View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:18 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
By the way did Chris really buy Ali a Cape Cod bracelet?

Because that is adorable and they are really popular around here. I got my mom one once for a gift.

I like the local boy, but I am rooting for Roberto.

He kept calling it a Dentist bracelet? A Dennis bracelet? The words Cape Cod never escaped his cute lips.
Please use your East Coast knowledge to clear this up for me, because we rewound it six times to figure out what the hell he was saying.
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:21 pm

Frances wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
sammieso wrote:
I keep thinking poor Chelsie, what she must of had to go through on Dancing with the Stars.

Agreed! I kept saying "You did this to Chelsie!" and my husband kept saying "Who the hell is Chelsie?"

Also, I stand by my previous statements vis a vis Jake is a giant douche and has a teeny tiny peeny.

I was uncomfortable watching Jake with Chelsie on DWTS. The way he would talk to her was horrendous and creepy.

Was this the same Chelsie from So You Think You Can Dance?
Yes it is. She is so cute.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:21 pm

I didn't even watch this season or most of the last one. I am no better than any of them, I just tuned in to watch the fight!!!! Know little of the history.

Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:22 pm

Erin watched it too. Wonder what she thinks about Jake now?

ErinAndrewsESPN

@mortreport I haven't moved in 30 mins..I'm disgusted w/ myself watching this..

Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:23 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:

Because that is adorable and they are really popular around here. I got my mom one once for a gift.

He kept calling it a Dentist bracelet? A Dennis bracelet? The words Cape Cod never escaped his cute lips.
Please use your East Coast knowledge to clear this up for me, because we rewound it six times to figure out what the hell he was saying.

It can be called both. Most commonly called a Cape Cod Bracelet, but it is also referred to as a Dennis bracelet. It is part of the local jewelry of the Cape and they have become super popular all over Mass. over the past decade.

Last edited by Jessalyn on July 5th 2010, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:25 pm

No, Nancy, they weren't false...her hubby finally ended up doing an interview after being hounded by the tabloids, he gave only one interview and it was in People (or US, one of the more reputable gossip magazines)...he said the stories were true and he was hurt for a long time but he is doing great now.
I totally believe her ex-husband.

Last edited by Wildebeest on July 5th 2010, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:26 pm

bamajen wrote:
Erin watched it too. Wonder what she thinks about Jake now?

ErinAndrewsESPN

@mortreport I haven't moved in 30 mins..I'm disgusted w/ myself watching this..
I wonder how many of the cast members watched.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:26 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:

Dennis is down the Cape...a really cute little town.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:28 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
xubaby2000 wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:

Dennis is down the Cape...a really cute little town.

I also recommend Sandwich and P-Town.

Yeah the Dennis-Yarmouth area of the Cape is adorable.

I also recommend Sandwich and P-Town.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:31 pm

I love Dennis, Jessalyn, I love all the little quaint towns down the Cape!

Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:34 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:

Dennis is an area of Cape Cod.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:35 pm

I know you all love Chris, but I find him too nervous and self-conscious. I like a man to be more confident. He is cute though.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:38 pm

thatgirl wrote:
I know you all love Chris, but I find him too nervous and self-conscious. I like a man to be more confident. He is cute though.

He is definitely nervous (he gets that cute little red in his face) but did you see when they were in the wine cellar talking about him being nervous ...he motioned to the cameras meaning that is why he is nervous.

He is adorable!
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:38 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

Cape Cod is awesome. My friend's uncle had a cute little beach house (more like a shack) in Sandwich so we went down there for weekends a lot.

Depending on the traffic, it is only a 45 minute to an hour drive for me to a lot of the great spots on the Cape.

Provincetown is a lot further, but so worth it.

And there is always the ferry to Martha's Vineyard which is amazing/gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:40 pm

blondie55 wrote:
If it were me... I'd pick Kirk right now and call it a day. dancing penguin

Kirk is a solid guy. He is by far the most mature, articulate and confident. However, I didn't see any chemistry on her part tonight while they were kissing. He will make someone a great husband one day.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:43 pm

Frances wrote:
I don't know Jake or Vienna but she sounds convincing to me. What do you all think?

She seemed very convincing, but he does have a point about her not letting him get a word in edgewise. That undermining crap is just a symptom of his big, fat , insecure male ego.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:44 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

Cape Cod is awesome. My friend's uncle had a cute little beach house (more like a shack) in Sandwich so we went down there for weekends a lot.

Depending on the traffic, it is only a 45 minute to an hour drive for me to a lot of the great spots on the Cape.

Provincetown is a lot further, but so worth it.

And there is always the ferry to Martha's Vineyard which is amazing/gorgeous.

I love going to the Cape for a long weekend, Jessalyn ...I just hate going over the Sagamore bridge, I don't know why but it gives me the woogies. scared
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:46 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

He is definitely nervous (he gets that cute little red in his face) but did you see when they were in the wine cellar talking about him being nervous ...he motioned to the cameras meaning that is why he is nervous.

He is adorable!

I love Chris. I love Roberto. Either guy is fine with me. But I still don't think she's with either of them, she's got a new man I think.

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:53 pm

lovin wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

He is adorable!

I love Chris. I love Roberto. Either guy is fine with me. But I still don't think she's with either of them, she's got a new man I think.

Don't look at the spoiler, thatbrat!!

Amy, I thought it was said that she is planning a wedding already....
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:54 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
lovin wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

He is adorable!

Don't look at the spoiler, thatbrat!!

Amy, I thought it was said that she is planning a wedding already....
Spoiler:

I read that too Moe, but I still am not so sure I believe it. We'll see!??

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:57 pm

I thought I would enjoy watching the Vienna and Jake face off tonight and I was wrong.

Why did it have to take up the entire last half of this important episode before HTD's?

Ali was drunk the entire time, Frank was looking for an out and she didn't get it.

Roberto is hot and sweet, but Ali is so insecure she will not open her eyes to it.

Kirk will make a women very happy some day if Ali does not pick him. He was trying to support her and she was the meanest person.

Chris L is a warm and caring soul who deserves someone that wants to enjoy life.

When Ali laughs I want to scream. She has really made me do a 180 on the way I felt about her last season.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 9:57 pm

Lindsey Grant addresses divorce comments made
about their marriage by Ty Brown on The Bachelorette http://starcasm.net/archives/54852

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 10:12 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Wendi wrote:
I am sorry bu I don't think this girl is that good an actress, she is very very hurt. She is all over the place, not as articulate and calculatting as someone who is did this to seek attention would be.

Jake is a snake!

Wendi, did you ever read those stories about Vienna? She denied things but her ex-husband did an interview and backed up all the stories that she said were lies.
Her ex-hubby was a soldier serving in Iraq...while he was in Iraq she cleaned out their savings and cheated on him with one of his friends.

Vienna is a classless fame monger.
Jake is a classless fame monger...but at least he didn't sell out their story for money.

Good riddance, Jake and Vienna...now stay off my TV.

I haven't paid attention to them so I'm unaware of a lot of things. I always take stories from these mags with ahuge grain of salt anyway. Even if they have the truth to work with, they stretch it.

Going by tonights interview alone, I saw a young girl who got herself into a hot mess. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she is innocent, far from it actually. She signed up for a show where you have to vey with dozens of other women for a stranger's affection so there is no two ways that she likes and seeks out the attention but that doesn't make her hurt and disappointment any less real and painful. Underneath all
the imperfections she is still just a miquided young girl. She has room to grow up, can't say the same for the ape that was sitting next to her.

As for selling her side of the story, I think she was motivated by several things. Money and exposure are sure bets but I also think she wanted to beat him to the
punch, claim some control of how the story was going to
break. Kudos to her for taking the initiative, she just beat him at his own game.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 10:26 pm

Have you seen Vienna's audition tape to get on the Bachelor? She wanted to go on the show to be famous and I guess she has achieved that.

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 10:31 pm

Wendi, Jake is a fame monger...no doubt.
But I have to say this...he would have wanted to keep up his "act" of the perfect gentleman so I don't think he would have ran to a magazine to sell their story.
He would do one of those sighing "it was just not working but I still think Vienna is a wonderful girl blah blah blah" if he was asked about the break-up.
He is too much of an egomaniac to admit he has faults in anything ...including his relationships.
So her excuse for running to sell her story before him was ridiculous and just makes her look exactly like Jake...a total jackass that can put on the crocodile tears at the drop of a hat.

Too bad thay broke up, they were a perfect couple because they were sooooo much alike! Laughing
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 10:42 pm

I wish Vienna had owned up to wanting an entertainment career - that was what stood out to me the most on her part as seeming like a lie tonight.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 10:48 pm

Well based on the sites I have been...Vienna def. won that battle.

People who hated her even say they feel bad for her now.

The consensus of the places I have visited is that Jake is an emotionally abusive douchebag.
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 10:49 pm

I haven't watched the Jake/Vienna part yet, but I hate both of them and hope this is the last we have seen of them.

My thoughts on tonights show were Roberto is HOT HOT HOT!

Chris is a really good guy and he does get nervous but I think his quiet confidence is coming out more and more.

Allie seems to have problems opening up herself. You never know if it's the cameras or not, but it doesn't seem like any of them have really deep connections with her. The only one I can see much chemistry with is Roberto and it seems mostly physical.
Back to top Go down
Wendi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 11:15 pm

They can't have deep connections with her because she is as fake as they come. She could give Jake a run for his money on just how fake she is coming off. The times I watched her season I wanted her to quit with that fake giggle in the worse way possible.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 5th 2010, 11:36 pm

West Coaster here, I am maybe 10 minutes into the Jake/Vienna show, I did not watch the Bachelor with Jake, but Jake is an asshole.

I would love to be in that studio so I could smack that fucking smirk off his face!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 2:41 am

Jessalyn wrote:
Well based on the sites I have been...Vienna def. won that battle.

People who hated her even say they feel bad for her now.

The consensus of the places I have visited is that Jake is an emotionally abusive douchebag.

I wonder if people who say she won tonight will have these same feelings when she shows up on their favorite TV show as a guest?

IMO they both lost because they made this so public.

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 5:51 am

One example of a "Dennis" bracelet. Apparently they are characterized by a threaded screwball clasp?

Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 7:15 am

I didn't think is was possible to dislike Jake more than I already did. Like I said in the other thread, Vienna was the exact same person we saw on the show. He choose her because he thought she would kiss his ass and clean up after him. Sounds like he lost interest in her when he was busy with DWTS, she was too needy for his taste. He was very rejecting and probably wanted out very soon after his acting career took off. She got revenge by going to the tabloids. I love that she did that. She deserved some money too. Her character was smeared for months during the airing of her season and she stayed quiet. She knew it was over, and in her own hurt and desperation got revenge. He picked her.....
Back to top Go down
minnyace01
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 10:05 am

Wildebeest wrote:
Wendi, Jake is a fame monger...no doubt.
But I have to say this...he would have wanted to keep up his "act" of the perfect gentleman so I don't think he would have ran to a magazine to sell their story.
He would do one of those sighing "it was just not working but I still think Vienna is a wonderful girl blah blah blah" if he was asked about the break-up.
He is too much of an egomaniac to admit he has faults in anything ...including his relationships.
So her excuse for running to sell her story before him was ridiculous and just makes her look exactly like Jake...a total jackass that can put on the crocodile tears at the drop of a hat.

Too bad thay broke up, they were a perfect couple because they were sooooo much alike! Laughing

Completely agree. What people seem to forget is that this relationship was a sham from the start. There never was a relationship between the two of them. He was required to select someone to be with for a period of time. You can't tell me that she didn't understand this. They both wanted to extend their 15 minutes; he was more successful than she was in doing so and now she is unhappy. She is now acting just like another scorned bachelorette who parlayed her way to what she wanted when she came on the show. Being able to cry on command is very beneficial to swaying public perception.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 10:39 am

Moody wrote:
I didn't think is was possible to dislike Jake more than I already did. Like I said in the other thread, Vienna was the exact same person we saw on the show. He choose her because he thought she would kiss his ass and clean up after him. Sounds like he lost interest in her when he was busy with DWTS, she was too needy for his taste. He was very rejecting and probably wanted out very soon after his acting career took off. She got revenge by going to the tabloids. I love that she did that. She deserved some money too. Her character was smeared for months during the airing of her season and she stayed quiet. She knew it was over, and in her own hurt and desperation got revenge. He picked her.....

ITA about her deserving some money out of it... I'm glad she was smart enough to get paid for her story.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 11:48 am

thatgirl wrote:

Not all of us, thatgirl. Some of us (me) think Chris is a scripted little company boy, who wouldn't dare express an opinion of his own. He'd do well to take a note or two from the hosts of Survivor and Amazing Race. Shame on Chris and shame on ABC for airing that interview, last night. Jake is an even bigger jerk than I suspected. Vienna has issues of her own, but she didn't deserve what she got from the two of them, last night.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 11:57 am

Oops. I was thinking of the host when I posted that little diatribe above. You figured that out, though, didn't you? Not a lot of love for him at my house.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 12:03 pm

Moody wrote:

I so agree Moody, Vienna is only 23 she is very young Jake is 31....He treated her like a child instead of an equal... Telling her to shut up is very demeaning,If he talked to her like that on camera just imagine how he spoke to her when no camera were rolling..He has angry issue, all the women in my office who watched this liked Jake at one time now they think he is a jerk......

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 12:30 pm

I just finished watching the Jake and Vienna interview, and my reaction is, Jake is an ass. I couldn't stand Vienna on the show, she was my least favorite. In the interview she seemed very believable, while Jake's smirk, his arrogant behavior and just his over all demeanor turned me off. He wants a woman who will do whatever he wants and not question a thing he says.

That being said, I hope they both disappear and we don't have to see either of them again.
Back to top Go down
BarbaraAnn
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   July 6th 2010, 1:11 pm

inkydinkydoo wrote:
Oops. I was thinking of the host when I posted that little diatribe above. You figured that out, though, didn't you? Not a lot of love for him at my house.

lol!

Got to the phrase "...Chris is a scripted little company boy" , went scratch and then the light bulb went off and I knew exactly what you meant.

Inky, heading to WDW in 18 days and counting!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 Bachelorette/Vienna & Jake Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: