Media

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 17th 2011, 6:25 pm

Well, this was one of my least favourite Survivor seasons but people's emotions aren't always logical. We feel how we feel. If Grant feels bitterness/disappointment/betrayal after watching the show that's how he feels. I've never seen anyone respond well to "You shouldn't feel that way."
As outsiders, I think we can all see that Rob didn't know Grant coming into this game and he'd possibly been obsessed with winning Survivor ever since Amber beat him on season 8's Survivor All-Stars. He appeared to have a well thought out plan of how to succeed and Grant was part of it but Rob was totally focused on the win and probably thought (I think correctly) that taking Grant instead of Natalie and Philip might jeopardize the win. With the passage of time, Grant may come to the same conclusion but individuals being what they are, he may not.
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 17th 2011, 7:39 pm

I think it was a question of wounded pride with Grant. He was played for a fool. He'll get over it.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 17th 2011, 8:18 pm

I'm not saying Grant shouldn't feel some hurt, but jeez let it go already!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2699
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 12:38 am

Grant seems to be a beta-male. And he seems to have some issues. One of the attendees to the finale got pics with every player except Rob (who was rushed away) and Grant, who apparently stayed in his room when the fans were allowed to mingle with the players.

His relationship with Rob in the game reminded me of the old Chester & Spike cartoons.

"I love you Rob"

Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 12:45 am

Nice interview with Natalie

TVGuide

by Kate Stanhope

She's been called lazy. She's been called a coattail-rider. But no matter what Survivor castaways and fans said about Natalie Tenerelli, it was her passive game play and her unflinching devotion to "Boston Rob" Mariano that earned her a spot in the final three. Unfortunately, these two traits were also her downfall and she received zero votes from the jury (she even came in behind Phillip Sheppard, which is really saying something). The 19-year-old professional dancer spoke with TVGuide.com about why she decided not to throw Rob under the bus, how she feels about the jury's — especially Julie Wolfe's — harsh words and why she wasn't as lazy as people think.

What did you think your chances were going into the live finale?
Natalie: By that time, I was pretty sure that Rob had it in the bag. Looking back, I thought that the jury would understand how much Rob played them and I was hoping that they would be bitter and hopefully vote for me.

Do you think there is something else you could have done or said to the jury to turn them against Rob?
Natalie: That's the thing. A lot of people were like, "Why didn't you express yourself and show reasons as to why Rob shouldn't win?" I thought about doing that. I could have thrown Rob under the bus and said, "He's played this four times. He's already kind of experienced the $1 million with his wife, Amber. He's already done The Amazing Race. He's already done so much. Why would you give it to somebody who has that much experience?" But then I thought about it and that's not the way I played the game from the beginning. From the very beginning, I just wanted to be myself and just maintain close relationships with people. I thought if I just changed it up for the final Tribal Council, what would that really do for me?

Were you surprised you didn't receive at least one vote?
Natalie: It was kind of weird. I thought maybe I would get one or two votes. ... I just think I flew right under the radar and people thought maybe I didn't do enough. I believe I did a whole lot that wasn't shown on screen.

What did you do that wasn't shown on TV?
Natalie: I was kind of made to look like I was lazy at camp and didn't do much. In reality, I did a whole lot of things that went unnoticed. Maybe I didn't start the fire every single night, but I basically was the homemaker. There was a time when Grant's shirt was just completely ripped to shreds and I sewed the entire thing back up. His shoes were torn apart so I sewed his shoes. Ashley and I would make the bed every single night and take everybody's clothes off the line. I was also the rice maker. Grant liked his rice mushy so I made his rice mushy and Rob liked his crunchy so I made his crunchy. Stuff like that that just went completely unnoticed.

One of the big criticisms from the jury was how much you followed Rob, with Andrea even calling it "creepy." What did you take away from those comments?
Natalie: I did not expect to get any of that reaction out of people ... I think everybody was kind of embarrassed that Rob didn't take them to the end, so I think therefore they were bitter and they tried to make it look like it was something that it wasn't. Rob was basically like my big brother out there and now, so I don't take any of that to heart. I think a lot of the people that said things apologized and said, "I don't know why I said that. I really regret it." I'm not really thinking too hard into that.

Julie was especially hard on you during the final Tribal Council, but apologized during the reunion. Did you talk to her further about her remarks?
Natalie: She was probably one of the only people I was nervous to see just because she did have such harsh words at that final Tribal Council. I just figured I was going to be as cordial as possible and she ended up giving me a hug. She didn't really say too much and then after the live show, she came up and apologized. I'm a really forgiving person so that's all I needed to hear.

Do you think Ashley forgiven you for voting her out? How are you two now?
Natalie: I think everything is good. I think she understands that it was really up to her whether she got to the final three or not, just because there was no changing Phillip or Rob's vote. Rob is very, very stubborn when it comes to the game so there was no way for me to convince Rob to vote Phillip out. Also, I realized that Ashley did win two immunity challenges before that, so she had a lot going for her. I knew she would have been big competition.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 1:10 pm

ha ha ha!

Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 1:51 pm

clap
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 2:35 pm

One of the big criticisms from the jury was how much you followed Rob, with Andrea even calling it "creepy." What did you take away from those comments?
Natalie: I did not expect to get any of that reaction out of people ... I think everybody was kind of embarrassed that Rob didn't take them to the end, so I think therefore they were bitter and they tried to make it look like it was something that it wasn't. Rob was basically like my big brother out there and now, so I don't take any of that to heart. I think a lot of the people that said things apologized and said, "I don't know why I said that. I really regret it." I'm not really thinking too hard into that.

the whole world said it, not just the jury.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:06 pm

bergen wrote:

I guess I don't live in that world because I never said or thought that.
The only creepiness I felt was towards the bitter jury members (especially Julie).
Cripes, she was talking about a 19 year old kid that wanted to be in a strong alliance with a well-known strong player.

What the feck is wrong with that?...plus it turned out great for Natalie, she walked away with $85K!

Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:07 pm

I never thought it was creepy. I think she is young and she looked at Rob as an older brother who would help her. I like Natalie a lot. She is a sweetheart. I like the way she has handled things after the show.

ETA
good posting Wilde!
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:08 pm

bergen wrote:

I didn't think she was creepy. I thought she was kind of dumb.
I don't know which is better or worse.
And I thought some of the Jury's attitudes were way creepier. Because at the end of the day, she is a kid without much world experience, and they are adults and playing a GAME. They sort of need to get a grip. And Natalie needs to grow up, which she will, in time.

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:15 pm

well i don't get it, i don't buy any of it when you are on a game, try to win the game not follow someone to 2nd or 3rd
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:25 pm

bergen wrote:
well i don't get it, i don't buy any of it when you are on a game, try to win the game not follow someone to 2nd or 3rd

That's why I thought she was dumb, not creepy.

I'm gonna try to win, and if I don't, I am not gonna be a baby about it, either.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:37 pm

Peaches wrote:
I never thought it was creepy. I think she is young and she looked at Rob as an older brother who would help her. I like Natalie a lot. She is a sweetheart. I like the way she has handled things after the show.

ETA
good posting Wilde!

good posting
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 3:54 pm

Mappy wrote:
Peaches wrote:

ETA
good posting Wilde!

good posting

post count
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 4:35 pm

Mappy wrote:
Peaches wrote:

ETA
good posting Wilde!

good posting

AGREE
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 8:53 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
bergen wrote:

The only creepiness I felt was towards the bitter jury members (especially Julie).
Cripes, she was talking about a 19 year old kid that wanted to be in a strong alliance with a well-known strong player.

What the feck is wrong with that?...plus it turned out great for Natalie, she walked away with $85K!

Well said 100% agree!

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 19th 2011, 9:30 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
bergen wrote:

Agree with Moe. Very Happy

As a 19 year old with limited experience in life, Natalie used the absolutely correct strategy of allying herself with a stronger and more experienced player - the natural leader of the tribe to boot. She offered up her loyalty and often provided a sounding board and even gave him regular reports on discussions around camp. In return, he protected her and shielded her from being targetted and brought her to the endgame. Her only hope of winning was being a UTR sweetheart that would receive some anti-Rob votes and anti-Phillip votes in the end, along with a vote or two from the gals. Like NatalieW and Amber.

Instead, we got a jury session where sweet 19 year old Natalie was raked over the coals more than the backstabbing Rob. RIDICULOUS. And the main bitter betties were the only three women on the jury who quite frankly should be ashamed of themselves. PATHETIC, all three of them. (Aside : kudos to Steve and Mike for their classy jury comments and questions).

Andrea came up with the dumbass 'creepy' comment which came out of NOWHERE and was typically mean-girl stuff. Natalie was sleeping next to Rob in the shelter. Wow !! Who was the other person sleeping next ot Rob ? ANDREA. It was simple jealousy that Nat had reached the F3 and Andrea had not.

Same thing with Ashley. Betrayed by Rob and betrayed by Natalie at the end. Ashley should have given her friend Natalie a 'sympathy' vote, as all of the jurors knew Rob would easily win the game. Oh, but Ash & Nat were so close ! Well, you know what ? Grant and Rob were very close too. And Grant still voted for his friend (at the time).

Julie. Who figured it would be Julie trying to be the 'Sue Hawk' of this season ? I thought Julie rediscovered her faith on RI and was happy with the game. Why would she think Natalie's parents would be ashamed with how Natalie played the game ? Natalie was a sweetheart, pure and innocent. These were words used by Rob in a confessional (where he had no reason to lie). Natalie was nice to everyone not named Phillip (and he brought that on himself). Yet Julie has the nerve to cast aspersions on Natalie personally ? Evil or Very Mad

I have the DVDs for the ASS season, and they showed some of the behind the scenes stuff at the finale. Most of the players gathered in one room to watch the finale before proceeding onto the stage for the vote reveal. Four players were isolated in their own smaller room to watch the finale. Amber. Rob. Hatch. And Colby ! I can only assume that Colby was with the smaller group as a show of support for Romber (and probably to get away from the insanity and hypocrisy that was Lex and Kathy and Jerri and Alicia and Tom).

ASS was a super tense finale so they had to separate the players. I believe that most seasons have ALL of the players in the same big room to watch the finale (and I remember pics from the Cook Islands viewing room). I only hope that Julie and Andrea and Ashley were embarrassed and ashamed when their attacks on Natalie were shown on national TV.

Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4488

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 20th 2011, 9:16 am

I kinda thought both of the girls were creepy towards Rob & Grant to a lesser degree. I thought that when the episode aired about the crispy rice that the girls insisted Rob had to have & no one else could... a big ole argument ensued.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 21st 2011, 9:47 am

Rob on Live with Regis and Kelly.

http://www.criticalmention.com/components/url_gen/play_flash.php?autoplay=1&clip_info=2013953351|15|44^2013954266|0|59^2013955712|0|59^2013957375|0|59^2013958343|0|55^
Back to top Go down
loire
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Media   May 21st 2011, 9:57 am

I love Rob, I hope his new show does well.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 16944

PostSubject: Re: Media   June 29th 2011, 7:09 pm

Jeff gets himself a new daytime talk show. Will still keep his Survivor gig.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-host-jeff-probst-signs-deal-host-new-daytime-talk-show---12439.php
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132

PostSubject: Re: Media   October 15th 2011, 4:28 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this but I just love those dimples!

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35312
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Media   October 21st 2011, 4:56 pm

I was just looking around at the new Survivor promos...
anyway, I came across this. Sohie is using this chop as her twitter picture.
Cool

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
carra
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Media   October 21st 2011, 9:06 pm

[quote="NancyB (admin)"]I was just looking around at the new Survivor promos...
anyway, I came across this. Sohie is using this chop as her twitter picture.
Cool

WOW Nancy!! That is so cool! I would have never in a million years seen
Sohie like that. Looks really KOOL!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Media   October 30th 2011, 7:47 am

'SURVIVOR' CONTESTANT
No Immunity From DUI Arrest

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/30/survivor-semhar-tadesse-arrested-dui/#.Tq1GWPT7j-4

Semhar Tadesse -- the first person booted from this season of "Survivor" -- was arrested Thursday on suspicion of DUI, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, 25-year-old Semhar ran a red light in L.A. and was pulled over. We're told officers caught a whiff of alcohol from the vehicle ... and decided to administer a field sobriety test.

According to law enforcement sources, Semhar blew a .14 -- nearly twice the legal limit in California -- and was arrested on the spot. She was released hours later on $5,000 bail.

Sources close to Semhar tell us, she was unable to walk in a straight line because of a foot injury -- but the reality star is still accepting responsibility and feels extremely disappointed in herself ... especially after losing a close friend to drunk driving in the past.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Media   October 30th 2011, 5:14 pm

....as Jeff would say, "I got nothing for ya..."

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Media   October 31st 2011, 9:28 pm

Brandon seems almost sweet in this video

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2160655480/survivor-south-pacific-upolu-all-the-way
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 1st 2011, 9:29 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2160655480/survivor-south-pacific-upolu-all-the-way

My brain is warped, first thing I thought of is the phrase, "the devil wears Prada". I do believe Brandon is genuine, but his whole internal struggle with good and evil, creeps me out BIG TIME. It really shouldn't be so hard.
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 1st 2011, 12:40 pm

LaLa wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

My brain is warped, first thing I thought of is the phrase, "the devil wears Prada". I do believe Brandon is genuine, but his whole internal struggle with good and evil, creeps me out BIG TIME. It really shouldn't be so hard.

good posting
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 1st 2011, 12:46 pm

Exactly ... I don't have a religious bone in my body and I've never had any such internal struggle with good and evil. As my Dad used to tell me in my teenaged years ... "If you're doing something you wouldn't want me to see or know about, maybe you should rethink it."
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 4th 2011, 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14481
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 4th 2011, 11:07 pm

Found this at Jokers. I had no idea Whitney was related to a missing person. I remember the case because it was on all the legal shows.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Survivor&Number=16880275&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=186&rc=&vc=1

Quote :
Holly Bobo Missing: Six Months Pass After Abduction

Wednesday should have been a festive celebration for Holly Bobo and her family. It should have been a day filled with cake, presents and memories to last beyond what would have been her 21st birthday. Instead, her place at the family dinner table remained empty. Her absence was painfully evident to all those who care for her. Those same individuals are dealing with an equally difficult milestone today -- the six month anniversary of the young woman’s unexplained disappearance.

The rest is at the link. It it was already posted elsewhere...sorry I missed it.

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 6th 2011, 7:28 am

Sad

Ethan Zohn's Cancer Returns
BY JULIE JORDAN
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20541727,00.html#disqus_thread
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 11th 2011, 2:55 pm

Survivor Contestant Whitney Duncan's Secret Marriage RevealedFriday November 11, 2011 02:30 PM EST

Whitney Duncan and Keith Tollefson on Survivor: South Pacific

Facebook Tweet Whitney Duncan's Survivor: South Pacific bio says she is 27, resides in Nashville and is a country music singer. Check, check, and check. Asked to describe herself in three words, she lists: Outgoing, happy and honest. Check, check and ... not so much.

The blonde, who portrays herself as single on the show, and who was runner-up in Country Weekly's "Hottest Bachelorette" earlier this year, has in fact been married since Aug. 1, 2010, when she secretly wed Donny Fallgatter, 32, in Gatlinburg, Tenn.

Fallgatter, from Bismark, N.D., is lead singer for the band KingBilly. According to a fellow band member, sparks first flew for the couple when their paths crossed in June 2010 during the CMA Music Festival in Nashville.

"They were good together, and they looked good together," says the source. "They both fell hard."

The romance heated up quickly, and Duncan moved into Fallgatter's home and occasionally traveled and performed with KingBilly while they were on tour. Before Duncan left to compete on Survivor in late May, the couple announced their engagement to family and friends.

"Donny was totally faithful while she was gone," says a close friend. "He even went to help out at her parents' house in West Tennessee a couple times."

At one point before returning home, Duncan phoned Fallgatter, and, as Fallgatter told the friend, "He said she sounded weird, like something was up, and not like she was looking forward to seeing him." Fallgatter's suspicions were confirmed in a subsequent call, the friend says, when she confessed that she had developed a relationship with another Survivor contestant, Keith Tollefson.

"Donny sent me a text that said, 'Whitney got into a Survivor relationship.' I called him and he was really upset so I went over to his place," says the friend. "That's when he told me that she wasn't his fiancé, but his wife, that they had gotten married the summer before. I was totally shocked."

On Aug. 20, Duncan Tweeted, "Moving furniture all day ... sweeet. I'm gonna be really happy when I get a home one day and never have to move again."

Since then, she and Tollefson have been spotted around Nashville, and she refers to a BF in her Twitter posts. Tollefson, 26, was voted off Survivor on the Nov. 2 episode, leaving Duncan to fend for herself.

A rep for Duncan had no comment when asked about her marriage
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 11th 2011, 3:01 pm

Oh dear! Kind of makes her tirade against Cochran hollow.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 11th 2011, 3:06 pm

Here is a picture of the dumped husband

Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 11th 2011, 3:26 pm

Ugh and can you imagine how stinky they were on Survivor? Poor Donny is better off obviously.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 11th 2011, 4:00 pm

KayS wrote:
Ugh and can you imagine how stinky they were on Survivor? Poor Donny is better off obviously.

LOL Kay! They probably didn't have any hanky -panky until they were voted off and went to the place they keep the booted.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14481
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Media   November 11th 2011, 4:08 pm

Wow, I knew Keith and Whitney were dating, but had no idea she was married.

PostSubject: Re: Media   

Back to top Go down

Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Survivor-
Jump to: