Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 9:32 pm

KayS wrote:
I know Derek can be cocky, but he is my boy! What a cutie. Makes me smile every time I see him dance. He seems to have such fun with it. Wonder what he and Kate would have been like????

I think he is one of the best choreographers also.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 9:41 pm

Hope wrote:
KayS wrote:
I know Derek can be cocky, but he is my boy! What a cutie. Makes me smile every time I see him dance. He seems to have such fun with it. Wonder what he and Kate would have been like????

I think he is one of the best choreographers also.

You all know I love me some Derek, he is by far my favorite pro ever.!!! So I agree 100% with both of you! and UGH if he would have been paired with Kate!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 10:19 pm

Jake.. OMG! I screamed out loud when he came out with his pants off. Gross!

Kate.. she clearly doesn't care about the dancing.. I feel really bad for Tony and I hope for his sake (and mine) that they get voted off this week. It looked to me like he has lost all patience with her and I don't blame him. I can't believe she said.. "Are we dancing or swimming? "

I love me some Derek, but I really don't think Nicole will win this thing. She will follow in Mya's footsteps. I bet she will make the finals but not win.

I am voting for Pam and Erin.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 10:25 pm

I forgot to add Pam to my list of people I want to win this season.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 10:33 pm

I'll be honest. When I heard Pam was doing this I was thinking ewww. A whole lotta "look at me" and no substance. I have been impressed. I take it all back.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 10:42 pm

KyGirl wrote:
Does anybody else go to ABC and vote? I had trouble at first but it finally worked.

I always vote on our cell phones, but I did try last week to vote online and had trouble and just gave up on it.
I really thought Chad/Cheryl looked nice and liked their outfits and the tribute to CH. I gave all my votes to them. I think they deserved 7's at least.
I just couldn't stop laughing at Jake!

Gosh, I like Anna and Evan...no drama with these two, just a whole lotta good dancing.
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 10:49 pm

ebowers wrote:
KyGirl wrote:
Does anybody else go to ABC and vote? I had trouble at first but it finally worked.

I always vote on our cell phones, but I did try last week to vote online and had trouble and just gave up on it.
I really thought Chad/Cheryl looked nice and liked their outfits and the tribute to CH. I gave all my votes to them. I think they deserved 7's at least.
I just couldn't stop laughing at Jake!
That had to be such a rough time for him and all the Bengals. I agree they deserved at least 7's. I know everyone has gimmicks to get votes but in no way do I believe his dedication to CH was a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 19th 2010, 10:56 pm

It's hard because I actually really like everyone left except Jake and Kate. After those two go it will be sad to see anyone go.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 1:39 am

I'm thinking Niecy will be the one who leaves, but I'm hoping it's Jake. I like Niecy. I really don't see Kate going anywhere. She is beyond annoying...I don't even know what to say anymore. I like Chad, but he really needs to drop all the flirting with Cheryl. It was cute in the beginning, but not anymore. I like Pam and Evan this week. Nicole was great as always. I wonder if she'll cry because she got a 9 instead of a 10 Wink

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 3:42 am

I have a question for those that watch DWTS AND Kate plus 8. Every time she is on screen, her children are being discussed. Before and after dancing.. interviews etc. Do you think that DWTS production is behind this? As a viewer who doesn't know her from her other show, it is very annoying.

Whoever was talking about the show Hoarders, did you see the one with the cats. OMG! I might have to start a Hoarders thread.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 5:10 am

Lori wrote:
Wonder why Len gave them a 9 if it was the best dance?

I think because Evan hadn't danced yet and he wanted room for Evan to get a better score if he earned it - which he didn't last night.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 5:22 am

Moody wrote:
I have a question for those that watch DWTS AND Kate plus 8. Every time she is on screen, her children are being discussed. Before and after dancing.. interviews etc. Do you think that DWTS production is behind this? As a viewer who doesn't know her from her other show, it is very annoying.

Whoever was talking about the show Hoarders, did you see the one with the cats. OMG! I might have to start a Hoarders thread.

With Kate, it's pretty much ALWAYS the focus. And I'm sure it's what her fans want to hear about and what keeps them voting. She also usually says "MY kids", not our kids, but that's nitpicking. I don't know if DWTS steers her that way, but I'm pretty sure TLC, who produces her shows, does. And I guess those are the questions people ask her. In truth, her kids are totally adorable, I loved watching them; the parents, not so much. I guess what I really hope is that they save their money NOW, and invest, so that as the kids get older they really don't have to be on tv much, because they must feel like circus animals. What bugs a lot of people in my area, sort of close to the Gosselin kids, is that they don't seem to be able to play with friends after school, just off the school bus with Nanny, Dad, or Mom, then driven home to a fairly rural area, and then at least they have each other to play with; I guess it's what they have to do, but it's sad.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 5:53 am

ranjake wrote:
Moody wrote:

With Kate, it's pretty much ALWAYS the focus. And I'm sure it's what her fans want to hear about and what keeps them voting. She also usually says "MY kids", not our kids, but that's nitpicking. I don't know if DWTS steers her that way, but I'm pretty sure TLC, who produces her shows, does. And I guess those are the questions people ask her. In truth, her kids are totally adorable, I loved watching them; the parents, not so much. I guess what I really hope is that they save their money NOW, and invest, so that as the kids get older they really don't have to be on tv much, because they must feel like circus animals. What bugs a lot of people in my area, sort of close to the Gosselin kids, is that they don't seem to be able to play with friends after school, just off the school bus with Nanny, Dad, or Mom, then driven home to a fairly rural area, and then at least they have each other to play with; I guess it's what they have to do, but it's sad.

Yeah, I'd say that the kids are always the focus with Kate... both because of production and because she brings them up. It's what the viewers who are fans of hers want to know about, and it's the reason Kate is doing all this. I really do believe (lots of celebs say this, and I normally don't believe them) that Kate would rather be out of the limelight, leading a normal life, and I think she would if she had the means to do so. I think it's admirable that she will do anything to provide for her children.

I did see the "cat" hoarder episode... You should definitley start a thread for the show. There is soo much to discuss with this show. I thought the episode where the lady wouldn't throw away food was particularily disturbing. She would just peel the moldy cabbage off and eat what was underneath...

Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 5:59 am

Quote :
Yeah, I'd say that the kids are always the focus with Kate... both because of production and because she brings them up. It's what the viewers who are fans of hers want to know about, and it's the reason Kate is doing all this. I really do believe (lots of celebs say this, and I normally don't believe them) that Kate would rather be out of the limelight, leading a normal life, and I think she would if she had the means to do so. I think it's admirable that she will do anything to provide for her children.

I sure don't agree with this. She loves the spotlight and the children have given her the attention she craves. She wouldn't be writing books and giving speaking engagements or been on reality tv or have been doing DWTS if it we're for those children. Nope.. she's a famewhore just like the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 6:20 am

Moody wrote:

Kate's mothering is controversial so I expect the producers do encourage her to play it up. But I also think she is trying to appeal to her fan base, who have an interest in the kids.

Quote :
She also usually says "MY kids", not our kids, but that's nitpicking.

Seems to me that is is the norm in divorced families. I never call the child I had with my X "our" son. I call him my son because there is no "our" any more. Same goes for my EX, he calls him "my" son too. Actually, everyone I know who is divorced does this.

Quote :

Yes, there should be a Hoarders thread. That show freaks me out - every time I watch it, I look around the house for things to throw out. I think I am developing an anti-hoarder fetish - I went to my sisters and was viewing her Knickknacks as clutter and I want to take a dumpster to my mother's home office.

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 6:59 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Quote :

I sure don't agree with this. She loves the spotlight and the children have given her the attention she craves. She wouldn't be writing books and giving speaking engagements or been on reality tv or have been doing DWTS if it we're for those children. Nope.. she's a famewhore just like the rest of them.

ETA: If she just looked like she was having FUN with it all. But she is all limp and boring and sneery faces, then pissed when she is scored accordingly.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 7:19 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Quote :

I have to agree. There are SO many things she does that seem "not for the kids". I was hoping when she got the TLC "Twist of Kate" show it would be the best of both worlds; she would be supporting her kids with her face and not 8 little faces, she could work hard and create a niche, but have the show be a hit with the women who do respond to her; but keep her travels limited and like most cable shows, film only about 4 months a year. Ideal for a single Mom. Maybe some of the publicity, out and about stuff, dinners at Nobu, are TLC generated. I'm really trying to be objective. And who knows, maybe anyone thrust in the spotlight would come to like the weekly tanning, mani-pedis, private planes and 5 star hotels, not to mention the semi-hunky bodyguard and not want it to go away! Maybe it's just sour grapes on my part, but I hope not, because I surely wish those kids well. With Kate's new show, maybe she can be a stay at home Mom for a good part of the year, if that's what she really wants. Now I know they are also starting the new TLC specials which are trips where the kids are filmed. Not sure how I feel about that. The kids are adorable; but I'd imagine kids at school would have a difficult time with some episodes shown on reality tv, and Kara and Mady are 9; not the easiest age for girls.

jfan- I had no idea! Most of my divorced friends are so into "co-parenting" ie. "You'll always be 'our kids'". But maybe they just watch too much Dr. Phil?!?
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 8:19 am

ehh... I guess everyone sees things differently. I'm looking forward to her new show, and I can't wait for the Kate plus eight specials.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 8:25 am

I have always refered to "my" kids and grandkids when I was by myself.
before my dh passed if we were together, I refered to them as "our".
but if I was by myself and someone asked I never said "our".
Same as car or anything else, if I was alone, I was looking for "my" car in parking lot, if we were together we were looking for "our" car.

Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 9:43 am

KayS wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Quote :

ETA: If she just looked like she was having FUN with it all. But she is all limp and boring and sneery faces, then pissed when she is scored accordingly.

I agree with you Nancy and Kay. I think it's obvious she hates dancing and only wants to stay on the show for the spotlight. She brings up her children all the time because it's how people relate to her and will vote for her because of them (which is true). It makes me sad because she is only "famous" because of them and they are the ones that are paying high costs for that fame.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 12:59 pm

Oh man, Kate is just painful to watch! I feel so bad for Tony. She is so damn stiff, and the way she just sort of walks around the floor - ugh, get her out of there.

I am not crazy about her or Jake, they both bug me. Jake tries too hard, but I guess it's better than Control-Freak-Kate who doesn't try at all.

Right now, I am sort of hoping Maks and Erin take it all.

BTW - not that it means anything, but I was wondering if Evan is gay or straight? I sometimes get the feeling he is smitten with Anna.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 1:02 pm

Schooner wrote:
Oh man, Kate is just painful to watch! I feel so bad for Tony. She is so damn stiff, and the way she just sort of walks around the floor - ugh, get her out of there.

I am not crazy about her or Jake, they both bug me. Jake tries too hard, but I guess it's better than Control-Freak-Kate who doesn't try at all.

Right now, I am sort of hoping Maks and Erin take it all.

BTW - not that it means anything, but I was wondering if Evan is gay or straight? I sometimes get the feeling he is smitten with Anna.

I've been trying to figure it out since the season started lol

ETA. He's straight, I just googled it. There are some pictures of him with ex-girlfriends and there was a rumor posted in late February that he was dating the gymnast Nastia Luikin...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/22/nastia-liukin-evan-lysace_n_472195.html

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 2:33 pm

Not having Johnny Weir around to be the token flamboyant has brought out some very effeminate qualities in Evan that I have never noticed before.

I have resolved that Kate isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It will be a shame when a better dancer with more potential will be cut instead of Kate. I hope the unfortunate cut will not be Pam because she's pretty much the only celebrity I am rooting for right now. Was last night the first time they showed Pam's kids in the audience?
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 3:09 pm

Quote :

I was watching the Wendy Williams show with Aiden and he said Evan's nickname on the DWTS set was Evan "Lysichick" . So I think he is a ladies man who flirts with everyone married or not.

I thought the same thing yesterday when he grabbed Anna's face and said something like "she is so sweet".

I believe he is straight because he was dating Nastia, but then when she went public with thier relationship he denied they were a couple.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 3:12 pm

bubs wrote:
KayS wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Quote :

I agree with you Nancy and Kay. I think it's obvious she hates dancing and only wants to stay on the show for the spotlight. She brings up her children all the time because it's how people relate to her and will vote for her because of them (which is true). It makes me sad because she is only "famous" because of them and they are the ones that are paying high costs for that fame.

Do you think ABC paid to fly the children out to Cali? Do they have tutors that travel with them?

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 5:39 pm

I don't think ABC would've, but I guess it could be in her contract. TLC may have; especially if they filmed any of it. Kate and the kids (and Jon) have gotten extremely expensive free vacations via TLC.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 5:51 pm

mytwocents wrote:
Not having Johnny Weir around to be the token flamboyant has brought out some very effeminate qualities in Evan that I have never noticed before.

I have resolved that Kate isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It will be a shame when a better dancer with more potential will be cut instead of Kate. I hope the unfortunate cut will not be Pam because she's pretty much the only celebrity I am rooting for right now. Was last night the first time they showed Pam's kids in the audience?

I kind of get the feeling tonight may be the end of the road for Kate... I'd be happier if Jake left though.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 6:41 pm

blondie55 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

I kind of get the feeling tonight may be the end of the road for Kate... I'd be happier if Jake left though.

I hope so, but I think it's to good to be true...........

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 7:03 pm

Nicole:safe, Kate: bottom 2!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 7:06 pm

Kate being announced as the bottom two this early means she might be safe. It is a good sign though.

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   April 20th 2010, 7:10 pm

I didn't know that, happy- and I've watched this show forever. I always think I can tell who's safe by how they show them on camera, in what order, but I'm always wrong! I never pick the winner right either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Discussion 4/19/2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: