View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 3:35 pm

Quote :
Derek has Jennifer (Jennifers husband is following Derek on twitter)

Once again he gets a great partner.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 4:30 pm

Margaret Cho FTW or FTLOL!

This cast is awful. I might not watch.
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 4:43 pm

KyGirl wrote:
I thought Johnny Weir was going to be on this season.

I thought so, too! I was looking forward to seeing him.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 4:43 pm

I thought last year's cast was pretty awful until after episode 1 then I started to root for Erin and Maks. They made it enjoyable.

Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 5:25 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
I thought last year's cast was pretty awful until after episode 1 then I started to root for Erin and Maks. They made it enjoyable.

Thats true. I wasn't really cheering for them in the beginning! That gives me a little hope I will like this season...
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 5:40 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

I know! He must have some contract with them. Why doesn't he get any of the older women...ever!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 8:18 pm

WTH makes Bristol Palin a "star"?

What a bunch of washed up talentless plastic people.

I hate that they are moving away from true stars and going for ratings. Reality TV stars like Audrina and Situation? Bristol Palin? Those people are about ratings (like Kate G was last season).
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 9:04 pm

girlmomtobe wrote:
WTH makes Bristol Palin a "star"?

What a bunch of washed up talentless plastic people.

I hate that they are moving away from true stars and going for ratings. Reality TV stars like Audrina and Situation? Bristol Palin? Those people are about ratings (like Kate G was last season).

Well we live in a tabloid driven society now where people from reality shows become actually celebrities. So I can't really fault ABC for casting them because all they care about is ratings. It is all about money and advertising in the television business and ABC wants to come out on top amongst all the networks.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   August 31st 2010, 11:49 pm

Lori wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

I know! He must have some contract with them. Why doesn't he get any of the older women...ever!!!!!!!!

Jennifer's as old as me (pretty old!) so thanks! lol...I'm a little mad Derek gets the ringers- but I have to root for Jennifer.

eta: Woah! She's 4 years older than me?! Born in 1960? Really?
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 1st 2010, 12:46 am

Yeah, I was surprised to find out that she is 50, so she's the second oldest woman on this season. And it seems like I saw a behind-the-scenes story about Dirty Dancing where she talked about not having dance experience before having to learn for the movie, so she might not be as much of an odds-on favorite as we think she is.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 1st 2010, 12:26 pm

Just moving the pairings over here for discussion. Smile

Here are the pairings: Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas, Derek Hough and Jennifer Grey, Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff, David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson, Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower, Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel, Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke, Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas, Kyle Massey and Lacy Schwimmer and Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya.

Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 1st 2010, 3:29 pm

Jennifer Grey has had quite a bit of work done. I wouldn't have recognized her.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 1st 2010, 3:50 pm

ranjake wrote:
Lori wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

Jennifer's as old as me (pretty old!) so thanks! lol...I'm a little mad Derek gets the ringers- but I have to root for Jennifer.

eta: Woah! She's 4 years older than me?! Born in 1960? Really?

I mean old like Florence or Cloris. Jennifer is not old because she's my age, roflol.

Remember Jennifer starred in Dirty Dancing. Should be interesting to see how well she dances.

I remember when Jennifer had that nose job. That ruined her career, imho. No one recognized her. She still looked good after but she looked great before too.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14842
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 1st 2010, 4:33 pm

I'm hoping Rick Fox does well Smile I'm a Laker fan and he's a former Laker!

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 1st 2010, 5:10 pm

Quote :
Remember Jennifer starred
in Dirty Dancing. Should be interesting to see how well she dances.

I am with you it does not matter how old she is. She was the star of one of the best dancing movies ever and she was good.

I wanted him to have Florence.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 2nd 2010, 9:41 am

Could this be the sky captain?!

Sure, the new 'Dancing With the Stars' lineup looks swell. But hearing what could have been -- Sylvester Stallone! Condoleezza Rice! Tim Allen! Ann Coulter! Suzanne Somers! -- yeah, it stings a bit.

The Hollywood Reporter nabbed a behind-the-scenes look at the show's failed conquests, speaking to a source involved with casting the reality dance series and speaking to executive producer Conrad Green. "We've approached a lot of people over the years," Green says. "People say no for a variety of reasons. Some people like the show but think they suck at dancing. It's a lot easier to say no than it is to say yes."

Other stars who've turned the show down include Kirstie Alley, Joel McHale, Drew Carey, Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg, the real-life Erin Brockovich and British billionaire Richard Branson.

More at the link http://www.popeater.com/2010/09/01/dancing-with-the-stars-season-11-lineup-rejections/?ncid=webmail
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 2nd 2010, 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 3rd 2010, 12:36 am

I don't mind Audrina. Despite all the boy drama with Justin Bobby on the Hills, she always seemed like a nice enough girl who wasn't as catty or mean as the rest of the cast.

Tony seems to love her:

Quote :
I got the partner that I wanted! a triumphant Tony, 37, told us happily. I got Audrina Patridge. I am so happy with her! Shes working so hard. I cant tell you how refreshing it is to go every rehearsal looking forward to it.

Is this a dig at his horrible season 10 partner, Kate Gosselin? Sounds like it! At any rate, were pleased as punch for Tony that he seems to adore former The Hills star Audrina, 25, so much! I hope the audience at home can she how hard shes working and how badly she wants this. I think shes just like that girl next door that just happens to be hot, he gushed. Shes driven. Shes doing this for the right reasons. He added, We get along great. She gets my humor. I get her humor. Shes a fantastic person to work with I cant ask for more.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/09/02/dancing-with-the-stars-audrina-pattridge-the-situation-mike-sorrentino-tony-dovolani-corky-ballas-florence-henderson-aiden-turner/
Back to top Go down
mandi
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 5th 2010, 12:29 pm

I think Rick Fox is sexy - felt that way since watching him with the Lakers - even though I've always disliked the Lakers. Good thing he was a Celtic, too. lol Not a bad actor, either.

Tony must be so thrilled after last year! Laughing

I'm really interested to see Jennifer Grey, too.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 20th 2010, 6:50 pm

Do we have a DWTS discussion thread?

sorry if I missed it. I just realized it is starting tonight.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 20th 2010, 6:56 pm

I made you one min! happy dance 2
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   September 20th 2010, 7:00 pm

Thank you Lori, I was afraid I had just missed it.
on my way now,
thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 11 spoilers & speculation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: