Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4625
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 11:52 am

I think he might be grateful, this time around. He wasnt shown to be the ass we know he can be.
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 4:04 pm

Moody wrote:
its_glinda_now wrote:
Gimme wrote:
Jason Wahler has primiarly an alcohol problem... he has been arrested several times & been in & out of rehab. He needed to be there.

Yeah he was pretty out of control for while. I just think he seems normal because he took this trip to rehab very seriously, he wasn't drinking on the way in like everyone else - he went and detoxed before he got there.

We didn't get to "know" him at all on this show did we?

No we didn't. We got no background info as to why he got involved with drinking in the first place. I know about all of his arrests, but I was waiting for the "deeper" issue to come forward and it never happened. We got something from everyone else, but nothing from him. Which is why I said "just to get paid I guess". I need to keep editing in mind.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 5:10 pm

I dont know... maybe his reasons for being a drunk teenager werent as compelling as the others... who seem to have been through more over their life time or their addictions seemed much worse to treat than his.

Perhaps he does have deep issues that could have been compelling... & yeah I would have liked to have known why he acted the way he did. He was a hot mess the 2nd season of Laguna Beach... & a mean jerk on The Hills.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 6:30 pm

I watched Jason on Laguna Beach.He started drinking then.I heard him say in group session with Dr. Drew that MTV paid him to get drunk on the show.He went on to the spin off,The Hills and was drunk all the time.Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 8:23 pm

Top cat wrote:
I watched Jason on Laguna Beach.He started drinking then.I heard him say in group session with Dr. Drew that MTV paid him to get drunk on the show.He went on to the spin off,The Hills and was drunk all the time.Very sad.

Yeah, it sux that MTV would do that to those kids. One thing that bothers me is... they might have paid him to drink but they didnt pay him to be an asshole with those girls.
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 11:10 pm

i think it's very funny how quiet he is.That is not like him at all from the shows.
Maybe it's all editing too.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 17th 2011, 11:14 pm

Gimme wrote:
Top cat wrote:

Yeah, it sux that MTV would do that to those kids. One thing that bothers me is... they might have paid him to drink but they didnt pay him to be an asshole with those girls.

Good point.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 28th 2011, 5:31 pm

Did anyone watch the reunion? Was anyone able to read Jason Davis' lips when the audio was turned off? I had high hopes for him, but I think he is using again. He says he is 3 months clean but it didn't seem like it. He is very likable when he isn't on drugs, but not so much when he is on them. He lives with Jason Wahler. Jason W says he hasn't seen him take anything. Jason D seemed a bit angry and annoyed.

Not too sure about Frankie and Leif. I got the impression they relapsed, but they said they were working on it. It confused me.

I still don't get the love addiction thing.

Not sure anyone likes Janice except maybe Jeremy. Not even sure about that. Janice, Jeremy, Rachel, Erik, and Jason W seemed okay. I'm not sure living with Jason D is such a good idea for Jason W.

Last edited by catty on January 28th 2011, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 28th 2011, 5:34 pm

I just read that Jason Davis got arrested for possession of a controlled substance.

So he's not sober.

Last edited by xubaby2000 on January 28th 2011, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 28th 2011, 5:35 pm

I didn't know it aired yet. You have good instincts catty.....

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/28/jason-davis-arrested-busted-celebrity-rehab-last-night-heroin-drugs-newport-beach-california/

Jason Davis arrested busted last night for heroin

The famously inebriated grandson of Marvin Davis and alum of "Celebrity Rehab" -- was arrested last night in Newport Beach, CA. for possession of a controlled substance ... TMZ has learned.

The arrest comes a day after the "Celebrity Rehab" live reunion show, in which Jason claimed to be clean.

Davis -- brother of Brandon Davis -- is otherwise known on TMZ as Gummi Bear. He's been busted for heroin in th past.

Davis is being held on $20,000 bail.

UPDATE: Dr. Drew, host of "Celebrity Rehab," tells TMZ, "Jason was honest about his struggles with his sobriety on the reunion show. Hopefully, now that there are legal conquesces, further treatment will be mandated, which he so desperately needs. As I said when I saw him Wednesday, we care for him very deeply and we are here for him."

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 28th 2011, 5:36 pm

I just write the above post and then go to twitter and see a link to this

So much for sober living.

Jason Davis, the "Celebrity Rehab" castmate who annoyed his fellow rehabbers (and viewers) to no end, but ultimately agreed to go into a sober living facility on the season finale, has been arrested for drug possession.

According to TMZ, Davis was arrested Thursday (Jan. 27) night in Newport Beach, Calif., for possession of a controlled substance. The arrest came just one day after the taping of the "Celebrity Rehab" reunion show, in which Davis claimed to be clean and sober.

He's currently being held on $20,000 bail.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/01/celebrity-rehab-alum-jason-davis-arrested-for-drug-possession.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 28th 2011, 6:31 pm

I watched. That live show was kind of a bust. I understand why they had to do it that way since Dr. Drew got really sick when they were scheduled to tape it, but it really feel flat IMO.

Yeah, Jason Davis is a mess. I get the feeling he just doesn't care. It's kind of like he wants to commit suicide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   January 28th 2011, 6:49 pm

It was a bust...especially when some didn't really want to reveal how they were doing. I kind of get it, I guess. It was too long.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 3rd 2011, 1:21 pm

Is this show for real? I have never watched. These people are all addicts?
Or is fame now becoming one of the addictions Dr. Drew is trying to cure.

White House Party Crashers -- Headed to 'Rehab'3/2/2011 1:00 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Michaele and Tareq Salahi -- the couple that allegedly crashed the White House -- will enter the next season of "Celebrity Rehab" ... along with one of the greatest NY Mets players of all time ... TMZ has learned

Sources connected to the production tell us ... Dr. Drew will have one hell of a cast for Season 5 ... including:

Dwight "Doc" Gooden ...................Former NY Mets pitcher
Tareq AND Michaele Salahi ........ Alleged WH crashers and "Real Housewives of D.C."
Bai Ling ............................................ Actress?
Michael Lohan ............................... Lindsay's dad
Jeremy Jackson .......................... aka Hobie from "Baywatch"

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 3rd 2011, 3:52 pm

I read that yesterday and just the thought of watching Michael Lohan disgusts me. Why him?

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 3rd 2011, 8:57 pm

catty wrote:
I read that yesterday and just the thought of watching Michael Lohan disgusts me. Why him?

He is addicted to fame and so annoying.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 3rd 2011, 9:31 pm

This cast is even worse than usual! I don't know if I would consider any of them celebrities, I don't think I'll be watching this year.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 4th 2011, 4:38 pm

its_glinda_now wrote:
This cast is even worse than usual! I don't know if I would consider any of them celebrities, I don't think I'll be watching this year.

I know, they are so unlikable. Lindsey Lohan's dad? Really?

Speaking of this show, I saw Heidi Fleiss on the HBO show Cathouse (it's about a legal whore house). The owner asked her to come and give him advice. He described her as the smartest, best business woman he knew. It was filmed 2011, so it made me wonder if she is using again. She seemed level headed on the show, but I was surprised to see her in that environment. Seems like it would totally trigger drug or alcohol use. Wasn't Heidi one that really got clean and came back to show support to others that were in the house?
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 4th 2011, 4:53 pm

Moody wrote:
its_glinda_now wrote:

I know, they are so unlikable. Lindsey Lohan's dad? Really?

Speaking of this show, I saw Heidi Fleiss on the HBO show Cathouse (it's about a legal whore house). The owner asked her to come and give him advice. He described her as the smartest, best business woman he knew. It was filmed 2011, so it made me wonder if she is using again. She seemed level headed on the show, but I was surprised to see her in that environment. Seems like it would totally trigger drug or alcohol use. Wasn't Heidi one that really got clean and came back to show support to others that were in the house?

Mackenzie Phillips came back and Tom Sizemore came back, but Heidi didn't.

I don't know if she stayed clean. Sometimes it seems like they try to keep quiet people's relapses if they aren't specifically PUBLIC relapses because it is bad publicity for the show. If you get arrested, they can't help it getting out. But if you quietly cook your meth with your birds in the desert, it probably won't be on the news.
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 5:15 pm

And he was one of Dr. Drew's success stories last year. Not good.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 5:42 pm

I remember him. That is sad.

ETA: He looked much different on Celeb Rehab than in that photo. I had to read the info to make sure I was thinking of the right person. What drugs do to a person's looks...yikes.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 6:44 pm

Was he a success story? I can't remember, but I'm not surprised. It's like everyone knew that would happen eventually.

Sad news. Despite the habit, he was a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 6:46 pm

Here is the E Online article and a more current picture

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 6:57 pm

While I was looking for articles, I came across a " Where are they now" article some of you might like to read.

The date is Dec 2010, so it's fairly recent

Link to " The Wrap"
Back to top Go down
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 7:19 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Was he a success story? I can't remember, but I'm not surprised. It's like everyone knew that would happen eventually.

He was on the last season of Celebrity Rehab as a "guest speaker" to talk about his recovery. Not that he hadn't relapsed, but that he was still working the program. "Success story" was used loosely.

It is sad. But it isn't all that surprising.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 8th 2011, 9:21 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
While I was looking for articles, I came across a " Where are they now" article some of you might like to read.

The date is Dec 2010, so it's fairly recent

Link to " The Wrap"

Good find Nancy! Thank you.

xubaby2000 wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

He was on the last season of Celebrity Rehab as a "guest speaker" to talk about his recovery. Not that he hadn't relapsed, but that he was still working the program. "Success story" was used loosely.

It is sad. But it isn't all that surprising.

Not surprising at all and I do remember him returning as a "guest speaker".

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 9th 2011, 3:36 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Here is the E Online article and a more current picture

HIM??????? I didn't realize it was him!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that is so sad. I hate drugs!!
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 9th 2011, 9:46 pm

This news makes me very sad, he was a tortured soul, may he RIP

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 9th 2011, 10:22 pm

I watched part of his season and I feel very sad but when I watch this show I often get an overwhelming sadness that comes over me because I know what the odds are for most of these celebrities and it's not good.

It's always a sad day when anyone's life ends especially when so prematurely and so unnecessarily. My heart goes out to his family and friends who loved him. Those are the people who will suffer for years to come and feel incredible guilt for either enabling him or giving up on him. Sad
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 10th 2011, 10:24 am

speedy0103 wrote:
I watched part of his season and I feel very sad but when I watch this show I often get an overwhelming sadness that comes over me because I know what the odds are for most of these celebrities and it's not good.

It's always a sad day when anyone's life ends especially when so prematurely and so unnecessarily. My heart goes out to his family and friends who loved him. Those are the people who will suffer for years to come and feel incredible guilt for either enabling him or giving up on him. Sad

I liked this guy, he seemed such a tender soul. Don't know how else to say it.
But Speedy, what you said in bold is so true. It also applies to when people commit suicide or have serious disease and don't take meds or follow Dr. instructions.
It is so hard loving someone and watching them make self distructive choices. The family is left with so many "if onlys". If only I did this or the other, if only I knew, if only I had said, if only....... on and on.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 10th 2011, 2:22 pm

Speedy what are the statistics. Something like 1 in 10 will recover, or even worse. Robert Downy Jr. is one that went from serious substance abuse to recovery. He is still clean, right?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 10th 2011, 4:41 pm

I think he is still clean Moody.

Another success is Drew Barrymore.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 10th 2011, 6:17 pm

If we are just talking about this particular show I'd say for sure the success rate is less than 1%. My personal feelings is that if these people where ready for recovery they'd do it privately. I find it hard to believe that any of these celebrities are being totally honest in front of the cameras. This is a gig and they are using it to jump start their or a family member's career. At the same time I guess even a little bit of recovery is some progress. I have a nephew who is an addict and to be honest we are all at the point where even though we know a 30 day program isn't going to be enough sometimes it gives us 30 days of peacefull sleep just knowing he's not out on the street or that we aren't going to get a call in the middle of the night that he's dead. After you've tried everything and it's failed you start to just ask for a break.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 11th 2011, 1:08 am

I used to really like Dr. Drew, but my opinion of him these last few years has changed a lot.

Back to top Go down
BB4Me!
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 11th 2011, 6:48 pm

mimTN wrote:
speedy0103 wrote:

I liked this guy, he seemed such a tender soul. Don't know how else to say it.
But Speedy, what you said in bold is so true. It also applies to when people commit suicide or have serious disease and don't take meds or follow Dr. instructions.
It is so hard loving someone and watching them make self distructive choices. The family is left with so many "if onlys". If only I did this or the other, if only I knew, if only I had said, if only....... on and on.
good posting
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 11th 2011, 8:51 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
I used to really like Dr. Drew, but my opinion of him these last few years has changed a lot.

I liked him more when I listened to him on the radio doing Lovelines with Adam Carolla. He and Adam kept me company when I used to work a 5:00PM-1:30AM shift. I still like him just not as much as before.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 11th 2011, 10:43 pm

I just found out this news about Mike Starr when I went to the "What are you listening to.." thread.

I agree with Mim when she said, "he seemed such a tender soul."

Prayers for his family and friends.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 11th 2011, 11:43 pm

catty wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I liked him more when I listened to him on the radio doing Lovelines with Adam Carolla. He and Adam kept me company when I used to work a 5:00PM-1:30AM shift. I still like him just not as much as before.

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 17th 2011, 6:34 pm

http://rumorfix.com/full-entry/2011/3/16/exclusive-survivors-jessica-sugar-kiper-joins-celebrity-reha.html

Since Real Housewives of Washington D.C.'s Michaele Salahi was bumped from Celebrity Rehab for having no real addiction, producers have found a last minute replacement and only RumorFix can tell you who it is.

A source close to the show tells RumorFix that Jessica "Sugar" Kiper from Survivor: Gabon has just checked into Dr. Drew Pinsky's rehab show.Jessica, who was the runner-up on the reality show and was on the Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians season, is addicted to alcohol, says our source. Ironically, on Survivor, the 29-year-old called her competitor Randy, "an alcoholic bigot."

RumorFix has also learned that Blade Runner's Sean Young, who went into rehab in 2008 for a long battle with alcoholism, has also joined the cast of the VH1 show

more at above link.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   March 17th 2011, 9:44 pm

I wasn't going to watch because of Michael Lohan, but now I may have to because of Sugar.

Has this been filmed already? Or are they filming right now? And can you tweet from rehab?

Wasn't Steven Adler on the show a few yrs ago? If so, I guess he relapsed.

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   

Back to top Go down

CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: