Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 11th 2010, 8:06 pm

MissChriss wrote:
If anyone watches My Teen Mom, big news re Amber

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40138766/ns/today-entertainment/

Good! She's a horrible parent. She doesn't seem to care about Leah the way Gary does, and she is always yelling at him in front of her, and she gets physical quite a bit. Gary is no prize but you can see how much he cares for Leah if you watch the show, and it's obvious that Leah feels very safe with Gary - she always cries when Amber kicks him out.

I hope Gary can get his act together and stay away from Amber for good. I hope he realizes that Amber is not the only girl that will ever love him, and tbh I don't even think she does love him anymore.

Little Leah is just so precious and one of them needs to shape-up so she can grow up with at least a little stability.

Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 11th 2010, 10:25 pm

about damn time but I heard on enews yesterday that she said it was false that she had full custody of her daughter, but I doubt if she lost custody it was because of photogs outside...grow up amber!

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 12th 2010, 5:38 pm

Amber = should have never been on Teen Mom.

And I really disliked that Melinda got the boot on Cut Throat Sad
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 16th 2010, 5:07 am

I have gotten into these shows, anyone else? Thanks for the article on Amber. She pissed me off so much during her season. Now we have a new crop of pregnant teenagers. I really don't know how I feel about this show. Even though it shows how hard it is to have a baby at 16, I can't help wondering if it is giving any young girls idea.

On this season of 16 and Pregnant, there is one couple, Emily and Daniel. Daniel reminds me so much of my own son, I get frustrated wit Emily for always being mad at him for not being there. From what I understand he is finishing school and working. For some reason her school made her drop out and home school, which anyone who ever had a baby knows it is IMPOSSIBLE to study with a baby. I feel so bad both of them. I understand her frustration, but I hate seeing her take it out on Daniel.

Certainly doesn't compare to the way Amber treated Gary. That was just crazy abusive.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 16th 2010, 8:41 am

Moody wrote:
I have gotten into these shows, anyone else? Thanks for the article on Amber. She pissed me off so much during her season. Now we have a new crop of pregnant teenagers. I really don't know how I feel about this show. Even though it shows how hard it is to have a baby at 16, I can't help wondering if it is giving any young girls idea.

On this season of 16 and Pregnant, there is one couple, Emily and Daniel. Daniel reminds me so much of my own son, I get frustrated wit Emily for always being mad at him for not being there. From what I understand he is finishing school and working. For some reason her school made her drop out and home school, which anyone who ever had a baby knows it is IMPOSSIBLE to study with a baby. I feel so bad both of them. I understand her frustration, but I hate seeing her take it out on Daniel.

Certainly doesn't compare to the way Amber treated Gary. That was just crazy abusive.

I was just talking to my daughter about them last night! She watched all the first season but hasn't seen this new crop yet. I really felt bad for these two. Both are/were straight A students, who had dated for a year, and were on their way to college. He got a full scholarship AND was working. Her mom basically kicked her out and she had to move an hour away. After she had the baby, she took out her frustration on him for not being there to help - but geez, the kid was finishing school, working as much as he could, and would come and help whenever he was able to. AND, when he did come, he tried really hard. He wasn't a schlump and was really trying. I felt bad for the GUY for a change.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 16th 2010, 12:03 pm

I think because Daniel looks so much like my son.. that is why they freak me out so much.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 16th 2010, 1:06 pm

UGH, I read today that they actually did get married (Daniel and Emily) and he turned down his scholarship and is continuing to work at Target. What a shame. It's too bad that they didn't realize that a couple tough years now would certainly pay off big time when he got his degree and could get a good job.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 18th 2010, 5:42 pm

'Teen Mom' star Amber Portwood charged with domestic violence for attack on ex-fiance Gary Shirley

Quote :
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood is finally being punished for her volatile behavior.

The 20-year-old reality star has been charged with domestic violence and battery for allegedly beating her baby daddy and ex-fiance, Gary Shirley, in front of their young daughter Leah, TMZ.com reports.

Portwood now faces two felony counts and one misdemeanor for allegedly attacking Shirley three separate times between August 2009 and July 2010, according to Indiana officials.

The criminal investigation was reportedly launched after an episode of the MTV reality show aired, showing Portwood punching Shirley several times, including one hard hit to the face, before kicking him in the back as he walked down a flight of stairs.

Earlier this month, MTV was ordered to hand over unedited footage that their cameras captured during Portwood and Shirley's heated fights.

Though she denied the attacks occurred in front of the couple's daughter, cops said she slapped and punched Shirley several times in the face and upper-body in front of the toddler.

If convicted on all counts, Portwood faces three years in jail and fines of up to $10,000.
Link

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
MissChriss
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1554
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   November 18th 2010, 8:03 pm

Amber is a bully. Unlike BB, those cameras are controlled by an actual camera person with a camera in his/her hand. She knew what she was doing and that it was being filmed. Hopefully she gets her act together. At least Gary has a good heart, he would never keep her from seeing their daughter.
Back to top Go down
http://natalielynn.niceboard.net/index.htm
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   December 21st 2010, 9:03 pm

update on Amber:

i'm not sure what magazine i found it in,but at my local Grocey Store i found an article about that Amber got Leah Back
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   March 24th 2011, 11:27 pm

the 3rd Season of 16 & Pregnant Premieres April 19th, 2011 at 10 et/9 ct on MTV.

if anyone didn't know
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   March 24th 2011, 11:57 pm

I just saw the commercial for it during Teen Mom this week. I'll definitely watch, I always do. lol
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   March 25th 2011, 12:08 am

I don't watch and have stayed out of this thread. But does this not bother anyone else as much as it bothers me?

The repercussions of having children too young will play out for years and generations to come. I know, I was married at 16, Mom at 17 and 20.
40 frigging years later and I still see stuff that unfolds because I was to young and dumb to be having babies.

and that's all I'm sayin about that.
head bang
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   March 25th 2011, 9:49 pm

mimTN wrote:

I don't watch and have stayed out of this thread. But does this not bother anyone else as much as it bothers me?

The repercussions of having children too young will play out for years and generations to come. I know, I was married at 16, Mom at 17 and 20.
40 frigging years later and I still see stuff that unfolds because I was to young and dumb to be having babies.

and that's all I'm sayin about that.
head bang

it bothers me so much too, I swore never to watch it. A few months ago I was traveling for work and at the hotel I watched a few episodes since there was nothing else on and darnit if I didn't get drawn in and interested in their stories. It still bothers me though! but at least I like 3 out of 4 of the young moms and only really want to box the ears of one. I worry and feel for all of the children and how these early years of being parented by kids will effect them. It feels so wrong that these kids' situations are becoming pop culture phenomenons.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   March 29th 2011, 7:36 pm

hey Catelynn & Tyler Lovers,guess what Teen Mom is Back,will get to see Catelynn & Maci & Farrah & Amber again,Teen Mom is sheduled to return on June 20th
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   April 4th 2011, 12:14 pm

Maci Bookout Confirms Original 'Teen Mom' Cast Will Return to MTV in June

Although Teen Mom 2s season is just ending tonight, theres already speculation about whether the original Teen Mom crop will be back. At a recent college speaking gig, Maci Bookout told the crowd that Teen Moms lineup Maci, plus Farrah Abraham, Catelynn Lowell, and Amber Portwood will be back, and that their season will begin in June. Since the next season of 16 and Pregnant starts on April 19 and there are going to be ten episodes, that presumably means 16 and Pregnant will finish up in late June and Teen Mom will return immediately after. However, Maci says that no matter what MTV decides to do with the show, she intends for this to be her last season of Teen Mom. I like to think of myself as a normal person, not Maci from Teen Mom, she said. Im not out to be a celebrity.

Although on the last season of Teen Mom Maci was studying journalism, she has apparently switched her major to English Lit. And those rumors of Maci wanting to do a book havent died, when asked what she wants to do post-Teen Mom she replies, To be a bestselling author! I want to write books and be in a million poetry books. Im in the middle of writing an autobiography about teen pregnancy and my story. I dont necessarily want to tie myself down to just one thing though. Maybe Maci is writing the book at the speed that Amber is getting her GED.

Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   December 23rd 2011, 8:20 pm

if anyone watches 16 & Pregnant does anyone know when Season 4 starts
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   December 23rd 2011, 9:23 pm

Russellfan wrote:

They just started a new season of Teen Mom 2, so probably when that is over. Wikipedia has the finale date as Feb 21, 2012 so it will probably be shortly after that.
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   December 24th 2011, 9:38 am

its_glinda_now wrote:
Russellfan wrote:

They just started a new season of Teen Mom 2, so probably when that is over. Wikipedia has the finale date as Feb 21, 2012 so it will probably be shortly after that.

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 4th 2012, 8:06 pm

Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is Pregnant again

Teen Mom 2's Leah Messer, 19, Is Pregnant and Engaged Again
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 5th 2012, 2:09 pm

Russellfan wrote:

19 years old with 3 children, one of which has disabilities. . . this is just so sad. I wish her the best but she has a long, hard life ahead of her. I hope her new husband has a good job and makes lots of money. I have to ask myself if this girl knows how birth control works? You'd think she would have been more careful and learned her lesson about how hard it is to be a mother at such a young age.
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 5th 2012, 9:42 pm

Russellfan wrote:

Yikes! What the hell is she thinking? She probably isn't thinking too much I guess.
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 6th 2012, 1:25 pm

Shug wrote:
Russellfan wrote:

19 years old with 3 children, one of which has disabilities. . . this is just so sad. I wish her the best but she has a long, hard life ahead of her. I hope her new husband has a good job and makes lots of money. I have to ask myself if this girl knows how birth control works? You'd think she would have been more careful and learned her lesson about how hard it is to be a mother at such a young age.

when she found out that she was Pregnant,she was on Birth Control
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 6th 2012, 3:46 pm

Russellfan wrote:
Shug wrote:
Russellfan wrote:

when she found out that she was Pregnant,she was on Birth Control

Thanks Russellfan. I didn't know that. In that case, whatever she was using didn't work very well, did it? Sad.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 6th 2012, 7:45 pm

Why in bloody hell do they even have a show like this?????
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 8th 2012, 2:16 pm

Lori wrote:
Why in bloody hell do they even have a show like this?????

I thought the same thing when I first heard about it Lori. I changed my mind a little when Dr. Drew became involved and counseled with the girls. I thought that legitimized it somewhat. My fear was that it would encourage, instead of discouraging teens to become pregnant, so that they could become famous and be on TV.

I was surprised that the show was so honest about how difficult it is to be young and have a child. That's why I was shocked when Leah became pregnant again. Their lives have not been glamorized imo. I hope the show is a learning experience for why not to get pregnant, which some young teens do on purpose...I know some who have. Dr. Drew preaches to them about the importance of birth control, which is so important.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 9th 2012, 9:22 am

Shug - I'll take your word for it that it has some redeeming value. I refuse to watch it. ARRRG
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   January 9th 2012, 10:57 am

I have to agree with you Shug, it certainly doesn't make it look easy to be a teen mom. I would say most of the shows I have seen, the girl has a tough time. They all talk about how much they miss out on, how hard it is/was to keep up with school, and all the normal teenage stuff they are missing.

If anything, I think this show gives a dose of reality. It's too bad that some have gotten popularity from it - I don't think that was the intent.
Back to top Go down
Russellfan
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom   February 28th 2012, 8:44 am

MTV is coming out with a show called Teen Mom 3

http://starcasm.net/archives/145912
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content