AuthorMessage
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 11:26 am

Daliana wrote:
Derek is an amzing choreagrapher but he's given people that can do amazing choreography...give him Kate Gosselin and let's see what he can do with that!

I had a hard time liking Derek this season because of his partner and I almost always root for him. Derek is the best choreographer and he always makes his partners look the best they can. Shannon was pretty awkward on the dance floor and he really played up her strengths well and they made it pretty far (probably farther than they should have). I hope if he comes back that he gets someone with some work to do, but not impossible like Kate or Buzz.

I do think they almost always give Derek someone who has potential. It is a business after all and Derek really does make things exciting. I, actually, think that either of the Houghs can get whatever they want. It seems that some of the dancers are just grateful to make the show the next time, and Derek and Julianne can come and go as they please. I would say that Cheryl, Maks, and Mark probably are in the "upper heirachy" as well. It will be interesting to see who gets the Buzz or Kate of next season.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 11:41 am

bubs wrote:
Daliana wrote:
Derek is an amzing choreagrapher but he's given people that can do amazing choreography...give him Kate Gosselin and let's see what he can do with that!

I had a hard time liking Derek this season because of his partner and I almost always root for him. Derek is the best choreographer and he always makes his partners look the best they can. Shannon was pretty awkward on the dance floor and he really played up her strengths well and they made it pretty far (probably farther than they should have). I hope if he comes back that he gets someone with some work to do, but not impossible like Kate or Buzz.

I do think they almost always give Derek someone who has potential. It is a business after all and Derek really does make things exciting. I, actually, think that either of the Houghs can get whatever they want. It seems that some of the dancers are just grateful to make the show the next time, and Derek and Julianne can come and go as they please. I would say that Cheryl, Maks, and Mark probably are in the "upper heirachy" as well. It will be interesting to see who gets the Buzz or Kate of next season.

Tony has only had 2 really good partners in all of his seasons Stacy Keibler and Melissa Rycroft.....Edyta has only had LT I think that has been decent enough. I agree Derek has gotten very good partners with the exception of Shannon who was awkward to watch. Wasn't Derek paired with Jennie Garth too??

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 11:50 am

I seem to recall reading an interview or watching one where they said the way the partners are chosen is based on a couple of things. When they have a specific physical requirement (i.e. Erin would only dance with someone taller than her, so that meant it would be Maks or Tony). Also, they said that they think about ratings and chemistry, and try to match people based on what they will bring to the show as a team dynamic.

I don't think that you will see Derek get a "Kate" type, because he is such a ratings draw, and they wouldn't want him out too early on.

Maks has had a couple good partners (the Ali girl, Mel B, and now Erin) - although I haven't watched every season, so not sure if he had more - but it seems like because he not favoured by the judges, he never seems to get the finale points it takes to win. Or the seasons that he had a good partner, someone else who is also popular was paired with a great dancer. I just want to see someone else win for a change.

Has Anna ever won?
Back to top Go down
sweetpeatx
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 11:56 am

I was torn on this issue. I mean, if the object is to pick the best dancer, then I agree that Nicole should have won. If we base it on who the fans like, then either Erin or Evan had the right to win it.

Although I agree with those who say they just weren't feeling it with Nicole, you have to admit she was the best dancer, whether it was fair for her to compete with the others or not.

I hope next year they don't have an obvious difference in talent like that. I like to see "just okay" dancers learn and blossom and break away from the pack all on their own.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 11:58 am

Schooner wrote:
I seem to recall reading an interview or watching one where they said the way the partners are chosen is based on a couple of things. When they have a specific physical requirement (i.e. Erin would only dance with someone taller than her, so that meant it would be Maks or Tony). Also, they said that they think about ratings and chemistry, and try to match people based on what they will bring to the show as a team dynamic.

I don't think that you will see Derek get a "Kate" type, because he is such a ratings draw, and they wouldn't want him out too early on.

Maks has had a couple good partners (the Ali girl, Mel B, and now Erin) - although I haven't watched every season, so not sure if he had more - but it seems like because he not favoured by the judges, he never seems to get the finale points it takes to win. Or the seasons that he had a good partner, someone else who is also popular was paired with a great dancer. I just want to see someone else win for a change.

Has Anna ever won?

Yes Maks has had those 3 good partners and with Mel and Erin made it to the final 3 I believe.

No Anna has never won.
Season 1---Alec and Kelly Monaco
Season 2---Cheryl and Drew
Season 3---Cheryl and Emmitt
Season 4---Julianne and Apolo
Season 5---Julianne and Helio
Season 6---Mark and Kristi
Season 7---Derek and Brooke
Season 8---Mark and Shawn
Season 9---Kym and Donny

and of course this season.....BLAH!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 11:59 am

sweetpeatx wrote:
I was torn on this issue. I mean, if the object is to pick the best dancer, then I agree that Nicole should have won. If we base it on who the fans like, then either Erin or Evan had the right to win it.

Although I agree with those who say they just weren't feeling it with Nicole, you have to admit she was the best dancer, whether it was fair for her to compete with the others or not.

I hope next year they don't have an obvious difference in talent like that. I like to see "just okay" dancers learn and blossom and break away from the pack all on their own.

Sweetpea you are right, technically Nicole was the best dancer (as my dh said). My problem with Nicole is she didn't seem too personable and had that playful spirit that I love with alot of dancers. Brooke was also a very good dancer early on in her season and I loved her, go figure LOL!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:04 pm

The weird thing is I liked Nicole before the season started. She has always seemed really cool and a hard worker. Plus her songs are one of my guilty pleasures.

But I didn't like her this season. Based on talent she should have won, but I felt like her personality and partnership with Derek was really contrived.

Last edited by Jessalyn on May 26th 2010, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:10 pm

Lovin- thanks for that breakdown. Cheryl, Mark, Julianne and Derek each have two. That is why I was so happy that Kym won last season. I was just happy to have it be someone else for once. That is also a huge reason I would have loved to have Anna or Maks win this season.

I liked Brooke too, but I think the difference is that Nicole pretty much is a dancer in her profession and she majored in dance in college. I know that there will always be some people that have had experience (melissa, erin, Mel b. etc..) but it really did seem that Nicole was WAY above everyone else from the start that it wasn't fun to cheer for her. In fact I think her scores were probably the same or worse on the finale from the first night. When you compare that to Erin who got sixes her first night, it just seems like Erin should have been given a fair shot to win based on improvement. But, when they scored the last dance in ranking order, Erin and Maks lost any edge they may have had from voting.

I would love to know if it would have made a difference if Maks and Erin had been ranked differently on that Argentine Tango. It may not have and then all my bitching is for nothing, but I really think that is what lost it for them.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:16 pm

bubs wrote:
Lovin- thanks for that breakdown. Cheryl, Mark, Julianne and Derek each have two. That is why I was so happy that Kym won last season. I was just happy to have it be someone else for once. That is also a huge reason I would have loved to have Anna or Maks win this season.

I liked Brooke too, but I think the difference is that Nicole pretty much is a dancer in her profession and she majored in dance in college. I know that there will always be some people that have had experience (melissa, erin, Mel b. etc..) but it really did seem that Nicole was WAY above everyone else from the start that it wasn't fun to cheer for her. In fact I think her scores were probably the same or worse on the finale from the first night. When you compare that to Erin who got sixes her first night, it just seems like Erin should have been given a fair shot to win based on improvement. But, when they scored the last dance in ranking order, Erin and Maks lost any edge they may have had from voting.

I would love to know if it would have made a difference if Maks and Erin had been ranked differently on that Argentine Tango. It may not have and then all my bitching is for nothing, but I really think that is what lost it for them.

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:38 pm

Posted by Maks on Twitter

MaksimC - And no, @ErinAndrewsESPN and I will not talk about our relationship. We're both very private people and will remain that way. Love you all! about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
Back to top Go down
Daliana
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:46 pm

Nicole was the best dancer....no doubt! But she pretty much dances for a living so it would have been an embarrassment for her not to win. My problem was that I couldn't root for her because she was such a good dancer already. If you watch Nicole's first week as compared to last night, there's no difference. She came in as good as she is now and that imo, means she shouldn't have been there at all.

These people are not supposed to be able to dance. Yes, they could have taken classes as a kid or even do sports since it is different, but to bring someone on that majored in dance, learns dance choreography for a living and makes money doing it goes against the premise of the show imo. They've had dancing pop stars before but none that have danced as much as her. Drew, Sabrina, Joey...all dancing pop stars but they don't DANCE....Nicole DANCES!
Back to top Go down
kmjm
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:49 pm

Shell wrote:

MaksimC - And no, @ErinAndrewsESPN and I will not talk about our relationship. We're both very private people and will remain that way. Love you all! about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter

Way to "not talk" about your "relationship" Maks. That as good as confirms it!
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:50 pm

kmjm wrote:
Shell wrote:

I have to laugh at that tweet since Maks and Karina did photoshoots and gave exclusives about their engagement to magazines.
Back to top Go down
Daliana
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:53 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
kmjm wrote:
Shell wrote:

I have to laugh at that tweet since Maks and Karina did photoshoots and gave exclusives about their engagement to magazines.

Well rumour has it that Karina broke Maks' heart so maybe this is a changed Maks...wants to keep Erin all to himself, Erin doesn't want to share anymore of her pprivate life OR they both want people to keep on guessing. If they are still seen out together, then we'll know.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:53 pm

Daliana wrote:
Nicole was the best dancer....no doubt! But she pretty much dances for a living so it would have been an embarrassment for her not to win. My problem was that I couldn't root for her because she was such a good dancer already. If you watch Nicole's first week as compared to last night, there's no difference. She came in as good as she is now and that imo, means she shouldn't have been there at all.

These people are not supposed to be able to dance. Yes, they could have taken classes as a kid or even do sports since it is different, but to bring someone on that majored in dance, learns dance choreography for a living and makes money doing it goes against the premise of the show imo. They've had dancing pop stars before but none that have danced as much as her. Drew, Sabrina, Joey...all dancing pop stars but they don't DANCE....Nicole DANCES!

I agree completely. She is a great dancer, but I didn't want her to win because of that. I don't mind them having a bit of an advantage (athletes - skaters, gymnasts etc. would tend to be good at dancing) or people with some childhood classes. But like you said, she gets paid to sing and dance, and it would have been ridiculous for her to not win.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:55 pm

Daliana wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:
kmjm wrote:
Shell wrote:

Well rumour has it that Karina broke Maks' heart so maybe this is a changed Maks...wants to keep Erin all to himself, Erin doesn't want to share anymore of her pprivate life OR they both want people to keep on guessing. If they are still seen out together, then we'll know.

I love seeing Maks with someone as fun-loving and crazy as Erin. Karina was so stuffy, I couldn't stand her. And Maks was alot like her when he was with her. This new Maks is so much better.
Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 12:58 pm

Daliana wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:
kmjm wrote:
Shell wrote:

Yeah that is true. Maybe Maks learned a lesson about sharing so much after getting his heart broken. I would be so thrilled if they were really a couple because I love this new side of Maks and Erin deserves some happiness after her privacy was so horrendously violated last year.
Back to top Go down
Daliana
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 1:00 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
Daliana wrote:
Jessalyn wrote:
kmjm wrote:
Shell wrote:

Yeah that is true. Maybe Maks learned a lesson about sharing so much after getting his heart broken. I would be so thrilled if they were really a couple because I love this new side of Maks and Erin deserves some happiness after getting so completely violated last year.

I agree! I've always loved Maks because he was just SO HOT! But this new smiley and humbled Maks just makes him 100X hotter! I mean he was freaking emotional last night...I hope they're together too....they look like they make each other happy as much as they drive each other crazy!
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 2:12 pm

Maybe due to security reasons, for both Max and Erin, it could cause an issue with the nutcase(s) who threatened and stalked Erin. I know that one is in prison, but wasn't there another crazy threatening her life if she did DWTS?

Max could be in real danger, if they went all out with a public relationship right now.

ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 2:16 pm

I think Nicole was the best dancer and started as the best dancer- I just would argue maybe that she became the best balloom dancer. I think her talent and line and "oh my God you're the best ever" masked some flaws that were called out on Evan and Erin. That bash on the lift in the freestyle, for example- was a really BIG mess to me- not a tiny little thing. I would also argue that her footwork wasn't always the best.

But it's all good. overall I loved the season- I got to see Evan every week and Erin, too. And it is only a mirrorball trophy, afterall!

Anyway- congrats to Nicole- I did love the season- and it was so fun watching it while posting in this thread, so thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sydney2
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16373

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 3:17 pm

Nicole was the best dancer no doubt about it. All of my family, friends and coworkers were rooting for her all the way. I was rooting for her or Evan since I enjoyed watching both of them.
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 3:24 pm

I keep remembering the very beginning when Erin told Maks she wanted Tony as a partner. LOL I bet she doesn't think that anymore.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 3:51 pm

Hope wrote:
I keep remembering the very beginning when Erin told Maks she wanted Tony as a partner. LOL I bet she doesn't think that anymore.

I heard her say she asked for either Maks or Tony.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 4:00 pm

I bet Tony wanted Erin as his partner. LOL

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 4:27 pm

Didn't Kate want Jonathon but the show felt his personality wasn't strong enough for her?
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 4:33 pm

And no, @ErinAndrewsESPN
and I will not talk about our relationship. We're both very private
people and will remain that way. Love you all!

about 5 hours ago

via UberTwitter

That tells me that they are in a relationship and should make the haters go poof!

Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 4:33 pm

Maks would have killed Kate had they been paired! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 6:04 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
And no, @ErinAndrewsESPN
and I will not talk about our relationship. We're both very private
people and will remain that way. Love you all!

about 5 hours ago

via UberTwitter

That tells me that they are in a relationship and should make the haters go poof!

Yup, I agree. I they weren't in a relationship she would say so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 6:27 pm

Oh, oh...Terry Bradshaw!

catty

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 8:25 pm

I expected her to win. It wasn't a surprise, but why was she so surprised she won? She knew she was going to win no matter how many times she says she wasn't sure blah blah blah.

I hope Derek's next partner is someone like Kate.

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   May 26th 2010, 8:39 pm

catty wrote:
I expected her to win. It wasn't a surprise, but why was she so surprised she won? She knew she was going to win no matter how many times she says she wasn't sure blah blah blah.

I hope Derek's next partner is someone like Kate.

Nicole is a drama queen who craves attention IMO. I hope Derek gets someone like Kate too. I think he is taking a break though.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10   June 7th 2010, 1:11 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Results 5/25/10