Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 8:47 pm

Erin and Maks have been ahead(1st) only in the raw- never in the total score. I'm thinking it must be because of the text vote factor-Erin's fan base must be big in texting; hope Evan's is, too!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 9:29 pm

If anyone is having a hard time getting your online votes done, wait until the morning and vote its less congested at abc.com but make sure you do it by 11am est!!!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 9:31 pm

I know Dial Idol was wrong last week.. but it still makes me nervous. They don't update the scores through the night, I guess it's just based on the first half hour. I voted for Erin and Maks on two cells and our land line.

I really hope it is her or Evan. Evan might get a lot of people voting for him because he didn't do too well.

I LOVED Erin and maks freestyle and I call BS that they went first again and Nicole got to go last.
Back to top Go down
heyhay28
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5170
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 9:35 pm

I voted from my hotel room for an entire thirty minutes, not to mention the entire time I was walking on the treadmill during the show I used the phone in the work out room, I had my husband call, I called from my cell phone, I called from my husband's work cell phone so I hope it helps.

My thought on the show....

I loved Maks and Erin's dances, both of them....I think they were by far and away the best of the night. I loved that they did something different, I loved that even Maks as a pro really challenged himself.
HATED Evan and Anna's freestyle, I thought they did a really great job on their first dance though.
I just really can not feel Nicole...I don't know why. You have to give props to Derek though, he did an amazing routine and it was awesome how he put parts of a bunch of different dances in that one dance and worked it all together, it was a fun routine to watch, his choreography is always amazing and he does do a really good job at the freestyles I mean he does have a lot of experience doing them and they are always good it seems pretty normal for him though, nothing that really blew me away.
Back to top Go down
heyhay28
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 9:39 pm

I'm harassing people on Facebook now to call in and vote, my family already thinks I'm crazy so whatever
Back to top Go down
tish
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 9:53 pm

Jessalyn wrote:
I wasn't that impressed with the freestyles this year.

Nothing matches Drew and Cheryl's Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy freestyle dance.

Loved that dance!
Back to top Go down
tish
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 9:57 pm

Do y'all think that was Maks and Erin's way of saying they are a couple? He said it kind of told their story and she said they were the perfect couple to do this dance. Am I reading too much into it?
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 10:07 pm

KyGirl wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Vote five (5) times online.

http://cdn.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote

Five (5) times per phone number

1-800-868-3404 for Maks and Erin
Mappy is it 3403 or 3404?

Sorry. Got lost in 24 and the Flyers/Habs game.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 10:08 pm

I did call and I did vote online. Hope everyone else got through.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 11:03 pm

Just watched the show I absolutely LOVED Erin and Maks dances!! I think they did a phenomenal job on BOTH! It was nice to see a different type of freestyle so that was awesome. I did like Nicole and Derek's freestyle and I have to give Derek props for always choreographing amazing dances, but I still can't with Nicole and IMO I think Derek has lost a little of his charm this season. and you all know I love Derek!

GO ERIN AND MAKS

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3601
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 11:12 pm

Just finished watching. I thought they all did great in their freestyle and I was alarmed at the response of the judges to Evan and Anna. They didn't deserve that in my opinion. I think the couple that brings the sparkle is Maks and Erin - the others are technical and exacting and very good but that spark is absent and it makes the dancing pale in comparison. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow night but I'll be happy for which ever couple wins. All my votes went to Erin and Maks.
Back to top Go down
ams06
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1855
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 11:15 pm

Really loved Erin and Maks freestyle. It was so diff but awesome.
Back to top Go down
Kelli
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 11:17 pm

tish wrote:
Do y'all think that was Maks and Erin's way of saying they are a couple? He said it kind of told their story and she said they were the perfect couple to do this dance. Am I reading too much into it?

I was wondering the same thing! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sarahnator
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2459
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 11:30 pm

Wtf did Carrie Ann mean when she said it wasn't Maks' specialty to make his partner look good? Uh ok...

All my votes went to Erin and Maks Smile

Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 24th 2010, 11:38 pm

Loved this move!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 1:48 am

Sarahnator wrote:
Wtf did Carrie Ann mean when she said it wasn't Maks' specialty to make his partner look good? Uh ok...

All my votes went to Erin and Maks Smile

Carrie Ann is the worst! Go Erin and Maks! tens

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 1:48 am

Janelle's#1Fan wrote:
Loved this move!

sweating They were so hot tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this!

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 6:59 am

I'm pretty sue Evan won't win now or even make it to the final 2 Sad. I'm afraid the judges are setting up an Erin/Nicole final so that they can just give it to Nicole, because tonight they can with their votes. I re-watched all of the dances, and I think the judges were a little tough on Evan and Anna; feels like a primer for Evan in 3rd place. There were LOTS of bobbles by Nicole in that freestyle,too- and parts where they weren't in sync. For CarrieAnn to say it was flawless except for the last lift I don't get. Maks had the most innovative freestyle, and it wasn't judged fairly, either, imo. It was the ONLY freestyle of the night that was gasp-worthy, to me. Excuse my whine, I'm just bummed out that the one with the most experience seems to get the least criticism if she misses a step or a hold, but Erin gets penalized for 'losing her footing' in a bed!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 7:00 am

ranjake wrote:
I'm pretty sue Evan won't win now or even make it to the final 2 Sad. I'm afraid the judges are setting up an Erin/Nicole final so that they can just give it to Nicole, because tonight they can with their votes. I re-watched all of the dances, and I think the judges were a little tough on Evan and Anna; feels like a primer for Evan in 3rd place. There were LOTS of bobbles by Nicole in that freestyle,too- and parts where they weren't in sync. For CarrieAnn to say it was flawless except for the last lift I don't get. Maks had the most innovative freestyle, and it wasn't judged fairly, either, imo. It was the ONLY freestyle of the night that was gasp-worthy, to me. Excuse my whine, I'm just bummed out that the one with the most experience seems to get the least criticism if she misses a step or a hold, but Erin gets penalized for 'losing her footing' in a bed!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 7:04 am

lovin wrote:
ranjake wrote:

great post, never thought of it exactly that way, harshest criticism for least experenced, break for most experenced. ??????????
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 8:10 am

ITA ranjake!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 8:17 am

[img][/img]
tish wrote:

Absolutely, yes!!! It was the perfect dance for these two lovebirds.

ETA: I think Erin/Maks will win tonight.
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 9:04 am

Does anybody here know anything about 'raw scores' on Dial Idol, and how to read them? And if so, what are they for last nights dances? I know Dial Idol had E/M eliminated last week, but I read several places the raw scores had them in first place. I was wondering if it was hopefully the same this week, but I don't know anything about how to read them or even where to find them on that site.
Back to top Go down
heyhay28
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 9:41 am

You can still vote online for a little over an hour, it's really easy to set up e mail accounts and vote online....just saying Wink
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 9:44 am

Did my voting from all my email addresses!! Go ERIN AND MAKS!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 9:50 am

I gave my 5 online votes to Erin and Maks. I was so impressed by them, and it was so great to see them getting good scores.

I have to say, I was blown away by their Freestyle. It was so different from anything we have seen to date, and super, super hot. I loved how Maks said it was "their story".

My favourite move - when he jumped on her on the bed and sort of suspended himself above her...wow.

I so hope they win this.
Back to top Go down
jami
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:00 am

Erin and Maks' freestyle was HOT!! It made my imagination run wild thinking about what their personal life must be/would be like!!! I admit to watching that dance a couple of times this morning! Wink
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:05 am

Bronwyn wrote:
Does anybody here know anything about 'raw scores' on Dial Idol, and how to read them? And if so, what are they for last nights dances? I know Dial Idol had E/M eliminated last week, but I read several places the raw scores had them in first place. I was wondering if it was hopefully the same this week, but I don't know anything about how to read them or even where to find them on that site.

First of all- I'm so embarrassed I wrote "sue" instead of "sure" in my post above--not enough coffee yet.

Erin/Maks are far ahead in the raw votes again this week-Evan/Anna second. Erin/Maks were far ahead in raw votes last week, but then Derek and Nicole were second. This week , Evan/Anna are a little ahead in everything else except the judges scores and raw votes, but not by much.

I don't understand what any of it is supposed to mean!!!

I'm not getting my hopes up, because I think if CarrieAnn and Bruno can find a way for Nicole to win, they will. They can give 10's to Nicole and 8's to Erin, and then it's over- all the while dinging Erin for every missed step, but probably not even looking at Nicole's feet.

I know, I know, it sounds like sour grapes- but if you re-watch the dances, Nicole is really getting a pass. And whoever pointed out last night when she pulls down her tights? Did you see that?! It's crazy- I can't believe I missed it.

Feeling a little vindicated that columnists for Wall Street Journal and Associated Content agree that Nicole was not perfect and was propped up, and that Maks/Erin/Anna/Evan were dinged unfairly.

The reason I'm so resigned to Nicole winning is Tom said Erin was in the BOTTOM 2 last week. So even if they make it to the final 2, and I think they will- the judges can prop Nicole over them easily and justify it as "the (insert dance) we've all been waiting for!" NOT. If Erin DOES get in the final with Nicole, I'm hoping at least they can dance second, because the audience loves them best, imo.

Agree with everyone- Maks and Erin did an amazing, unappreciated(by the judges) freestyle. Just try rolling really fast, over your bed, point your toes perfectly. hyperextend your legs and then get up, gracefully, on one foot, without using your hands at all. (I'll admit I tried, and failed!)even though Maks wasn't standing in my bedroom! not as easy as it looks-at all. And they had incredible lifts.

Last edited by ranjake on May 25th 2010, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daliana
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3294

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:06 am

Maks and Erin's freestyle really impressed me too...This isn't So You Think You Can Dance where the dancers are trained and have years of experience. To come out and not only attempt it but do a pretty darn good job is really impressive. They took a risk and hopefully it paid off!

I did think the judges were harsh on Evan and Anna's first dance....they did a beautiful waltz but their free style got away from them. Nicole is by far the best dancer, no question.....but she could have done the dances she did last night on week 1. She was that good from the start so there was no progression and imo, it made her boring.

Erin fullfilled her potential and therefore I want her to win!
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3601
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:07 am

Nicole started pulling down her pants like she was going to use the toilet right there on stage during the interview. It was so odd and obvious.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:16 am

Washed Up wrote:
Nicole started pulling down her pants like she was going to use the toilet right there on stage during the interview. It was so odd and obvious.

It's SO crazy! I have no idea how I missed it-what the hell was she doing?

I don't think Evan and Anna's freestyle was the best- that was Maks/Erin by far- but in watching it again- it wasn't as bad as the judges said. Nicole and Derek had lots of problems if you watch again- I was not impressed after re-watching. And they did not always have "matching lines".
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:23 am

Did Tom really say Erin and Maks were bottom two last week? I don't remember that. I just remember thinking it must have been one of those 'not necessarily in the bottom two weeks', cause I didn't think he announced they were officially bottom two.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:30 am

Bronwyn wrote:
Did Tom really say Erin and Maks were bottom two last week? I don't remember that. I just remember thinking it must have been one of those 'not necessarily in the bottom two weeks', cause I didn't think he announced they were officially bottom two.

I thought he did. I thought he actually said it. If he didn't.....
Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:53 am

I agree with everyone about Erin and Maks.. I am obsessed with them.. They are too precious. I voted with all the families 4 ATT phones. I texted on all 4 phones and I aloso logged in online votes for 2 emails.. Hopefully they can walk home with the disco ball and have their private freestyle dance to celebrate!!!!!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 10:54 am

Bronwyn wrote:

I didn't think he said they were in the bottom two either. I just thought they did it that way to add suspense because everyone thought that it would be Erin or Chad going. I could be wrong though....
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 11:01 am

I think when Nicole was changing her outfit during the live dance, she must have grabbed the pants that were under the pants and pulled them down more than intended (wardrobe malfunction?). The camera panned away from her and then back.

I noticed during her interview with Brooke Burke that she was sort of hauling them down a bit - almost as if she felt where they were sitting was not quite "sexy" enough.

I agree with whomever said - yeah Nicole is a great dancer, but she could have done the same dance during week 1. She has been the same, consistent good dancer throughout.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 12:58 pm

I will admit, i haven't watched most of this season, but with all the hoopla over Erin and Maks I had to go to youtube land and watch their dances from last night. The free style was beautiful. When she said it tells the story of their relationship it seemed pretty obvious to me that they are in one. It was fun watching that dance after hearing her say that because in the beginning, one is pushing the other away and that goes back and forth until they succumb to their passion.

Help me out here. What makes you all think the judges want to see Nicole in the finals? Don't they want ratings? If you google DWTS Erin and Maks are discussed more than anybody.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 1:09 pm

You can still Vote! Erin and Maks!

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 1:46 pm

Moody- I think it's mostly CarrieAnn, and Bruno is her puppet- mostly because he wants to piss Len off. Then combine the fact that Len and Maks have some mysterious ongoing pissing contest going on, plus the backlash last year with some of Donny Osmond's judges scores over Mya. I don't think Evan will be in final 2, and I can't see CarrieAnn or Bruno giving Nicole any less than a 9 even if she sits on her butt and knits.

I think if it were Erin vs. Evan in the final 2 the judges would be fair, but I think CarrieAnn and Bruno wanted Evan out of the final 2, so they can essentially pick the winner. That's my conspiracy theory anyway! I'm an Evan fan, so I'm biased- but Evan's freestyle wasn't THAT bad- especially if they're really supposed to watch him, not Anna- and Nicole/Derek's was, imo, cheesy, messy, BIG problems on 2 lifts. Also, I thought Evan's 1st dance was beautiful. I need a wambulance!
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   May 25th 2010, 2:03 pm

ranjake wrote:
Moody- I think it's mostly CarrieAnn, and Bruno is her puppet- mostly because he wants to piss Len off. Then combine the fact that Len and Maks have some mysterious ongoing pissing contest going on, plus the backlash last year with some of Donny Osmond's judges scores over Mya. I don't think Evan will be in final 2, and I can't see CarrieAnn or Bruno giving Nicole any less than a 9 even if she sits on her butt and knits.

I think if it were Erin vs. Evan in the final 2 the judges would be fair, but I think CarrieAnn and Bruno wanted Evan out of the final 2, so they can essentially pick the winner. That's my conspiracy theory anyway! I'm an Evan fan, so I'm biased- but Evan's freestyle wasn't THAT bad- especially if they're really supposed to watch him, not Anna- and Nicole/Derek's was, imo, cheesy, messy, BIG problems on 2 lifts. Also, I thought Evan's 1st dance was beautiful. I need a wambulance!

Interesting. I had no idea there was so much drama surrounding the judges, but I shouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Discussion 5/24/2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: