KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 21st 2010, 5:26 pm

emmasam wrote:
I can see them now
Did you have to click on something? I still cant see.
Back to top Go down
emmasam
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 21st 2010, 5:41 pm

KyGirl wrote:
emmasam wrote:
I can see them now
Did you have to click on something? I still cant see.

No I just refreshed and they were there.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 21st 2010, 7:21 pm

Vienna looks like she has a baby bump in that one pic

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 21st 2010, 7:30 pm

That is why I asked if they annouced she was pregnant because IMO she had a bump. Food bump?

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 21st 2010, 8:28 pm

I think I have fallen in love with this new Max...I have a sick feeling that they are going to announce a wedding date and show for Jake and V and their dance will be a promo for another Bachelor wedding. Jake just loves being on tv and it will keep the spotlight on them longer.

HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 21st 2010, 9:23 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 22nd 2010, 3:13 am

Samantha Harris & Carrie Ann Inaba Talk 'DWTS' Predictions

Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 23rd 2010, 9:17 pm

http://www.mjsbigblog.com

Could ‘Dancing with the Stars’ beat ‘American Idol’ finale ratings for first time?

Ratings rivals “American Idol” and “Dancing With the Stars” both take a bow this week with their season finales. Could the “Dancing” season ender actually topple the Fox giant for the first time ever?

Yes, and here’s why in two words: Kate Gosselin.

The Octomom drama queen had quite a run on the parquet, lasting for weeks before finally being eliminated April 20. But when the former star of “Jon and Kate Plus Eight” was vanquished by voters, ABC execs started sweating as ratings took a free fall of 17 percent.

MLive

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 23rd 2010, 9:19 pm

Dances for finale:

From Anna T's twitter, it looks like the dance-off on Tuesday night is the quickstep. Very interesting given that N/D's quickstep was called out by Len as "not a quickstep," Evan's QS had an encore performance, and Erin's QS was the first week that she saw 9s and was told that it was her "best dance yet."

Erin/Maks
:
Monday night: samba, freestyle

Evan/Anna:
Monday night: Viennese waltz, freestyle

Nicole/Derek:
Monday night: rumba, freestyle

Tuesday night:
All three couples will redo their ATs.
The final two will have a quickstep dance-off.

Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 23rd 2010, 9:24 pm

Seattle Times
Via: http://www.mjsbigblog.com

Season 10 of 'Dancing With the Stars' spins to a close

How do we love ABC's "Dancing With the Stars"? Let us count the ways, as Nicole Scherzinger, Erin Andrews and Evan Lysacek prepare to face off in the finals.

By Moira Macdonald
Seattle Times arts writer

ADAM LARKEY / ABC
Pussycat Dolls' singer Nicole Scherzinger, with professional partner Derek Hough, is a natural.

Oh, that tango. Did you see it? Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough made that 90-second dance a thing of dark beauty. Slowly they rose, from bended knees, legs coiling and flicking as if kicking away some very precise fly. Eyes smoldering, shoulders set, they wove a tapestry of movement; at one point, she stood on his foot as he raised it, so delicately you didn't even have time to think about how impossible such a move would be. It was, like the tango of Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke a couple of seasons back, utterly mesmerizing.

And then there was the sparkly turquoise jumpsuit worn by Erin Andrews for her Viennese waltz, which was just as mesmerizing — in a different way.

"Dancing with the Stars," my and everybody else's favorite guilty-pleasure TV show, entertains on a number of levels. There's the cheesy fun of the glitterball trophy, the sequins, the perpetually bare-chested men, the how-does-she-keep-that-on dresses, the weirdly orange spray-tans, the pairing of long floaty skirts with barely-there bikini tops. (Edyta, we hardly knew you this season.) There's the wit of host Tom Bergeron, who sets the perfect tone for the show by not taking himself too seriously. There's the banter between the judges: gushy Carrie Ann Inaba, stern Len Goodman (who always takes a firm stand against Messing About), explosive Bruno Tonioli.

But the heart of this show, despite all the distractions, is dance. Unlike many reality-show competitions, judged dance contests have been with us for a long time (Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers compete in a charming one in 1936's "Follow the Fleet"). "DWTS," based on a British TV series, twists the idea by assembling a group of not-too-busy celebrities (some very famous, some thoroughly obscure) of varying ages, professions and — to put it kindly — abilities.

The show's first few weeks bring us the often stupefying spectacle of some truly terrible dancing as the show's ever-game professional dancers, smiles fixed and hips desperately shimmying, drag their hapless, clomping partners through their paces. Remember Penn Jillette? Monica Seles? Steve Wozniak? Kate "Instead of Dancing I'm Just Going to Look Really, Really Angry" Gosselin?

Soon enough, though, the nondancers fall away and we get to the real fun of the show. A few contestants, from the first day of the season, reveal themselves to be born dancers; while others may start off slowly but let us watch them falling in love with dance. It's a kick to see how some of these — Kelly Osbourne, as a past example — just get better and better every week, and share their joy in transformation: they become dancers, before our eyes.

But who will win the coveted (and gloriously tacky) mirrorball trophy this time? In Monday night's finale, we've got an interesting scenario. There's the natural talent: Scherzinger, whose lyrical grace, snappy speed and dramatic flair makes her a perfect match for the terrific Hough — often seem like two professionals doing an exhibition. (How adorable was that fox trot to a Michael Bublé song two weeks ago?) There's the Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek, who has beautiful lines and great athleticism despite a tendency toward the robotic. He improved dramatically last week, finally seeming to notice that his partner, lithe Anna Trebunskaya, is a knockout.

And there's the comeback kid: sportscaster Erin Andrews, who was definitely awkward in her early weeks but has, with partner Maksim "Shirtless" Chmerkovskiy, shown the season's most dramatic trajectory as she's gradually figured out what to do with her wonderfully long arms and legs. When she jumped into Maksim's arms from the top of the stairs at the beginning of their tango two weeks ago, I gasped — it was a gorgeous, fearless move, and one I suspect she couldn't have done a month earlier.

Whether or not the "DWTS" voting is rigged (it sure seemed that way when the ratings-friendly Gosselin stayed on for so long, didn't it?), I think the outcome is a done deal: Lysacek will win, because a) he's a very good dancer, b) he's an Olympic gold medalist, like previous "DWTS" winners Apolo Anton Ohno, Kristi Yamaguchi and Shawn Johnson, and c) he's got the biggest fan base of the three finalists. Scherzinger, a far better dancer, should win but won't; she's this season's Gilles Marini (who lost to Johnson). In my ideal "DWTS" world, Scherzinger would win, Niecy Nash would take over Brooke Burke's emcee-sidekick job (if standing around batting your eyelashes into a microphone is indeed a job), and this ridiculously addictive show would be on all year round, so we can all let our inner dancers strut — in a perfect tango.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 11:11 am

GO ERIN AND MAKS!!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 11:53 am

Go Erin and Maks!!! Can't wait to see their free style.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 1:04 pm

Dancing’’s Carrie Ann Inaba: Final Three’s Health & Scores at Stake Tonight

“Dancing with the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba tells ET’s Samantha Harris why “the danger factor is very high” for Evan Lysacek, Nicole Scherzinger and Erin Andrews as they compete tonight on the final performance show of the season.

“Everybody wants to up the ante, and they want to go for dangerous and risky moves,” Carrie Ann says. “The risk for injury is huge, because when they do those lifts, if the hand is just slightly off and the body shifts, you’re going down, and that’s a wood floor … it’s really dangerous.”

ETOnline

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 1:05 pm

DWTS” Nicole Scherzinger: I Don’t Want it to End

ET was with Pussycat Doll performer Nicole Scherzinger and her “Dancing with the Stars” pro partner Derek Hough at their top secret rehearsal for tonight’s season finale “Dancing” showdown!

Nicole and Derek are staying tight-lipped about the freestyle routine they will perform tonight, but they do reveal that it’s a dance that hasn’t yet been performed on the hit ABC show this season.

ETOnline

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 1:07 pm

Evan Lysacek Reveals His Secret Weapon!

The “Dancing with the Stars” finals are tonight, and with only three couples remaining, the pressure is on! It may be a race too close to call between Olympic skating champ Evan Lysacek, ESPN sportscaster Erin Andrews and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, but Evan tells us, “We don’t feel a lot of pressure — we just want to do our best.”

“It’s the last stretch and you give it your all, and that’s the only way you can do it,” agrees Evan’s pro partner, Anna Trebunskaya.

ET Online

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 1:08 pm

‘Dancing’ down to the wire with the three finalists

Two early favorites and a long shot vie for Dancing With the Stars’ mirror-ball trophy as Season 10 wraps up (ABC, Monday, Tuesday, 8 ET/PT). Olympic skater Evan Lysacek and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger, early front-runners for their performance skills, will hoof it out with ESPN’s Erin Andrews. They’ll perform two dances a night — “an unbelievable amount of work,” says co-host Brooke Burke. USA TODAY’s Gary Strauss talks with the finalists.

USA Today

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 1:09 pm

Last Dance: Who Will Win ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Mirror Ball Trophy?

Tonight, Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough, Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya will battle for the coveted mirror ball trophy on the finale of ABC’s hit dance competition, “Dancing With the Stars.”

They’ve waltzed and tangoed, cha-cha’ed and foxtrotted their way through the entire competition, earning praise — and sometimes, criticism — from judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli.

ABC News

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 1:13 pm

Kelli wrote:
Go Erin and Maks!!! Can't wait to see their free style.

Me too!!! I worry though because I know Derek's freestyles are awesome usually! I sooo want them to KILL IT! And I have to work tonight so leave me good details ladies and I'll love you forever!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 2:27 pm

I think I'm just going to watch and then decide how to split my votes between Evan and Erin. Evan is my favorite because I've been a big fan forever, and I fell in love with Erin on this show. My SIL in california and her friends that I rallied this week are all still going to vote for Erin, and I'd be really happy if Erin won, too. My dream outcome is actually Evan/Erin going 1/2 in any order.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 2:32 pm

I think it will be Evan that wins, but I want Erin too!

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 3:00 pm

I'm just not sure. I'm just thinking Derek has a really big fan base. Or Nicole has a big fan base I'm not aware of. I do think Nicole is a great dancer, but I personally don't feel bad not rooting for her to win, because I think she began as a great dancer, and I think through it all- her great dancing has masked kind of a lack of connection between her and Derek that both Erin and Evan have built. I feel like Nicole and Derek are "the chosen ones" of Bruno and CarrieAnn, and I think Len has some kind of problem that biases him against Maks. Anyway, I'm excited for tonight! Evan and Anna might have some awesome lifts tonight; they've been working with Tanith Belbin/Ben Agosto/Meryl Davis/ Charlie White(Olympic Silver Medalists and Ice Dancers). The Y lift they did a few weeks ago they 'stole' or borrowed from Tanith and Ben.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 3:05 pm

Nicole & Derek are going to kill the freestyle. I don't really have a fav, but it seems like Erin & Maks are the fav here. I'm meh on them. I think they're pulling a Anniston/Butler and letting people think there's a relationship for publicity and support. I could be wrong of course!

I think I want Evan to win. Erin would be okay but Nicole winning would piss me off a little. It's just so obvious how much experience she's had.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 3:10 pm

Quote :
Anniston/Butler and letting people think there's a relationship for publicity and support.

That is what Jennifer does anytime she need to promote a movie. She gets into a fake relationship. It is really annoying.

IMO I think Maks and Erin are not faking it. Maks has always been an ass and this year he is so happy. I don't think he is that good of an actor to fake this. We will see after DWTS is over.

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 3:12 pm

I know; Derek choreographs AMAZING freestyles, and Nicole can pull it off. Erin can do really cool stuff, too- that jump/leap/lift was great- as long as she keeps her confidence up. I just really want to see Derek one year with a partner as dancing-challenged as Kate G.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 3:35 pm

video

The video will not embed so click on video to view it. It was really sweet!

Great Find emmasam!!

(from TBO.com) Erin and Steve Andrews

Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 4:50 pm

Coach Calipari says to vote for Erin and Max

ErinAndrewsESPN

RT @UKCoachCalipari Support Erin Andrews, as DWTS begins its 2 nite finale. Make sure u vote 4 Erin by texting "Vote" to 3403 or abc.com.
23 minutes ago via Twitterrific

bamajen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 4:51 pm

Coach Pete Carroll says to vote for Erin and Max
RT @PeteCarroll @ErinAndrewsESPN believe in your preparation/abilities & strive to be the greatest "you"... that'll always be enough!
about 4 hours ago via Twitterri

HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 5:24 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 5:57 pm

extratv
Sneak Peak at Last-Minute '#DWTS' Rehearsals http://su.pr/1fmkdd 1 minute ago via Su.pr

Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 6:19 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
extratv
Sneak Peak at Last-Minute '#DWTS' Rehearsals http://su.pr/1fmkdd 1 minute ago via Su.pr
Happy at least extra's poll has Erin and Maks ahead!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 6:22 pm

KyGirl wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
extratv
Happy at least extra's poll has Erin and Maks ahead!

Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 24th 2010, 6:32 pm

Erin and Maks have to KILL it tonight. I am so nervous for their freestyle. I know Derek's will be awesome as always. If Erin can get 9's and 10's I think she has a shot. I will be happy if it's Erin or Evan.. just not Nicole....
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 11:08 am

Dancing with the Stars – The Final! – RECAP

May 24th, 2010 | Author: mj

The most improved award goes to Erin Andrews, who really stepped it up tonight! She danced with personality and skill tonight. Really dug her freestyle contemporary. For a minute I thought I was watching So You Think You Can Dance. Erin is tied for 1st place with Nicole Scherzinger at 55 points.

Evan Lysacek had an uneven night, dancing a beautiful Viennese Waltz, but sliding backwards with his corny, frenetic freestyle.

Nicole is still the dancer to beat. And I’d like to see either Evan or Erin–both underdogs–beat her. They sit at the bottom of the leaderboard at 52.

Tomorrow night, there will be two more competitive dances for judges scores, so it’s not over til it’s over…

Who will take home the mirrored trophy ball this week? Erin Andrews, Evan Lysacek or Nicole Scherzinger? The trio and their professional partners perform tonight!

Live blog and videos after the JUMP…

Read the rest of this entry »

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 11:50 am

http://www.ew.com

'Dancing With the Stars' recap: The finals!

By Annie Barrett| May 25, 2010

Erin, Evan, and Nicole get through two of the four dances they'll need to achieve world domination in the form of a hardened ball of glitter

Image credit: Adam Larkey/ABC
ADULT CONTEMPORARY Don't cha wish your bedmate was hot like he?

On the very quick-paced performance finale of Dancing With the Stars, Erin, Evan, and Nicole performed a ''redemption dance'' and tackled the simultaneously dreaded and revered freestyle round. Some light foreplay calmed Erin's nerves, and Derek worked it out as usual, but poor Evan and Anna couldn't agree on a freestyle in time and ended up with a routine neither of them seemed to believe in. Anna was crying. The horror!

The way each couple appeared at the end when Tom and Brooke were babbling pretty much said it all: Evan and Anna stood in place with pretty but strained smiles (they're usually more relaxed), Nicole and Derek were flailing around in loose full-body sways (they're typically hyper-aware of the camera), and Maks had Erin wrapped in a forward-facing beefy arm hug (same as usual, though they seemed more comfortable than ever to exist like that in the moment). We have a markedly different vibe going into tonight's finale. I hope that for stress-relief purposes, Evan has a real piano, or an app for that on his iPhone, to tickle as a substitute for Anna's dress.

A few notes: Brooke Burke certainly doesn't shop at EW.com's HIdden Gems Emporium for her huge jewels, and her Bumpit-infused hair was a good 1.5 times wider than her tiny waist; Maks' facial hair rate of growth is out of control in a great way; and I cried a single tear after that exquisite High Mass-style opening tribute to the mirrorball trophy. Just kidding — I'd merely placed a tear-shaped rhinestone on my face, contestant-style. You gotta be festive for finals week! Meanwhile, last night's band-pan included an ample shot of Princess Sparkle but zero zoom-in love for Enthusiastic Chimes Lady. What gives? I can only assume ECL will get her own brief filler segment tonight. They can wedge her personality ''package'' between the Vienna-se nightmare and the seventh teaser of Kate Gosselin explaining for the billionth time how much people think she sucks. Make it happen, powers that bedazzle!

Without further ado, and for the last time....Will the judges please reveal their scores? LiftPolice Chief Carrie Ann Inaba!

Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 29 + 26 = 55 out of possible 60 Well, this is a surprise! Erin's at the top of the judges' leader board, if only alphabetically. She and Nicole tied; Evan was three points behind. Bruno helped Erin with her ''redemption dance,'' the samba, by providing excellent advice to keep her steps closer together and screaming at her to look at her own ass. I was too busy gaping at her incredible upper thigh bruise to really notice her ass, which in the samba was shrouded by long strands of curlicued wrapping ribbon instead of the original purple feather-duster costume. Unlike the judges, I didn't think this samba was that much improved from Erin's first. But I was extremely intrigued by the multicolored triangular flags imported directly from an outdoor swim meet to the stage, as well as the animated circles on the big screens that reminded me of Brach's Starlight Mints. I have no idea why the judges didn't mention that. Len: ''I always wanted to be kissed by a man with a beard.'' Dream bigger, DANCMSTR.

NEXT: Erin's bedroom dance, Nicole's rumba

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 11:52 am

For their intimate freestyle, tentatively titled ''Oversharing (Not the Bed We Rehearsed On),'' Maks enlisted the help of So You Think You Can Dance choreographer Mandy Moore — the Mandy Moore who is not a pop star and is not missing you like candy. (SYTYCD fans would have recognized a few memorable moments from that series in this dance — especially when Maks executed the planche over Erin just like Neil did over Sabra during season 3's table routine. Some may have found this too derivative, but I was thrilled to recognize a favorite move. Sweet dreams are made of this.) The contemporary bent was unprecedented for a DWTS contestant's freestyle, and whether it worked for you or not probably depends on how tolerable you find contemporary dance and/or the idea of Maks and Erin playing up their season 10 showmance for votes. I wholeheartedly approve of both — good or bad, the dance did succeed in setting Erin apart from Evan and Nicole, and the bed thing was so cheesy and ridiculous and tongue-in-cheek that it ended up working for me, much like the rest of what happens on this show. I figure Erin probably wouldn't beat the other two in a ballroom-heavy freestyle, so why not do something crazy?

For the record, my much more reasonable mom, DANCMSTR Dee, hated Erin's freestyle — in an e-mail, she claimed there was way too much ''climbin' about'' on the bed and that Erin's slipper shoes made the bottoms of her feet look dirty. ''We were sorry he didn't maksimize her strengths!'' she wrote in a cutesy attempt to seem clever. So you see where I get it.

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough: 28 + 27 = 55/60 With the actual trophy in plain sight and plenty of other giant disco balls flanking the floor, Nicole and Derek's ''Lady in Red'' rumba served as their own ode to the mirrorball trophy. I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight/ I've never seen you shine so bright. We're lucky Erin and Maks' double bed hadn't been rolled out early so that Nicole and Derek could have danced with the trophy, ''cheek to cheek,'' so to speak, under the sheets. I especially liked the shot of the pair embracing mid-dance in front of the trophy during the line ''It's where I wanna be.'' Subtle! Rumba tutor Carrie Ann had wanted to see Nicole be vulnerable in the dance, to let herself go and not worry about technique. Carrie Ann approved of Nicole's ''softened edges,'' but it was Derek who had to worry about technique. C.A. dinged him for a lift, even though Derek had consciously waited until the song was over before lifting. ''He was done with his note, but the song wasn't done. DEREK!'' screamed the LiftPolice Chief as I suddenly wondered what the hell I was doing with my life.

NEXT: Evan and Anna attend a demented prom

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 11:54 am

Nothing screams ''Don't worry, we'll be removing a layer shortly'' like black sparkly suits paired with chartreuse footies that look like what people wear during open houses to protect the wood floors. I'm just shocked that the wardrobe change — which provided us with a lovely yet awkward shot of the judges as Derek disrobed — didn't occur sooner in the freestyle. Derek choreographed a routine combining plenty of familiar dances such as quickstep, jive, fun, and entertainment (according to DANCMSTR) and only a few Pussycat Dolls-esque hip-hop moves. I would have liked it a lot better if Nicole hadn't visibly gritted her teeth at the end, but I did love when Carrie Ann called out their very obvious mangling of a complicated lift and Derek good-naturedly responded, ''That's okay.'' Because it was okay! It was a fancy lift in the friggin' freestyle round that happened to not go perfectly. Who cares?! But it turned out to not be okay, because Derek and Nicole had to race up to execute the lift semi-correctly in the celebriquarium to make us believe they were capable of it. Look, we believe you. But you're still not getting 10s, as much as it pains the judges to not award a perfect 30 during the finals.

Evan Lysacek and Anna Tre-BUN-skaya: 28 + 24 = 52/60 Chemistry was key for their Viennese waltz redux, said DANCMSTR, who showed Evan how to focus on Anna and create ''moments'' upon returning to her from his own extensions. After the dance, Bruno complimented the pair's connection with each other and Carrie Ann complimented their connection with the audience, but grumpy DANCMSTR said creating so much movement may have caused Evan to ''collapse a bit'' in his standing. I did think this was one of the most sweeping, violent waltzes I'd ever seen — especially with Anna's dramatic hair-whipping — and wondered if the effect of so much movement was a bit jarring. But when I relaxed my eyes during a second viewing to see how the two figures moved as a unit (a new procrastination ritual that usually occurs around 2:40 a.m.), I was significantly more impressed with their symmetry and the fluid interwoven shapes Anna created. Seriously, try watching this on ABC.com with your eyes relaxed and the sound off. If you don't see what I see, just pretend the dance is a Magic Eye poster and pretty soon the whole screen will turn into a giant piano. Don't squint or Bruno will be perched atop it with a rose between his teeth.

I think the tears and tension within Evan and Anna's rehearsal edit ended up making their ''Footloose'' freestyle seem like more of a mess than it really was. The sight of Anna crying under pressure was so harsh and sudden considering we've barely seen any conflict in this partnership all season. Gah! Stupid freestyle! Anna complained that she'd rather choreograph a hundred pasos and jives than one freestyle, and it saddens me that she didn't think incorporating the ballroom dances in which Evan was most skilled — paso doble and tango, for example — into one fiery yet standard routine would be competitive enough for the almighty freestyle round. Erin and Maks needed the showmance/bedroom gimmick to stand out, but Evan and Anna could have skated by on technical merit, I think. Or maybe Anna could have played the part of Vancouver figure skating silver medalist Evgeni Plushenko and Evan could have whirled ''him'' around as the cape. I mostly didn't like that Anna was so freaked out by the winner-determining freestyle that she thought she needed to bring Bobby Newberry in as a last resort. She's choreographed plenty of stunners all by herself. Let's look on the bright side: Ed Grimley got to go to the prom with a beautiful mermaid!

NEXT: The poignant Lost crossover you've been waiting for

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 11:57 am

To answer reader @canes1325's question: I would trade a heap of gems at least as tall as Tom Bergeron for the chance to attend DWTS Prom. Imagine the outfits! Everyone would be required to wear a ridiculous performance costume, except returning Belle of the Ballroom Samantha Harris, who would wear a classy floor-length gown. Enthusiastic Bongo Man would be my date (even I'm not delusional enough to think I could snag one of Our Pros, unless it was for charity or something), and we'd all vote Bruno as Our Queen. I'd get drunk on Russian vodka within nine minutes and start tripping over the bottom eight layers of my own fringe, at which point DANCMSTR would award me a mercy ''Seh-vehhhn!'' (This installment of DWTS Fannie Fiction has been brought to you by the letters A, B, and C and the number 10.)

Impressive/heartwarming Lost tie-in from reader Ida: ''The three glittering mirror balls were so bright in the beginning I thought Tom Bergeron was going to tell us we were dead but that all the DANCMSTRS had found a way to cosmically reunite so we could let go of Season 10 and move on to the next world. (Oh sorry, that was Sunday night.)''

Who will win tonight, DANCMSTRs, and what would you give to attend DWTS Prom? Remember to nominate your Hidden Gems of the Week over at PopWatch, and I'll see you tomorrow for the last recap of the season!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 12:17 pm

LA Times
Via: http://www.mjsbigblog.com

'Dancing With the Stars': The final three

May 24, 2010 | 11:31 pm

The end of Season 10 is nearly upon us, ballroom fans. After nine weeks of competition, we are thisclose to crowning a winner. The shiny, coveted Mirrorball trophy has assumed its rightful place in front of the judges’ table for all to see. And it was up to the last three remaining competitors – the ESPN reporter, Erin Andrews, the Golden boy, Evan Lysacek and the Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger – to show us who was ready for that jelly. There were promises to let the nerves go; promises to leave it out on the dance floor. Exhortations that they had to dance perfectly. Both Brooke Burke and Carrie Ann wore big their hair, large and in charge in commemoration of this elevated event.

And on Monday night they performed half of what Tom called an “unprecedented” four dances going into Tuesday’s results finale. The first was what was called a “Redemption Dance” – assigned by the judges based on what they should have excelled in, but didn’t. And then there was also that make or break wild card -- the freestyle -- where anything goes. These dances are always eye-catching like a bright sparkly spangle, and a highlight of any season. But whether they turn out horrifically heinous or happily heartening is always a toss-up.

After tonight’s performances, however, I have to say that I’m glad that we’ll have another chance to see our finalists do another routine. The revered and reviled freestyle dance turned out to be a mixed bag. High expectations were set, but not necessarily met, and there were no perfect 30s awarded throughout this fast-moving hour.

Which is not to say that there wasn't any drama, as Monday night’s performances resulted in a bit of a topsy-turvy upset to the leader board standings.

In the surprise twist of the evening, tied for first place were (expected) Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough and … (drum roll)

Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy! The ESPN sideline reporter made her bid for the big show with her redemptive samba, performed in a skirt that looked like it was on fire. The dance was full of energy and spice and showed her shaking her hips like Shakira, her booty like a “Crazy in Love” Beyoncé and working that hairography like a raging lioness. The showmanship worked, as the judges unanimously showered the pair with praise. “You were hotter than noon in the tropics!” roared Bruno. Carrie Ann said Erin moved herself “up three notches”: “It was just fantastic.” And Len was happy that Maks made his dream come true: “I always wanted to be kissed by a man with a beard.” Len’s joyous wish fulfillment was enough to give Erin and Maks a perfect 10 for their performance. Bruno, however, was a little chintzy with his score, and gave them a 9, despite being the one to help them out during rehearsals. The 29 did prove high enough for Maks to bust out the bare chest for a hot second, though.

Maks kept his mannaries covered for their second dance, a “risky” freestyle that went contemporary, took a page straight out of the “So You Think You Can Dance” handbook and was suited towards Erin’s sultry and leggy strengths. They even employed “SYTYCD” choreographer Mandy Moore to help them out with the performance. Erin put on a little negligee and danced a passionate contemporary romance set to Heart’s “Alone.” And not to douse cold water on the whole routine, but while I loved the intense emotion between the two, I can’t say I was as enamored with the dancing. And there was a little stumble on the bed. To Maks’ defense, however, “it wasn’t the bed rehearsed on.” (Fair enough.) Still, the judges were a bit mixed with their critique. Carrie Ann praised both Erin and Maks for taking a risk. Bruno called it a “psycho drama … some of those steps you pulled off was quite incredible.” Len thought it was a “mix for me of emotion and commotion. I liked it … but I didn’t love it.” Erin and Maks earned a 26 for their freestyle, which combined with their samba made for a grand total of 55 out of 60.

Which was tied with Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough. Fun fact: Nicole and Derek have earned a whopping 363 judges points coming into Monday night — the highest score ever at this stage of the competition. They also brought the goods in this first part of the finals. The couple’s redemption dance was their rumba, which fans might remember was tentative and shaky the last time around. Well, Nicole’s confidence has shot up in spades since that last bedroom dance, and there was nary a shaky ankle to be found on the dance floor during this performance, set to Chris de Burgh’s “Lady in Red.” Again, Derek made good use of his partner’s amazing flexibility, and they did an impressive Cirque du Soleil, “Look, Ma! No hands!” move with Nicole wrapped around Derek at the end. Too bad Lift Police Captain Carrie Ann “The Enforcer” Inaba smacked them down with a citation for an illegal carry. “The song wasn’t done!” she squeaked. Len loved the “subtlety of the choreography” but thought Nicole “should have settled more into [her] hip.” Bruno thought it was “superlative:” “Eroticism, sensuality, romance, seamlessly woven into extreme beauty.” The couple earned a 28 for their do-over.

Their freestyle dance was about a thousand watts of pure fun (made even shinier by their sequined tuxes, and then by the yellow highlighter fluorescence of their outfits underneath) that went about 1,001 mph and threw in just about everything but the kitchen sink. It was a shame that that last helicopter lift faltered on take-off, though. “It was like this crazy high-octane octopus,” exclaimed Carrie Ann. “Ah. Ma. Zing,” purred Bruno. “There was a slip at the end because what you’ve tried to do has never been done.” “I saw Lindy Hop, I saw salsa, I saw quick step, I saw jive, I saw fun, I saw entertainment,” said Len. “I saw a fantastic freestyle.” Not content to conclude on a low note, Derek and Nicole reenacted the botched lift in the celebraquarium, ended with a “Superstar!” pose and earned a 27 for their efforts. Total: 55.

Bringing up the rear were Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya. The judges deigned EA sports’ Week 1 Viennese Waltz as their redemption dance, which at first seemed to be a bit of a gimme. I would have thought Evan’s stiff-hipped samba needed the most work. But I rewound the hosts’ explanation, and it turned out the redemption dance is based on what the star should have excelled in, but didn’t. That made more sense. Nobody expected Evan to excel in the Brazilian party dance. So the Viennese Waltz it was, and Evan ably connected with his partner and delivered a lovely and lilting performance. Anna played on a theme started with Brooke Burke earlier in the season and donned a keyboard dress, as the dance was set to “Piano Man” (wow, first “Glee” and now “DWTS!” It’s a good week for Billy Joel). There was even a move where Evan tickled Anna’s ivories, put his fingers on Anna’s abdomen and “played” her at the end. Bruno said the “fluidity and lyricism was as good as always … and I liked to see the connection between you two.” Len praised the dance for its “grace” and “elegance,” though Evan “collapsed a little bit through your standing leg.” Carrie Ann thought the whole thing was “a beautiful, emotional, endless, enchanting dream.”

The dream turned into a bit of a nightmare with Evan and Anna’s freestyle. Turned out Anna would rather do a hundred pasos or jives than to have to choreograph a freestyle, and Evan was intent on being less razzle-dazzle “cheeky” Broadway, more movie audition for their “Footloose”-themed set. Some words were exchanged, a surly “whatever” was uttered and there were some frustrated tears. And then couples counselor/choreographer Bobby Newberry was called in to mediate and join their conflicting styles. And while I thought the resulting routine was a high-flying, high-energy romp with Evan as the (again, tuxedo-ed) string bean who just wants to dance, the judges were not so kind. “Evan, you went demented,” said Bruno. “I didn’t know if I was watching ‘Footloose’ or ‘Screwloose!’” “That was odd,” decided Carrie Ann. “You have to match your lines. You guys were like dancing two completely separate dances.” “I think you took the path of least resistance,” said Len of Evan and Anna’s compromising routine. “And it certainly wasn’t what I wanted to see.” Yikes. Evan and Anna earned a 28 for their waltz, and a slap in the face 24 for their freestyle, for a total of 52.

Which means that Evan and Anna are set to be the odd couple out going into Tuesday’s finale. Though there’s still one more routine that all three couples will have to perform before the field is narrowed down to the final two.

What do you think? Do you think Evan and Anna will be the team to go, or do you think the judges’ critical comments will spur viewers to vote them into the final two? Who has your vote to win it all?

—Allyssa Lee

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 25th 2010, 12:23 pm

'Dancing' Star Pulled Over -- You Move Too Fast!

Originally posted May 25th 2010 7:12 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

"Dancing with the Stars" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy tangoed with the law last night after partying in West Hollywood.

Our TMZ camera rolled as Maksim left STK after a dinner with his partner Erin Andrews -- got into his Mercedes -- and punched it down La Cienega ... burning rubber as he left the restaurant.

Seconds later, Maksim was staring at red and blue lights in his rear view from an L.A. County Sheriff's car who pulled his butt over.

Maksim stopped ... and had a little chit chat with the cop ... who apparently let the dancer waltz off without a ticket.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0oxlEydPA

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   

Back to top Go down

DWTS 10 Media / Updates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: