You're aren't alone glinda....If you see my avi change you will know why Sad

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 6:22 pm

its_glinda_now wrote:
Moody wrote:
bergen wrote:
just a reminder fro tonight's show. I want to say it's the "cheating" episode but i also have been saying that for a month now.

Go MONDO!

Tonight has GOT to be the cheating episode.. but the previews are ridiculous, Ivy is still in the, Gretchen looks like she is throwing something... I am afraid it is going to be Michael C.

Me, too! Sad I might be alone, but I really like Michael C - I don't want him to be a cheater.

Same here. I just hope that the cheating is found not to be true.
Now, if it is Gretchen..... then I might not be so forgiving. Although after the last show, when she talked about how poor she was, I kind of let go of some of my dislike for her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 9:50 pm

That was lame. You were right Nancy in a previous post about them making it a bigger deal that it really was.

I still don't even know what Ivy was talking about. I'm going to re-watch it in case I missed something while I was online.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 10:26 pm

i didn't understand it at all either something about glue or double stick fake boobs, but being that it was coming from ivy, knowing how much hate she has towards michael, i didn't really even care. I still don't understand why NO ONE seems to like michael c. but i don't think we are going to see it.

I also don't understand gretchen but was glad to see her not taking criticism well finally addressed by heidi. I also was a little shocked she even approached michael c. with encouragement.

Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 10:30 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
its_glinda_now wrote:
Moody wrote:
bergen wrote:
just a reminder fro tonight's show. I want to say it's the "cheating" episode but i also have been saying that for a month now.

Go MONDO!

Tonight has GOT to be the cheating episode.. but the previews are ridiculous, Ivy is still in the, Gretchen looks like she is throwing something... I am afraid it is going to be Michael C.

Me, too! Sad I might be alone, but I really like Michael C - I don't want him to be a cheater.

Same here. I just hope that the cheating is found not to be true.
Now, if it is Gretchen..... then I might not be so forgiving. Although after the last show, when she talked about how poor she was, I kind of let go of some of my dislike for her.

Ivy is a bitter person.... I hate how some have treated Michael. When he didn't go home tonight they just stared at him when he walked into the room. The resentment toward him is so strong.

I let go of a lot of my dislike for Gretchen too after she talked about how poor she was. In her overbearing way, she does try to help others.

I really liked the winner's dress (Alex?) and I thought Christopher should go home tonight.

Cool

Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 11:42 pm

How funny and appropriate was it when IVY was all pucker face saying how she believes in karma then they cut to her being poked in the eye with a broken needle...I died and at that moment I knew he was going to be shown innocent, when she was vilified.

and he is right why would he use doublestick tape to cheat and leave it it the GIRLS bathroom...his model uses it for her boobs and Ivy is a GIANT boob and should use the tape for her mouth!!!!!@!

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 8th 2010, 4:43 pm

I read over at the Lifetime/Project Runway site. The comments are ripping Ivy to pieces.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 8th 2010, 7:22 pm

Sorry to see Chris leave last night...I liked many of his designs. As for Ivy, how terrible of her to come back and try to stir up drama with Michael C. That poor guy...everyone seems to hate him but Mondo! Mondo is the real deal for sure. What was Ivy thinking??? She is a bitter person. And I didn't like the fact that the others didn't stick up for Michael and tell Ivy to shut up!

Mondo for the win!!! He is adorable!!! Like a little munchkin!
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 8th 2010, 8:11 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I read over at the Lifetime/Project Runway site. The comments are ripping Ivy to pieces.
haha good she deserves it,lol thanks for making my night

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 9th 2010, 1:30 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

I went over there and was surprised by the comments about many not liking the show this year - I'm loving this season!

With PR on Lifetime, will we get a Reunion show to see the follow-up with Michael C and Ivy? Would love to see her defend her comments!

From reading the blogs, her accusation is just ridiculous - tape is used at all fashion shows. They said Santiano's jumpsuit he made for Kara (?) was put together with tape, stapels, and safety pins!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 14th 2010, 10:39 pm

Did anyone watch? I was a little surprised by who went home
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 2:06 pm

bergen wrote:

Yeah, me too. Two weeks ago I was sure she would be in the finals.
I'm glad Michael C did well last night.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 4:07 pm

I liked Mike C's dress.
Did we need to see the hideous diaper again. Yuck. I felt bad for April, but her outfits did all look the same except for the diaper.

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 5:16 pm

I was worried for Gretchen, she has grown on me. I loved Mike C's dress, but thought for sure he was a goner. I thought April would be in the finals for sure.. it seemed that way all season. I bet the others are shitting themselves that Michael C is going to Fashion Week. Mondo is going to win the whole thing for sure. He is just unbelievably talented.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 6:34 pm

bergen wrote:

I watched...love the show! I was surprised too, but glad it was her over Michael C...he has had to put up with a lot of crap this season and it was nice to see him sooo happy. April's designs, except for one, all did look the same and were all the same depressing black. I think April is depressed, actually. She never smiled on the show...she's only 24!
I just adore Mondo and can't wait to see his designs for Fashion Week. He is a just heads and tails above the others. Even though I don't care for Andy, I think he will do well during Fashion Week.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 6:45 pm

ebowers wrote:
bergen wrote:

I watched...love the show! I was surprised too, but glad it was her over Michael C...he has had to put up with a lot of crap this season and it was nice to see him sooo happy. April's designs, except for one, all did look the same and were all the same depressing black. I think April is depressed, actually. She never smiled on the show...she's only 24!
I just adore Mondo and can't wait to see his designs for Fashion Week. He is a just heads and tails above the others. Even though I don't care for Andy, I think he will do well during Fashion Week.

She is actually only 21..!! She will have a good career I think.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 6:47 pm

Look what I found:

Link to movielink article/interview with April

Project Runway’s April Johnston Talks to Movieline About Her Unfair Elimination, Michael C.’s Work, and Gretchen’s Issues

April Johnston was Project Runway’s baby this season, a 21-year-old college grad from Savannah, GA, who preferred black garments, light fabrics, and a droll one-liner every so often. We spoke with her about the show’s pressing issues going into Fashion Week: the fairness of her elimination, the lionization of Michael C., and the mystery of Gretchen. She does not disappoint.

The judges laid into you for turning out similar garments throughout the season. Couldn’t they have said that about any of the other designers — like Mondo with his prints? Did their comments seem unfair to you?
Yeah. I think you’re exactly right with that comment. We all have our things that we kind of are known for, you know? Mondo’s is — whenever they [showed] whatever he’d done throughout the season, I’d say, “I’ve seen that fabric numerous times.” So yeah, I think it was a little bit abrupt for them to kind of call me out on something that a lot of the other designers also stick to. These are the things that make me think I was gone for a different reason, like that I didn’t fit that role anymore. My story line was done or something. I just don’t want to believe, I think, that it was because of my design.

Rest of article at link
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 15th 2010, 6:47 pm

Her design was unique but there was just something about it....
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 21st 2010, 9:52 pm

sad ending tonight, i actually had to turn the channel.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 21st 2010, 11:36 pm

I was upset at tonights ending as well. Wrong person went home.....not a fan of granola girl.

I cried too, so emotional.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 22nd 2010, 5:02 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Look what I found:

Link to movielink article/interview with April

Project Runway’s April Johnston Talks to Movieline About Her Unfair Elimination, Michael C.’s Work, and Gretchen’s Issues

April Johnston was Project Runway’s baby this season, a 21-year-old college grad from Savannah, GA, who preferred black garments, light fabrics, and a droll one-liner every so often. We spoke with her about the show’s pressing issues going into Fashion Week: the fairness of her elimination, the lionization of Michael C., and the mystery of Gretchen. She does not disappoint.

The judges laid into you for turning out similar garments throughout the season. Couldn’t they have said that about any of the other designers — like Mondo with his prints? Did their comments seem unfair to you?
Yeah. I think you’re exactly right with that comment. We all have our things that we kind of are known for, you know? Mondo’s is — whenever they [showed] whatever he’d done throughout the season, I’d say, “I’ve seen that fabric numerous times.” So yeah, I think it was a little bit abrupt for them to kind of call me out on something that a lot of the other designers also stick to. These are the things that make me think I was gone for a different reason, like that I didn’t fit that role anymore. My story line was done or something. I just don’t want to believe, I think, that it was because of my design.

Rest of article at link

I am sorry but she did have the worst garment of the night. It looked like a witches Halloween costume. SHe will have a good career and I like much of her stuff but not that witches costume.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 22nd 2010, 5:08 am

I felt bad for Michael but I do think the correct designers were in the bottom two. And given the life stories of those 4 individuals, it would have been devastating to any of them to go at this point.

Gretchen was abrasive through much of the season but she seemed more vulnerable and human lately. And frankly her clothes are things I might actually wear. Mondo's are fantastic but too "loud" for me. I am not tall enough to look good in Michael's drapey clothes. And Andy's warrior looks and pleats are just not me.

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 22nd 2010, 6:40 am

LaLa wrote:
I was upset at tonights ending as well. Wrong person went home.....not a fan of granola girl.

I cried too, so emotional.

i agree!! His were the most commercial to me and that is probably why but I think andy or gretchen should have gone...micheal will get my vote if there is a fan fave I am sure mondo will win

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 22nd 2010, 7:04 pm

jfan wrote:
I felt bad for Michael but I do think the correct designers were in the bottom two. And given the life stories of those 4 individuals, it would have been devastating to any of them to go at this point.

Gretchen was abrasive through much of the season but she seemed more vulnerable and human lately. And frankly her clothes are things I might actually wear. Mondo's are fantastic but too "loud" for me. I am not tall enough to look good in Michael's drapey clothes. And Andy's warrior looks and pleats are just not me.

I do agree with you on the highlighted text, jfan. I do think Gretchen is quite talented and will put together a fabulous show for the finale...can't wait to see it!! She disappointed me in a few of her designs, but for the most part I liked her clothing and could actually see myself buying her designs and wearing them! That's why I liked Chris too, but I don't think the judges appreciated his simplicity.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 22nd 2010, 9:37 pm

BUt this show isn't about ready wear, its about fashion. TOmato/TomAto...its all good. I just do not care for Gretchens silouettes.... PLus her obsession with that coppery rusty orange is annoying. Guess I am still tramatized by that color from the 70's growing up.....

Avacado Green, Harvest Gold ....LOL

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Nautica
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 23rd 2010, 1:58 am

I believe a lot of Micheal's big breakdown was very much an act. He was just way too theatrical and there were few actual tears. And i know editing is involved but he seemed to recover pretty quickly at the end. I still felt bad for him and wished he would have made it to fashion week. I thought his flowy dresses were pretty.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 23rd 2010, 7:12 am

I haven't seen the entire show yet, but I was reading a discussion between Marcallus, Daneille Rynes, and Monica and they were all three outraged by the show. They all really dislike Mondo. I found their discussion interesting because it was coming from three former reality peeps. They really got into it regarding Mondo's good edit, etc. I can't remember who's facebook page I was reading, but I didn't screen cap it because it felt like it was a private conversation, even though it was public... if that makes any sense. All three really hate Mondo and that is the first I had ever read about people hating Mondo!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 23rd 2010, 8:24 am

Moody wrote:
I haven't seen the entire show yet, but I was reading a discussion between Marcallus, Daneille Rynes, and Monica and they were all three outraged by the show. They all really dislike Mondo. I found their discussion interesting because it was coming from three former reality peeps. They really got into it regarding Mondo's good edit, etc. I can't remember who's facebook page I was reading, but I didn't screen cap it because it felt like it was a private conversation, even though it was public... if that makes any sense. All three really hate Mondo and that is the first I had ever read about people hating Mondo!

Wow, that's hard to believe. I don't know a single person in my real life circle who isn't cheering for Mondo.
Here at AABB has anyone expressed hate toward Mondo? There must be something going on about that.
He's getting a good edit because his story is compelling IMO. Also, I figure he is the winner, so they always
spend more time on who wins. Could it be jealousy? I'd believe it coming from Marjealous.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 23rd 2010, 7:11 pm

I have a like/dislike of Mondo. He was real jerk to Heidi in her challenge, but she does have a glib blunt honesty (or as Micheal Kors would say, "German") which could provoke a bad reaction. His clothes are not for me, but very few of the any of them are for me!

Mondos story is compelling, but we all have a compelling story IMO. Its all about the spin...

Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 24th 2010, 12:26 am

My problem with Gretchen's clothes is that they have a old look to them and I hate what she wears personally. In the mix of what I don't like, I usually find an outfit of hers I do like. I did like the new look she created especially because it was so unique from the back.

I was sad Michael went home, because I felt like he was the underdog. His feather dress had an awful fitting top.

Mondo's clothes have too much of a print for me, but he sews beautifully and he has style. I liked his dress with the polka dots. I think he should win.

Andy's clothes are too out there for me.

Cool

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 24th 2010, 4:43 am

But Runway clothes aren't really meant for everyday people.
Even the famous designers runway clothes are eventually adapted and changed for ready-to-wear.
Just think of the past winners... Jeffery, Christian, Irina, Seth Aaron... all of those people were really experimental and "out-there"

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 24th 2010, 6:07 am

I watched the full show last night. The Micheal scene was really strange. First we find out that his parents pretty much disowned him when his partner outed him as gay. Then when he got the boot, he was crying hysterically about "what will I say to my parents"? He had already made the decision to not involve them in the home town meeting with Tim because of their stance regarding his sexuality. Michael didn't have tears, but I do believe he had that break-down. Since he couldn't gain acceptance from his parents being a gay man, I guess he was hoping to gain their acceptance by winning Project Runway?

I was trying to be objective when looking at the 4 designers outfits and I kind of hated all of them! My favorite pieces were the last minute pieces Mondo and Gretchen and Micheal pulled together. I hated Andy's collection, thought it was awful.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 24th 2010, 11:04 am

Worst season for me. From the contestants (most unlikeable cast ever) to the clothes, it was just awful and boring. It might be just me, I couldn't get into this season.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 25th 2010, 4:49 am

Peaches wrote:
Worst season for me. From the contestants (most unlikeable cast ever) to the clothes, it was just awful and boring. It might be just me, I couldn't get into this season.

I like the cast, the garments are questionable.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 25th 2010, 6:41 am

I have only seen a few of the episodes but I check the website and here for updates. Good description of the personalities and designs. I was surprised Chris was released. I thought he was the favorite child. Curious to see how this played out with Bryant Park and all.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated. I wish there were enough hours in the day to watch all the shows I'd like.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 25th 2010, 9:31 pm

I finally watched the episode and thought Mike C should have stayed.
When their families came to visit, who came to visit Mike was it his mom or partner? I really can't remember. I thought that whole situation was sad. I felt bad for him about his family situation. But he made some very pretty dresses this season so I think he'll be fine. I'd like to see the other clothes he had in his collection.
I'd be surprised if Mondo didn't win.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 26th 2010, 6:50 am

I understand the empathy for Mike C. but I don't think a difficult family situation or life should ever be the deciding factor. Gretchen just had her whole life turned inside out with a relationship ending and losing her home; Mondo had just come out about his HIV status; Andy had the the whole emigrant family from Laos storyline. Not making it to fashion week would have devastated any of them and I don't see one person's pain as greater or less than anothers.

I know my ability to wear the clothes is not a deciding factor for who wins but it is generally one factor in picking who I will root for. It may be why my favorites seldom win Project Runway. I did pick Seth Allen though.

Speaking of Project Runway alumni, I liked Laura Bennett the season she was on. She wrote a book about her life and family that is funny and refreshing (her writing kind of reminds me of a current Erma Bombeck). The book is called "Don't I Feed You Yesterday?"

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 26th 2010, 12:04 pm

catty wrote:
When their families came to visit, who came to visit Mike was it his mom or partner? I really can't remember. I thought that whole situation was sad. I felt bad for him about his family situation. But he made some very pretty dresses this season so I think he'll be fine. I'd like to see the other clothes he had in his collection.

I'm confused about Mike C & his family situation because his mom did come on the family visit with his son and was supportive - I thought they had a good visit. Confusing me then with his breakdown after he was eliminated - would like to go back and rewatch that visit - I think he told his mom how he was disliked and she told him to try to get on people's good side? Was the breakdown then an act - like someone above said - drama for the cameras?

I love Mondo's clothes - but was disappointed in what I saw him making for the final collection - prints too big, etc. That polka dot dress was not my favorite - but still - hope he wins!!!

They have made Gretchen a little more likeable in her recent edits -

Looking forward to the finale!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 26th 2010, 12:36 pm

Does anyone know the story on Michael C's son? Was he married before, like his parents wanted him to be? Or is he adopted with his partner?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 26th 2010, 5:40 pm

butterfly3851 wrote:
catty wrote:

I'm confused about Mike C & his family situation because his mom did come on the family visit with his son and was supportive - I thought they had a good visit. Confusing me then with his breakdown after he was eliminated - would like to go back and rewatch that visit - I think he told his mom how he was disliked and she told him to try to get on people's good side? Was the breakdown then an act - like someone above said - drama for the cameras?

Thanks. I thought it was his mother and it seemed like they were fine. In this last episode his partner said his parents have been supportive recently because of the tv show. Maybe that is why Mike brokedown...he wasn't sure if they would continue to be supportive or go back to what it used to be before the tv show.

jfan--I actually thought Mike C's dress was gorgeous. I haven't really liked Gretchen's work this season but I think it's me not knowing fashion lol. The judges obviously see something there. I liked Andy's bathing suit/lingerie number but that was it. I guess I preferred Mike's dress (the long flowy number) and the pantst/top over Andy's stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   

Back to top Go down

Project Runway Season 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: