Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 10th 2010, 10:01 am

Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 10th 2010, 10:07 am

Appears like it. A lot is lost in translation, lol.

WTH didn't he just do the American version of the Bachelor? That would have been so enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 10th 2010, 3:24 pm

Quote :
WTH didn't he just do the American version of the Bachelor? That would have been so enjoyable.

I know he already has the fan base from DWTS here in America. It would have been better then Brad. Even though I am looking forward to the season.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 10th 2010, 4:38 pm

Poor choice by Maks, imo.
Interesting too, considering Maks ripped on Jake during his DWTS season and was pretty vocal about how stupid he thought the premise of these Bachelor-type dating shows are. He must be getting paid a LOT.

Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 2:44 pm

'Dancing' hottie Maks to star in Ukraine's 'The Bachelor'

"Dancing" pro Maks Chmerkovskiy may be the hottest "Bachelor" ever!
Anna Chan writes:Want a shot at dating "Dancing With the Stars" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy? I'd say get yourself to Ukraine ASAP, except it may already be a little too late.
"I AM doing doing the Ukrainian version of our 'Bachelor,' " the apparently single dancer wrote on his website. (Guess that recent rumor about him dating fellow "Dancing" pro Cheryl Burke was false.)
"There has never been a show such as this in Ukraine and it makes me think that a first season would be the most 'real' as far as participant's perception of 'what its all about' is concerned," Maks explained on his site. "I'm going into this with a thought of 'why not?'. I know it’s hard to find someone you can connect to on a project like this, but nothing is impossible. For the sake of the show I can't reveal anything, but I must say I am very pleasantly surprised so far."
He tweeted a photo of a lovely, snow-covered cottage Sunday and noted that he had been there for the last few weeks. Perhaps already filming "The Bachelor"? "Having an amazing time and finding out a lot about myself in the process," he wrote.
Good luck, Maks! Hope you find the lucky lady (even if it's not me)! Just make sure you come back to "Dancing" next season, or you'll be breaking a lot of hearts in America.

http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2010/12/16/5661158-dancing-hottie-maks-to-star-in-ukraines-the-bachelor
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 2:47 pm

mmmmm damn it would have been nice to see here in the US!

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 6:25 pm

lovin wrote:
mmmmm damn it would have been nice to see here in the US!

I agree! I wonder if we will be able to watch somewhere online?
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 6:26 pm

It won't do any good to watch it online unless you understand Russian!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 6:30 pm

Lori wrote:

There are many kinds of communication that overcome language barriers demon banana
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 6:51 pm

LOL you dirty dirty women!! I still would like dialog I can understand!
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 16th 2010, 7:03 pm

Lori wrote:

If you really really want to, I can translate.

mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 17th 2010, 12:44 am

guess I am member of dirty dirty women, lol. What Maks said was never in top 5 reasons I loved to watch him.
top 5? lol, or even top 10 now that I think about it.

scared
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 17th 2010, 2:09 pm

I will spend some time this weekend translating these articles to non-Goggle English.

currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 18th 2010, 4:32 pm

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Become The Lead STB “The Bachelor”
November 10, 4:25 pm

Odessa-born and popular American dancer, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, will be the leading character of STB channel reality show “The Bachelor”. The channel, so far, is not naming the leading participant of the romantic reality show which will appear on the screen in 2011. However, the description of the leading character given by general director of the channel Vladimir Borodyanskiy during the presentation to the advertising opportunities group StarLightMedia particularly fits Chmerkovskiy.

“Our leading character for “The Bachelor” will be the person who was born in Odessa, moved to USA ten years ago, and achieved massive success there
” – answered Mr. Borodyanskiy.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy fits all the criteria. In addition, according to magazine “OK”, he is the “silver” beautiful man of the planet. (ed. Perhaps meant as “silver medalist”)

TV channel STB started preparation for filming and selection of contestants for the new romantic reality show “The Bachelor” – Ukranian version of popular American project “The Bachelor”. Ukrainian TV channel STB acquired the rights for creation of the project from Warner Bros. International Television company.

The project is scheduled to start airing by STB in the first half of 2011.

According to the script of the show, gallant, attractive and materially-secure man (Bachelor) is seeking a woman of his dreams. During the show, he will get to know 25 girls, out of whom he must gradually – through a series of romantic dates, introduction to parents, visits to home towns of candidates – select only one. During the final episode The Bachelor will propose to her.

Source “MediaBusiness”

Most Desirable Bachelor of the Country Arrived
November 29, 3:41 pm

On Saturday, November 27th, the long-awaited event for all un-married girls of Ukraine finally occurred – Maksim Chmerkovskiy, leading man of STB channel show “The Bachelor”, landed in Borispol.

Katya, senior script writer for the show, met Maksim at the airport with a pink sign “Prince Charming” following his arrival on the morning flight from New York. She was the first Ukranian woman who was fortunate to spend a day with him. From the airport, Bachelor #1 was delivered to hotel Russia. We heard that Maksim did not make any special requests – probably in anticipations of his main trophy.

The show will start production on November 30th, and he will have to choose one of 25 brides, 10 of whom will be eliminated on the first day.

Source “MediaBusiness”

Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 18th 2010, 7:36 pm

currentresident wrote:
I will spend some time this weekend translating these articles to non-Goggle English.

Thank you so much Current.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 18th 2010, 7:46 pm

Thank you Current!
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 18th 2010, 7:53 pm

Ivan Gorodetsky Will Be the Host of the Show
December 6th, 6:43 pm

The host of STB TV channel’s reality show “The Bachelor” – Ukrainian version of the popular American project “The Bachelor” – will be actor Ivan Gorodetsky. During the show a gallant, attractive and financially well-to-do man (The Bachelor) will select one girl of his dreams from 25 female candidates through a series of romantic dates, meetings with parents and visits to home towns of candidates. On the final episode, he will propose to her.

According to Yelena Viktorova, director of the project “The Bachelor”, casting for the role of the host took several month: “We had a lot of criteria during the search: first, it was very important to discover a new face and somebody who was already married – after all, this person will be the most important adviser for the Bachelor during the show. In addition, we were searching for an attractive young man who, at the same time, will not be a divert attention or serve as a visual competition for the main character (the Bachelor). Our choice is a welcoming host of the show, good-natured and a close friend of the lead”.

It’s notable that Ivan Gorodetsky previously performed in theater, movies and TV series, but this will be his first experience with a large TV project in a role of a host. “I am interested in participating in this type of a show as a host – I believe in love at first sight, my relationship with my future wife began in this fashion, and we have been together for over 6 years”, adds Ivan Gorodetsky.

The program “The Bachelor” is scheduled to air in the spring of 2011. To remind you, the leading character of Ukrainian “The Bachelor” is a 30-year old Maksim Chmerkovskyi, dancer, choreographer and dance teacher. At the age of 14, he emigrated with his family from Ukraine (Odessa) to the USA. Now he owns three dance studios in New York, and became famous in USA due to the long-term participation (9 seasons) in American “Dancing with the Stars”. A year ago, magazine People listed Chmerkovskyi in the TOP-5 most desirable bachelors in the world.

Ukraine became the first country in SNG-space to purchase production format of “The Bachelor”. Ukrainian TV Channel STB acquired the production rights for the project from the company Warner Bros. International Television. This is one of the most enduring shows on American television (broadcast by ABC channel) – currently 14 seasons have been completed. The production format of the show has been sold to nine countries: France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Norway, Island, Israel and Ukraine. Median viewing audience for one of the season 14 shows in USA was 10.3 million viewers.

Biographical Note:

Ivan Gorodetsky was born in Ivano-Frankovsk on March 6th, 1978 to the family of actors. He graduated from Kharkov State Kotlyarevsky University of Arts with a degree in dramatic theater and cinema acting, Lysenko, EB master program.

His acting credits include Kharkov Youth Theater, T. Shevchenko Memorial State Academic Ukrainian Drama Theatre, Kiev Academic Theatre of Drama and Comedy on Left Bank.

Movie and TV series acting credits. Married.

Maksim Chmerkovskyi Speaks About His Ideal Woman
December 6th, 7:00 pm

Production of the STB channel project “The Bachelor” started in Kiev in the last few days. This is a Ukrainian version of the popular American reality show “The Bachelor”. According to the rules of the show, 25 charming girl will pursue the affection of one man – he is required to be very attractive and successful. It did not take too long to find him: former resident of Odessa, now a famous American dancer, Maksim Chmerkovskyi decided to that the risk. Maksim assures us that his intentions are very serious.

“I can’t approach a girl first – too shy”

Despite his popularity in America, Chmerkovskyi, who is a tall brunette with brown eyes, is very shy. And although American magazines regularly include our former countryman in the lists of most desirable bachelors, Maksim does not consider him-self a star. (ed. The following appears to be a dialog between Maks and a reporter)

- I am simply doing my thing: dancing, participate in the show, doing business. In America, if you appear on TV, you become instantly known. On one hand, you can do something good, as people listen to your opinion; on the other hand – it’s difficult to go out with friends and family. In the past I would love to walk around a shopping mall, buy some presents for my family, but now it’s difficult – people go insane. And the funniest thing, at first nobody recognizes you. But once a single person notices you – everybody does: people around start getting out their cameras, snapping pictures, even if they don’t know exactly who you are.

- Time to hire some security, may be…

- Wow, no way! It’s going to be worse with security: they attract additional attention. Everybody is immediately curios about who is walking around with body guards.

- According to magazine “OK!”, only David Beckham is more attractive than you, and People magazine regularly includes you on the list of most desirable bachelors in America…

- I have nothing to do with this. My friends make fun of me, acquaintances brag about me. We know Beckham, and once discussed these ratings. He could care less about them, just like me.

- Do you seriously believe that you can find love on a reality show?

- I am 30 and not married. People around me start wondering – why. But I am simply too shy and will never approach a girl to introduce myself first. For the first time in 15 years I have a break, I have several month free from participating in “Dancing with the Stars” and my business (Maksim is expanding his chain of dance studious – author’s note.) TV channel STB offered me this project and I agreed. I was participation in a similar project three times in America, but everything there revolves around the show: intrigue, fights. In Ukrainian version is will be different: here people will immediately detect falsehood. I am serious about finding somebody. My parents are ready, my mom is ready, my grandmother has been ready for a long time. I was engaged in the past (to the American dancer Karina Smirnoff who was born in Kharkov – author’s note.) It was a year ago, but it’s over now.

- Did you do something wrong or did she?

- I think we both made mistakes. We should have just dated and broke up, but everything quickly became a whirlwind. I learned from this example that one should not hurry in a relationship.

- So who is she – the woman of your dreams?

- Of course, it would be desirable if she was attractive. After all, beauty is the first thing that catches attention during introductions. But this is only the outside. It’s much more important to me that the girl is sociable and can converse about various subjects. If this is not the case, it’s somewhat a turn off. I wish to have a person in my life that when the TV is off and you are alone, you can have something to talk about.

- There is a lot of information about you on the Internet...

- Unfortunately…

- People write that you are very proud of you chest and like it when girls notice it…

- Complete nonsense.

- Just wanted to point out that there are much more results on the web for “Naked Maksim Chmerkovskyi” search than for simply “Maksim Chmerkovskyi”…

- This probably happened because of one of the performances for the “Dancing with the Stars” project. When my partner is not succeeding with one of the elements of the dance, I try to divert attention of the judged from her – rip my shirt off. But, trust me, I don’t do it to show off.

“To this day, I consider myself a resident of Odessa”

- Your family left Ukraine in 1994. Was it a hard decision?

- I was only 14 at the time, and my parents just presented me with the fact. By the way, I still consider myself a resident of Odessa; we speak Russian at home with my parents. It was difficult after the fact, we did not know the language, there was no money to pay for dance training for me and my brother; this was the reason why I was training by myself and danced after classes in restaurants, and later started teaching my brother. Slowly everything worked out.

- Your parents are probably very proud of you…

- Yes, they are very happy about my achievement and my brother’s achievements (younger brother Valentine is also a dancer – authors note.) But they are constantly encouraging us to pursue things further, moving the bar higher and higher. I endeavor to be successful. The main thing for me is to have enough for myself, my family and my future family.

Note “KP” (ed. Not a clue what “KP” is)

Maksim CHMERKOVSKYI, 30. Born in Odessa. Started dancing at 14, immigrated to the USA with his parents in 1994. One of the brightest stars for American show “Dancing with the Stars”. Partnered and choreographed for many famous personalities: daughter of Mohamed Ali – Laila; actress Denise Richards; singer Mel B of Spice Girls, with whom he won “Silver” during the project. Maksim owns three dance studios in New York. Last year, American People magazine named this former resident of Odessa fourth most desirable bachelor in the world.

TTH

Height: 188 cm

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Dark

Source: “Komsomolskaya Pravda of Ukraine”

sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 18th 2010, 8:52 pm

Thank you Current!

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 5:33 am

Thanks so much Current. I wonder if Maks will find someone? This is fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 6:59 am

Thanks current!!!
Back to top Go down
stones
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1045
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 9:49 am

Thanks Current! It sounds like he is ready to find someone to be with.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 6:45 pm

stones wrote:

Am I the only one that hopes he and Erin reconnect? Smile

Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 7:07 pm

Happy, I would love to see them reconnect.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 8:55 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
stones wrote:

Nope I would love it!!!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 19th 2010, 9:32 pm

Awww Maks! I would love to see this 'Bachelor' whether I understood what they were saying or not. LOL!

Wasn't one of the reported reasons for the breakup with Karina he wanted to get married and have kids and she did not. Sounds like he is serious about wanting to find 'The One'. Not sure if their version of this show is any more successful than US version though.
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 12:04 am

trubeliver wrote:
Awww Maks! I would love to see this 'Bachelor' whether I understood what they were saying or not. LOL!

Wasn't one of the reported reasons for the breakup with Karina he wanted to get married and have kids and she did not. Sounds like he is serious about wanting to find 'The One'. Not sure if their version of this show is any more successful than US version though.

Tru, if we find the episodes on line, I will provide the translation for anybody who want's watch. Till then, I will translate any articles that you guys find on the subject.

memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 6:38 am

currentresident wrote:
trubeliver wrote:

Tru, if we find the episodes on line, I will provide the translation for anybody who want's watch. Till then, I will translate any articles that you guys find on the subject.

Current! What a great idea, Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 1:06 pm

I have no clue what this video says but here's a youtube video of Maks LOL

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 1:33 pm

Here is what Maks himself posted on his forum not too long ago...

Quote :

OK,
First thing first. I AM doing the Ukrainian version of our "Bachelor". The fact that I've turned down the American version has NOTHING to do with my 'dislike' of American women (the statement is so absurd that I can't believe I'm even dignifying it with a reply). My reasons for doing it:
1) This is the first time since I was 15 that I have few months without any physical activity. I am truly tired. I've realized it this past season and can't tell you how hard it was for me to get through it. The person that helped me was Brandy and for that I am forever grateful to her. She truly was god-sent and I will never forget everything she did for me. Without her help I would probably not have lasted though all the injuries, 'media issues' and my grandmother's death.
2) The idea that I would find 'the one' on a TV show is something that I can't ever fathom, but after speaking to producers I have realized that a show where characters are doing it solely for TV exposure simply would not work. Our audience would not understand it and the show would be a disaster. There has never been a show such as this in Ukraine and it makes me think that a first season would be the most 'real' as far as participant's perception of 'what its all about' is concerned. I thought about everything VERY long. I've spoken to my family. I've spoken to people around me and decided that this might be something to try and see 'how it'll work'. I'm going into this with a thought of 'why not?'. I know it’s hard to find someone you can connect to on a project like this, but nothing is impossible. For the sake of the show I can't reveal anything, but I must say I am very pleasantly surprised so far.
3) I feel good about the fact that I can 'give back'. My family and I left when I was very young and to have made something of myself. To come back here as a person to be looked up to is an amazing feeling. I have been speaking to lots of people for whom my family and I are an example of what is possible, and I feel great that I can help 'direct' young people's drives to better themselves while the government here is figuring everything out. It is not an easy living here. Kids don't have as many opportunities as I had and people aren't looking at me with a frown but with pride.
4) This might be the most important reason of all. This is the first thing in a VERY LONG TIME that I'm doing for ME. For the first time I don't really care what people think. First time that I'm not being 'judged', 'placed' or 'criticized' (well, maybe criticized, but you know what I mean). My profession required me to do things to 'please' others. Be it audience, judges, my coaches, etc. Maybe if I weren't such a stubborn person and didn't have such strong opinion about everything I would 'please' everyone better and would have achieved more in my life. But, I am who I am...
I am not asking for understanding or support. I do feel that on this forum I have people that like what I do and have shown love for me through all the seasons of DWTS as well as other projects. I feel that I owe you an explanation of some kind. Well, this is the best I can come up with for now. Someone told me ones "You do not have to remember what you said if you never lie". I follow that my entire life. In light of all of this some of you remembered me saying that I would never do a reality show such a 'Bachelor' and calling me out as being a hypocrite. I remember saying that too, but I do believe that I am smart enough to tell who here is after some 15-minute fame and who is here for the right reasons. Time will tell if I am wrong in my choices in life, but those are MY choices, MY mistakes and MY achievements. And as long as my family is taken care of, my friends are happy with who I am and I continue to better myself as a person, son, friend and (hopefully one day as a father and a husband), I will remain who I am.

Love you all,
Me.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 2:02 pm

lovin wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
stones wrote:

Nope I would love it!!!

I was just going to say that too. I was hoping they were secretly dating. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 2:36 pm

Kelli wrote:
lovin wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
stones wrote:

Nope I would love it!!!

I was just going to say that too. I was hoping they were secretly dating. Smile

If Maks wants to settle down and have a family, Erin may not be the one for him, at least at this time. Her career is top priority for her right now, I think.

I wish they would release a subtitled version of this show!
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 3:20 pm

Amanda09 wrote:
I have no clue what this video says but here's a youtube video of Maks LOL

I'll translate it when I get home.

ETA. Dude, I am going to have to dust off my Ukrainian! Haven't spoken it or listened to it in 23 years.

stones
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 20th 2010, 3:38 pm

He looks good! I just wonder, is he as famous over there as he is here? Do they get to watch DWTS?
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   December 21st 2010, 1:31 am

Sorry everybody, I was not feeling too hot this evening and will translate the video tomorrow. pale

Amanda09
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   February 15th 2011, 11:33 am

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   February 15th 2011, 1:37 pm

Amanda09 wrote:
LOL this commercial is so cheesy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoh4mei-m7I&feature=feedu

lol! ewwwww
Back to top Go down
stones
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   February 15th 2011, 5:14 pm

No Max!!!!! Run!!!!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   February 15th 2011, 11:17 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   February 17th 2011, 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maks the Russian Bachelor?   

Back to top Go down

Maks the Russian Bachelor?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: