Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:32 am

I LOVED the show!! All the singers were so talented. It's nice to see Christina in a different light. She's had a rough go of things the last few months. I can't wait until next week!!
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:33 am

I missed it last night but everyone here at work is talking about it. I wonder if it's on On Demand or if I can download it off itunes?
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:36 am

They are showing an encore presentation tonight, speedy.
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:36 am

speedy0103 wrote:
I missed it last night but everyone here at work is talking about it. I wonder if it's on On Demand or if I can download it off itunes?

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/video/blind-auditions-round-1/1322715/
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:39 am

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:46 am

ebowers wrote:

I LOVED the show!! All the singers were so talented. It's nice to see Christina in a different light. She's had a rough go of things the last few months. I can't wait until next week!!

I love the show too and I love Christina!...I think I am going to love this show just as much as I love American Idol!

I would like a new host though because I totally agree that Carson Daly is a tool...I can't believe Jennifer Love Hewitt actually went out with him. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:50 am

I love Carson Daly, I loved him on TRL on MTV......

Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 2:27 pm

Quote :
The Voice premiered strongly Tuesday night. Airing against stiff competition (including a two-hour Dancing with the Stars and a special 90-minute episode of Glee), The Voice was the No. 1 show of the night in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

The show pulled a 5.1 rating/13 share in the demo and 11.8 million viewers. NBC says that it was the top-rated series premiere on a major network since Undercover Boss debuted following the Super Bowl on Feb. 7, 2010.

Head to head, The Voice beat Glee (4.6 versus 3.4 from 9-9:30) and Dancing with the Stars (4.9 versus 3.5 from 9-10). It improved the time period versus NBC's season average by 89%.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 3:22 pm

wow so it did really well. I liked it so I'm glad. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 3:45 pm

I DVR'd it in case you all liked it. I will watch!!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 3:47 pm

Lori wrote:
I DVR'd it in case you all liked it. I will watch!!

You are going to love it, Lori!
Back to top Go down
aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 813

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 3:50 pm

I loved it too! The singers were all so good. Javier, the guy that sang "Time After Time" , loved him!!!!! So far I think Adam has the best team. I can't wait for next week.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 5:56 pm

Janelle's#1Fan wrote:
Quote :
The Voice premiered strongly Tuesday night. Airing against stiff competition (including a two-hour Dancing with the Stars and a special 90-minute episode of Glee), The Voice was the No. 1 show of the night in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

The show pulled a 5.1 rating/13 share in the demo and 11.8 million viewers. NBC says that it was the top-rated series premiere on a major network since Undercover Boss debuted following the Super Bowl on Feb. 7, 2010.

Head to head, The Voice beat Glee (4.6 versus 3.4 from 9-9:30) and Dancing with the Stars (4.9 versus 3.5 from 9-10). It improved the time period versus NBC's season average by 89%.

I like all three shows, but was happy to see The Voice have very strong numbers last night. That is a positive sign. I am anxious to see how the repeats do against a new American Idol tonight.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 6:28 pm

I really enjoyed it.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 955
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 6:39 pm

I really liked this show. There is something great about a contestant turning down Christina Aguilera for Cee Lo.

I also want one of those spinning chairs.
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 7:01 pm

I had no faith in this show so I didn't DVR it but now everyone is all "The Voice this" and "The Voice that" and I don't want to be left behind...gah, peer pressure.

Also, I could not be peer pressured into Glee and there is a decidedly large hole in my Tuesday night viewing schedule.

But I am still afeared that Xtina may try to eat me, or Carson Daly's head will finally turn into a balloon and float away (seriously, he's manorexic. Give the man a sandwich. Christina, give him yours.)

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 7:05 pm

anymore I will take this show over glee...still don't know why but glee is bothering me
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3138
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 8:13 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
I had no faith in this show so I didn't DVR it but now everyone is all "The Voice this" and "The Voice that" and I don't want to be left behind...gah, peer pressure.

Also, I could not be peer pressured into Glee and there is a decidedly large hole in my Tuesday night viewing schedule.

But I am still afeared that Xtina may try to eat me, or Carson Daly's head will finally turn into a balloon and float away (seriously, he's manorexic. Give the man a sandwich. Christina, give him yours.)

I have not given into the Glee peer pressure either. May I suggest Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 8:28 pm

JwHo wrote:
I really liked this show. There is something great about a contestant turning down Christina Aguilera for Cee Lo.

I also want one of those spinning chairs.

Never thought I would like this show but I did. Loved watching the family members watch from behind the scenes to see if anyone pushed the button. Very interesting to watch the contestants get to choose which "star" to go with leaving the others in the dust. Interesting concept.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 9:07 pm

Really enjoying this show so far!! Glad it was on again tonight!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 9:21 pm

bergen wrote:
anymore I will take this show over glee...still don't know why but glee is bothering me

Glee is bugging me too, but next week, I may change my mind.

The voice is better than I thought. I missed it last night, but it is good so far..
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:23 pm

PhilipAlanPhoto wrote:
I like the show, but Carson Daily is such a tool. Smile

you can say that again!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 27th 2011, 11:34 pm

I watched tonight and liked what I saw. I like the idea that someone who has been playing/singing/performing (paying the dues) is getting a shot at big time based on talent (voice) first, not just "you look good.....".

I am intrigued to see where this show is headed....I know at the end it comes down to audience voting, but if I understood correctly, its all about challenges within the teams themselves until the end. FUN STUFF!

No real favs yet, they all had some merits, though I was turned off by Frenchie. She just bugs me....not enough of a voice to really impress me. I kinda liked that shy girl, she had something...

BTW: Christina is my gurrrrlllll SO I am team Christina at this point (though I hope she gets a few more less....hmmm.....polarizing types)

Adding in about Glee: I can not stand Glee, its a fantasy, playing to imaginary audience. In the real world, schools can not even afford books, let alone a glee club with huge production numbers. My 6 yr old niece doesn't even have music class....its pitiful!

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 1:09 am

Washed Up wrote:
PhilipAlanPhoto wrote:

you can say that again!

This reminds me of those old Saturday Night Live skits when someone (maybe Jimmy Fallon?) played Carson and he would start every sketch by saying, "Hi, I'm Carson Daly and I'm a massive tool!" Haha.

I wasn't planning on watching this show but I caught the last hour or so and I really liked it. I am excited to watch next week because a guy whose band used to play at my college will be on. Those of you from the Twin Cities, anyone remember Tim Mahoney & the Meenies? It's him... he's the guy from the promos who Adam "thought was a chick."

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 2:10 am

jengalives wrote:
This reminds me of those old Saturday Night Live skits when someone (maybe Jimmy Fallon?) played Carson and he would start every sketch by saying, "Hi, I'm Carson Daly and I'm a massive tool!" Haha.

I wasn't planning on watching this show but I caught the last hour or so and I really liked it. I am excited to watch next week because a guy whose band used to play at my college will be on. Those of you from the Twin Cities, anyone remember Tim Mahoney & the Meenies? It's him... he's the guy from the promos who Adam "thought was a chick."

oomg! Jenga, I knew I recognized that voice! Nice to see a local guy, who definately has paid his dues (Bryant Bowl!!!) get a shot at big time. Heck, Mpls has such a great live music talent pool, I bet almost any local in a blind test would do really great.

Good catch Jenga Smile

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 6:11 am

I'm gonna have to be on Team Blake right now just cause I love him!! LOL

Number of posts : 16463
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 8:41 am

Washed Up wrote:
PhilipAlanPhoto wrote:

you can say that again!
Wasn't there some kind of "scandal" involving Carson Daly, Christina Aguilera and Fred Durst? I think Eminem mentioned them in one of his songs. (I don't care enough to look it up so I might be way off base here.)
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 9:44 am

I am trying not to express my disappointment that so many of you don't share my love of Glee. Perhaps because I was in a club like Glee in High School (it was called Sha Bop Shop) and my kids are both into musical theater? My son doesn't watch TV so he isn't interested in Glee, but this is a show Anabel and I love watching together. We aren't a sports family, so are all indifferent to sports.... if it was a sports show I wouldn't like it. OK, enough naval gazing... I have so much to do!

I tried watching The Voice, but couldn't get into it, I was very distracted. I need to give it another chance. Glad to hear all the good comments about it. It must be good if so many of you enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 9:51 am

I still love Glee although there are times I want to shake the writers.

I tried watching The Voice. I was too distracted by the judges exchanging looks, almost as though they needed confirmation that they were hearing someone good... although it could have been part of the 'game play' ... who would win the talent for their team.

I'm not giving up yet. Going to give it another try. Maybe I should sit with my back to the TV lol
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 9:53 am

moody give it another try and just stare at blake, i swear you will love it.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 10:08 am

bergen wrote:

One problem is that I don't understand it. The judges turn around at the end and see the person.. so now how they look will influence moving towards winning, wont it? I will stare at Blake. I was too preoccupied with freaking out that they got to turn around and see them!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 10:11 am

Moody wrote:
bergen wrote:

One problem is that I don't understand it. The judges turn around at the end and see the person.. so now how they look will influence moving towards winning, wont it? I will stare at Blake. I was too preoccupied with freaking out that they got to turn around and see them!

The judges sit with their backs to the contestants. If they like what they hear, they turn their chair around. When the song is finished, all judges turn around but only those who turned around DURING the song have a chance to have the person on their 'team'... the final decision is up to the contestant...he or she choose who they want to mentor them.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 10:13 am

My understanding is that if the judges press the button and turn around while the contestant is still singing, they are putting their hat in the ring to be the one the contestant chooses to have as a mentor. The power then goes to the singer. (If more than one judge turns around.)
This is not a judgment of any kind but was Frenchie that large when she was on American Idol? I don't remember her much except that she was removed from Idol for being on some adult site. Is that an accurate recollection?
("Great" minds Mappy. Lol)
Back to top Go down
aTmMom
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 813

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 10:14 am

Moody wrote:
bergen wrote:

Blake certainly is one gorgeous man. He also is one fine singer, saw him in concert of few months ago and he was so good!
Back to top Go down
luckychic

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 11:00 am

Blake Shelton's awesome!

I enjoyed when the judges would look at one another and I liked seeing their facial expressions during the contestant's performances.
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 12:33 pm

Washed Up wrote:
PhilipAlanPhoto wrote:
I like the show, but Carson Daly is such a tool. Smile

you can say that again!

I like the show, but Carson Daly is such a tool.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 1:24 pm

Moody wrote:
I am trying not to express my disappointment that so many of you don't share my love of Glee. Perhaps because I was in a club like Glee in High School (it was called Sha Bop Shop) and my kids are both into musical theater? My son doesn't watch TV so he isn't interested in Glee, but this is a show Anabel and I love watching together. We aren't a sports family, so are all indifferent to sports.... if it was a sports show I wouldn't like it. OK, enough naval gazing... I have so much to do!

I tried watching The Voice, but couldn't get into it, I was very distracted. I need to give it another chance. Glad to hear all the good comments about it. It must be good if so many of you enjoyed it.

Moody I LOVE GLEE, I came to the Glee train a little late but I am totally up to date on the show now...watched season 1 on netflix in 4 days and then rented season 2 volume 1 a few weeks ago and watched in 1 night. Yes I am lame!!! I really enjoy it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Blake....I would love to see him in concert. We'll see if we do that, he'll be at a county fair this summer!

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 28th 2011, 11:39 pm

About The Show:

Quote :
"The Voice" is a vocal competition series modeled after Holland's top-rated vocal talent discovery show, "The Voice of Holland." Hosted by Carson Daly, the show features four musician coaches: Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, who will coach only the most talented vocalists.

The show's innovative format features three stages of competition: the first begins with the blind audition, then the competition enters into a battle phase, and finally, the live performance. The show's casting team is working with the music industry and searching the country for the best singers to bring to the blind audition process. During the blind auditions, the decisions from the coaches are based solely on voice and not on looks. The coaches hear the contestants perform, but they don't get to see them - thanks to rotating chairs. If a coach is impressed by a contestant's voice, he/she pushes a button to select the contestant. At this point, the coach's chair will swivel to face the contestant selected. If more than one coach selects the talent, the power shifts to the contestant, who may choose which coach they want to work with throughout the competition.

Once the teams are set, the battle is on. Coaches will dedicate themselves to developing their singers, giving them advice, and sharing the secrets of their success. During the battle rounds the coaches will pit two of their own team members against each other to sing the same song together in front of a studio audience. After the vocal face-off, the coach must choose which singers will advance.

At the end of the battle episodes, only the strongest members of each coach's roster remain and proceed to the live stage shows. In this final performance phase of the competition, the top contestants from each team will compete against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save one contestant on each team, leaving the coach to decide live who they want to save and who will not move on. At last, each coach will have his/her best contestant left standing to compete in the finale. From these four, one will be named "The Voice" - and will receive the grand prize of a recording contract and $100,000.

"The Voice" is a presentation of Talpa Productions, Mark Burnett and Warner Horizon Television. The series is created by John De Mol, who will executive produce along with Burnett and Audrey Morrissey.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Voice   April 30th 2011, 12:29 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Voice