Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:14 pm

What events are usually played on Saturdays?
Back to top Go down
JwHo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 955
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:15 pm

Hope wrote:
What events are usually played on Saturdays?
Power of Veto
Back to top Go down
BB11JJ
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2987
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:17 pm

[quote="sammyf"][quote="Washed Up"] Plus, if they have competitions on Saturdays, he loses automatically because he refuses to play. I don't see that as a big advantage for him.
Quote :

I actually think he will play in the comps, I don't think he is as strict about it as he says he is. The houseguest went into the house on Saturday, so unless he walk from the hotel to the studio, which I doubt, he already broke Shabbat.

LOL oh yeah right!! haha
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:22 pm

Doesn't sabbath end at sunset?

With the network schedule changing to Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday maybe the veto comp will be on Sunday?

If I remember correctly, BB9 had the same network schedule, does anyone remember when the competitions and meetings were held?
Back to top Go down
sammyf
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:29 pm

mytwocents wrote:
Doesn't sabbath end at sunset?

With the network schedule changing to Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday maybe the veto comp will be on Sunday?

If I remember correctly, BB9 had the same network schedule, does anyone remember when the competitions and meetings were held?

Depends on how strict you are. Some goes by when the sun goes down, others by the time of sunset giving like on the weather channel and others its when the first star appears in the sky.
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:30 pm

I have a couple of thoughts:

They have altered the schedule, it will be on Wednesday night this year instead of Tuesday and that may be as a result of Andrew's religion.

He will be able to do a lot of things on Saturday - but electricity/machinery is one he won't/can't do

If there is any religion that Hollywood knows well it is Judaism. I just have to believe they have this covered. They are not going to have him as a HG and then have one hand tied behind his back. That wouldn't really help the ratings or CBS's standing in the Jewish Community, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
kayla
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 6th 2010, 10:57 pm

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=138891@kcbs.dayport.com
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 8th 2010, 8:07 pm

I feel the same about him. He bugs me and I can't put my finger on it.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 8th 2010, 8:09 pm

He gives off that certain whiff of condescension and superiority that I find unattractive. (Sort of like Will post game)
Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 4:32 am

I just managed to watch the first broadcast show - well behind times, but Andrew mentions on the show that he is Modern Orthodox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Orthodox_Judaism

That might explain some of the inconsistencies in his observances, behavior and statements, but I have to look more into that. Because so far to me he seems to be as much of an Orthodox Jew as I am a Baptist.

Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 7:27 am

Today is Saturday. It is going to be interesting to see how Andrew manages with the no electricity thing.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9282

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 10:44 am

currentresident wrote:
I just managed to watch the first broadcast show - well behind times, but Andrew mentions on the show that he is Modern Orthodox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Orthodox_Judaism

That might explain some of the inconsistencies in his observances, behavior and statements, but I have to look more into that. Because so far to me he seems to be as much of an Orthodox Jew as I am a Baptist.

what's funny is i work with MANY "modern" orthodox doctors, and when in the hospital believe me they make you scratch your head like andrew does in the BB house. But when they leave the hospital and are at home with their families they are VERY orthodox. I think with Andrew is if we saw him a setting like his home we would see all the traditions of his religion, but in the BB house, i mean there just isn't much he can do.
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 11:22 am

currentresident wrote:

Andrew had a conversation last night where he talked about the levels (not his word). Just like with anything, it all depends on the person and to what degree they want to practice. Like someone mentioned, there is only so much he can do in the BB house. Since he mentioned the scale of good vs bad. He may be doing more good (not sure what he called it) things to out way the things he can't control. That may be why he was snappy to Annie about the cookie sheet.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 1:40 pm

Andrew doesn't bother me, he's an interesting character with his religious differences.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 3:14 pm

So if Andrew can't have electricity does that mean he should not be inside were the lights are on?

Back to top Go down
currentresident
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5594
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 5:28 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
So if Andrew can't have electricity does that mean he should not be inside were the lights are on?

Orthodox and some denominations of Conservative Jews that observe Sabbath can't perform any work on Sabbath - that includes turning on the lights and electrical appliances. Does not mean that you can't use electricity if somebody who does not observe Sabbath turns on the light switch, or if you leave the lights and electrical appliances on prior to the start of Sabbath (like starting to cook food prior to sun down on Friday in a slow cooker, and leaving it on all Friday night and Saturday), or use a light switch or appliance timer. You can't perform the work of flipping the switch on or striking the match to light a candle. There are a lot of work arounds that some Sabbath observers use that allow one to strictly follow the Sabbath law, but some might think not the spirit of the law.

*Read: currentresident = Reform (or better still High Holiday) Jew who is about to drive 30 miles to work and thumb her nose at Sabbath.

Last edited by currentresident on July 10th 2010, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 10th 2010, 5:34 pm

Thanks current. I am learning a lot about this. Smile

Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 12th 2010, 11:29 pm

It's cute how Andrew makes up his bed every morning.

I never understood how anyone can start their day properly without making up the bed first.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 15th 2010, 3:22 am

Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
DoctorJane
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 16th 2010, 11:42 am

He might be my crush this season. I Haven't been paying too much attention, though.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 16th 2010, 5:22 pm

i don't know why but I think i may be a little in love with this man. I don't see him much on the feeds when i watch, and the show he hasn't been on to much but when he is he always delievers for me. His little freak outs have just been priceless for me so far. Looking forward to more from him, in all aspects, his religion, game and socially.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16475
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 16th 2010, 6:13 pm

I'm glad he's sleeping in the same room as Hayden and Kristen this week. It may give him more time to forge some bonds. (I wish he'd calm down though. Maybe he will once Julie tells the HGs that Annie was the saboteur.)
Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 12:54 pm

I may be mistaken -- and someone correct me if I'm wrong -- but I thought Andrew told the group from the beginning that he had lost his job (can't remember what job he said) because of the economy and was now working as a shoe salesman.

The last couple of days when I've been watching the feeds I have caught a few things he has said that are inconsistent with that. One was when he was talking about some kind of dating site he uses and that he flies to New York fairly often to meet women and go on dates and that he likes to go to shows when he's there. Um...that's not cheap.

Today I heard him telling the others that he likes to go to Disney World and Epcot in Florida and that he takes his little girl there all the time. Um...that's not cheap either.

I think I've seen Ragan and Britney's eyebrows raise when he's saying these things. These are not things a shoe salesman would be able to afford. Anybody else notice?

I mean, WE know he's a podiatrist. It's hard to be yourself in the house and engage in conversation about your life, while hiding a secret as big as that.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 2:05 pm

sweetpea - yes Andrew did say he was a shoe salesman. You are right, it is hard to live a lie 24/7. You are bound to slip.
Back to top Go down
missyb

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 2:07 pm

He said he was a day trader but when the economy took a dive he lost his job and is now a shoe sales man.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 4:54 pm

Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 5:00 pm

I'm glad he didn't go on the block this week, I really think he would have gone home. I am sad to lose Monet, though.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2477
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 5:02 pm

its_glinda_now wrote:
I'm glad he didn't go on the block this week, I really think he would have gone home. I am sad to lose Monet, though.

I like your banner!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 8:43 pm

I wish I could tell Andrew that a podiatrist isn't all that. It's not something he has to hide. It's not like he's a brain surgeon.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 8:48 pm

thatgirl wrote:
I wish I could tell Andrew that a podiatrist isn't all that. It's not something he has to hide. It's not like he's a brain surgeon.

They don't even go to real medical school do they? My cousin is a podiatrist, and I am *almost* certain he went to podiatry school because he either flunked out of med school or never got in, I don't remember which. (Our family is big and not all that close.)
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 8:49 pm

its better than being a shoe salesman!!! lol

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 8:55 pm

xubaby2000 wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

They don't even go to real medical school do they? My cousin is a podiatrist, and I am *almost* certain he went to podiatry school because he either flunked out of med school or never got in, I don't remember which. (Our family is big and not all that close.)

I mentioned this in another thread. He is a Doctor of Podiatry which is not an MD. It's just like an Optometrist, who has a Doctor in Optometry degree. An Opthomologist on the other hand is an MD that specialized in Opthamology. Being a Podiatrist is a respectable job, but again, it's not like he is a renowned brain surgeon.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 8:59 pm

From Wikipedia: There is more schooling involved than I thought:

United States
In the United States, podiatric medicine and surgery is practiced by a licensed Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM). Education consists of a professional doctoral degree which is a four-year program followed by a two or three year residency. This training follows a four-year undergraduate college degree. The first year of podiatry school is somewhat similar to training that physicians (either medical doctors or osteopathic doctors) receive, but with a limited scope on foot, ankle, and lower extremity problems. Being classified as a second entry degree, in order to be considered for admission an applicant must first complete a minimum of 90 semester hours at the university level and/or complete a bachelor's degree. In addition, potential students are required to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The DPM degree itself takes a minimum of four years to complete. Thus there are five professions in the United States that allow for independent diagnosis and surgical treatment: Doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM), doctors of medicine or osteopathic medicine (MD or DO), podiatric medicine (DPM), dental medicine (DDS and DMD), and optometric medicine (OD).
A podiatry student examines the adduction angle of the hallux.

The four-year podiatry school is followed by a residency, which is hands-on post-doctoral training. There are two standard residencies named Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 24 or 36 (PM&S 24 or PM&S 36). These represent the two- or three-year residency training. Podiatric residents rotate through all main areas of medicine such as emergency, pediatric, internal medicine, and general surgery and of course podiatry both clinic and surgical. During these rotations, attending podiatrists train the resident physicians in medicine and surgery.
Podiatric Foot and Ankle Surgeons certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS) have successfully completed an intense board certification process comparable to that undertaken by individual MD and DO specialties. Certification by the ABPS involves written, oral, and computer-based patient simulation questions, in addition to submission of surgical case logs. Prerequisites for board qualification in Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery require successful completion of a three-year podiatric surgical program and passing a written examination. ABPS board certification in Foot Surgery is a prerequisite for board certification in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery. A candidate must pass both the written, oral, and computer-based patient simulation questions in Foot Surgery as well as the written, oral, and computer-based patient simulation questions in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery. In addition, ABPS requires submission of 65 cases for certification in Foot Surgery and an additional 30 cases for certification in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery, for a total of 95 cases. ABPS requires four years of post-DPM degree clinical experience before taking the certification examination. Additionally, diplomates must re-certify every 10 years to maintain their board-certified status, although some members who were certified prior to 1991 undergo a "self-test" examination, essentially circumventing taking the written exam all others must take in order to become re-certified.
In the United States, the previous titles used for the Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) degree were Doctor of Surgical Chiropody (DSC) and Doctor of Podiatry (PodD). Podiatry in the US currently encompasses a broader spectrum of practice than it used to. Podiatrists can now perform medical and surgical procedures in all 50 states, though the specific scope of practice varies slightly

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 19th 2010, 11:06 pm

I'm glad that Andrew gets to stay but I'm sad to see Monet go. I really hope things change and Matt leaves but I don't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 21st 2010, 10:16 am

Andrew to me is the biggest wild card in this game right now. Rachel and Brendon think that he is with them, Kristen and Hayden think that he is with them and Kathy believes he is close to her. I would LOVE to see him win HOH to see what he would do with it. He has been trying to stay neutral so not as to look like he is with anyone in particular.
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 21st 2010, 10:32 am

honeybeeangel wrote:
I would LOVE to see him win HOH to see what he would do with it.

I would love to see that too! 2nd only to wanting to see what Britney would do as HOH!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 21st 2010, 1:26 pm

A few days ago I was hoping that Andrew would be the replacement nominee so Monet would have a chance to stay, but since that did not happen, I am all aboard Team Andrew for now.

I hope we get to hear more from him in DR because I have a feeling that he's the only person who knows what the hell is going on in the house from every angle.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 21st 2010, 1:41 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:
honeybeeangel wrote:

I would love to see that too! 2nd only to wanting to see what Britney would do as HOH!

i think Andrew would put up Ragen & Matt. THe few times i have seen him speak, i have heard him mention both these two as being players
Back to top Go down
RealityRealmer
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 21st 2010, 2:08 pm

bergen wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
honeybeeangel wrote:

i think Andrew would put up Ragen & Matt. THe few times i have seen him speak, i have heard him mention both these two as being players

As much as I would not want that since they are my 2 favorites, my 3rd favorite Andrew would be smart to do that since they are both playing an excellent game and are big threats

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   July 21st 2010, 2:34 pm

RealityRealmer wrote:
bergen wrote:
RealityRealmer wrote:
honeybeeangel wrote:

As much as I would not want that since they are my 2 favorites, my 3rd favorite Andrew would be smart to do that since they are both playing an excellent game and are big threats

i agree, i don't think i want to see it either but for his game, it would be the best move
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Gordon   

Back to top Go down

Andrew Gordon
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 12-
Jump to: