AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17013
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    November 1st 2011, 9:06 pm

lovin wrote:
She is on GMA but based in California I believe. I'm sure she has other things in the works!

Oh OK, then that makes sense. I know she used to fly to NYC all the time from Texas, so I guess she now works for them from CA.

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    November 1st 2011, 9:08 pm

BarbaraAnn wrote:
I saw Melissa and her husband at the Texas Rangers game the Sat night they clinched the ALCS to go to the WS, Oct 15th.
Funny, I recognized her voice in the crowd before I saw her and no surprise here.....she is tiny.

How cool that you recognized her voice. She tweeted that she was going.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14548
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:23 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/14/melissa-rycroft-jennie-garth/

Melissa Rycroft, Jennie Garth land CMT reality shows

Melissa Rycroft and Jennie Garth are both getting reality shows on CMT (not together though!). Projects starring the former Bachelorette and the Beverly Hills, 90210 star were just giving series orders by the network.

Rycroft will star with her husband Tye Strickland in Melissa and Tye: A New Reality (working title), which follows Rycroft moving to Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood career while managing a long-distance relationship with her husband.
Garth, who is married with three kids, is taking the opposite route: She’s moving with her family from Los Angeles to a seven-acre farm in Central California. The title: I Love Jennie (cute).

Both shows received eight-episode orders and will premiere in April. Rycroft’s show is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions, with Seacrest, Jayson Dinsmore and Eliot Goldberg. The Garth show is executive produced by Ben Silverman, Jimmy Fox, Rick Ringbakk, Craig Armstrong, Garth, Peter Facinelli, Rob de Franco, Dinsmore and Goldberg.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:25 pm

I know this is Melissa's thread, but Jennie Garth is moving to Central CA? I live in Central CA. I wonder where she's moving to. I bet it's the central coast and not central CA like Fresno lol.

I'm looking forward to both shows actually.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:28 pm

Wow, that's pretty impressive news, thanks for bringing it over catty. I didn't know that Melissa moved without Tye. I like her a lot, but I'm not so sure she can carry a show. However, with Ryan Seacrest behind it, you never know. I'll be sure to check it out.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:30 pm

I was surprised she moved without him too...especially with a baby and all.

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:31 pm

I'll watch both I'm sure....Tye didn't move with Melissa at first but I believe he's in Cali now.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:32 pm

She's such a famewhore.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 8:36 pm

lallybelle wrote:
She's such a famewhore.

and a very successful one at that!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 9:41 pm

lol! both of you made me laugh.

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 14th 2011, 10:52 pm

I really like Melissa - I'll be watching! Very Happy

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 15th 2011, 7:36 am

I really like Melissa too. I think the difference with her and others that have been on reality shows is that she was sought out - she didn't go onto the show trying to become a star and chase it afterwards (cough* Jake Pavelka). Melissa went back to her life, got together with Tye, and ABC sought her out. Why not give it a try if it is being offered to you - I am sure it pays way better than whatever she was doing before.

I am a little disheartened to hear she moved without her husband though - I hope it is a temporary thing and he will either join her if she is successful or she will go back to Texas if it doesn't pan out. I can understand him not wanting to give up a good job and house etc if there is no guarantee.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    December 15th 2011, 8:12 pm

Schooner wrote:
I really like Melissa too. I think the difference with her and others that have been on reality shows is that she was sought out - she didn't go onto the show trying to become a star and chase it afterwards (cough* Jake Pavelka). Melissa went back to her life, got together with Tye, and ABC sought her out. Why not give it a try if it is being offered to you - I am sure it pays way better than whatever she was doing before.

I am a little disheartened to hear she moved without her husband though - I hope it is a temporary thing and he will either join her if she is successful or she will go back to Texas if it doesn't pan out. I can understand him not wanting to give up a good job and house etc if there is no guarantee.

I'm 95% sure that Tye joined her shortly after she moved to Cali...but I could be mistaken. But I've seen pictures of Ava at her dads new office, so I'm sure Tye is with her now.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 1:15 pm

wonder if she's announcing a pregnancy tomorrow morning....
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 8:40 pm

hmmmm.....Ava just turned 1!

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 9:14 pm

She has a reality show coming out this month. Maybe she's going to talk about that.

Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 9:33 pm

Well a few weeks ago she tweeted something (can't remember now) that made me think that. She tweeted today that they would be on GMA to talk about the show and more. I'm probably wrong, but some of her tweets have made me wonder the past month or so. That would make a good ratings ploy.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 10:00 pm

catty wrote:
She has a reality show coming out this month. Maybe she's going to talk about that.

catty, the show is on tomorrow night.

I don't think she'll be talking about this, but it's a shame that this happened.

Yikes! Part of Melissa Rycroft's new reality show, Melissa & Tye, is about the Strickland family’s move from Dallas to Los Angeles for her career. The Bachelor Season 13 alum told Life & Style that while she and her husband and daughter were away, their home was robbed.

"We'd come back from Dallas to celebrate Ava's birthday, and the place had been burgled," Melissa tells Life & Style. "Drawers had been opened, and when I saw the lingerie drawer open, I said, 'We didn't do that; someone's been in here.' My computer, iPads and jewelry were missing...and the computer had every picture on it."

She says she didn't backup the photos of Ava — so they are gone. The burglar also took a diamond cross necklace that Tye gave Melissa when they were married. Melissa explains her reality TV show was filming at the time, but she's not sure if they'll use the emotional footage from right after the burglary.

But, at least the family wasn’t there and no one was hurt, she says, finding the silver lining. And lest anyone get any ideas ... "[Now] I have a better security system.”

Melissa’s new reality show starts Friday, April 20, 2012, on CMT. Maybe they should do a quick genre change and make the rest of the season about catching the thieves. Everyone loves crime shows, right?

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/melissa-rycrofts-house-was-burgled-photos-of-baby-ava-strickland-are-gone

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 10:03 pm

Maybe she talks about this? I didn't know this, just saw it online.

The Bachelor’s Melissa Rycroft Shares Her Battle With Postpartum Depression

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2012/04/16/the-bachelors-melissa-rycroft-shares-her-battle-with-postpartum-depression/
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 10:56 pm

Thanks Jack'd for the articles.

If she does talk about PPD, then I think it's a good thing. So many women go through this and might be too afraid to share their experience.

girlmomtobe---I don't follow her on twitter so I have no idea what she tweets. You could be right.

Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 11:31 pm

A couple of weeks ago, CMT did a 30-minute preview show of her and Jenine's shows. They each talked about it and clips were shown. A clip was shown of her on the phone crying, upset and asked that filming be stopped. Don't know if it was because of the burglary or something else.

I follow her on twitter. Even though she has a better security system, she shouldn't tweet when they are going out of town. IMO, no one should.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 19th 2012, 11:43 pm

annie367 wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, CMT did a 30-minute preview show of her and Jenine's shows. They each talked about it and clips were shown. A clip was shown of her on the phone crying, upset and asked that filming be stopped. Don't know if it was because of the burglary or something else.

I follow her on twitter. Even though she has a better security system, she shouldn't tweet when they are going out of town. IMO, no one should.

I agree completely. Too many people do that.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 20th 2012, 12:50 am

I had not heard or read anything about Melissa's PPD. It is very good someone like her-a recognizable name these days-speaks out about her struggles after giving birth. So many new mothers can relate to her. Boy, you'd never guess she was sad...she always looked so happy in pictures.

So sorry to hear their home was burglarized.

I have to admit, I never cared for Melissa during her Bacherlorette days/DWTS, but she's beginning to grow on me. I've always thought she was beautiful...just never cared for her personality and that whole drama thing on TB.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 20th 2012, 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 21st 2012, 9:56 pm

I'm so bummed I missed the premiere of this show, the hotel we're at didn't have CMT wtf is that shit??! Anyway thankfully I dvr'd it!!

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    April 22nd 2012, 4:36 pm

Melissa's show was actually a little better than I thought it would be.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep watching Jenni's. She was going through her whole separation at the time and she seemed a little sad. Which isn't a surprise, but it's not so fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    January 1st 2014, 5:01 pm

She's having a boy this spring.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    October 19th 2015, 8:01 pm

She's filming something right now but not sure what it is.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    November 4th 2015, 4:19 pm

She's pregnant
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    November 4th 2015, 6:05 pm

Melissa Rycroft ‏@MelissaRycroft  2h2 hours ago
This is definitely the last one...probably... 👶🏼🍼#partyoffive #babyonboard #maybethisonewilllooklikeme

Back to top Go down
elmbowers
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    November 7th 2015, 11:02 am

What a beautiful family!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycoft    

Back to top Go down