View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35507
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: ...in other Survivor News   January 21st 2011, 9:19 am

I thought I'd start this thread.

My favorite outrageous past Survivor, Coach Wade has a new project.
( this may have been posted.... but this is my first look at it)

http://www.thewayofthenoblewarrior.com/

The Way of the Noble Warrior is a show about changing lives. This show will take people who are struggling and need a change, on the trek of a lifetime.

Men and women from all walks of life and all age groups will join Coach Ben Wade on this journey. Each member of this group will be from a different background, battling his or her own problems. The only true qualification is a willingness to embrace change and the opportunity before them.

The elements will not be a friend, yet this will be not only be a physical test, but also a test of the mind. Together, immersed within these ancient cultures, this group will study the customs and traditions of these ancient warriors. All along the way, the group will be learning how to strengthen themselves to become better people. Throughout this journey, Coach Ben Wade will be there for the entire process.

Coach will be a guide, a motivator, a friend and a trusted travel companion. However, this is a show about more than just one man or woman. This show is about the growth of all the people on the trip. Coach Ben Wade has spent his entire life working with all kinds of people. Whether it's on the soccer field, a foreign land, or with a full orchestra, Coach’s truest work has always been to tirelessly ensure that those around him achieve their potential.

Through a series of challenges that will push the members of this trek physically and mentally to the limits, beyond what they thought capable, these men and women will be transformed. This will be a band of gypsies, a tribe of troubled souls, and ultimately, a family. Through the lessons taught while on this trek, we will empower both participant and viewer alike with the skills to achieve their potential.

This is the Way of the Noble Warrior.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   January 21st 2011, 10:34 am

Fascinating. I wish him well on this undertaking.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   January 21st 2011, 12:48 pm

Mappy wrote:
Fascinating. I wish him well on this undertaking.

He is such a lovable nut!
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   January 21st 2011, 1:08 pm

This could be a really good thing - I know he practices what he preaches and truly believes it.

But as you say Nancy, he is a lovable nut!
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9246
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   January 21st 2011, 1:49 pm

YAY!!
Back to top Go down
DoctorJane
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   January 22nd 2011, 5:47 am

I want Coach to teach me his ways. I'll be the Richie to his Duncan.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4794
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   January 31st 2011, 11:42 pm

I'm not sure if this is for any and all other Survivor news? I read this today and found it interesting.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-01-31/survivor-spoiler-exposes-russell-hantz-as-his-source/

Quote :

After Survivor fan Jim Early was sued for revealing the show’s secrets, he pointed a finger at one of its most popular players, Russell Hantz, as his source.

Andy Dehnart reports:

• Mark Burnett Productions and CBS sued Early for successfully spoiling Seasons 19 and 20.
• Early began talking to Russell Hantz on the phone, who would tease information. Once Hantz saw the attention the information got on the Survivor Sucks message boards, Early said, “he just started coming out and telling me what happened: who was leaving, who won challenges."
• The Survivor cast members’ contract states that contestants may not reveal "the elimination of contestants and the selection of any winner." The penalty for doing so is "liquidated damages" of $5 million.
• Lawyers, according to Early, wer less interested in him that where he had gotten the information. "I gave him an email from Russell spoiling something,” Early said. “They were very happy to get that email, and I have many, many more."
• An email message provided to The Daily Beast by Early that he says is from Hantz identifies the elimination order of two Survivor Samoa contestants, while another message says Hantz will call Early with accurate information about the show.
• Early told The Daily Beast that he gave up Hantz and is talking about him now "because of his attitude about the whole thing, and because Russell tried to implicate another player, an innocent player, who wasn't giving information."

More at the link above.

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 1st 2011, 3:58 am

So really the reason he revealed Russell as the spoiler was to escape the lawsuit? I wonder what motivated Russell to reveal stuff to Jim Early any way?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 1st 2011, 6:52 am

Moody wrote:
So really the reason he revealed Russell as the spoiler was to escape the lawsuit? I wonder what motivated Russell to reveal stuff to Jim Early any way?

I'd like to think Early was trying to protect the innocent player but was really covering his butt. The article says he didn't like Russell's attitude about the whole thing and decided to reveal his source.

I would love to read and hear all the stuff that went down between the two of them. That could be at least a month of discussion lol!
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 1st 2011, 10:04 pm

Mappy wrote:
Moody wrote:

I'd like to think Early was trying to protect the innocent player but was really covering his butt. The article says he didn't like Russell's attitude about the whole thing and decided to reveal his source.

I would love to read and hear all the stuff that went down between the two of them. That could be at least a month of discussion
lol!

I believe that Jim Early revealed Hantz as his source because (a) he was afraid of CBS/SEG and (b) Hantz made Jim the laughingstock of the internet with the fake S22 spoilers about Kimbo Slice and Carrie Prejean. It was quite embarrassing for ole Jimboy.
laugh so hard I crie

And by revealing his source (which many people knew anyway) Jim won't be getting anymore tips for future spoiling. If I had spoilers, Jim would be the LAST person I would approach now. No one likes a snitch.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 2nd 2011, 1:24 am

Russell Hantz

All I'm gonna say is this, everybody wants their 15 min of fame and never believe what you read because when it's false and you believe it you're just as bad as the jackass that wrote about it an hour ago

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 2nd 2011, 4:48 am

Back to top Go down
karenkns
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 2nd 2011, 12:30 pm

Quote :
By the way, Entertainment Weekly’s Dalton Ross, who still has access to Survivor cast, crew, and locations, wrote on Twitter that CBS “always kinda knew it was Russell anyway.”

Yet they brought him back again.

The timing of this all sounds like PR for the new season with Russell.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 2nd 2011, 10:08 pm

karenkns wrote:
Quote :
By the way, Entertainment Weekly’s Dalton Ross, who still has access to Survivor cast, crew, and locations, wrote on Twitter that CBS “always kinda knew it was Russell anyway.”

Yet they brought him back again.

The timing of this all sounds like PR for the new season with Russell.

It almost sounds like the way ABC uses Reality Steve to dish out spoilers. I have always felt it was someone on the inside giving him information although he denies his source is from ABC.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   February 16th 2011, 12:09 pm

Seven days seems too short for a celebrity edition. If producers cannot find famewhores celebrities who are willing to go through the Survivor experience for at least 21 days, a celebrity edition would not be worth it.

Quote :
Is 'Celebrity Survivor' already in the works?

by Dalton Ross

A celebrity version of Survivor has been discussed off and on almost since the reality hit first aired back in the summer of 2000, but we may be closer to seeing it than ever before. When asked about it during a conference call with reporters last week, executive producer Mark Burnett replied, “Would I think about an all-celebrity version? For charity, if CBS wanted to, a shortened version, I would think about it.”

But last night, Survivor host Jeff Probst took it to a whole other level as a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. After being told by Fallon that he needed to re-up his contract, Probst replied: “I’ll re-up if you will agree to be part of a crew to do a seven-day Celebrity Survivor.” When Fallon squirmed, Probst continued: “Seven days and for one hour a day you can be in communication with your fans. You can tweet, you can talk about whatever and then it’s back to Survivor.” And Probst wasn’t done. After the show, he tweeted from @JeffProbst: “If you think Fallon should do Survivor, tweet him and encourage him. If we can get a handful of great celebs I think we could pull it off!”

This is a far cry from Probst’s previous stance on celebrity editions. Back in the summer of 2009, I had heard whispers that they were seriously considering a celebrity version of the show (especially after Burnett’s success reinvigorating The Apprentice franchise with Celebrity Apprentice) before finally settling on the theme of Heroes vs Villains. When I asked Probst about it while on location for that season, he replied, “We never talked about doing a Celebrity Survivor. I can’t imagine ever doing a Celebrity Survivor. It doesn’t even seem right. We’re not I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here. This is not a bulls— show. It’s a real show.”

This would not mark the first time the host has changed his mind. Immediately after dealing with the egos and attitudes of Survivor: All-Stars, Probst was dead set against doing another edition filled with returning players — a stance he ultimately softened (which led to Fans vs Favorites and Heroes vs. Villains). As a big fan of the absurdity of Celebrity Apprentice, I have no problem with an edition filled with pampered prima donnas roughing it, but doing it for just seven days and allowing celebrities to actually communicate with the outside world while playing seems like a poor approximation of the true Survivor experience.

What do you think? Is Celebrity Survivor something you want to see, even if the famous faces were only roughing it for a week…with their laptops? Hit the message boards and let us know. And for more Survivor scoop, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss. And to see Probst’s take on the new contestants of Redemption Island, premiering tonight, click on the video player below.
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   March 9th 2011, 4:10 pm

Jeff Probst Signs New Agreement to Return as Host/Executive Producer

CBS has ordered two more editions of SURVIVOR to be broadcast during the 2011-2012 season. These will mark the 23rd and 24th editions of television's longest-running hit reality competition series. Additionally, Emmy Award-winner Jeff Probst has signed a new agreement to continue as host and as an executive producer for the 23rd and 24th editions. Probst has hosted SURVIVOR since its inception. "'Survivor' is a program franchise that continues to stand the test of time. Each season delivers new faces, exotic places, the ultimate social experiment combined with game play, and one of the most engaged audiences anywhere on primetime television," said Jennifer Bresnan, CBS Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming. This season, SURVIVOR moved from its long-established Thursday time period to Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT). The fall edition, SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA, continued its time-period-winning ways, placing first in viewers (13.61m), adults 18-49 (4.3//12) and adults 25-54 (5.6/14). SURVIVOR improved the year-ago time period by +84% in viewers, +79% in adults 18-49 and +87% in adults 25-54, while also improving upon last season's Thursday performance by 1% in viewers and +4% in adults 25-54. The current spring edition, SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND which features the new redemption island format, continues to perform strongly opposite "American Idol," averaging 11.70 million viewers, 3.4/10 in adults 18-49 and 4.6/11 in adults 25-54 while improving the year-ago time period by +150% in viewers, +162% in adults 18-49 and +156% in adults 25-54. The groundbreaking reality series, which premiered in May 2000, won an Emmy Award in 2001 in the category of "Outstanding Non-Fiction Program" (Special Class). Host Jeff Probst is a three-time Emmy Award winner in the category of "Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality Competition Series." SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winner Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett, Jeff Probst and David Burris are executive producers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   March 9th 2011, 4:37 pm

YAY!!!!! I love Jeff and Survivor wouldn't be the same without him.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   March 12th 2011, 6:02 pm

this was just on my news

'Survivor' Star Ordered Back To Prison Hatch Gets 9 Months For Failing To Pay Taxes On Winnings

Reality TV star Richard Hatch was ordered back to prison Friday to serve a nine-month sentence for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on the first season of the hit CBS show "Survivor."

Hatch, who is currently appearing on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice," spent more than three years in prison for tax evasion before being released in 2009, and has been serving a three-year term of supervised release. During that period, he was supposed to refile his 2000 and 2001 taxes and pay what he owed, but he never did.

U.S. District Court Judge William Smith on Friday said Hatch, who has strenuously maintained his innocence, had exhibited no remorse and had made no effort to comply with an order that he straighten out and pay his taxes. He imposed a sentence three months longer than what was recommended by prosecutors: six months - the maximum in the federal sentencing guidelines.

He said the term of supervised release, which is supposed to be a time of rehabilitation, did not appear to be doing any good in Hatch's case. He said a substantial sentence was required to send a message to Hatch and others who flout the court's orders.

"You can continue to proclaim your innocence," Smith said. "You don't have the option of engaging in this type of game or negotiation with the court. It needs to be a severe punishment. That's the only thing that will deter you in the future."

He also ordered Hatch serve 26 months supervised release, during which time 25 percent of Hatch's gross income would be garnished and paid to the Internal Revenue Service. Prosecutor Andrew Reich said Friday that Hatch now owes an estimated $2 million to the IRS on the Survivor winnings and other income, including penalties.

Hatch, who lives in Newport, R.I., was ordered to report for his prison term on Monday.

He said outside court that he was disappointed and planned to appeal.

During the hearing, Hatch told Smith that he had fully cooperated with the terms of his release, and that his taxes were extremely complicated and he was working with an accountant to determine from the IRS what he owed. His lawyer said he had only made $26,000 to $27,000 in income since being released from prison, and said he had sought jobs in marketing, on a fishing boat and was currently trying to leverage his charity appearance on "Celebrity Apprentice" into paying jobs in the entertainment industry.

Hatch also told the judge he recently discovered he had a second son and was trying to build a relationship with him. He asked Smith because of that and the job opportunities that could come out of his "Celebrity Apprentice" appearance not to send him back to prison.

NBC said 11 of 12 episodes of "Celebrity Apprentice," which features 16 celebrities competing for charities, have already been taped. It premiered March 6. The finale, which ordinarily features the last two contenders and a winner chosen, is scheduled to air live on May 22.

NBC spokesman Sean Martin said Hatch's legal problems would have no effect on the show.

"The finale will move forward regardless," he said.

Asked outside court whether he was prepared to go back to prison, Hatch didn't answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...in other Survivor News   

Back to top Go down

...in other Survivor News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: