Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 9:56 am

Okay, who trusts my judgement? If you answer, "yes" to this question then I highly, highly reccommend that you watch this show, which I personally think is the best reality show ever. It started last night, where they had two episodes on MTV. VH1. You can always watch the repeats. I have seen almost all the seasons, and it's seriously some riveting television viewing. I would love to have people to discuss this show with. So... watch and come back here and chat with me:)

Last edited by thatgirl on December 2nd 2010, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 10:05 am

This show has always been my guilty pleasure...even though deep down I have issues with it and Dr. Drew's intentions when it comes to the production.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 10:29 am

I hear you about putting this kind of thing on TV, but I would think this could be a service to people with addictions who are watching. I used to work in the field of addictions, and I have to say that Dr. Drew's interventions and treatment are very much on target. The only difference between what he does on tv and what is done in real life is that he gets the patients to open up to quickly. That can be dangerous in early recovery, because they don't have the abilty to cope yet. Otherwise, it seems very real to me. Dr. Drew seems caring, but I don't disagree that he has an ego and likes the spotlight.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35511
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 12:03 pm

I've watched every season. It comes on VH1 in my area, not MTV.
I like it too. I saw Evel Dick say a few things nasty about Janice on Twitter. LOL

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 12:19 pm

I watch to the show too.I find it very enlightening.I don't know how I will handle Janice Dickerson. Her demands always floor me.I did notice in up coming shows,they bring Tom Seizmore back to talk and he still looks clean and that is great.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 12:34 pm

I watch the show, this season has already captured my attention. Janice, well what can anyone say (drama queen); Gummy Bear (the Davis kid) is sad and probably won't clean up; but I really do wish someone could help Leif Garrett, that poor, poor man, he has struggled forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
Von
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 12:36 pm

I like this show & have watch all of Dr Drew's shows. I like how if I miss a show I can catch up with repeats. I do not know how much I can add to the discussion but I do read all the posts.

I was wondering about Sizemore it looked like he was on crutches?
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4621

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 1:22 pm

blueeyed wrote:
I watch the show, this season has already captured my attention. Janice, well what can anyone say (drama queen); Gummy Bear (the Davis kid) is sad and probably won't clean up; but I really do wish someone could help Leif Garrett, that poor, poor man, he has struggled forever.

I am convinced that Davis kid is going to kill himself. He is beyond HOT MESS. poop stains on his pants, bandages that are barely on & taken care of, scabs & sores all over him, the constant shaking & wobble type walking. When I look at him.. I imagine he smells horrid.

Jeremy London... that one is de-lus-ional.

Dr Drew was on Howard Stern yesterday.... he said Eric Roberts pretty much cant stand Rachel... & I think he said Janice. I didnt picture Eric as having an opinion on anyone LOL
Back to top Go down
Top cat
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2442
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 1:26 pm

I agree about the Davis kid.Something tells me he is not there on his own.
Maybe his trust will be cut off if he does not clean up.Does not seem like he thinks he has a problem.JMO
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 1:27 pm

yeah... he is very flip about it all
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 2:50 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I've watched every season. It comes on VH1 in my area, not MTV.
I like it too. I saw Evel Dick say a few things nasty about Janice on Twitter. LOL

I'm sure you're right about VH1. I get MTV and VH1 confused. Oops:)

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 2:57 pm

The dynamic between Jason Davis and Janice is fascinating to me. It is very typical in that kind of setting that if you have two Borderline Personality Disorders in a group they will hate each other and try to destroy each other. Both seem very damaged. I saw Jason on the Millionaire Matchmaker last season. He wants us to believe that he is straight, but he seems very gay to me. Maybe he will be less self-destructive if he starts to accept himself.

PS- I used to love Leif Garrett:(

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 3:58 pm

I watched, and saw the same things you have all mentioned.

don't know how much I can add to discussion, my view on things have changed so much. Most times now I just want to shake people and say, "let it go don't you see you are doing this to yourself".

lol, not at all helpful, I know.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 6:01 pm

Setting the DVR!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 6:10 pm

These shows have made me much more compassionate for people with addictions.
I realize now that it is not a matter of "snap out of it". Most of these people have had deep emotional trauma in their lives.

For example, never in my life would I have thought I could grow to admire Tom Sizemore. He won me over through the course of last season... so far he seems to be doing great.
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 6:18 pm

I haven't watched this season yet but will hopefully catch up this weekend. how many episodes have I missed? I think it just started didn't it?

I usually don't know most of these people but still find it fascinating to watch. Hopefully I will be able to participate in this discussion soon.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 6:23 pm

Just for the heck of it.. I went to see if I could find a Tom Sizemore article.
This is from The Daily Beast ( Sept 2010)

Really good article:

Link to article

Snippets:

In May of last year, Tom Sizemore thought his career was over. "Bob [Forrest, from Celebrity Rehab] thought I had a future in helping people get sober, and that seemed like a good idea," he says with a wry laugh. "Because, look, I like to read, see movies, look at art, and be around people. That doesn't exactly set me up for a lot of career options."
Sizemore's concerns for his future were hardly unwarranted. The Golden Globe-nominated actor, whose heyday included meaty roles in True Romance, Natural Born Killers, Heat, and Saving Private Ryan, had slipped as far down a slippery slope as one can go: You don't, after all, spend $11 million on lawyers and legal fees for domestic-violence and drug charges if your life is going well. And if some of those charges involve the world's most famous madam, it's safe to say that you've reached a whole new depth.

snip

Celebrity Rehab, the show that he credits with getting him to this point, is a bit of a blur. "I was vaguely aware of the fact that I was on TV but it didn't really hit me until Sober House," he says. "I was going through terrible withdrawal [on Celebrity Rehab] and really wasn't conscious of what was going on." When he finally sat down and watched the two shows six months ago, "I had another period of grieving," he says. His voice breaks. "When I watched my first couple privates with Drew, I thought, 'The guy sitting there looks like the saddest guy that ever lived.'" He chokes back a sob and adds, "I'm grateful I have that since addicts have the propensity to forget how bad it was and I can't because it's there on tape."

Sizemore gets riled up when people deride Pinsky in any way. "I don't know what's wrong with people who say that [he's exploiting other people's problems]. He's the nicest man that's ever lived. He's paid a nominal fee for these shows. He does them to help make the world aware of the fact that alcoholism is a disease that has a cure."

snip

And, he says, it feels good to show people that he's not the brute thug he always acted like. "I have thin skin," he says. "I'm not a tough guy. I play tough guys in movies and behaved like one in front of the press because I thought that was what a man did." Now, the pressure to be "the cool guy" or "the drug guy" has dissipated. Most people, he says, are surprised to see what he's really like. "They can't believe I have a Master's in Fine Arts," he says with a chuckle, "and that I enjoy Shakespeare. I'm essentially a momma's boy with a good education."

Lots more at link

Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 6:24 pm

I watched a little of season 1 because I remember Daniel Baldwin and Jeff Conaway, and I may have watched a little of season 2 because I have a vague memory of Gary Busey. I don't remember finishing either season, but I've set my DVR to catch up with the first 2 episodes of this season and I'll see if I remember why I quit watching it!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 7:26 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I realize now that it is not a matter of "snap out of it". Most of these people have had deep emotional trauma in their lives.

For example, never in my life would I have thought I could grow to admire Tom Sizemore. He won me over through the course of last season... so far he seems to be doing great.

Have you ever watched Intervention on A&E??? Has probably the most realistic depiction of addiction and the affect it has on families I have ever seen on television. It is such a heartbreaking program.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 8:38 pm

Addiction is a nightmare, whether it be drugs, alcohol, gambling, food or whatever. I learned that a very long time ago when I had a boyfriend who was an addict, I also watched my best friend from high school get involved with the boyfriend's brother and become an addict, I felt guilty for years. I thought it was my fault. But the one thing I have learned is it really is a disease.

There was a commerical years ago that depicted a ballerina (and other stuff) the voice over said something to the effect of "no one wants to grow up to be a drug addict", a truer statement has never been made.

I used to watch Intervention on A&E when it was first on TV and I would cry so hard and yell at the TV to "take the help, please". I watch it now once in a while if I remember its on.
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 2nd 2010, 11:02 pm

Gracie wrote:
I watched a little of season 1 because I remember Daniel Baldwin and Jeff Conaway, and I may have watched a little of season 2 because I have a vague memory of Gary Busey. I don't remember finishing either season, but I've set my DVR to catch up with the first 2 episodes of this season and I'll see if I remember why I quit watching it!

same here. I won't pretend i've watched every season all the way through but I have some idea of what's going on.

It honestly, depends on how I feel if I can handle watching this show. I have two family members who are alcoholics and sometimes I just don't have the energy to watch anyone else go through it. but, it's pretty real with the exception that most drug/alcohol addicts don't get the care like these people are getting. My family members have no medical coverage and end up at County when they need detox and I'm the one who gets to take them there. I sometime wish I could drop them off to Dr Drew and leave them there. That sounds cruel but it's really how family feels after awhile.

i'm watching some of this show right now and I see so many of these people in my own family and it's really sad to watch.
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 3rd 2010, 12:07 am

I've watched a few episodes in the past. I'm kind of interested in seeing what happens with Janice Dickinson- she's such a trainwreck and I suspect she is doing it as just another reality show to bring in the $$.

It starts here in Canada on Sunday so I'll take a look.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 6th 2010, 8:43 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:

Exactly on all accounts!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 6th 2010, 8:44 am

speedy0103 wrote:
I haven't watched this season yet but will hopefully catch up this weekend. how many episodes have I missed? I think it just started didn't it?

I usually don't know most of these people but still find it fascinating to watch. Hopefully I will be able to participate in this discussion soon.

Speedy, this is really good tv. You have only missed 2 episodes. Just check VH1. They replay them all the time.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 6th 2010, 8:56 am

Blueeyed and Speedy: It's especially hard to watch shows like this when you know/have known addicts. Families and friends often feel numb to all of this. I agree, that not everyone gets to check into such a nice place with a pool.

As for Intervention, I have watched a couple of episodes, and they are pretty hardcore.

Not surprised about Tom Sizemore. Most addicts/alchoholics are very sensitive underneath all the craziness.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 6th 2010, 10:06 am

thatgirl wrote:
Blueeyed and Speedy: It's especially hard to watch shows like this when you know/have known addicts. Families and friends often feel numb to all of this. I agree, that not everyone gets to check into such a nice place with a pool.

As for Intervention, I have watched a couple of episodes, and they are pretty hardcore.

Not surprised about Tom Sizemore. Most addicts/alchoholics are very sensitive underneath all the craziness.

I can't watch this, i have an immediate family member that is an addict and it is to much for me to watch. It is hard enough to take a breath every day, when you are constantly worried about them, that watching this would probably send me over the edge.

One thing I have learned, the rehab does NOT matter, you can be in the most luxurious rehab in the world, or the most run down dungeon of a place. If you want to get better it will work, if not-it won't.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 6th 2010, 10:16 am

To me the key to addiction is, you have to want to stop. You have to want to change. I have known people who did not go to rehab and yet they are no longer doing drugs or alcohol.

The want to stop and change has to be stronger than the need for the drug. It is not an easy road. Having supportive people around helps, but ultimately its up to the addict.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 8th 2010, 5:20 am

Wow. This is by far the best season of celebrity rehab ever. I really felt for Janice that first night when she was having panic attacks and was talking suicide. That Jason Davis (the billionaire family) is a total prick, I can't see him ever growing on me. Poor Leif Garret, he has been addicted to heroine his whole life. Also interesting is Eric Roberts, who is addicted to only pot. I feel bad for Jeremy London, but I don't believe his story either.

Anyway here is a link to the cast and their bios.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/celebrity_rehab_with_dr_drew/season_4/cast
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14851
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 8th 2010, 4:29 pm

I watch this show and Intervention also. You learn a lot from them.

Last week they showed 2 episodes, but do they show 2 every week or was that only last week. Will they show 1 or 2 episodes this week?

ETA: What do you think of Rachel Uchitel? Can you really be addicted to love?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 8th 2010, 4:58 pm

Next on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew... Dealing with sexual addiction is not an easy task, but dealing with sexual addiction in the public eye and while trying to pursue your PhD. We fist met Brendan...

Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 8th 2010, 6:27 pm

catty wrote:

Last week they showed 2 episodes, but do they show 2 every week or was that only last week. Will they show 1 or 2 episodes this week?

I think "being addicted to love" is a nice way of saying that she is addicted to being in intense, complicated relationships. They fail to mention that Rachel had xanax, klonopin and Vicodin.. so she is also dealing with drugs. Even though they are all prescription. Saying you are "addicted to sex, love etc" seems to be the new trend. I believe people have unhealthy obsessions with these things but to throw them into the addiction definition kind of bugs me. I see why Rachel feels weird about it.

Last edited by Moody on December 10th 2010, 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 8th 2010, 6:29 pm

catty wrote:

I usually can't want watch Intervention. I find it too disturbing. Especially because the good majority relapse and seeing the families really upset me. Lately I cant watch Hoarders either, too depressing. I go through weird spells with shows.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 6:18 am

Did anyone watch last nights show yet? I hate how they treat each other when then are in the midst of the hardcore withdrawals and I didn't like Jeremy London's wife AT ALL.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 6:39 am

Moody wrote:
Did anyone watch last nights show yet? I hate how they treat each other when then are in the midst of the hardcore withdrawals and I didn't like Jeremy London's wife AT ALL.

Yes I watched. I have it set for record and it first showed yesterday morning.
I agree, that wife is scuzzy
Back to top Go down
Von
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 9:24 am

I agree with you on Jeremy London's wife, I do not believe the kidnapping story. (Is that why he is addicted now or was that just something that happen to him?) I missed the first show but have watched the second show twice. I really like Dr Drew.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 9:36 am

Von wrote:
I agree with you on Jeremy London's wife, I do not believe the kidnapping story. (Is that why he is addicted now or was that just something that happen to him?) I missed the first show but have watched the second show twice. I really like Dr Drew.

He was already a druggie. Who knows about the story. I hope we find out by the end of the show.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 9:39 am

I think the only one who believes his story is Jeremy. I remember when that was in the news and I think even his wife didn't believe it.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 10:40 am

I thought the wife was involved in his story?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 4:02 pm

currentresident wrote:
Next on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew... Dealing with sexual addiction is not an easy task, but dealing with sexual addiction in the public eye and while trying to pursue your PhD. We fist met Brendan...

lol! That crossed my mind as well.

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   December 9th 2010, 4:06 pm

Moody wrote:
catty wrote:

I think "being addicted to love" is a nice way of saying that she is addicted to being in intense, complicated relationships. They fail to mention that Rachel had xanax, klonopin and Vicodin.. so she is also dealing with drugs. Even thought they are all prescription. Saying you are "addicted to sex, love etc" seems to be the new trend. I believe people have unhealthy obsessions with these things but to throw them into the addiction definition kind of bugs me. I see why Rachel feels weird about it.

Thanks Moody. Your thoughts helped because they threw in the prescriptions she used as an afterthought. I might have an easier time understanding a sex addiction, but a love addiction seems a bit like reaching.

PostSubject: Re: CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW   

Back to top Go down

CELEBRITY REHAB WITH DR. DREW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: