Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 6:06 am

KyGirl wrote:
I hope he has to wear a pink unitard.

Me too!!

I liked him then when I heard him say "no pink or dolls in my house".... what the f*
Oh sorry, jackass, didn't know the world revolved around YOU!!

I feel so bad for his little daughter.
Back to top Go down
sammieso
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2367
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 7:16 am

KyGirl wrote:
I hope he has to wear a pink unitard.

Oh, I hope so.

Number of posts : 13238
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 7:41 am

LOL KyGirl...now that would be great.

SUN 8/7c WED 8/7c THUR 9/8c
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35535
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 8:54 am

I actually haven't watched his interview, but I'm not going to come down on him for the "pink or dolls" comment. Perhaps he leaves that up to her Mom.
Maybe she isn't interested anyway. My daughter never was. She preferred mechanical things, hated pink and dresses. Also he could give her other avenues of play and stimulation, like reading, trips, and intellectual pursuits. Some families are like that and some cultures are too. I'm not going to judge him on that since we have no idea about him as a father.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 9:07 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I actually haven't watched his interview, but I'm not going to come down on him for the "pink or dolls" comment. Perhaps he leaves that up to her Mom.
Maybe she isn't interested anyway. My daughter never was. She preferred mechanical things, hated pink and dresses. Also he could give her other avenues of play and stimulation, like reading, trips, and intellectual pursuits. Some families are like that and some cultures are too. I'm not going to judge him on that since we have no idea about him as a father.

Nancy, big difference with your daughter, you are a parent that would let your daughter decide what she was interested in...he made choices for his daughter...no dolls or pink in HIS house?
That is so icky to me!

My Dad would eat one of my Easy Bake Oven cakes (which were so gross and not cooked) and he let ME pick out what I wanted at toy stores...whether it be a doll or a game or more Easy Bake Oven mixes.
Back to top Go down
gmtbb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3733
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 9:48 am

I don't know how old his daughter is but maybe she doesnt care. I hated the color pink when I was younger and never cared for dolls or barbies (apparently I'd always give mine away to my older sister lol). I always preferred playing outdoors with my older siblings and when inside all I cared to do was color. I was obviously a tomboy. I also remember throwing temper tantrums every time my mother tried to make me wear a dress lol. Who knows? Maybe she's like that herself.

All parents make decisions for their kids. His is just a bit more unorthodox. (By the way, I haven't seen his interview.)
Back to top Go down
http://thecornertv.wordpress.com/
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35535
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 9:58 am

Wildebeest wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

Nancy, big difference with your daughter, you are a parent that would let your daughter decide what she was interested in...he made choices for his daughter...no dolls or pink in HIS house?
That is so icky to me!

My Dad would eat one of my Easy Bake Oven cakes (which were so gross and not cooked) and he let ME pick out what I wanted at toy stores...whether it be a doll or a game or more Easy Bake Oven mixes.

Well, but that was your family. How can I put this... have you ever noticed how some cultures, for example Asians, or Orthodox Jewish people want to stress other things that they feel are more valuable? So instead of spending time with dolls, they want to encourage learning activities. Perhaps he doesn't want to encourage stereotypical thinking in his house. What was good and "normal" in your family doesn't mean it's the thing to do in every family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 11:05 am

Nancy, in my home education/learning came first and "playing" always came second.
My parents always pushed us to learn more but they never said we couldn't have certain toys unless the toys weren't safe.

Andrew said his house was full of toys but NO dolls were allowed in his house or the color pink.
I just can't picture any little girl being told she couldn't have dolls in the house unless it was her choice not to want them.

Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 11:51 am

I just watched the interview... He is cuter when he is talking. Anywho... I wanted to get in the middle of the pink and dolls conversation. After watching the interview, I got the impression that the "no dolls" comment was very "off the cuff" as was the "pink" comment. He grew up in a home where no toys were allowed AT ALL. I am not even sure I believe him about the dolls and pink stuff. That is how off the cuff the comment appeared to me.

I am more interested in good looking women being his weakness. Then he squeezed in that they had to be Jewish.. though he seemed to be flirting with Chelsia (again I got the impression he was b/sing about them having to be Jewish). He admits that women are his weakness. I hope Rachel is Jewish. demon banana

So I don't think doll/pink issue is a big deal.. either way. I don't think he is trying to stimulate her intellectually and I don't think he is denying her something she wants. I think he talks out his ass a lot. That is what I got from the interview. He seems like a player, but I find him kind of attractive.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:11 pm

I agree that he's much more attractive on video than photos.

I also don't think the pink and no dolls issue is a big deal, especially when he said first and foremost that he likes to go toy shopping with his daughter.

I'm not feeling his formula of Kaysar+Will+George divided by Russell from Survivor to win BB. Obviously he only watched the show. Kaysar and George are the last people anyone should model their game after.

I hope Rachel is Jewish too. She's not blond, she claims she's smart and I'd like to see Andrew have a showmance just to have something fun to watch on the feeds that's not all game.

He's totally going to use the single father with a daughter angle to win over the audience. My impression of him has improved after watching his interview with Chelsia. He actually reminds me of a lot of guys I went to school with and grew up with in my neighborhood.

Last edited by mytwocents on July 5th 2010, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25135

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:13 pm

I'm trying to judge any of these houseguests too early on. We haven't even watched them on the feeds. I keep remembering thinking Dan was going to be such a firecracker and troublemaker, but he turned out to be wallpaper for most of the season, and won!
Back to top Go down
balmoral
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:14 pm

I am hoping Rachel is Jewish. I wont her to have pink bikini too. Evil Laugh
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:14 pm

Yeah, he is charming.. I see him sticking around.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25135

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:20 pm

I wouldn't mind one of the gals having a pink HOH like Janelle did! Evil Laugh
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:27 pm

I hate to say this but I think I am going to like Andrew.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
snow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:38 pm

I like him, but think he would look better with pink hair.

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:41 pm

I was one of the few hardcore BB9 fans and I was on TEAM PINK!!!! They were going to take over the planet until they crashed and burned. lol!
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:42 pm

Snow-you are fabulous!

I suddenly feel like singing Earth Angel.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:47 pm

Snow, you just got me belly-laughing!!!

Memphie and Moody....ummm....Andrew reminds me too much of Jason the Bachelor.
run away
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 1:02 pm

balmoral wrote:
I am hoping Rachel is Jewish. I wont her to have pink bikini too. Evil Laugh

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 1:03 pm

snow wrote:
I like him, but think he would look better with pink hair.

Well, fuckadoodledoooo! This unexpected chop allowed me to clean my computer screen and keyboard lol!
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 4:57 pm

I don't know that i'll like him but i'm thinking he will provide some entertainment for sure! Look, he already is! now i finally understand Moody's avatar.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 5:48 pm

I want to see him interact with the other hg's on the live feeds, but right now I still don't like him.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
snow

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3601
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 7:55 pm

I'm really amazed that he actually said in one of his interviews that he wouldn't want to be in the house with any Arabs. I don't point that out to start any political arguments on AABB, it just is an indication to me of what might be his inability to be open to people from different walks of life in the BB house. I understand that he might think that but I don't understand why he would say it to a national TV audience - but maybe BB egged him on? Who knows? I just don't think he'll make if far because of his inability to adapt. Plus, if they have competitions on Saturdays, he loses automatically because he refuses to play. I don't see that as a big advantage for him.

I have a feeling that Andrew is going to learn A WHOLE HECK OF A LOT about himself in this house because he's got so many hang-ups, prejudices, and ego problems.

Last edited by Washed Up on July 6th 2010, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 7:57 pm

Washed Up wrote:
I'm really amazed that he actually said in one of his interviews that he wouldn't want to be in the house with any Arabs. I don't point that out to start any political arguments on AABB, it just is an indication to me of what might be his inability to be open to people from different walks of life in the BB house. I understand that he might think that but I don't understand why he would say it to a national TV audience - but maybe BB egged him on? Who knows? I just don't think he'll make if far because of his inability to adapt. Plus, if they have competitions on Saturdays, he loses automatically because he refuses to play. I don't see that as a big advantage for him.

Didn't stop Streisand in Funny Girl Omar Sharif was dreamy in that movie and she took a lot of bunk because of it. Nicky Arnstein. Still love that movie.
Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:00 pm

Washed Up wrote:

He said that? Wow. Where is the interview? I want to see it. This guy is making enemies before he even enters the house.
Back to top Go down
JwHo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 955
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:01 pm

It would be awesome if BB went back to changing the HoH room for each houseguest. They should give Andrew this one...
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:03 pm

Washed I was shocked when I read that but I didn't know how to bring it up. Naming a race isn't the same as saying you wouldn't want to live with a Republican or a Democrat or whatever. I think he's going to have trouble in the house. Sweetpea this is what he said:

Quote :
Gordon told us he doesn't want to share space with any Arabs. States the doc: "I would have a problem with it politically."
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Meet-Big-Brother-1020187.aspx

Maybe they did creative editing with the quote or something?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:07 pm

JwHo wrote:

It would be awesome if BB went back to changing the HoH room for each houseguest. They should give Andrew this one...

lol!
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:36 pm

London wrote:
Washed I was shocked when I read that but I didn't know how to bring it up. Naming a race isn't the same as saying you wouldn't want to live with a Republican or a Democrat or whatever. I think he's going to have trouble in the house. Sweetpea this is what he said:

Quote :
Gordon told us he doesn't want to share space with any Arabs. States the doc: "I would have a problem with it politically."
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Meet-Big-Brother-1020187.aspx

Maybe they did creative editing with the quote or something?

I hope so. Otherwise that is intolerant crap

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2987
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:54 pm

I don't like him, well I don't like any of the new HG's. when he answered the question to whom he would NOT like to see in the house and would like to be in contact he said I don't like the stupid blond girls who thinks about how they look and stuff and you can he meant Jordan.... idiot, i'm sure if he lived with her he would've changed his mind about cause when you get to know her she's alot more than the stereotype, on the show they showed her with all her 'moments' and so little they showed her when she talked with Jeff and all, it's annoying me to see him say it cause you can see he means Jordan!!!!

I 'love' how they focusing about him being jewish, I get that there was never a jewish HG before but I don't care if he would not compete if it's on Shabat, i'm jewish but I don't do Shabat or keep kosher cause I don't believe in it, and I don't care but I guess it's interesting to see how he will manage in the house...
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 8:56 pm

surely there has been a Jewish HG before, maybe just not orthodox, but surely? there have been 11 seasons! lol

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 9:05 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:
surely there has been a Jewish HG before, maybe just not orthodox, but surely? there have been 11 seasons! lol

Eric Stein comes to mind. Josh from BB3. I'm sure there's more.

Last edited by mytwocents on July 6th 2010, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BB11JJ
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 9:05 pm

He's an idiot!! that's for sure and keeps reminding over and over again how much jewish he is (with the "I will do something with only a jewish girl" or the "I will donate some money to some jewish charirty" blah blah blah) I respect everyone but always keep saying the fact that he's jewish ok we got it!!

Maybe because i'm jewish as well, heck i'm israeli, I get annoyied with him and I totally understad why alot of people hates us, I can totally understand it.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 9:07 pm

I don't mind that he's constantly reminding us that he's Jewish. He has great pride in it, I guess. Maybe we can make a drinking game out of it each time he mentions that he's Jewish on the feeds or in the DR.
Back to top Go down
BB11JJ
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 9:11 pm

mytwocents wrote:
I don't mind that he's constantly reminding us that he's Jewish. He has great pride in it, I guess. Maybe we can make a drinking game out of it each time he mentions that he's Jewish on the feeds or in the DR.

Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:06 pm

mytwocents wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:

Eric Stein comes to mind. Josh from BB3. I'm sure there's more.

I think I remember Erika Landin being Jewish.
Back to top Go down
sammyf
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:14 pm

[quote="Washed Up"] Plus, if they have competitions on Saturdays, he loses automatically because he refuses to play. I don't see that as a big advantage for him.[quote]

I actually think he will play in the comps, I don't think he is as strict about it as he says he is. The houseguest went into the house on Saturday, so unless he walk from the hotel to the studio, which I doubt, he already broke Shabbat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   

Back to top Go down

Andrew Gordon
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 12-
Jump to: