AuthorMessage
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 3:53 am

Season starts Aug. 5th 9/8 c on Bravo

The Real Housewives of DC Season 1 Bravo’s “The Real Housewives” franchise presents a slice of life amongst affluent, educated women, some raising kids, some driving careers, all interacting with friends and family as determined by the unwritten social rules of the Beltway. With the franchise’s expansion to our nation’s capital, The Real Housewives of D.C. introduces five intriguing women whose relationships with each other, and with the city in which they live, are a compelling combination to explore the nexus of politics, society, and even race, as well as how the proximity to political power dictates where one fits within Beltway society.

These connected D.C. power players all have their pulse on the most important cultural events, political galas, gallery openings, and fundraisers in Washington society. They are: Mary Schmidt Amons, the true Washingtonian and granddaughter of radio and TV personality Arthur Godfrey; the mother hen and owner of D.C.’s top modeling agency, Lynda Erkiletian; feisty Brit Catherine Ommanney, married to a White House photographer; model and founder of D.C.’s America’s Polo Cup, Michaele Salahi who became the focus of media attention following the White House state dinner last November; and Harvard grad, active political fund-raiser, and philanthropist Stacie Scott Turner.

The Real Housewives of D.C. went into production shortly after the historic election and inauguration, reflecting D.C. almost as its own character in the series.
Bringing viewers inside the lives and homes of movers and shakers in the community, the D.C. housewives move comfortably from fundraisers and prominent events to discussing everything from issues about race to money and politics to relationships and high fashion.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~

Last edited by HAPPY4LIFE on June 20th 2010, 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 3:56 am

Stacie Scott Turner

Cast, The Real Housewives Of Dc

This Alexandria, VA native has it all – a Harvard MBA, successful real estate practice, and vigorous civic and philanthropic agenda. Stacie and her husband Jason easily move amongst Washington’s unique brew of local, federal, and international players. She juggles work, her family life aa a mom of two young kids, and a busy social life. But Stacie’s passion lies in the charity she founded and holds dear to her heart – Extra-Ordinary Life – which provides life-changing experiences to teenage girls living in D.C. foster care.

Last edited by HAPPY4LIFE on June 20th 2010, 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 3:58 am

Michaele Salahi

Cast, The Real Housewives Of Dc

This northern Virginia native and model is a big part of the inner workings of the D.C. life. She and husband Tareq together founded America’s Polo Cup, for which he is the U.S. team captain. Through her involvement in the Polo Cup, which has become one of the largest and most high profile polo events in the U.S., Michaele has met numerous political leaders across the globe. Additionally, the two are involved in running the Salahi family vineyard, Oasis Winery. Always on the move and juggling multiple projects at once, Michaele is heavily involved in charity work, including being an advocate and fundraising for MS and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society A family girl at heart, Michaele loves spending time at the family vineyard with her stable of horses and beloved dog Rio.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 4:11 am

Mary Schmidt Amons

"As a second generation Washingtonian, Mary spent summers at the Kennedy residences as a child, and is the granddaughter of legendary radio and TV personality Arthur Godfrey. Married to husband Rich for over 20 years, Mary is matriarch of the Amons clan of five children – Lolly, Ryan, Alexandra, Meghan and Matt – it’s never a dull day and she calls her life controlled chaos. When she’s not busy running her household, Mary pairs her love of fashion with philanthropy as founder of Labels for Love and co-founder of The District Sample Sale, two D.C.-based charities."

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 4:12 am

Lynda Erkiletian

"This southern gal moved to D.C and never looked back. She’s created an empire as the owner and founder of T.H.E Artist Agency, one of the top modeling agencies in D.C. The divorced mother of four consults her astrological chart daily, and couldn’t be bothered to get married again, but has found love with her much younger boyfriend, Ebong. When she’s not working or running with her brood – Aaron, Jessica, Mihran, and Sam - she’s a staple on the Washington social scene, and is very involved in numerous charitable organizations. This 'mother hen' of the group knows how to keep it real, and when the pressures of D.C. life take its toll, she retreats to her country home where she channels her southern roots by shooting clay pigeons, riding ATVs and cooking a mean fried chicken."

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 4:13 am

Catherine Ommanney

"This feisty Brit certainly knows how to shake things up in D.C. Cat lived the fast-paced, glamorous life in London, but after reuniting with and marrying her high school sweetheart, she decided to move to U.S. soil with her two daughters, Jade and Ruby. She quickly began socializing with Washington’s elite crowd, and counts many high-profile political figures among her friends. Her no-nonsense attitude and tell-it-like-it-is demeanor have helped her achieve success as a mother, interior designer, and a writer – she penned a book about her 'racy' escapades as a charismatic, single woman living in London called 'Inbox Full' that will come out later this year."

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35412
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 4:28 am

Jeeez, the Salahi bio is a little deficient

It should read:
Michaele loves spending time at the family vineyard with her stable of horses and beloved dog Rio, and causing a huge stink when she and her husband crashed a DC state dinner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 7:01 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:

It should read:
Michaele loves spending time at the family vineyard with her stable of horses and beloved dog Rio, and causing a huge stink when she and her husband crashed a DC state dinner.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shell

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 10:19 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:

It should read:

I read that a Bravo camera crew reportedly followed the couple earlier that night when they crashed President Obama's state dinner at the White House. It will be interesting to see if they focus on this event and the aftermath. From what I have read they are in debt and could still be charged in the White House incident.
Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 11:33 am

I don't watch this show, but I've noticed that some of these women are divorced, single moms, etc., so technically they are not "housewives."

"Housewife is a term used to describe a married female who is not employed outside of the home. Merriam Webster describes a housewife as a married woman who is in charge of her household."

Just an observation. doh
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 10:21 pm

I'll definitely be watching this! I think I've seen every season of all of the cities they've done.

sweetpeatx wrote:
I don't watch this show, but I've noticed that some of these women are divorced, single moms, etc., so technically they are not "housewives."

"Housewife is a term used to describe a married female who is not employed outside of the home. Merriam Webster describes a housewife as a married woman who is in charge of her household."

Just an observation. doh

That's always kind of bothered me to be honest. But now I think there is at least one woman who isn't a "housewife" on every season, it's kind of like a token character now I guess. Laurie wasn't married when RHOC started, Kim only has "big pappa" on Atlanta(lol), Danielle isn't married on NJ, and Bethenny was single for most of the seasons of NY. (well she was with that other Jason in the beginning but she's never been a wife on the show)
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 20th 2010, 10:54 pm

Glinda - I watch them all too, have the start. I'm thinking DC is going to be completely different than the others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 23rd 2010, 10:46 am

Yay to new housewives! I expect the DC series to be a snoozefest at first, but I'll take it over the housewives of OC, NYC, NJ and ATL - I am over them!

The Washington Post gossip blog seems to be the only place I could find to read up-to-date info about the new housewives.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/real_housewives_of_dc/
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   June 23rd 2010, 12:56 pm

blueeyed wrote:
Glinda - I watch them all too, have the start. I'm thinking DC is going to be completely different than the others.

Glad I'm not alone in that. Very Happy How do you think this one will be different from the others?
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   December 16th 2010, 12:10 pm

Report: Prince Harry's Affair With DC Housewife

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/16/prince-harry-dc-housewife-affair/

Is this really that believable?

Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   December 16th 2010, 6:27 pm

Not to me! lol How could anyone believe that?
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   March 24th 2011, 10:13 pm

In news that will surprise no one...

REAL HOUSEWIVES OF DC IS VOTED OUT OF OFFICE

The Real Housewives Of DC has bitten the dust, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report. The fifth installation of the hit reality franchise came in with a whimper and never much took off from there, drawing meager ratings all throughout it’s short lived broadcast.

“The show just didn’t do well and it wasn’t worth airing another season,” a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com. “The DC housewives were meant to be starting shooting their second season now and they haven’t heard a peep from Bravo. No one from the cast has been contacted yet and told that the show is cancelled.”

RadarOnline.com has learned that the DC franchise isn’t the only Housewives show that has been struggling to lure viewers – Miami has also been performing poorly in the ratings war, forcing producers to reassess any further expansion. “After DC failed in the ratings and Miami just bombed, they realized they can’t just start a show anywhere and it will succeed,” the source said.

“Bravo used to think it was about the brand and they could switch the housewives at any point but now they have realized it is about the women involved and that has changed their perspective,” the source said.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/57592152.html
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   March 24th 2011, 11:33 pm

Quote :
In news that will surprise no one...

lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Real Housewives of D.C.   

Back to top Go down

The Real Housewives of D.C.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: (The) Real Housewives-
Jump to: