Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 17th 2010, 2:41 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Love Mondo
Gretchen. - yuck

I love Mondo too and Gretchen is yuck. I caught up on Project Runway last weekend and I couldn't believe how ganglike and snotty these designers were. Poor Michael. I really appreciated Mondo working with Michael hesitantantly at first and than turned around his opinion and admitted he was wrong.

Cool
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14478
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 17th 2010, 4:09 pm

I love Mondo also.

Why does Gretchen always use beige/brown?

I felt bad for Andy when Heidi laughed at his outfit. Jackie would not have worn it, but to laugh at it was rude. It bothered me for some reason.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 17th 2010, 4:23 pm

i loved mondos look las night and i like micheal c, but not many others, I actually liked Cassanovas look and thought he should NOT be eliminated

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 18th 2010, 10:20 am

Yes, we did miss Cassanova in the last episode - he was a good buffer for all the egos this year! It's worse this season than ever. I would have loved to see his Jackie O look!

I'm not a seamstress or designer but seems like every season they have one designer that is good at the draping technique that Michael is doing - I guess that's totally different from the trained designers that go to Parsons. And seems like the judges always like the draping stuff. And I thought Michael would be in trouble this week because his dress was more cocktail that sportswear. And aren't all the past draping designers named Michael? ???????

That skirt that went home was absolutely hideous (forgot the designer's name) -

When I saw Mondo's fabric selection early in the episode - I thought he was in trouble. I also loved what he did the episode before that got him in trouble = the resort wear. Love how he puts colors together!

I do think the challenges are great this year- didn't they do good with the party store stuff? Very creative designers! I miss it on Bravo with the episodes reairing all the time to watch them again....
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 18th 2010, 12:10 pm

Who won and the Jackie O challenge? I fell asleep at the very end.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 18th 2010, 5:08 pm

Mondo won Smile

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 18th 2010, 5:42 pm

catty wrote:
Mondo won Smile

Fabo! Thanks Catty!
Back to top Go down
Nautica
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 24th 2010, 8:26 pm

and he won the 20,000 dollar challenge as well!

I hope he wins the whole thing. he is clearly the best.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 25th 2010, 7:54 pm

clearly mondo was the winner in this episode but i have to say some of those designs i was definitely like WTF!!!
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 25th 2010, 10:01 pm

I hated Gretchen's outfits - surprised she was in the top - don't know what they liked about it.

Loved Mondo's! He's a quirky dude!!!

The young blonde (forgotten her name) - figured out early that the two days to work on one outfit probably was not going to happen - she was smart - working as fast as she could on the first outfit.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 25th 2010, 10:17 pm

butterfly3851 wrote:
I hated Gretchen's outfits - surprised she was in the top - don't know what they liked about it.

Loved Mondo's! He's a quirky dude!!!

The young blonde (forgotten her name) - figured out early that the two days to work on one outfit probably was not going to happen - she was smart - working as fast as she could on the first outfit.

i am certainly not a trained eye when it come to fashion and i know eveyone's style is different but i was a little surprised by the tops this episode.

Gretchen's was horrible,
Andy's i don't know what that was
Mondo's loved!
but even Cristopher that was safe, i thought his looked like he wrapped toilet paper around the middle of his dress.

i actually liked most of their ready to wear outfits then their high fashin look.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 26th 2010, 10:33 pm

How I love Mondo <3

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 27th 2010, 4:56 am

I love Mondo too. Especially when you think back to the beginning of the season and he talks about not being accepted by people, and being a loner.

I was SHOCKED Ivy was booted, because London had posted the designers final collections I thought she went further. I forgot the name of the other woman that was in the bottom two, but I thought for sure she was a goner. Gretchen's dress didn't show well on TV, but I think maybe in real life it would have been interesting?
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 27th 2010, 6:20 am

Moody wrote:
I love Mondo too. Especially when you think back to the beginning of the season and he talks about not being accepted by people, and being a loner.

I was SHOCKED Ivy was booted, because London had posted the designers final collections I thought she went further. I forgot the name of the other woman that was in the bottom two, but I thought for sure she was a goner. Gretchen's dress didn't show well on TV, but I think maybe in real life it would have been interesting?
i also love the fact that he can call himself out when he is being a bitch! and I actually liked micheal Cs dress except for the wired hemline...blech

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 27th 2010, 7:52 am

Mondo is definately my favorite. I like Andy as well. The only female I would really like to get to fashion week is April.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 27th 2010, 8:13 am

i think the top 6 or 8 all go to Fashion Week just to throw off who is the Top 3.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 27th 2010, 8:22 am

I also love Mondo and his work! His designs last week were fabulous!! I thought the same thing about Gretchen's dress...that I bet it looks a lot better in person, that it loses something on the screen. Even though I have liked Ivy's designs throughout this season, I was glad she went home. She is a negative person who thinks she's above everyone else. I also think April's designs are interesting...I don't always like them, but she is good! She'd be good in the F3.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 28th 2010, 10:24 pm

It looks so good. I hope it's no one in my avi.

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 29th 2010, 4:36 am

afraid "It's wrong, what he did".....

Isn't there spoilers anywhere. I can't wait to find out.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 29th 2010, 6:21 am

Intrigue! A slew of ideas ran through my mind... from someone submitting another designer's portfolio as their own when they applied for the show, to tinkering with another contestant's project or lying about their experience?

If you find any spoilers Moody, share please demon banana
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35311
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 29th 2010, 6:28 am

Mappy wrote:
Intrigue! A slew of ideas ran through my mind... from someone submitting another designer's portfolio as their own when they applied for the show, to tinkering with another contestant's project or lying about their experience?

I looked and looked for spoilers and couldn't find any. There is a lot of speculation that the producers are exaggerating it.
A lot of people hope that Gretchen accuses someone of stealing her ideas....and it turns out they didn't.
There is a lot of Gretchen hate on some of the sites I read....and a lot of Mondo love.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 29th 2010, 8:10 am

I'm just hoping it's not Michael C. and that was why there was this big build up of everyone not liking him or thinking he sucks. I never understood the Michael C. hate watching the season so far, and they never really showed anything so that is my fear.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 29th 2010, 9:00 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Mappy wrote:

I looked and looked for spoilers and couldn't find any. There is a lot of speculation that the producers are exaggerating it.
A lot of people hope that Gretchen accuses someone of stealing her ideas....and it turns out they didn't.
There is a lot of Gretchen hate on some of the sites I read....and a lot of Mondo love.

Thanks Nancy. Guess production is trying to build up a frenzy for the finale but I would prefer some real dirt lol!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 29th 2010, 5:36 pm

bergen wrote:
I'm just hoping it's not Michael C. and that was why there was this big build up of everyone not liking him or thinking he sucks. I never understood the Michael C. hate watching the season so far, and they never really showed anything so that is my fear.

Gosh I hope it has nothing to do with him either.

I wouldn't put it past the producers to exaggerate the situation. Reality shows need drama afterall.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 30th 2010, 6:18 pm

I have to record this because of football, but don't forget to watch... lol
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 30th 2010, 7:41 pm

Team Mondo, as well...
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 30th 2010, 9:28 pm

I'm watching the episode, but did I miss something...they didn't show any cheating. I was in and out watching so maybe I missed something scratch I recorded it so I'm going to watch it again later.

I love Mondo and this episode made me love him more. It took a lot for him to reveal he is HIV +. I'm glad he won again Smile

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 30th 2010, 9:40 pm

very sad but inspiring episode! My heart broke for Mondo and his story.

There was no cheating scenario in tonights episode, the previews for next week show it, but gosh damm they have been showing it in commercials for the past few weeks. I have a feeling though it involves michael c.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 30th 2010, 9:45 pm

They are really milking this cheating episode. It's kind of pissing me off already. And I think you're right...it will involve Michael C.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   September 30th 2010, 9:54 pm

catty wrote:
They are really milking this cheating episode. It's kind of pissing me off already. And I think you're right...it will involve Michael C.

it has to be, i am so not getting this edit of him, everyone hates him all season and basically thinks he sucks, and now tonight they all love him. I don't know what the hell is going on.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 1st 2010, 9:35 am

WOW. This last episode made me in tears from beginning to end. Mondo is turning out to be the super star of Project Runway this season.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 1st 2010, 10:18 am

Moody wrote:
WOW. This last episode made me in tears from beginning to end. Mondo is turning out to be the super star of Project Runway this season.

His story is heartbreaking and at the same time heart-warming. On top of it all, he is far and away the best designer ( IMO)

Final three: April, Gretchen, Mondo - lol - I guess that's not a big stretch.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 1st 2010, 1:35 pm

Moody wrote:

I just finished watching the episode, and now I have a major headache from crying so much.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 1st 2010, 2:34 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Moody wrote:

His story is heartbreaking and at the same time heart-warming. On top of it all, he is far and away the best designer ( IMO)

Final three: April, Gretchen, Mondo - lol - I guess that's not a big stretch.

I could see that final 3
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 1st 2010, 5:11 pm

blondie55 wrote:
Moody wrote:

I just finished watching the episode, and now I have a major headache from crying so much.

Me too. I've been crying for two days. Project Runway and then the Rutgers student who commited suicide. I'm telling you I watch reality shows to get away from serious stuff and then Mondo comes along and makes me cry all over again.
I hope Mondo wins it all Smile

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 1st 2010, 6:52 pm

I too hope Mondo wins it all...he is so talented. I just wanted to reach into the tv last night and hug him.
I could see April and Gretchen in the F3 as well. I personally don't care for Gretchen... I have really liked Chris's designs, but the judges seem to not like him. I like the simplicity of his designs. I hope Andy goes next. He bugs me!!
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 4th 2010, 10:28 pm

Wow - just watched the episode today! One of my favorite episodes ever! Lots of tears for Mondo. I think even if something happens and he isn't the winner of Project Runway - hopefully lots of good things are in store for him. I hope he has good health care and has been taking care of himself.

Tim Gunn was crying in the episode before he even heard Mondo's health news - what a sweet man he is.

I'm so glad the show has expanded to an hour and a half - we've seem so much more of their personalities - especially Mondo. I'd like now to go back and watch the first few episodes to see how shy Mondo was at first. I miss PR being on Bravo and having the marathons.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 7:53 am

just a reminder fro tonight's show. I want to say it's the "cheating" episode but i also have been saying that for a month now.

Go MONDO!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 9:03 am

bergen wrote:
just a reminder fro tonight's show. I want to say it's the "cheating" episode but i also have been saying that for a month now.

Go MONDO!

Tonight has GOT to be the cheating episode.. but the previews are ridiculous, Ivy is still in the, Gretchen looks like she is throwing something... I am afraid it is going to be Michael C.
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   October 7th 2010, 11:19 am

Moody wrote:
bergen wrote:

Go MONDO!

Tonight has GOT to be the cheating episode.. but the previews are ridiculous, Ivy is still in the, Gretchen looks like she is throwing something... I am afraid it is going to be Michael C.

Me, too! Sad I might be alone, but I really like Michael C - I don't want him to be a cheater.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway Season 8   

Back to top Go down

Project Runway Season 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: