all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:33 pm

Did anyone watch this last night? I streamed it today online and I loved it. It reminded me a bit of the movie 'The Road'. It is about a group of people trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Here is a link to a review that nails it ! http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/18524

I love horror/suspense movies and television series so this one I am excited for!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:36 pm

I missed it but plan to watch it later. I too LOVE horror/suspense movies and my husband actually told me to watch this because the previews looked good. I must say this Halloween season the t.v. airing of horror movies was quite disappointing. I remember some years where from October 1st to the 31st was practically a 24 hour every day horror fest on the tube. This year was dismal.
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:42 pm

Lori wrote:
I missed it but plan to watch it later. I too LOVE horror/suspense movies and my husband actually told me to watch this because the previews looked good. I must say this Halloween season the t.v. airing of horror movies was quite disappointing. I remember some years where from October 1st to the 31st was practically a 24 hour every day horror fest on the tube. This year was dismal.

I agree!!! I worked alot of it so I missed quite a bit of tv watching but whenever I was home I couldn't find any 'scary movies' on and was disappointed! Do you watch the Saw movies? I can't wait to go this week to see the 3-D 4th one!! I watch most of the movies through my fingers but I LOVE them.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:48 pm

You didn't miss anything because there was nothing to miss, trust me. One night they had a fly marathon, the old version of the Fly and the remake - seriously they played those two movies over and over and over again. WTH???

Yes I have watched the Saw movies - they are not my favorite but they're horror so I watch them, lol. I still think the first one was a classic though.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 8811
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:49 pm

keozie wrote:
Lori wrote:
I missed it but plan to watch it later. I too LOVE horror/suspense movies and my husband actually told me to watch this because the previews looked good. I must say this Halloween season the t.v. airing of horror movies was quite disappointing. I remember some years where from October 1st to the 31st was practically a 24 hour every day horror fest on the tube. This year was dismal.

I agree!!! I worked alot of it so I missed quite a bit of tv watching but whenever I was home I couldn't find any 'scary movies' on and was disappointed! Do you watch the Saw movies? I can't wait to go this week to see the 3-D 4th one!! I watch most of the movies through my fingers but I LOVE them.



SAW 3-D is the 7th saw movie
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:57 pm

oh sorry I meant that! I have no idea why but I was also thinking about purchasing netflix so I could watch Mad Men..which has 4 seasons. Soo I guess I had 4 in my head!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 8811
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 6:57 pm

I loved The Walking Dead but it was never explained how everyone turned into zombies did i miss it or is that something we will learn as the series progresses?
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 7:00 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
I loved The Walking Dead but it was never explained how everyone turned into zombies did i miss it or is that something we will learn as the series progresses?

nah, it wasn't explained how everyone turned into zombies yet. From the review I posted it was said that his wife was dating his partner at the end of the episode? Was that obvious b/c I just assumed they were both in the same group of survivors. It's not beyond me to be that clueless though!
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 8811
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 7:00 pm

keozie wrote:
oh sorry I meant that! I have no idea why but I was also thinking about purchasing netflix so I could watch Mad Men..which has 4 seasons. Soo I guess I had 4 in my head!


Love netflix they deliver the movies really quick but some of the new releases don't become available on netflix until about a month after they are made available to buy and about three week after cable companies offer them on-demand
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 7:03 pm

scottep_32 wrote:
keozie wrote:
oh sorry I meant that! I have no idea why but I was also thinking about purchasing netflix so I could watch Mad Men..which has 4 seasons. Soo I guess I had 4 in my head!


Love netflix they deliver the movies really quick but some of the new releases don't become available on netflix until about a month after they are made available to buy and about three week after cable companies offer them on-demand

I'm in Canada so I only have the online version of netflix. The selection is SO limited right now b/c it was just launched. :/
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9182
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 7:34 pm

keozie wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:
I loved The Walking Dead but it was never explained how everyone turned into zombies did i miss it or is that something we will learn as the series progresses?

nah, it wasn't explained how everyone turned into zombies yet. From the review I posted it was said that his wife was dating his partner at the end of the episode? Was that obvious b/c I just assumed they were both in the same group of survivors. It's not beyond me to be that clueless though!

I watched and loved it also! I love zombie movies though. They never explained how they turned into zombies, just kept talking about "the fever" in the beginning.

As for his wife and partner dating, well i don't know about dating but they kissed. They were in the group of survivors in the woods, they went into the tent and argued a bit and then kissed.
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 7:48 pm

bergen wrote:
keozie wrote:
scottep_32 wrote:
I loved The Walking Dead but it was never explained how everyone turned into zombies did i miss it or is that something we will learn as the series progresses?

nah, it wasn't explained how everyone turned into zombies yet. From the review I posted it was said that his wife was dating his partner at the end of the episode? Was that obvious b/c I just assumed they were both in the same group of survivors. It's not beyond me to be that clueless though!

I watched and loved it also! I love zombie movies though. They never explained how they turned into zombies, just kept talking about "the fever" in the beginning.

As for his wife and partner dating, well i don't know about dating but they kissed. They were in the group of survivors in the woods, they went into the tent and argued a bit and then kissed.

LOL, I'm a moron! I forgot my laptop overheated and I missed the last few minutes. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 14547
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 1st 2010, 8:43 pm

I recorded this but I haven't watched yet. I'm glad to see other people are watching it though.
Frank Darabont, who directed The Shawshank Redemption, created the series so I'm interested to see how the show turns out.

_________________
"Dude, it's not stalking. It's caring enough about someone to learn things about them they won't tell you themselves."---from tv show Chuck

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!


Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 20th 2010, 6:38 am

I watched the first two episodes of the Walking Dead. Wow! It is unbelievably good and so well-made.
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 20th 2010, 10:53 am

I can't believe how good it is!!
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 20th 2010, 3:57 pm

keozie wrote:
Did anyone watch this last night?
I love horror/suspense movies and television series so this one I am excited for!
Oooh, thanks for bringing this up, Keozie. Can I watch the two episodes at the network site? I'm excited. Very Happy

Lori wrote:
I missed it but plan to watch it later. I too LOVE horror/suspense movies and my husband actually told me to watch this because the previews looked good. I must say this Halloween season the t.v. airing of horror movies was quite disappointing. I remember some years where from October 1st to the 31st was practically a 24 hour every day horror fest on the tube. This year was dismal.
I'll say, very disappointing. I'm more of a vampire gal but zombies will do in a pinch.

Anyone remember, Shaun of the Dead? It was more of a comedy but I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 14547
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 20th 2010, 6:01 pm

It was picked up for a 2nd season.
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/11/08/amc-renews-the-walking-dead/

AMC has renewed its zombie frightfest, The Walking Dead, for a 13-episode second season. Since premiering in Mad Mens Sunday night timeslot on Halloween, the Frank Darabont-produced series has reached more adults 18-49 than any cable show in history. The premiere drew a total of 5.3 million viewers.

_________________
"Dude, it's not stalking. It's caring enough about someone to learn things about them they won't tell you themselves."---from tv show Chuck

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!


Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 21st 2010, 11:51 pm

Oooh, that was lemon snickety goodness, I just watched the Pilot episode at the amc website. But, I can't find the next three episodes?? I want more.

That poor horse. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 4:37 am

Frances - do you have AMC on demand on your cable station. The first two episodes are on there (maybe the 3rd by now). I watched the first two episodes and have the next 2 DVR'd.
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 1:02 pm

Lori wrote:
Frances - do you have AMC on demand on your cable station. The first two episodes are on there (maybe the 3rd by now). I watched the first two episodes and have the next 2 DVR'd.

Unfortunately, we don't have a DVR or on-demand. I guess I'm SOL. Going to pout. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zumabeach
Houseguest
Houseguest


Number of posts : 218
Location : Los Angeles, CA.
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 1:09 pm

Frances, I always recommend checking out CastTV.com. This site has most TV shows including " The Walking Dead" so you can view it on line.
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 1:34 pm

zumabeach wrote:
Frances, I always recommend checking out CastTV.com. This site has most TV shows including " The Walking Dead" so you can view it on line.

Zuma, thank you so much! happy dance 2 Going to check it out now. cheers
Back to top Go down
Shell

avatar

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 10:23 pm

catty wrote:
It was picked up for a 2nd season.
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/11/08/amc-renews-the-walking-dead/

AMC has renewed its zombie frightfest, The Walking Dead, for a 13-episode second season. Since premiering in Mad Mens Sunday night timeslot on Halloween, the Frank Darabont-produced series has reached more adults 18-49 than any cable show in history. The premiere drew a total of 5.3 million viewers.


This is such a good tv show. I'm happy it was picked up for a second season!!
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 10:31 pm

Frances wrote:
keozie wrote:
Did anyone watch this last night?
I love horror/suspense movies and television series so this one I am excited for!
Oooh, thanks for bringing this up, Keozie. Can I watch the two episodes at the network site? I'm excited. Very Happy

Lori wrote:
I missed it but plan to watch it later. I too LOVE horror/suspense movies and my husband actually told me to watch this because the previews looked good. I must say this Halloween season the t.v. airing of horror movies was quite disappointing. I remember some years where from October 1st to the 31st was practically a 24 hour every day horror fest on the tube. This year was dismal.
I'll say, very disappointing. I'm more of a vampire gal but zombies will do in a pinch.

Anyone remember, Shaun of the Dead? It was more of a comedy but I love that movie.

I love Shaun of the Dead too ! I loved a few of Edgar Wright's movies. Have you seen Hot Fuzz?
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 22nd 2010, 10:32 pm

I'm super happy it was picked up for another season!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9182
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 23rd 2010, 8:40 am

Sunday's episode was goooood!!!!!!!!!! Especially the ending.
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 23rd 2010, 12:50 pm

keozie wrote:

I love Shaun of the Dead too ! I loved a few of Edgar Wright's movies. Have you seen Hot Fuzz?

No, I haven't seen Hot Fuzz but I will soon. I noticed Bill Nighy, 'Viktor' from the Underworld series, is in the movie. Very cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keozie
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 884
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 23rd 2010, 3:24 pm

Frances wrote:
keozie wrote:

I love Shaun of the Dead too ! I loved a few of Edgar Wright's movies. Have you seen Hot Fuzz?

No, I haven't seen Hot Fuzz but I will soon. I noticed Bill Nighy, 'Viktor' from the Underworld series, is in the movie. Very cool. Very Happy

you will love it! b/c we are soul mates and all .... Wink



hahah I loved Bill Nighy in Love Actually !! So funny. "I feel it in my fingers...."
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   November 30th 2010, 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9182
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   December 6th 2010, 7:03 pm

did anyone watch the finale? I liked it. Though i am craving more zombies.
Back to top Go down
scottep_32
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 8811
Location : Maine
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   December 6th 2010, 7:04 pm

I didn't like it way to much talking and not enough action
Back to top Go down
EvelGwen
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1264
Location : Alabama
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   December 6th 2010, 10:02 pm

Love Love Love this show! Wonder when we will see the black man and his son again; also that guy's one-handed brother..........

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sheilarulz40
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   July 23rd 2011, 11:46 pm

October, 16th! Can't wait. Very Happy


Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 1204
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   July 24th 2011, 10:22 am

Loved the first season

_________________
Come tweet with me - http://twitter.com/Butterfly73
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9182
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   July 24th 2011, 11:27 am

excited also!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   October 16th 2011, 6:36 pm

Frances wrote:
October, 16th! Can't wait. Very Happy



bump bump It starts 8pm EST tonight (AMC). Woo Hoo
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9182
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   October 16th 2011, 6:54 pm

so excited also frances!
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   October 16th 2011, 8:50 pm

bergen wrote:
so excited also frances!

The show is halfway through and the suspense is killing me. Is the little girl
Spoiler:
 
I need to find spoilers to this show before I watch it. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 12115
Location : In my head
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   October 16th 2011, 9:00 pm

Too many darn commercials...I love this show. cheers
Back to top Go down
Shell

avatar

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   October 16th 2011, 10:31 pm

Wow, that was good!! What the heck happened at the end with the deer and the boy??? I kept thinking that was a bad idea for them to let him walk forward alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   

Back to top Go down
 
The Walking Dead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Entertainment :: Other television shows-
Jump to: