Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 12:29 am

I don't know if it's special treatment exactly--isn't there a rule that HGs can bring the Bible, Koran, Talmud (it's late, World Religion knowledge is failing) to observe their religious obligations--and it isn't as if he's leaving to go to Temple every Sabbath.

I'm more interested to see if he'll have to sit any competitions out.

Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 12:39 am

Kennylicious wrote:
Alright... forgive me for asking a stupid question, but what do you mean when you say "it'll have to be kosher?"

There is a process to making a kitchen kosher where they dip the dishes in boiling water and other things I can't remember. For food, there are only certain parts of the animal he will eat, he won't mix dairy & meat on the same plate (he has to actually have seperate dishes, one that he only uses for dairy and another set he only uses for meat) and generally he'll make all his meals seperate from everyone.

ETA- "kosher" itself means in accordance to Jewish dietary laws
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 1:07 am

I love Kosher, used to live in part of Memphis where the Kroger had lots of Kosher foods. That is the best. Any time I can buy Kosher, I do. I know the standards are the best. Before Kosher can officially be put on any food, it has to be certified and the plant is inspected to strict cleanliness standards.
Back to top Go down
Kennylicious
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 1:17 am

London wrote:
He won't mix dairy & meat on the same plate (he has to actually have seperate dishes, one that he only uses for dairy and another set he only uses for meat) and generally he'll make all his meals seperate from everyone.
But... why? What's the religious significance of these rituals?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4131
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 1:21 am

Well kosher food is more expensive too because it is of the best quality or so I hear.

Anyway this guy can't be that religious if he is going to use a non kosher kitchen. The kitchen doesn't have to have two stoves and sinks but the utensils HAS to be kosher. He could use disposable cutlery but what about cooking pots and pans?

He is either religious or he is not. From what I have observed of orthodox Jews, you are or you aren't

It is not just the food, on sabbath there is a TON of things they can't do. But I guess it won't be that difficult since there are no electronics or money and so in the house.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 1:29 am

Kennylicious wrote:
London wrote:
He won't mix dairy & meat on the same plate (he has to actually have seperate dishes, one that he only uses for dairy and another set he only uses for meat) and generally he'll make all his meals seperate from everyone.

I think it is outlined in the Torah. I'm not positive though, I think I've exhausted my kosher knowledge lol.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 1:48 am

Kennylicious wrote:
London wrote:

In the Torah, there are dietary laws;
Some meats are not allowed, it is based on the type of hooves the animals have for instance, No pork.
and no shell fish at all, no shrimp, crab, etc.
Dairy or eggs what an animals produces is not to be mixed with the meat of an animal. I don't know that a reason is given except that certain meats are considered unclean, pork, shell fish. (according to the Torah).

best I can say beyond that is never apply reason to religion, it is based on faith.

that is all I got, maybe someone else can explain better.
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 2:47 am

I usually talk openly about anything religion, politics, sex. I am very opinionated, but love the flip side of the coin and enjoy listening to other people's view. How are we suppose to not discuss religion or politics between Andrew and Ragan? I heard about a season with an alliance of really religious people. How did you guys discuss it without breaking any rules? I understand and believe the reason behind the rules, but if a night on the feeds all they talk about is religion and politics, how do we not chime in? What are the boundries? I am being serious.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 2:50 am

Hope wrote:
I usually talk openly about anything religion, politics, sex. I am very opinionated, but love the flip side of the coin and enjoy listening to other people's view. How are we suppose to not discuss religion or politics between Andrew and Ragan? I heard about a season with an alliance of really religious people. How did you guys discuss it without breaking any rules? I understand and believe the reason behind the rules, but if a night on the feeds all they talk about is religion and politics, how do we not chime in? What are the boundries? I am being serious.

Hope I am the exact same way and I'm wondering how this is going to work as well. BB9 the allaince was Team Christ but I wasn't here so I don't know how it was dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Kennylicious
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 756
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 2:55 am

London wrote:
Hope I am the exact same way and I'm wondering how this is going to work as well. BB9 the allaince was Team Christ but I wasn't here so I don't know how it was dealt with.

I doubt it was even an issue because there was nothing Christ-like about Team Christ, LoL. They didn't call themselves "Team Christ" because they were religious. They called themselves "Team Christ" because they thought they were holier-than-thou. That alliance consisted of breast milk squirting, blowjob giving Natalie -- drug dealing Adam -- woman-beating, drug dealing Matty -- and "racist" Ryan who probably helped Adam and Matty with their drug deals.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 2:57 am

Kennylicious wrote:
London wrote:

I doubt it was even an issue because there was nothing Christ-like about Team Christ, LoL. They didn't call themselves "Team Christ" because they were religious. They called themselves "Team Christ" because they thought they were holier-than-thou. That alliance consisted of breast milk squirting, blowjob giving Natalie -- drug dealing Adam -- woman-beating, drug dealing Matty -- and "racist" Ryan who probably helped Adam and Matty with their drug deals.

So basically, they were Team Oh My God?
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 2:59 am

Kennylicious wrote:
London wrote:

They were terrible! Such a joke. I remember on Jokers Natalie's Bible talk sparked a lot of discussion, but yeah hopefully if they talk about it in the house this year it won't be anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Catniptoy
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 4:02 am

I think this guy is the mole, also. He's intelligent, he plays poker, likes to take risks.

Number of posts : 16470
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 9:40 am

I guess since they state that he's an orthodox Jew, he adheres to the stricter sabbath rules and adheres to the Jewish dietary laws/rules.
Keeping Kosher
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 1st 2010, 9:48 am

With the change in network schedule, maybe the veto competition will fall on Sunday instead of Saturday since Wednesday will be the night the veto comp airs. I can't imagine he would want to or production would allow him to sit out of a competition on Saturday because of the sabbath.
Back to top Go down
balmoral
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 7:21 pm

I just get to watch some of RP videos. I am talking the risk hire and mbe. i will change my mind after watching LF. but . I wont to read it later and see was I right or not. He is my least favorite gay . He thinks he is charming and his flirting with Chelsia is Blah. He thinks he is "all that". But he can be a"mole", so he is acting. I just don't like him and i have feeling i will change camera whenever he is on. LOL OK, looking forward to read this later and see was I right.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 7:28 pm

balmoral wrote:
I just get to watch some of RP videos. I am talking the risk hire and mbe. i will change my mind after watching LF. but . I wont to read it later and see was I right or not. He is my least favorite gay . He thinks he is charming and his flirting with Chelsia is Blah. He thinks he is "all that". But he can be a"mole", so he is acting. I just don't like him and i have feeling i will change camera whenever he is on. LOL OK, looking forward to read this later and see was I right.

I don't like him either right now. He seems very full of himself and that bugs me.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
sanelso
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 8:05 pm

After watching the SuperPass video...ewww, not liking him at all.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 10:57 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
balmoral wrote:

I don't like him either right now. He seems very full of himself and that bugs me.

DITTO!!!!!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 11:09 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
balmoral wrote:

I agree the vibe he gave off in the Superpass video was ICKY!
He said he HATES dumb blondes and gave Holly as his example. Ok, I didn't care for Holly either, but he was really ugly and superior about it.
He does love Janelle because she was smart, so he redeemed himself a little
The stuff he said about his daugther, no dolls allowed, no pink. His masculinity was threatenend, IMO.
Like a lot of the cast this year he thinks he will be the smartest one in the house.
Flirted with Chelsia, promised to take her to Vegas if he won, didn't pronounce her name correctly.

I wonder if Shannon Elizabeth knows him with all her poker connections. He said he would be at the WSOP right now if not for BB.
It is interesting that both he and Kathy think they can really read people.

sockpuppet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4794
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 11:36 pm

It bothered me that he said he's such a fan of the game and then proceeded to call her Chelsea, more than once.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 2nd 2010, 11:47 pm

I think him & Enzo will team up! However, I would love to see a showdown between them.
Back to top Go down
Peaches
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4656
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 12:25 am

I'm not liking this guy so far.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 12:43 am

I don't like him at all so far! Now I could be wrong but he seems to full of himself and very very impressed with himself!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2192
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 1:51 am

Ewwwww.. YUCK!! Just watched his video- wish I hadn't.

Smug and arrogant. Really not looking forward to his grandstanding. Rolling Eyes

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 9:17 am

He doesn't let his daughter buy dolls and have anything pink??? Huh?

ETA- and what's his issue with blondes? Brunettes can be dumb too you know. I don't like this guy at all.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 9:24 am

sockpuppet wrote:
It bothered me that he said he's such a fan of the game and then proceeded to call her Chelsea, more than once.

I'm watching now and that's cracking me up.

I loved Holly. Sad
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 669

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 10:05 am

As a blonde who likes pink and dolls, I don't like this guy! His arrogance definitely will turn people off.

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 10:06 am

Hope wrote:
Kennylicious wrote:
London wrote:

So basically, they were Team Oh My God?

I'm just getting caught up, and this made me laugh out loud! lol!
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12117
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 11:10 am

I'm not sure how I will feel about Andrew in the coming weeks but so far I like his looks and he has kissable lips. I know I'm not thinking with my head, it's all I got till I see him interact with the other houseguests. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 3rd 2010, 4:31 pm

London wrote:
sockpuppet wrote:

I'm watching now and that's cracking me up.

I loved Holly. Sad

OMG I loved Holly also. She was fun to watch on the feeds until she whined to Jase (sp) about something. I thought she could do so much better. Then when the 4 horse men kicked her to the curb I was angry.

Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 6:15 pm

Nothing pink and no Barbies for his little girl.

Doesn't like stupid blondes.

He wants logical. (It will be really funny when he is up against illogical behavior.)

Showmance no way unless someone is Jewish. Afraid of beautiful women who can control him

Plays in the WSOP (World Series of poker).

Didn't like Holly but he liked Janele because she was intelligent, great. He like Marvin from season 5 too.

I liked him... I started off thinking what's with not letting your kid have Barbies and pink, but I think he has personality. I love watching WSOP so I get that part of him. He could be one of those that has a romance/flirtmance on the show.

Back to top Go down
snow

Number of posts : 13238

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 7:04 pm

ndd wrote:
Quote :
I liked him... I started off thinking what's with not letting your kid have Barbies and pink, but I think he has personality.

I agree, but that is odd about the Barbies and not allowing pink into his home. I feel bad for his little girl...hope she isn't blonde.

sockpupet wrote:
Quote :

I know..it did me too.

SUN 8/7c WED 8/7c THUR 9/8c
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 7:39 pm

I'm curious to see if he'll somehow turn every conversation into something about himself. Just a feeling I get. Almost his way or the highway.
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 8:04 pm

I hope he has to wear a pink unitard.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 8:07 pm

KyGirl wrote:
bravo LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 8:35 pm

balmoral wrote:
KyGirl wrote:
bravo LMAO

lol!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 8:36 pm

KyGirl wrote:

Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 4th 2010, 8:56 pm

KyGirl wrote:

Back to top Go down
cheri25

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 5th 2010, 12:55 am

KyGirl wrote:

That would be hysterical -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   

Back to top Go down

Andrew Gordon
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 12-
Jump to: