone's safety. Smile )

Keep up the good work, TDot, and we'll keep sending the positive energy!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 8:31 am

Bless your sweet heart. I hope for only good things for you and your family from now on. Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 9:16 am

TdotMI,
What a great job you did. Totally focused on Mason and downplaying your health scares. You are a trooper. And we already know that Mason is over acheiver. Looks like he will be home sooner than Drs. first thought.
I am in awe of you.
bow down

Congrats and he is beautiful baby and a stong boy and a fighter.
Go Mason!
cheers woo hoo 2 cheers

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
cheek kiss
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 9:34 am

Baby Mason is beautiful...best wishes to all of you.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 10:42 am

Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are so much stronger than I would have been in that situation. You are going to be a kickass mom!!!

I am so glad you are ok and that Mason is progressing so well. He will be home before you know it.

He is so precious and I just want to snuggle him.

Always keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 11:01 am

bow down big hug Kiss of Love

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 11:34 am

Mason is a precious little boy. Thank you for sharing your experience and the picture of our little AABB Prince. I look forward to hearing about his progress. You are a wonderful Mom and doing a great job of taking care of Mason but be sure to take of yourself too. dance

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1864
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 1:15 pm

Mason is so precious! Thank you for sharing your story!

Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 2:02 pm

Your positive attitude probably means more than anything to little Mason.
That and love of course.

Heck, your attitude means a lot to me too. It's uplifting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
balmoral
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 2:23 pm

happy dance 2 I love that Mason avatar matches Nancy's new board design,I just love "happy"coincidences . My friendship with ToDot is one of the "happy coincidences too", She will understand it, I am so relived and happy ,mom and precious baby are doing great and I know so many of us here can finaly relax and cheer for ToDot faml. cheers fireworks group hug
Back to top Go down
dmj
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 906

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 2:47 pm

Your baby is precious, even more so for what you two have been through. It is wonderful that he is progressing well and may get to come home sooner than expected!! Stay well yourself, get plenty of rest for when Mason comes home.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 3:08 pm

Thank goodness everything turn out great. Mason looks so good and adorable too. I'm sure he'll be home with you soon enough. This is your time to rest and take care of you! You did so good TDot, you are for sure a true DUT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 6:37 pm

Thank you for sharing your story with us....we are so happy that you are ok and that of course baby Mason is thriving!!! He will be home before you know it!!

What a handsome little man!!!

Take care of yourself too!!! Hug wrap up in arms

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 8:29 pm

Beautiful baby boy Mason!!!! I am praying for your family that you get to take him home soon.

XOXO

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
stones
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1045

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 9:23 pm

Our Miracle Mason!!! So happy you are doing good. I know it will be a blessing when you finally get to bring him home!!!
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   February 26th 2011, 9:30 pm

I can't get over how adorbs Mason is.

He was born a pretty good weight (3 pounds) for being early. It is amazing that he has already gained a little weight and is eating well.

I am so happy for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Congratulations ToDot!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: