Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 12:08 pm

I think she looks great, especially having survived cancer and ongoing family drama. I really wish she would DOR though
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 15009
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 12:59 pm

Mappy wrote:
I think she looks great, especially having survived cancer and ongoing family drama. I really wish she would DOR though

I think she looks good too. Don't we all want her to leave. I think she is the fakest or most two- faced person in that house.

Number of posts : 16470
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 1:09 pm

I think she's a great looking woman and she's endured a lot but BB isn't her game. (at least I see little evidence of it so far) Maybe she'll get spurred on by this week's events and start to become more involved in the game.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 1:20 pm

I admire Kathy,

she is emotionally strong person, she is not dumb she had to know going in she would not be strongest, smartest. Add to that she is playing with people so young, some her son's age.
She has to know she can not out play this bunch on physical level or the "click" level or on her looks. The only chance she has is to do just what she is doing, for lack of better word, slide in like a snake and not rattle, not look dangerous. for everyone to think, "we can always get rid of Kathy she is nothing". til it was too late.
She has to be aware of the dismissive attitude that most of the guys and lot of the girls have for her. But make no mistake she is biting her tongue and fighting her emotions and her illness everyday, heck every min to give her son a future that she might not be around to give him.

There is so much more, but will shut up. just want to say;
She is one of the bravest woman I have ever seen. More than me. I don't have the fortitude that she does. She is fighting a battle that most have no clue about, won't give her credit for and where she will receive mostly derision and disdain if she succeeds. But she still does it for her son's future. I wish I were more like her.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 1:34 pm

mimTN wrote:
I admire Kathy,

she is emotionally strong person, she is not dumb she had to know going in she would not be strongest, smartest. Add to that she is playing with people so young, some her son's age.
She has to know she can not out play this bunch on physical level or the "click" level or on her looks. The only chance she has is to do just what she is doing, for lack of better word, slide in like a snake and not rattle, not look dangerous. for everyone to think, "we can always get rid of Kathy she is nothing". til it was too late.
She has to be aware of the dismissive attitude that most of the guys and lot of the girls have for her. But make no mistake she is biting her tongue and fighting her emotions and her illness everyday, heck every min to give her son a future that she might not be around to give him.

She is one of the bravest woman I have ever seen. More than me. I don't have the fortitude that she does. She is fighting a battle that most have no clue about, won't give her credit for and where she will receive mostly derision and disdain if she succeeds. But she still does it for her son's future. I wish I were more like her.

Great post mim, I totally agree. You more than anyone are aware of what Kathy has gone through in her battle with cancer.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 2:15 pm

Gracie wrote:
mimTN wrote:
I admire Kathy,

Great post mim, I totally agree. You more than anyone are aware of what Kathy has gone through in her battle with cancer.
tens
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 2:25 pm

After everything Kathy has been through in life I think being in the BB house is her break from life. Kathy's not worried about a silly game, she made jury so it's gravy from here.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 4:18 pm

I would rather Kathy win then a lot of the house guests left.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25135

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 4:22 pm

I wish only good things for her when she leaves the house, but I want her to leave the house.
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 4:25 pm

KayS wrote:
I wish only good things for her when she leaves the house, but I want her to leave the house.

This is how I feel, too. She seems like a nice lady but she adds less than nothing to the game - I will be happy when she's gone.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 4:28 pm

KayS wrote:

this
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 15009
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 6:11 pm

KayS wrote:

Same here.

I wish good things for everyone when they leave the house. It is a game afterall and real life is real life.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 6:43 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
She has a son who will be 23 this year. I think that has something to do with how old she acts.

I don't think she looks 50 at all. The hair color and condition are aging but in the close ups to her face I think she looks very good for someone who has undergone chemotherapy, is on medication and is outside a lot. The severe bruising she continues to get are indicative of the type of medication she is on.

I can see why people don't like her game but I fail to understand the extreme dislike for her.

I admire anyone that can face challenges and keep on persevering.

For those who don't know anything about her here are a few examples:

Father deserted her family when she was 2
Got pregnant in high school and as there is not an alternative school just had to keep attending and tolerate the ridicule (and this was ca. 1987 in a conservative town)
Ovarian Cancer at 32 - so severe she was told to put her affairs in order
Survived and became a Deputy Sheriff and has risen to the rank of Sgt.
Raised a son alone
Earns 27k a year at a job that is dangerous, Miller county is very rural and drug and gun running hideouts are common
The meds she has to take can cause leukemia

So if she is terrible at the game, which I agree she is, it doesn't matter to me. I admire that she just gets up everyday and keeps on plugging.

I agree, great post.
She may not be a BB star but she's very admirable in her own way, and when they all sit around and make fun of her, it really makes me sick.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 7:18 pm

catty wrote:
KayS wrote:

Same here.

I wish good things for everyone when they leave the house. It is a game afterall and real life is real life.

I agree, don't think the person with the most tragic story should win, real or lied about.
Part of BB is deception, Kathy is not doing anything anyone else is not doing, she is just not as cute, slick or funny at it as others. She is playing the deception, scheming part of game the best she can. She is more clumsy at it but I suspect that may be because she has not had as much practice.
If she goes to jury house next week I will be good.
Back to top Go down
mandi
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 7:22 pm

KayS wrote:

I feel exactly the same way. It's not cool that she gets bashed in the house so much but I don't think she adds much to the game. It does feel like she might make it F4 or F3 though. sigh

She was one of my pre-show favorites. Oh boy I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12117
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 7:49 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
She has a son who will be 23 this year. I think that has something to do with how old she acts.

I don't think she looks 50 at all. The hair color and condition are aging but in the close ups to her face I think she looks very good for someone who has undergone chemotherapy, is on medication and is outside a lot. The severe bruising she continues to get are indicative of the type of medication she is on.

I can see why people don't like her game but I fail to understand the extreme dislike for her.

Got pregnant in high school and as there is not an alternative school just had to keep attending and tolerate the ridicule (and this was ca. 1987 in a conservative town)
Raised a son alone
Earns 27k a year at a job that is dangerous, Miller county is very rural and drug and gun running hideouts are common

So if she is terrible at the game, which I agree she is, it doesn't matter to me. I admire that she just gets up everyday and keeps on plugging.

I can attest to the horror that is Ovarian cancer. My mom suffered through a very long, painful, crippling year and half before she passed away from this horrific disease. She was sixty-three years old. The survival rate for this particular cancer is not very high. That Kathy battled and survived is glorious in my opinion. This has nothing to do with the game for me. It does my heart good to know another mother is living to the fullest. Go, Kathy!
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 8:06 pm

Frances wrote:
memphisbelle wrote:

Raised a son alone

I can attest to the horror that is Ovarian cancer. My mom suffered through a very long, painful, crippling year and half before she passed away from this horrific disease. She was sixty-three years old. The survival rate for this particular cancer is not very high. That Kathy battled and survived is glorious in my opinion. This has nothing to do with the game for me. It does my heart good to know another mother is living to the fullest. Go, Kathy!
My mom died from that type of cancer as well- it was quick (4 months) and very brutal. I guess this keeps me admiring Kathy as well despite her BB skills, because most do not survive that particular type. I hope she stays healthy
to you Frances

Number of posts : 12117
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 8:22 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:
Frances wrote:

My mom died from that type of cancer as well- it was quick (4 months) and very brutal. I guess this keeps me admiring Kathy as well despite her BB skills, because most do not survive that particular type. I hope she stays healthy
to you Frances

RR, we have a bond. Hug wrap up in arms

Your word choice, "brutal" about sums up the ravages caused by this disease and the treatment. Six months before she died my mother didn't even know who I was, she thought I was her baby sister.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 9:09 pm

What's wrong with her 23 year old son that he needs "supporting"?
Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 3rd 2010, 10:15 pm

Moody wrote:

He keeps firing his employers.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 3:48 am

I liked Kathy at first, but when someone wins HOH, they have to put 2 people on the block. It seems like she forgets this is a game they all are playing.

I know she's been thru alot, and I'm sure the late nights get to her, but it seems like everytime I see her when she is talking with others, she is laying down. I'll be glad to see her go and I wish Kristen would have made it to the jury in Kathy's place. Kathy will vote on emotions rather than who is more deserving.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 8:10 am

BlueBonnet wrote:
Moody wrote:

He keeps firing his employers.

lol! Funny Blue

Kathy is playing for his future education.

Last edited by Mappy on August 4th 2010, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35538
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 8:43 am

She wants to give her son a better life.. she feels with a higher education he may be able to get it. A young person on his/her own can't get an education without some sort of help. Long gone are the days when you could work your way though.
You can get loans, but then you owe your soul for 20 more years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 11:50 am

I can't even imagine what it would be like to try to send a kid to college while supporting yourself and having medical expenses on $27,000 a year. For the job she does? That is ridiculous. Maybe the cost of living there is really low or something, lets hope so.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 1:43 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
She wants to give her son a better life.. she feels with a higher education he may be able to get it. A young person on his/her own can't get an education without some sort of help. Long gone are the days when you could work your way though.
tens
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 2:12 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

Her and the majority of America are in the same boat. I "sold my soul" for my education... just finished paying off $70,000 last year. I guess I just don't have the profound empathy for Kathy that some others have. Life is hard for most. For me it's the smoking that make me less empathic regarding the cancer.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 2:20 pm

Kathy annoys the hell out of me, but I worry about her health. There is something going on with all the exhaustion and bruising.
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 3:28 pm

This might explain Kathy a little better.
The mayor on the Texas side was in my class, the park was near my home and the guy who owns the restaurant used to be very handsome, lol. Kathy lives on the Arkansas side.

Town Straddles Two States - CBS News Video
www.cbsnews.com
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 4th 2010, 3:56 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 7th 2010, 6:09 pm

Kathy ~ Today you beat and took Rachel out of the POV, and wouldn't lower yourself to her level! Today Kathy you are my hero! cheers

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 7th 2010, 6:29 pm

Gracie wrote:
Kathy ~ Today you beat and took Rachel out of the POV, and wouldn't lower yourself to her level! Today Kathy you are my hero! cheers

bravo bravo bravo
Back to top Go down
spclone39

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 7th 2010, 6:34 pm

"Kathy, You go girrrrrl!!!" Proud you stood your ground and put Rachel in her place...

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 11th 2010, 4:05 am

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 3:55 am

I loved this scene, when Kathy wouldn't apologize. demon banana
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 7:08 am

I loved Kath in the bowling comp! She's not so weak after all- she was whipping those balls! awesome! And she took out Rachel!!!! Kath is having fun now. I'd love to see her win hoh.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3140
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 8:12 am

I love me some fiesty Kathy. It was so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 11:04 am

Kathy was awesome on the show last night! The look on her face as she threw that last ball was priceless. And her cheering when she won was even better than I imagined. lol I though Rachel was being dramatic but it did really seem like Kathy was happy that Rachel lost. Razz

And I think she looks so cute in that off-the-shoulder jean number she had on.
Back to top Go down
pdr
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 11:15 am

Im happy for Kathy, I think that POV is the boost she needed. Shes a have not too this week. She sits up, shes dressed, shes not clinging on to anybody or maybe thats because all the cling ons are gone. Sorry! JMO
Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 12:03 pm

Good job Kathy! I would cheer too if I knocked her out. Kathy had every right to be happy that she beat her and had nothing to apologize for.
Back to top Go down
balmoral
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   August 12th 2010, 12:36 pm

I need Katy to win HOH ,tonight,and go "sheriff" on the house,to save this season for me. I rely rely hope to see Katy in power.Somebody has to get this boys from their pedestal. My ideal final 3 are Katy,Britney,Regan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kathy Hillis   

Back to top Go down

Kathy Hillis
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 12-
Jump to: