View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 6:56 am

This is another one that I find highly entertaining in that train wreck kind of way. Does anyone else watch it? It's on Sunday's a 8/7c on mystyle channel so I DVR it.
This second season is really good. Hardcore fighting between Olivia and Tracy. Tracy spit in Olivia's face for dating her ex-boyfriend! The whole time I watch it I am like "Are they for real?"
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 8:21 am

Is this the one where they work in a hair salon? If yes, I found it channel surfing maybe during the summer? I'm curious to see if any of them have changed lol
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 9:07 am

I just found it yesterday. I watched 4 or 5 shows. LOL it is a train wreck, but entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 10:51 am

YES, I've been watching since season one. The last fight with Tracy and Olivia was crazy. I love Anthony and Gigi.

Olivia and Tracy would look so much better with an undermakeover. They actually went to an upscale salon last season and did just that. It didn't last long. lol!

This is more tame than say The Bad Girls Club type of show. I can't watch those shows....TOO CRAZY for me.
Back to top Go down
afwife

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 12:54 pm

I love this show in that "Wow, better them than me" kind of way.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 6:28 pm

Oh good, look at all of you watching this show too! I don't feel so alone. Can you believe their clothes and jewelry? I can't remember what that guys name was that Olivia and Tracy were fighting over, but he was just nasty with a capital N. That whole thing seemed staged to me.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17169

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 6:49 pm

My cousin's daughter is working at the Gatsby now, so I hear enough about it on FB, I don't need to watch. Another train wreck right? I'm dreading the day when she asks me if I'm watching Shocked
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 7:15 pm

Jack'd wrote:
My cousin's daughter is working at the Gatsby now, so I hear enough about it on FB, I don't need to watch. Another train wreck right? I'm dreading the day when she asks me if I'm watching Shocked

Oh you have to see their fight. It's brutal.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 8:28 pm

i am still team olivia I just cant with tracy.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9195
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 8:32 pm

Moody wrote:
Oh good, look at all of you watching this show too! I don't feel so alone. Can you believe their clothes and jewelry? I can't remember what that guys name was that Olivia and Tracy were fighting over, but he was just nasty with a capital N. That whole thing seemed staged to me.

How about the boobs also. My gosh the boobs on this show!!!

Oh and I love frankie & gigi.
Back to top Go down
afwife

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 24th 2010, 9:00 pm

That guy was gross. Tracy is such a bully that you can't help but pull for Olivia. And yeah, the clothes they wear seem so outrageous to me. Especially for work clothes.

I love Frankie's parents.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 25th 2010, 3:45 am

Frankie seems like a nice kid, so does his girlfriend (can't remember her name).
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 25th 2010, 4:31 am

I have a hard time finding these threads. Ok, so Jac'ked explain how it works. When they are filming, they are closed for regular business, but there are clients that come in and some other hair dressers that aren't the "stars".

Also, what the heck is a glam fairy? I would picture a glam fairy to be glamorous herself but nope. Is this another name for make-up artist?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 25th 2010, 6:43 am

So, it was getting late, I was tired but not sleepy... TV on and surfed ... there they were LOL They travel around to do glamour makeovers now? I was laughing so hard watching her give lessons on the proper way to 'tease' hair... spray, tease, spray. Turned it off cause I woke hubby run away
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 25th 2010, 12:49 pm

Moody wrote:
I have a hard time finding these threads. Ok, so Jac'ked explain how it works. When they are filming, they are closed for regular business, but there are clients that come in and some other hair dressers that aren't the "stars".

Yes, the shop is already closed on Sun & Mon, they do their filming then. I told Moody that I'm seeing my cousin (not her, her parents) Friday night at a wedding, so I'll try to get some info out of her Mom then. My cousin was shown on last night's episode, I saw her for a brief second. She's supposed to have a speaking line on the show, but I don't know if that was last night or not, because I watch TAR instead lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 28th 2010, 5:23 pm

I am in the middle of the episode where they fly to Texas to do the wedding. I love that the blond one (I always forget her name) had a panic attack on the airplane. She always acts so "above it all". She looks like shit this season. Her boobs are practically in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
afwife

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 28th 2010, 6:23 pm

Alexa. Her boobs are their own character.

Am I the only one that doesn't get the appeal of the smokey eye?
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 29th 2010, 4:59 am

afwife wrote:
Alexa. Her boobs are their own character.

Am I the only one that doesn't get the appeal of the smokey eye?

I don't understand the smokey eyes. The girls look ridiculous with that much make up on in the salon, but the bride's make-up was perfect, so I think they do a lot of it just for the camera. Tracy did a great job with the wealthy Texas ladies! I loved that scene. Both the Texas ladies and the Glam Fairies really played off of each other well.

This show is obviously HIGHLY EDITED... dare I say acting is involved, but I have really enjoyed this second season.
Back to top Go down
afwife

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 29th 2010, 1:28 pm

Yeah, I think a lot of it is fake. What business would keep both Olivia and Tracy working there with the drama? And why would Olivia keep working there with the way Tracy treats her? If it were as bad as it seemed, then the job wouldn't be worth it. Plus, if Tracy was that horrid, then I don't think Alexa, Gigi, and the others would like her. But knowing all that doesn't stop me from watching. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 30th 2010, 6:26 pm

Some tidbits -

First, I was wrong by saying the shop is closed on Sun & Mon. Actually, the shop is closed on Sunday only. They film the show on Sunday and Monday from 9pm to 2am.

Tracy is actually the nice one out of the bunch. She is very friendly towards my cousin and even let her stay in her hotel room when they went to AC for filming.

GiGi & Frankie are together Wink

Christy had a baby girl in August.

Anthony does have his own salon and does help out at Gatsby. They are going to show more of his salon and also Alexa is opening a Glam Fairy shop and they will film that too, showcasing all three salons.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35417
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 30th 2010, 7:06 pm

I heard the show was pretty much scripted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   October 31st 2010, 4:06 am

So all the fighting and break-ups between Frankie and GiGi are acting?

Tracy being a bitch is an act?

I can't wait till the "Glam Fairy Shop" opens. The fact that people actually hire Alex and company blows me away.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 6th 2010, 7:06 pm

Did we establish this was a scripted show? It has to be. The oliva/tracey/brielle storyline couldn't possibly be real. Or the fact that ANY salon owner would allow her employees to dress as they do on this show can NOT be real.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 6th 2010, 7:37 pm

It has to be scripted. No employer would put up with Tracey and Olivia and their constant fighting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 6th 2010, 8:44 pm

it is real..i think one of our members knows someone that works there on NON taping days.

p.s. brielle sucks team olivia!

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 6th 2010, 9:10 pm

That would be me rallen. My cousin's daughter works there as a hairdresser Mon through Sat and then tapes the show as a background girl when the shop is closed for regular business. She is on a lot the episodes, but she's in the background, not one of the stars of the show.

Sorry to tell you all, but it's scripted.

I saw her on Thurs. nite at a Christmas party. She told me that the Gatsby was having a fundraiser on Sunday. They were having all booths where you could purchase hair products/headbands, etc. They charged $10 to get in and all proceeds from that went to St. Jude. I called my niece and told her about it because she absolutely loves the show and I busted her bubble on Thanksgiving when I told her all I knew. She wanted to always have her hair done there by Anthony who is her favorite, but whenever my sister-in-law would call, they would tell her to call back another time. They didn't know when taping would be. Anyway, she went and got her picture taken with Anthony. She's so excited she posted in on facebook lol. I was able to ask my cousin the name of Anthony's real shop and where it's located so my sister in law is going to take my niece there as her Birthday gift.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 7th 2010, 9:16 pm

Jack'd wrote:
That would be me rallen. My cousin's daughter works there as a hairdresser Mon through Sat and then tapes the show as a background girl when the shop is closed for regular business. She is on a lot the episodes, but she's in the background, not one of the stars of the show.

I saw her on Thurs. nite at a Christmas party. She told me that the Gatsby was having a fundraiser on Sunday. They were having all booths where you could purchase hair products/headbands, etc. They charged $10 to get in and all proceeds from that went to St. Jude. I called my niece and told her about it because she absolutely loves the show and I busted her bubble on Thanksgiving when I told her all I knew. She wanted to always have her hair done there by Anthony who is her favorite, but whenever my sister-in-law would call, they would tell her to call back another time. They didn't know when taping would be. Anyway, she went and got her picture taken with Anthony. She's so excited she posted in on facebook lol. I was able to ask my cousin the name of Anthony's real shop and where it's located so my sister in law is going to take my niece there as her Birthday gift.
so you do not think tracy hates olivia..she does not seem like that good of an actress...and the spit heard round jersey ewwww

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 8th 2010, 8:28 pm

rallen wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

so you do not think tracy hates olivia..she does not seem like that good of an actress...and the spit heard round jersey ewwww

I don't watch the show rallen, I can only go by what my cousin has told me and I believe her, she has no reason to lie to me.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 8th 2010, 9:06 pm

i was just asking, i would not assume she would lie to you about something so trivial...but people said the hills where "scripted" and they meant that it was not all impromptu...to me scripted means ok here is your lines or we need to you to do this here...I think that these shows are more along the lines of true but maybe "guided" like ok do that again

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 9th 2010, 5:42 am

If there is a storyboard I consider it scripted. You know... kinda like Big Brother anymore lol
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   December 9th 2010, 6:16 am

It is SO OBVIOUS it is scripted but I still love it. I can't wait to see how things work out for Alexa at her "Glam Fairy Factory".
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   January 2nd 2011, 10:35 pm

not feeling the new girl at all...i can deal with bitchy but condescending fake nice I cant...hope she goes quick

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   January 9th 2011, 10:54 pm

http://www.noh8campaign.com/photo-gallery/creative-group-photos-10/photo/16057

I guess Mike did not really break up with olivia...lol

eta: beware "fake choke hold" ahead

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   January 10th 2011, 8:37 am

rallen wrote:

who is in that picture with her?
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   January 10th 2011, 1:55 pm

bergen wrote:
rallen wrote:

who is in that picture with her?
well the guy that is fake choking her is her boyfriend mike...The "tracys" ex body builder guy..i looked at her pic on facebook and there is one of her and him grinding in a club from dec 2009 so they have been together a while i guess
his facebook
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=714240515

her facebook
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1808058582

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   January 10th 2011, 3:38 pm

It has to be scripted because who would go in there and let Olivia do their
makeup? Shocked scared

I still love it though........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   January 10th 2011, 9:22 pm

Peaches wrote:
It has to be scripted because who would go in there and let Olivia do their
makeup? Shocked scared

I still love it though........ Very Happy
i think all the makeup she has done has been pretty. well except for that glaminar make up

PostSubject: Re: Jerseylicious   

Back to top Go down

Jerseylicious
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: