View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 4:46 am

The idea in this first hour was to prove how much the Gosselin twins and sextuplets missed the Jon-enforced hiatus from filming the TLC show that made the clan famous. “I missed you guys a lot!” squealed one of the kids as the production team re-entered the Gosselins’ Pennsylvania home. “Everything is back to normal!” yelped another one. The camera operators obliged with hugs and horsey-rides, and as one child said, “The crew got sweated.” Kids say the darnedest things — Art Linkletter must have been rolling over in his new grave.

In happier days, it was easy to buy in to the Jon & Kate Plus Eight scenario, because the children were so little, and Jon and Kate were such a team, that the family really had to ignore the cameras and react to each other as they cooked meals or took a family walk to the local 4th of July town parade. (You remember the pre-paparazzi days, some of you, I know you do.)

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/06/07/kate-plus-8-review/

Two hours of 'Kate Plus 8': I watched them so you didn't have to
by Ken Tucker

The two back-to-back episodes of the new series Kate Plus Eight could have used a combo-title: The Horror, The Horror.

In the first, which TLC called “6th Birthday Surprise,” the Jon-less Kate Gosselin took her eight kids to Florida’s Discovery Cove to shriek at alligators and coo over dolphins. Kate did the shrieking and cooing — the kids were much better-behaved than that:

But now everything is tinged with weary familiarity and bitterness. Kate talked about how she let Jon have the sextuplets on their actual sixth-year birth date, making sure to add that the kids came home “chewing huge wads of gum.” (Translated: The bastard gave them sugar!) Kate sat in the airport before the Florida flight and told the kids all the things they were going to have a “meltdown” over during their trip — was it any wonder that the tempermentally-moody Mady threw a few massive temper fits? Mom practically compelled them into existence.

My wife pointed out that Kate has a new way to refer to her long-standing crabby behavior with the children: “low blood sugar,” an apparently undiagnosed excuse for losing it during moments when the kids are squalling in their airline seats or disagreeing on what to eat in a restaurant. What were Kate’s parting words during this first episode? That the sextuplets’ sixth birthday “just means that I’m old.” It was edited to seem as though it was all about her.

The second hour was called “Inside Kate’s World”: Thrilling footage of the Great Hair Extension Operation, Kate’s historic Dancing With the Stars appearances, and testimony from silver-fox hunk-bodyguard Steve Neild:

Bodyguard Steve was seen canceling a DWTS practice during a limo ride with Kate, who said tearily, “I don’t have the mind capacity to dance.” He spoke of the threats Kate receives “in the mailbox and on her doorstep.” Steve said “people either love her to bits or they hate her.”
This second hour was all about Kate as a media figure both willing (it’s “my job,” she said repeatedly, which I guess included the 9 a.m.-to-1 a.m. the following day hair-extension application) and unwilling (balking at a book-signing, at dance rehearsals).
The thing is, I’m sure you could get footage of what we used to call real celebrities exhibiting the same kind of behavior. Kate Plus Eight tried to make that point, hauling on Inside Edition‘s Jim Moret to say that no one calls Angelina Jolie a bad mother when she goes off to make a movie, so why blame Kate?
Fair point. Jolie’s job earns her a paycheck for playing characters, whereas Kate earns hers being the same real person. But I’m glad I don’t have to watch Jolie sobbing in the back of a limo that this rehearsal thing is just too, too much, or see her at home yelling at a daughter to “Walk away!” when the kid calls a sibling a “cheater.” (That Mady, she’s in for a lifetime of psychoanalysis, I fear.)
I have sympathy for Kate’s predicament: She didn’t know what she was buying into when she started the original series, and now she seems too immersed in the messy thicket of celeb-reality to know when to stop, how to stop, or whether she can stop.
Kate Plus Eight was grim stuff, even when the kids looked so happy frolicking with dolphins. I hope you were watching Breaking Bad instead; fictional meth-heads are more entertaining than a real-life hair-extension-head mom.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 5:57 am

I watched both hours with my nieces (18 and 20). We did not find it grim in the least. The kids are much more aticulate and interesting to listen to. They has a ball swimming with dolphins and it does make me interested in visiting Discovery Cove.

There was relatively little filmed at home - I expect that is because of the new permits.

The second hour was more interesting and raised the issues I find more fascinating with the whole Kate Gosselin issue. Meredith Viera made several good points about Kate's situation. While is she so vilified for having her kids on TV when very little is said about the others who do so - the Duggars, the Roloffs, Tori Spelling, etc? Would her kids be better off if she worked long hours and were in day care? WHy are her hair styles such a big deal?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5170
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 11:31 am

I also watched and I had much the same outlook as JFan.

The first hour showed the production showing back up at the VERY beginning, maybe for five minutes if that, it was definitely not the focus of the entire hour...and they are taking some of the comments out of context, when one boy said "It was back to normal" it was VERY obvious he was talking about the fact that the basement was back to normal, the dance floor was no longer in place as their mom had just been eliminated from DWTS...not that it was back to normal because the film crews were back, and that was just one of the comments that was a stretch.

Anyways, I enjoyed seeing how much the kids changed, hearing from the kids their take on things...hearing them talk about their adventures and seeing them actually appreciate what they are getting to do...I loved watching them at Discovery Cove and it is somewhere that I am definitely going to think about for a future family vacation, it looks very exciting and a fun way to spend vacation without the typical amusement park. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
I did find some of Kate's fashion choices to be a little strange, I just can't see myself as a mom ever wearing some of those clothes....walking through an airport is bad enough on it's own I can't imagine if I had to do it with 8 kids in a short dress and high heels
I also really enjoyed the second hour and felt like it made some VERY valid points.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5714
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 11:57 am

That was a nasty article and twisted things. The shows were good and as both have pointed out before me it was not at all like that article.
I do want to address when Kate sent Maddy away from the table.
When she was being a brat and calling the little kids names, Kate made her leave the table. Pretty much a time out. Nothing more. Kate did not makes a big deal of it. It was just, "leave the table". What I see my DD doing with her kids now. If one is ruining fun for everyone else and acting up, It is "go to your room, etc. basically saying, "leave until you can behave".
That article makes me think lots of this dislike of Kate maybe coming from people who don't watch the show. But they read this kind of thing from people that obviously don't like Kate. That article had outright lies. It took some things and twisted them completely into something else. Thus it is full of lies.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 4:14 pm

I thought they were definitely trying to show how much the kids missed the crew. It was really cute to see them with the camera guys though.

I loved seeing all the kids again. They are sooo sweet and I enjoyed the show a lot. More than when Jon was there.

I was dying when Kate was going through the airport with her high heels and short dress too lol.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 4:37 pm

I haven't watched the episodes yet, but as anyone who participated in the DWTS thread knows, I'm a big Kate fan. I'm not surprised in the least that the article at the top was full of inaccuracies, but I'll hold my judgement until I actually watch it Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 4:47 pm

Sorry guys I made this thread early in the morning and was on EW.com so I went with that article.

I know that during DWTS mt feelings for Kate were not that great, but I know you guys like her so I wanted to make something for her new show.

That guy Ken at EW used to love Kate.

Seems like the first epsiode were good for Kate fans.

Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 6:09 pm

heyhay28 wrote:
I also watched and I had much the same outlook as JFan.

The first hour showed the production showing back up at the VERY beginning, maybe for five minutes if that, it was definitely not the focus of the entire hour...and they are taking some of the comments out of context, when one boy said "It was back to normal" it was VERY obvious he was talking about the fact that the basement was back to normal, the dance floor was no longer in place as their mom had just been eliminated from DWTS...not that it was back to normal because the film crews were back, and that was just one of the comments that was a stretch.

Anyways, I enjoyed seeing how much the kids changed, hearing from the kids their take on things...hearing them talk about their adventures and seeing them actually appreciate what they are getting to do...I loved watching them at Discovery Cove and it is somewhere that I am definitely going to think about for a future family vacation, it looks very exciting and a fun way to spend vacation without the typical amusement park. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
I did find some of Kate's fashion choices to be a little strange, I just can't see myself as a mom ever wearing some of those clothes....walking through an airport is bad enough on it's own I can't imagine if I had to do it with 8 kids in a short dress and high heels
I also really enjoyed the second hour and felt like it made some VERY valid points.

I never thought about it much, but you are right about her clothes. I loved seeing the kids and I wouldn't mind going to Discovery Cove sometime. More than anything on the show, I see a Mom trying to take care of 8 kids which is no easy task.

Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 6:46 pm

What is the story with Kate and her security guy? He seemed more like a manager/agent/mentor/boyfriend than her security.

I think the kids are absolutely wonderful. I do feel bad for the older ones though, because they seem frustrated and cranky whenever I watch the show. The younger ones seem more at peace.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 7:19 pm

thatgirl wrote:
What is the story with Kate and her security guy? He seemed more like a manager/agent/mentor/boyfriend than her security.

Kate describes him as a bodyguard who has become a family friend. I know she and the kids have celebrated some holidays with him and his family. I did not pick up any romantic chemistry between them last night but did think his role was more of a manager than bodyguard last night. Either way, I loved his accent.

Quote :
I think the kids are absolutely wonderful. I do feel bad for the older ones though, because they seem frustrated and cranky whenever I watch the show. The younger ones seem more at peace.

Mady was delightful on the couch by herself when asked a question. I think she enjoyed being in the spotlight.

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 8:10 pm

There are pictures of Steve and his wife going to Kate's for dinners. I would not like it if I were married to him and he traveled everywere with her though.

That is just me. How much money does he get?

Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12115
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 7th 2010, 10:43 pm

Kate Plus 8: Ratings Success!

Kate Gosselin is here to stay!

Her new reality show special Kate Plus 8 (sans ex Jon Gosselin) pulled in great ratings for TLC on Sunday (June 6).

First episode “6th Birthday Surprise” attracted 3.4 million viewers while “Inside Kate’s Worlds” pulled in 3 million.

According to EW, “Both episodes not only posted triple-digit gains over TLC’s second quarter averages in the time period but earned double-digit ratings and delivery gains over the November 2009 airings of Jon and Kate Plus 8.” Wow!

Kate also has a full-fledged reality show debuting this fall called Twist of Kate, where Kate will take on various jobs across America.

TiVo season pass? DONE!

Link
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5714
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 8th 2010, 12:44 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Sorry guys I made this thread early in the morning and was on EW.com so I went with that article.
I know that during DWTS mt feelings for Kate were not that great, but I know you guys like her so I wanted to make something for her new show.
That guy Ken at EW used to love Kate.
Seems like the first epsiode were good for Kate fans.

Happy, thank you for making this thread.
I appreciate it, even appreciate seeing this article.
It helped me understand some of the feelings about Kate. I know you can't read all the things you bring us. I love and appreciate you.

Now, my history about liking Kate. I Never watched Jon and Kate +8, until they were going through the divorce except for the one show when all of them were picking out furniture for the kids rooms. I saw enough on that show to make me despise Jon and think what a wuss.
That is all I thought til they were on every mag cover and every gossip show. So I watched one of those marathons to see what all the fuss was about. I saw then my impression of Jon was right and I saw that no matter what Kate did she is one of those people that others love to hate. I could go on and on about my theories about strong women/weak men and peoples reaction to that but will shut up. I think Kate gets an unfair deal and gets picked on and her actions get twisted and taken out of context a lot.
And yeah, have made her one of mine now, so I will be defensive of her. And probably irrational about it from time to time. sorry. I did not mean that to sound like I do not appreciate you doing this.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 8th 2010, 1:26 am

Quote :
Happy, thank you for making this thread.
I appreciate it, even appreciate seeing this article.
It helped me understand some of the feelings about Kate. I know you can't read all the things you bring us. I love and appreciate you.

You are so sweet mim!

Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 8th 2010, 12:19 pm

Frances wrote:

Kate also has a full-fledged reality show debuting this fall called Twist of Kate, where Kate will take on various jobs across America.
What? Wow.

Interesting. I didn't catch the recent episodes, but I might check it out. It's on Mondays after LPBW now? I started watching J&K+8 when during the first season... is that her real hair?
Back to top Go down
heyhay28
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5170
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 8th 2010, 12:34 pm

boots wrote:
Frances wrote:

What? Wow.

Interesting. I didn't catch the recent episodes, but I might check it out. It's on Mondays after LPBW now? I started watching J&K+8 when during the first season... is that her real hair?

She has had extensions put in to help grown it out but I think it is more of her real hair at this point then extensions because she has had them in for a while and I think her hair has grown out quite a bit.
Is it going to be on on Mondays or on Sundays still? I never caught previews for the next show but I didn't watch it live either.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 16th 2010, 3:10 pm

Kate Gosselin Dating Show In The Works

Kate Gosselin is working on nabbing herself a new husband — and it might all be filmed on camera!

Kate’s working on a deal to do a new reality dating series on ABC,” an insider reveals to Life & Style. “Kate would love to have someone in her life. She really misses the companionship. She wishes she had a man around to help her out.”

Kate will possibly be matched up with single dads — or she could even wind up as the next Bachelorette!

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/page/3/#ixzz0r351Ja5O

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35312
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 16th 2010, 3:33 pm

Oh wow...now that would be interesting. It would sure take a special person............
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
boots
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 16th 2010, 4:25 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
It would sure take a special person............
What a train wreck!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 16th 2010, 4:46 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Oh wow...now that would be interesting. It would sure take a special person............

ONLY need apply.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3138
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 16th 2010, 5:15 pm

boots wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
It would sure take a special person............
What a train wreck!

I'm with you, what a train wreck. I don't think I could stand to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 17th 2010, 4:26 pm

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/kate-gosselin-took-boob-job-advice-from-bodyguard-says-source-2010176

Exclusive: Source: Kate Gosselin's Bodyguard Advised Her on Boob Job

Bosom buddy, indeed!
Mom of eight Kate Gosselin, 35, is rarely seen without her trusted bodyguard of three years, Steve Neild. During her recent run on Dancing with the Stars, a show source says, the New Zealander was "omnipresent on the set -- at rehearsals, on the press line, everywhere!"
PHOTOS: How Kate's look -- and hair! -- have changed over the years
And now a source says in the new Us Weekly the married father of two not only drove Gosselin to the doctor when she got breast enhancements March 30, 2009, but even weighed in on what the result should be: "Kate was going to have one kind of breast augmentation, but she changed her mind after talking to Steve about what would look best."
PHOTOS: Stars who've had boob jobs
(Multiple sources tell Us Weekly the procedure -- which can cost $10,000 -- took place. Gosselin went from a size 4 shirt to a size 6 shirt.)
Asked about a boob job earlier this year, Gosselin responded, "Plastic surgery? Please. Who has time to even think about it, let alone do it?"
PHOTOS: Jon and Kate's year of crazy drama
Well, she did: The TLC star's tummy tuck was documented on a 2007 episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8!

Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 18th 2010, 12:11 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

Kate Gosselin is working on nabbing herself a new husband — and it might all be filmed on camera!

Kate’s working on a deal to do a new reality dating series on ABC,” an insider reveals to Life & Style. “Kate would love to have someone in her life. She really misses the companionship. She wishes she had a man around to help her out.”

Kate will possibly be matched up with single dads — or she could even wind up as the next Bachelorette!

I don't really like her that much but I would be all over this show! lol It would probably be awesomely bad.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 18th 2010, 1:59 am

its_glinda_now wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I don't really like her that much but I would be all over this show! lol It would probably be awesomely bad.

I know the casting call would be a mother of 8 looking to date.

Maybe they should not tell these guys who the Bachelorette is. Now that would be good TV to see thier faces when Kate shows up.

Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 18th 2010, 2:05 am

I bet some of them might even run off set once they found out it was her! lol
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 18th 2010, 10:20 am

I think the idea of Kate on a dating show is a great idea. I think she needs a man that stands up to her, but is madly in love with her and her tencious, opinionated, domineering attitude. I think it could end up being a fantastically romantic experience.

Everyone deserves to be loved.

If the show were on TLC I think it would be a little more classy. ABC and the Bachelorette in particular tend to lean toward the drama. I could definitely see there being a few men that come on the show just for the exposure. Jon's Hos-of-the-week get tons of attention, so dating Kate would be a fame whores dream come true.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   June 18th 2010, 11:48 am

blondie55 wrote:
I think the idea of Kate on a dating show is a great idea. I think she needs a man that stands up to her, but is madly in love with her and her tencious, opinionated, domineering attitude. I think it could end up being a fantastically romantic experience.

Everyone deserves to be loved.

I so agree! and I think to me she has proved herself where as to begin I was kind of team john...now I wish he would just go away and shrivel up

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 928

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   September 3rd 2010, 4:01 pm

i like this pic of Kate and the kids
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redmondpanthergirl
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   September 3rd 2010, 4:27 pm

They're so big! I still remember that first special they did when they were still babies. lol They're so stinkin cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Plus 8   

Back to top Go down

Kate Plus 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: