View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35417
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: The Next Food Network Star   June 13th 2010, 8:51 am

Anyone watch this?
I don't think they have been too successful finding someone the past times they have done it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Next Food Network Star   June 13th 2010, 10:21 am

I do. Guy Fieri was their only homerun from this show - he's up to what, four shows now? A few of the others are still around (Aaron McCargo Jr. or whatever his name is - he wasn't really a favorite of mine - had the 'Big Daddy' show, and I think they've revamped it and brought it back).

That one season the guy who was the frontrunner got kicked off the show because he lied, and they brought back that petite brunette who had left. She eventually won and did a healthy eating show, I think, but isn't around any more that I've seen. I don't really have a favorite yet in the new season, but it's early still.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Next Food Network Star   June 13th 2010, 10:29 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
I do. Guy Fieri was their only homerun from this show - he's up to what, four shows now? A few of the others are still around (Aaron McCargo Jr. or whatever his name is - he wasn't really a favorite of mine - had the 'Big Daddy' show, and I think they've revamped it and brought it back).

That one season the guy who was the frontrunner got kicked off the show because he lied, and they brought back that petite brunette who had left. She eventually won and did a healthy eating show, I think, but isn't around any more that I've seen. I don't really have a favorite yet in the new season, but it's early still.

That's right.. the first one seems to be the only one who really made it.... and he is annoying to me sometimes.
I have this weird hatred of Giada... I can NOT watch her.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Next Food Network Star   June 13th 2010, 10:56 am

Lol, Nancy, re: Giada...mine is Sandra Lee. She bugs me for some reason and I don't watch her. And when she let people tout her as the 'New Martha Stewart' when Martha was going to prison, that didn't improve my already-formed opinion of her at all.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Next Food Network Star   June 13th 2010, 11:19 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
Lol, Nancy, re: Giada...mine is Sandra Lee. She bugs me for some reason and I don't watch her. And when she let people tout her as the 'New Martha Stewart' when Martha was going to prison, that didn't improve my already-formed opinion of her at all.

LOL - don't like her either. Actually I don't really get much information from watching those shows. Mostly it just might kick-start an idea I had.
Oh I know who I really like... Rick Bayless, but he is on PBS. It's really above my head what he does, but I try to adapt some stuff.
Back to top Go down
BarbaraAnn
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: The Next Food Network Star   June 13th 2010, 8:02 pm

I dont' really have a favorite yet this year just too early to tell. From the first show to me Aria and Aarti both stood out for their energy and ease in front of the camera. I think they both have a chance to go really far in this year's competition. I hope those that had problems with finishing on time can improve that aspect so we can really see if they have any talent or not.

Melissa from last year has a show, as does Aaron, as you mentioned above. I think they are both on Sunday morning though and I don't watch much tv on Sunday mornings. Adam has the show Will Work for Food, I think he was from Aaron's season(?)

As you mentioned above the season before that when Jag was kicked off just before the final and then they brought back the previous contestant, Amy, the finalists were pretty weak that time. Amy kind of disappeared. I did go look on the website a little while ago to see what she has been up to and it says that she has written some magazine articles and continued her study of French cuisine.

I am not a big fan of any of the winners, not even Guy who has so many shows, but he must have a big following. I enjoy the competitions and seeing how they progress but haven't liked any one enough to try to follow their cooking show.

I also am not a fan of Sandra Lee, but I do like Giada. Probably Paula Deen, Bobby Flay and Emeril are my favorites, but I haven't watched any of them much recently, at all. I have kind of lost my drive to do much cooking. Maybe after I retire. LOL

ETA: I like Giada on her cooking show, I don't like her that much on Next Food Network Star. She doesn't come off as very warm or encouraging, really.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Food Network Star   

Back to top Go down

The Next Food Network Star
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: