Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Media   December 20th 2010, 7:55 pm

This is what Kristen at Eonline said about Redemption Island. It gives me hope about the Rob Vs. Russell angle. I would love it happy dance 2 .

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b217239_spoiler_chat_will_glees_brittany.html

Cathy in Coronado: The upcoming Survivor: Redemption Island sounds totally cool, but what happened to the rumors that the season was going to be Boston Rob vs. Russell?
Keep the faith, sister-pants. True, Jeff Probst didn't mention the archenemies when he previewed the 22nd season (which premieres Feb. 16), but remember, the exciting new twist centers around a duel. And riddle me this: What were both Rob and Russell doing in the Nicaragua finale's studio audience...and why was Rob overheard comparing L.A.'s recent showers to Nicaragua's rainy season?

Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 10th 2011, 8:36 am

Tweet: Photo gallery of the new SURVIVOR contestants, complete with exclusive quotes and video! Whom do you love/loathe?

Dalton Ross introduces you to 16 men and women who will be competing (along with two former players yet to be revealed) for the $1 million prize

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20354695_20456240,00.html

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 10th 2011, 8:38 am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/10/survivor-redemption-island-new-cast/

A Miss USA competitor, two former NFL players, and an Iraq war veteran are among the contestants who will be playing for $1 million when Survivor: Redemption Island premieres Wednesday, February 16 on CBS. But the most famous faces competing have yet to be announced, as two former players will once again be returning to the game, bringing the total contestant count to 18. (Their identities will be revealed later in the week.) This will not be the first time that two former players have come back to lead their tribes into battle: Stephenie LaGrossa and Bobby Jon Drinkard of Survivor: Palau returned for the Guatemala season, with LaGrossa making it all the way to the final two (where she lost to Danni Boatwright).

As for the 16 newcomers, they do not include 2009 Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean — who, like MMA fighter Kimbo Slice, was erroneously reported online as being part of the cast — but another 2009 Miss USA competitor, Ashley Underwood (Miss Maine), did make the cut. And a few of the other cast members do have connections to previous Survivors: Steve Wright used to play football on the Dallas Cowboys with Survivor: Guatemala‘s Gary Hogeboom, while Grant Mattos (another former NFL player) was encouraged to compete by his good friend Natalie Bolton (Survivor: Micronesia). Other contestants with notable pasts include Mike Chisel, who saw combat in Iraq, and Krista Klumpp, who was the head cheerleader at Auburn University.

In addition to the two returning players (who will each end up on a tribe after a drawing of concealed buffs), the other big twist to season 22 of Survivor is the addition of Redemption Island, where players are sent after being voted off and compete in duels for a chance to reenter the game at a later point. “We have all our duels laid out,” host Jeff Probst told EW.com while on location in Nicaragua just moments after filming began on the season. “Luck of the draw which one you get. Depends what time you’re at Redemption Island. Some will be a little tougher. Some will be puzzle based.” Unlike the hotly debated Outcasts twist of Pearl Islands, this time contestants will be informed of the twist at the very start of the season, and the people voted off and hoping to return will be stuck in the same conditions with the same supplies as everyone else (meaning no advantage in being able to refuel and recharge).

Filmed on the same beaches as those used for Survivor: Nicaragua, the season begins with the contestants (along with Probst) being delivered to their destination in style. “We came in on a Mil-17, ” says Probst, “which is a Russian helicopter that is owned by the Nicaraguan air force, and that was one of the baddest rides that I’ve ever had. It is a huge machine. You can’t hear a thing when you’re up there.”
Back to top Go down
Elizabethxoxo
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Media   January 10th 2011, 10:11 am

Cast is up officially.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

I like Andrea, Ashley, Matt (Fabio 2.0) and Mike and of course, Boston Rob. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 13th 2011, 12:54 pm

Owatanite posted this on Twitter lol!

Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 13th 2011, 12:59 pm

bravo Owanitie. Thanks for bringing it over Mappy.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 13th 2011, 5:39 pm

Actually, as I posted in the tweet, Django @ SS made that poster. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 13th 2011, 5:40 pm

Oowatanite wrote:
Actually, as I posted in the tweet, Django @ SS made that poster. Smile

Thanks for the clarification Oowat. I saw Django but did not know it was a he or she or from SS lol!

Oowatanite Hugh
A chop about #Survivor22 from Django http://tinyurl.com/45jx6n7
5 hours ago
Back to top Go down
Fortian
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 24th 2011, 1:42 pm

Jeff Probst admits American Idol’s threat to Survivor, says Redemption Island in “top 5”

Reality Blurred

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 24th 2011, 5:13 pm

Find out what Boston Rob has to say about his upcoming season of Survivor: Redemption Island! Survivor: Redemption Island premieres Wednesday, February 16th at 8/7c only on CBS!

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 24th 2011, 5:15 pm

Find out what Russell has to say about his upcoming season of Survivor: Redemption Island! Survivor: Redemption Island premieres Wednesday, February 16th at 8/7c only on CBS!

Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 28th 2011, 12:05 am

For those of you who get the TV Guide channel, I read on twitter there's supposed to be an 1-hour preview today, 1/28. Since I don't get the channel, I don't know what time.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Media   January 28th 2011, 12:08 am

annie367 wrote:
For those of you who get the TV Guide channel, I read on twitter there's supposed to be an 1-hour preview today, 1/28. Since I don't get the channel, I don't know what time.

9:00PM est
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 6th 2011, 1:41 pm

Evel Dick Donato

On Sunday 6th February 2011, @EvelDick said:

Richard Hatch & I will be doing a weekly Survivor webcast this season with a different guest host filling the 3rd spot every week. Most of them former castaways with a few other big name reality stars that are big Survivor fans... Including one that will be on this seasons Amazing Race. Follow @RTVZone to find out who, when and where very soon.

A partial list of guest hosts... Sandra Diaz, Jerri Manthey, Lex, Todd Hertzog, Yau Man (spelling) Ryno, Bo-Dog & others 2 B announced
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 16th 2011, 5:05 pm

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 16th 2011, 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 16th 2011, 6:21 pm

Thanks Happy, I really enjoyed watching that. It's amazing what they do. I'm really getting excited now lol.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 17th 2011, 2:47 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/17/isurvivor-redepmption-ratings/

Ouch. For the first time ever, Survivor premiered against American Idol. Guess how that turned out?

On one hand, CBS’ Survivor, well, survived — any network will take 11.2 million viewers and a 3.2 adults 18-49 rating against Fox’s pet Death Star. But Survivor: Redemption Island was down 29 percent from a year ago and had its lowest-rated opener ever. Though last night’s episode was light years more compelling than any hour last season, another factor may have been the previous cycle disappointing fans.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 19th 2011, 9:09 am

Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Media   February 19th 2011, 10:19 am

annie367 wrote:

Ouch. For the first time ever, Survivor premiered against American Idol. Guess how that turned out?

On one hand, CBS’ Survivor, well, survived — any network will take 11.2 million viewers and a 3.2 adults 18-49 rating against Fox’s pet Death Star. But Survivor: Redemption Island was down 29 percent from a year ago and had its lowest-rated opener ever. Though last night’s episode was light years more compelling than any hour last season, another factor may have been the previous cycle disappointing fans.

I was afraid of this. Why oh why are they going heads up?
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 3rd 2011, 9:41 pm

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14851
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 3rd 2011, 10:35 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
annie367 wrote:

I wish it would move back to Thursdays. I hate that it's on Wednesdays.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 4th 2011, 8:11 am

catty wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:
annie367 wrote:

I wish it would move back to Thursdays. I hate that it's on Wednesdays.
cbs shows it on demand on friday(time warner cable) fridays have nothing else on so me and my hubby watch it then....without commercials

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 9th 2011, 3:44 pm

CBS orders two more editions of 'Survivor'

Click Link to read this article

Entertainment Weekly

Quote :
CBS announced today that it has ordered 23rd and 24th editions of Survivor for the 2011-2012 season.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 9th 2011, 3:45 pm

CBS Renews Survivor; Jeff Probst Returning for Two More Seasons E! Online (blog)

Click link to read the article

Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8811
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 14th 2011, 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35511
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 19th 2011, 6:09 am

Rob Cesterino's blog

Good read - sample

Krista described the Zapatera tribe as the Brady Bunch gone camping. I didn't really see how Zapatera was like the Brady Bunch, so I started thinking. On the one hand, they both have a leader named Mike and Julie does bear some resemblance to Ann B. Davis, who played Alice. However, unlike Zapatera, the Brady Bunch never fought over who should get to put together a puzzle.

---

Boston Rob and friends were able to taste victory this week for the second time this season. In my opinion, this victory had a lot in common with the dozen donuts that they won as a reward. While it must have tasted good to win the challenge and avoid tribal council, come merge time this victory might be one that leaves Boston Rob feeling sick.

---
While Natalie and Ashley seem content to take orders from Boston Rob, Andrea seems to have more ambition in this game. Andrea still hasn't forgotten the blindside of Matt and now she has an unlikely new ally in Phillip
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 19th 2011, 7:10 am

Parv blogs too! I totally agree with her about Matt!
I think that would be unbelievable if he beats everyone at Redemption Island and is the one that gets to go back in the game...if he is in the final three I just can't see people not voting for him.

Matt is still king over on Redemption Island. That guy is on a pretty impressive winning streak. First, he beats out Francesca, then he takes out Russell, and now he eliminates Kristina. If I was there and I saw him winning challenge after challenge I’d be impressed and probably throw him my vote at the end. Not only does he keep winning but he has to live out there by himself too, and that’s not easy.

This whole Redemption Island thing…it’s really interesting. In past shows when the two tribes merged that would be the first time you met the other tribe. You wouldn’t know their names or anything about them really. Now that there’s this Redemption Island twist, the spectators from each tribe get to meet each other and talk and have conversations while they watch the two cast-offs battle.

In tonight’s episode Stephanie basically outted Zapatera’s entire strategy to Rob. It definitely throws another interesting twist into the game and adds a whole new level of game play. Merge-play, if you will. They can meet and discuss possible merging strategies before the option even comes out on the table, it’s insane!

Read more here...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-redemption-island-parvati-shallow-168596
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 22nd 2011, 11:17 am

As you're probably already aware, Jeff has his own site this year & posts his blogs there in lieu of EW as in the past...... For anyone interested, here's the link to his site which contains his weekly blogs & videos, etc.....

http://www.jeffprobst.com/

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 23rd 2011, 9:19 pm

Link to Jeff Probst's weekly 'twitter fest' with fans during E.C. show .......

http://twitter.com/JeffProbst?from_source=onebox

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 24th 2011, 12:48 am

http://www.ew.com

'Survivor' recap: Stealth (Mad) Bomber
Phillip (and his animal tattoos) worries his allies aren't being honest with him. Plus: Is Redemption Island twist working?

By Dalton Ross | Published Mar 24, 2011

There is something a bit off about the new Redemption Island twist. I don’t hate it, which is saying a lot considering how much I usually want to gag whenever reality shows cheapen themselves by giving eliminated players a chance to stick around. (The Judges' Save? Are you kidding me?) And it has certainly created drama, like with all the back and forth talk between visiting tribe members. But there's also something missing, something that made Survivor truly great that is now sadly absent. And that something is this: People being blindsided right out of the game. You won't get anything more dramatic than that moment where Tyson inexplicably changes his vote or Parvati pulls out two hidden immunity idols, and Boston Rob and J.T., respectively, are finished right there on the spot. Done! Gone! Over! You screamed at the television set in either joy or agony, but either way, it solicited a major reaction, because you watched people who thought they had it all figured out instead be out of the game—immediately and completely. It was what was so sudden about it that made the whole thing so delicious and irresistible.

The whole point of Redmeption Island is that it gives those people a chance to stay in the game, but as a result, it doesn’t feel like quite as big of a deal when they get voted off. All of a sudden you're saying to yourself, "Oh, hey, well, they're not really out. Look at Matt, he was voted out a month ago and he's still around." And now, when that person actually does get eliminated from the game — with the exception of a teary and then vindictive Russell — it feels like nothing more than an afterthought. Think about it: When Kristina and Krista were finally ousted and had to throw their buffs in the fire, did that register as a dramatic in the least? And then 30 minutes later someone does get voted out, but they’re not really out, dampening the drama on that as well. In essence, Survivor has inadvertently robbed itself of its signature watercooler moment.

Don't get me wrong, even with two subpar episodes in the row, I'm still digging this season (especially coming off the debacle that was Survivor: Nicaragua), and I don’t mind the Redemption Island twist as a season-long experiment. But I hope Jeff Probst, Mark Burnett, and the other producers think long and hard before they make this a more permanent part of the game. It has created some interesting dynamics, but also diluted the impact of the most important moment of all — the vote off, which is no longer a vote off at all. And therein lies the problem.

But as Spinal Tap's Marty DiBergi once said, enough of my yakking. Let's get's get to this week's episode! Things start off at Redemption Island with Matt doing his best invisible man imitation with the buff completely covering his face. Speaking of buffs, we also see a tarantula crawling across one, making it approximately the 8,364th tarantula shot we've been treated to this season. What is this, Kingdom of the Spiders? Is Nicaragua being overrun by the eight-legged critters? I was there on location for both seasons 21 and 22 and didn't see a single one so more likely it is a single tarantula the crew keeps on hand for bitchin' nature shots, then back in the cage it goes! But before the spider can bite Matt and give him all sorts of super-cool powers, it gets repulsed by the flirty giggling going on by his intended victim and fellow blond Krista, so vomits out of disgust on the buff instead and leaves.

NEXT: God takes sides in the Redemption Island duel

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 24th 2011, 12:49 am

CONTINUED

Not much is happening over at Zapatera except a former NFL football player whining about having two meaningless votes cast his way, so let’s head over to Ometepe where things are getting a bit…hairy. But that's nothing a pair of scissors can’t fix! In perhaps the least sexy scene ever involving a pageant contestant and beach volleyball dancer lying down in bikinis, Natalie begins picking out Ashley's underarm hair. Survivor sexy time! They may be working hard on personal grooming, but the rest of the tribe is working hard on actual work. "They're building stuff and we're doing nothing," comments Ashley. "If you can make yourself more comfortable, why not?" Um, because people will resent you and then not give you a million dollars maybe?

At Redemption Island, Matt and Krista are bonding over the Big Fella Upstairs and enjoying Krista's luxury item — a pink bible. Matt is psyched to have "a fellow believer" around. Although that means giving her the final scoop of rice, he still plans to beat her in the big Redemption Island duel. Did someone say duel? In a scandalous twist of epic proportions, Probst invites the witnesses to "come on in," omitting the "guys" from his longtime catchphrase greeting. The duel involves using a grappling hook to retrieve three bags with three balls. Why three balls? I have no idea since they only need one to use on the table maze they must then navigate to victory. Krista takes the early lead, but Matt apparently has the Lord — and a cheering Julie — on his side and he comes back to win his fourth straight duel. Good for Matt. Bad for Matt is the fact that his former island girlfriend Andrea does not take kindly to seeing him talk about the religious connection he made with Krista. "My whole image of Matt changed," says Andrea, who now dubs him as "dangerous." It's unclear if she resents Krista or God for coming between her and her man, but someone's gonna pay for that pink bible, dammit!

Hey, let me ask you something: Have you ever sneezed into your mouth and gotten bacteria into a tooth cavity, thereby setting off a chain reaction of blinding pain? Of course you haven't! That's insane! But that's Sarita's theory for her current facial distress. I should mention here that Sarita was one of my favorite pre-game interviews. She told me all about getting discovered while "taking margaritas to the face" and how she named her cold sore "Mark Burnett" after it started developing right as she was being interviewed by the executive producer. She was self-deprecating and a lot of fun. But she doesn't seem to be having much fun right now. Here comes Julie referring to her as a "drama queen princess." Here comes David telling Stephanie to find a way to unseat Sarita in the group. And here comes Ralph saying something that for the life of me I cannot understand nor translate. (He may have been reciting the lyrics to "Cotton-Eyed Joe" for all I know.)

NEXT: Grant goes shirtless

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 24th 2011, 12:51 am

CONTINUED

Over at Ometepe, Phillip says there's a storm coming, and lord is that an understatement. Upset at Ashley and Natalie for primping while he and the others stockpile wood for the fire, he lights into the beauty queens. Ashley then yells at Phillip for yelling at them, leading him to declare tomorrow a "fire free day" and insist that "You're gonna see a new attitude around here." You mean one that involves sanity? Booooooo! That's no fun. However, Phillip quickly proves that sanity will not be in the cards as he then threatens to follow Ashley down to beach for additional scolding. Leave it to Boston Rob — who has "to play Arafat in the peace process to bring the tribe back together" — to see the big picture. He loves the women not working hard and annoying everyone because then no one will vote to give them the million dollars. Rob is playing the game so much better than anyone else on his tribe, it's not even funny. Except when it involves Phillip, in which case it is, of course, hilarious.

It's time for the Immunity/Reward Challenge and look who's back? It's our good friend "Come on in, guys!" Hey, we missed you, buddy. Probst welcomes everyone and then tries his best to insinuate that there is some competitive hatred that we haven't really seen between the two teams. He asks Phillip whether he's using the gorilla or the lion in today's challenge, to which Phillip replies "both." You know what that means — GORILION!!! The most fearsome mutated beast this side of Sharktopus! He has returned to decimate the opposition without mercy while wearing a cute Uncle Sam stars and stripes top hat just to let everyone know, YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE U S OF A, MISTER! THESE COLORS DON'T RUN!

You know who else doesn't run? Mike the marine! He gets absolutely smoked by Grant in a competition that sees players trying to catch balls in nets that have been launched by fellow tribe members. Not even Mike acting like a crazed teenage girl ripping off Justin Bieber's shirt can stop Grant from catching four of Ometepe's five balls for an absurdly lopsided 5-0 victory. Of course, as a former NFL wide receiver Grant used to catch balls for a living, so he certainly had an advantage. (Still think it was a good idea to throw that challenge back in week three, Zapatera?)

In addition to avoiding Tribal Council, Ometepe also wins a feast by a huge statue of Jesus — the second largest Jesus statue in the world, in case you were wondering, and I'm betting Matt and Krista were — overlooking San Juan del Sur (and incidentally, base camp for the Survivor production team). It is here that we're forced to endure yet another scene of someone finding a hidden clue among the reward items. I've already wasted enough breath the past few weeks on how lame this is, so I won't belabor the point. Rob and Grant again find it, and then get busted by Phillip while reading it. Phillip is concerned as to why the two are acting so stealthy around him. Perhaps it's because you're in an alliance called Stealth. Or Stealth R Us. Or Stealth R Oz. Honestly, I can't understand what the damn alliance is called. Who named this alliance — Ralph? Which, I suppose — when you think about it — makes it even more stealthy. Well played, Phillip!

NEXT: Visions of Christie Brinkley spring to mind

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 24th 2011, 12:55 am

CONTINUED

"Hell will hath no fury like a lion or a gorilla when he thinks it has been provoked," explains Phillip, which is immediately followed by the sound of a lion roar…much in the same way editors added in eagle squawking noises for Coach in Tocantins for comedic effect. Then, Phillip seems to get a bit confused and pulls out a Cold War speech from 1984. "I served my country for 4 years, 11 months, and 13 days. Duty, honor and country: those words mean something to me. And when you try to trash that — me and the United States got something for you when you try that one, baby." At this point, I half expect Rocky (fresh off his ass-kicking of Ivan Drago), 1980 U.S. Miracle on Ice hockey goalie Jim Craig, and the entire cast of Red Dawn to march in waving American flags and chanting "U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!" Which is all well and fine, but what the hell does it have to do with Rob not sharing a clue? Has he all of a sudden morphed into some sort of commie bastard? Confusing times, these are.

Here comes Zapatera into Tribal Council. The tribe looks weary and divided as they walk in and…. What? Are you kidding me? Another tarantula shot? What is this, the freakin' Forbidden Forest? Is Aragog gonna saunter in and split Probst in two if he doesn’t take kindly to a particular line of questioning? Enough with the spiders! The big question on everyone's mind is whether David and Stephanie's lobbying to keep her over Sarita will have paid off. Stephanie claims that Sarita was "shaking in her boots when she found out we were going to do a contact sport," and then keeps hammering away at her, indicating by how hard she is fighting to stay that she is in fact, next to go. Then, Steve even chimes in, inadvertently getting a really annoying Billy Joel song stuck in my head by commenting that Sarita is "a bit of an uptown girl that I don’t think has gotten her footing out her in the wilderness yet." (What's Christie Brinkley doing dancing around at a gas station anyway? She could slip on some oil or break a heel for crissakes!)

For his part, David keeps arguing that keeping someone that can help you win challenges is more important than keeping someone you can trust not to flip sides. I'm not so sure. David is absolutely right that going into the merge with a numbers advantage is key, but seasons like Tocantins and Samoa have proven that a united minority can easily topple a divided majority. And if David could hear they way that Stephanie has been openly courting the other tribe, he might think twice about his stance. In the end, it doesn't matter, as Stephanie — or "Stifinie", as a vote that I have to assume was from Ralph spells it — is ousted. On her way out while casting her vote for Sarita, she promises that, "I'll see you on Redemption Island and I'll kick your ass then." She'll need to get past the dude with the pink bible first.

And we have some goodies for you to get past as well. An exclusive deleted scene from last night's episode awaits you in the video player below, along with my pre-game interview with Krista. Jeff Probst weighs in on David's strength versus trustworthiness argument and answers other questions in his weekly EW.com assessment, and for more Survivor news and views you can follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss. But first, let us know what you think? Sick of spiders? Has the Redemption Island twist made Survivor's most dramatic moment less dramatic? And should Zapatera have gotten rid of Stephanie or Sarita? Hit the message boards and let us know. See ya next week!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 24th 2011, 1:07 am

http://www.jeffprobst.com/

Survivor: Redemption Island Episode 6 3/23/11
by jeff.probst on March 24, 2011

PREVIOUSLY ON

The “Previously On” is always edited by Eric Gardner and it’s interesting to me how much they have evolved over the many years. I sometimes battle with him over these becoming too soap operaish, but I am so happy with his great storytelling. These two minute stories always remind the audience of everything they need to know before the start of a new episode. It truly is an art in and of itself.

REDEMPTION ISLAND

RI is starting to feel like Matt’s house. He now has a big home court advantage because he is so comfortable on the island and at the Arena. It’s like a sports team that has been to the finals taking on a team that has not been to the finals. The experience is often the difference.

RELIGION ON REDEMPTION

The religious aspect of Redemption Island is not something we ever anticipated when we called it Redemption Island. Having a religious and very likable person like Matt last this long in the first season of RI was a fascinating development. It brings an entirely new texture to the island and one that has a lot of people in the church community talking.

BIBLE

The Bible was Krista’s choice for her luxury item. We gave them their luxury items when they arrived at Redemption Island because we knew they would be lonely and might need a pick me up. We did not plan it or decide on it because we thought it would give us extra story from Krista and Matt. It was already laid out.

I respect people who have faith in whatever brings them comfort and security.

When Krista gave her bible to Matt I was moved. It had nothing to do with my thoughts about the Bible. It was the human kindness shown in a game that rarely sees the good side of people. Despite losing and being out of the game for good, Krista still had the presence of heart to think about helping out Matt.

ANDREA GETS JEALOUS?

Man this game is tough. Matt is alone on Redemption, battling as hard as he can to stay alive. A competitor gives him a Bible on her way out and as a result, his one ally in the game, gets jealous and turns on him. WTF? Were they going steady? Did I miss the engagement? It was a Bible, not a love note. Man. Survivor is a tough game.

IN DEFENSE OF THE SPA DAY

Spa days and other seemingly mindless, wastes of time that seem to consume the girls days of late…aren’t as outrageous as they seem. The contestants do have a lot of free time on their hands. On days when there is not a challenge or tribal and their shelter is built they really have very little to do. However reasonable it may be, it doesn’t change the perception of others when they see you lying around.

PHILLIP WANTS TO BE APPRECIATED

Ah yeah, baby. The ego of the lion and the gorilla is coming out and I like it. Phillip’s explosion was not about the girls not helping with the fire. His frustration came from not being appreciated. That’s all he wants, is a little credit.

One of the lessons I’ve learned from Survivor goes like this:

If you have a goal, and your success in achieving this goal requires the support of other people, then you have to remove your ego from the equation.

In other words, when you’re playing a zero sum game, ie a game in which there is only one winner – and the losers of the game are the one who will decide who wins – leave your ego at home.

Otherwise your chances for success plummet.

I’m not saying it’s easy. Not saying I can do it myself. But from a back seat point of view it’s quite clear.

Phillip wants credit. Nobody is giving it to him. The more he complains the more annoying he will become… because Phillip – nobody cares.

Stoke the fire and stay out of the way. You’ll last longer.

THE GODFATHER INTERVENES

Once again the wisest person on the tribe is Rob. I know you hate me talking about Rob, but the proof is in his actions regarding Phillips and the fire tending duties.

Four of them to be exact:

1. During the argument he was the only one still focused on the big picture. His biggest overall goal was to keep the tribe strong.

2. Simultaneously, he understands how beneficial the fight between Phillip and the girls can be to his game. The more they fight, the more likely he is to stay in control and the more they hate each other the better for him if he makes it to the end against any of them.

3. Rob then talked to Phillip to ensure that Phillip doesn’t do too much damage to the tribe dynamics while also letting Phillip know that he understands him.

4. After Phillip walked away, Rob then mocked him which in turn endeared Rob even more to the angry girls.

Mission complete. It was deft handling of a very delicate social situation.

THE DUEL

Krista was no joke. Growing up on a farm she knew her way around the rope. Three tosses, three connects. It was amazing. I really thought Matt was going to lose. Krista gave Matt his biggest challenge so far.

PRE-CHALLENGE

One of my favorite exchanges of the season thus far was between Phillip and Steve when discussing the Gorilla and Lion tattoos. I really appreciate Phillips simultaneous earnestness and sense of humor. Is that even a proper sentence? What I mean is that he really believes everything he says and yet he has enough awareness to know that I’m poking fun at him for those same things he takes so seriously. Hmm, was that sentence any better than the first one?

Philip gets it. How bout that? He gets me anyway. Moving on.

THE CHALLENGE

We’ve done this challenge many times over the years and it never fails to deliver.

This challenge is both physical and frustrating. Ralph for one was clearly irritated that he wasn’t getting enough action. But the star of the challenge was Grant. Stud. Dude is the real deal. Mike did his best to defend but there was no stopping him, not even by ripping off his shirt. If Grant is allowed to stay till the end he could be a millionaire come mid-May.

HIDDEN IDOL CLUE

I’m a broken record but Rob played this moment very well. So far this season he has done a good job of assessing, adapting and then executing very well. Letting Grant find the clue to the hidden idol was a great call as it further solidified Grant’s trust in Rob.

Getting caught with the note however, was a rookie mistake:

Phillip: Whatcha got there boys? I saw it.

Phillip: What’s it say?

Rob: Back at camp?

Phillip: What?

Rob: Back at Camp.

Phillip: (interview) I have been in an alliance with Rob, Grant and myself. In fact, I call ourselves Stealth Are Us. I’m… the specialist… Rob is the mentalist…and Grant… is the assassin.

Phillip: Remember boys. Stealth.

Phillip: (interview) And yet today when Rob and Grant found the clue for an idol they tried to hide it. Well,

Hell hath no fury like a… lion and a gorilla when he thinks he has been provoked.

Music transition. Patriotic. Strong. Preparing for battle.

Phillip: (interview) If you’re gonna make an alliance with me you better adhere to it because I am all about integrity. I served my country for four years, eleven months and thirteen days for duty, honor, country. That means something to me.

When you try to trash on that… me and the United States got something for you when you try that little baby…

I could dwell in the place of negativity right now based on what I just saw, but I’m not gonna do that.

I’m gonna smile and when the time comes…. I’m gonna kick a little ass around here.

Let it breathe. Gonna just let that little piece of poetry sit there. No comment needed.

But I can’t resist. F*&king genius. Phillip please grab Coach and come back and play again as soon as possible.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

I think a lot of you are glad to see Stephanie out of the game. I’m not sure what it is about me that likes the spunky, lippy folks but I am bummed she is gone. She’s definitely a competitor and she’s a great interview.

I’ve said it before but I think Zapatera’s biggest problem is they are playing a “too cool for school” game and it’s biting them in the ass.

It’s the Russell factor. They are so happy to “defeat” Russell and his two “girls” – Krista and Stephanie – that they’re in danger of losing the big picture.

David realized that tonight. I agree with David. I would have voted out Sarita. Nothing personal, Sarita, but I think Stephanie wanted it more and the tribe could have used her spunk.

Okay I know I’ve been ignoring everybody else in the game… so here we go.

DAVID – If memory serves I think David scored the highest on our IQ test during casting. He is a smart dude. We fought to get him on and I’m glad we did. He’s giving us great story and he’s a legit threat to win the game if he can get his alliance figured out.

STEVE – I like him. He’s laid back and probably a pretty nice guy in his normal life. He would drive me a bit crazy as a member of my alliance because he is so laid back! I want the guy who played in the NFL for 13 years. Maybe he’s saving that for the individual portion of the show.

SARITA – I think she’s too soft right now. I liked her in casting but I think the game is overwhelming her right now. She needs to get over the toothache and find that inner strength otherwise she is going to be seen as a pain-in-the-ass.

MIKE – How can you not like Mike? He’s strong, seems pretty bright. A major threat to win this game. If both are still in the game when they merge – he could prove a worthy adversary for Boston Rob.

MATT – The undisputed underdog. If he can win long enough to get back in the game, people better watch out. I have a feeling that even his faith will not be able to contain his desire to get even.

NATALIE – I’ve said it before I am so impressed. She is 18 years old. Think about the 18 year olds you know. How many of them could handle themselves this well in this cut-throat environment. Natalie is a long shot to win but IF she can get to the end the jury may feel like I do that based on age alone she has earned the money.

JULIE – Julie confuses me. I like her and I think she’s a fairly good player but I haven’t seen any moves yet that make me think she could make it deep. She’s a mom which helps in dealing with people and she’s very reasonable and that could take her a long way into the game. But a big move will be necessary.

RALPH – I love Ralph because he’s so fun to listen to and so fun to watch. He so very smart in his own way but his liability is that Ralph hasn’t found himself in this kind of social situation and it shows. If Ralph can figure out how to deal with the others in his alliance he could last.

ANDREA – She’s a bit wishy-washy regarding Matt but she is definitely a fighter and a player. She will not lie down for anybody. I like her but her problem right now is her status within the alliance.

ASHLEY – Dark horse to win the game. She’s very good in the challenges and come the individual portion of the game she will be a threat. She also has friends in the girls and will probably make more friends if she makes the merge. If I was Rob I’d be most worried about her in the end game.

GRANT – Grant is a bit ill equipped socially because he is so trusting. At this point he believes in Rob 100%. So long as that lasts, these two could go deep. But if that trust is ever broken, my hunch is that Grant will turn on Rob and vote him out.

NEXT TIME ON.. Survivor.

One of the greatest challenges of the season… and one of the funniest moments in our history.

TWO LAST THINGS:

1. If you haven’t been tweeting LIVE with me during the episodes, you’re missing out. Get yourself a Twitter account and start following me @JeffProbst. I tweet during the east coast and west coast feeds of each episode. We’re creating a “virtual living room” and it’s pretty amazing.

2. If you were diggin on Phillip this week, check out Grant’s un-aired interview about Phillip’s explosion and Natalie’s interview about Phillip being bi-polar in this week’s Secret Scenes.”

URL to link “Secret Scenes”: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?vs=Secret%20Scenes

PostSubject: Re: Media   March 24th 2011, 3:23 am

Last edited by HAPPY4LIFE on March 24th 2011, 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE