AuthorMessage
jengalives
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 3:26 am

Quote :
Nicole annoyed me tonight. I think she's a great dancer, but her "I'm not like the rest. I'm an artist" made me I understand being disappointed, but she was still good. I thought it was an overreaction.

Yes!!! Exactly. I think Derek and Nicole are an awesome pair, but I haven't been able to fully support them because something about her personality just bothers me. I couldn't put my finger on it before tonight. Her little sobfest after receiving 8's and 9's really pissed me off. She seems like a whiner and a bit of a spoiled brat masquerading as the fun, goofy girl. She just seems a little fake to me.

I was fine with Aiden going, since Kate appears to be untouchable. Think about this: Three eliminations, 6 different couples in the bottom two, and NONE of them were Kate & Tony. Ridiculous.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 6:04 am

heyhay28 wrote:
I vote for Kate :X
I have since the beginning, I actually prefer people like her who have NO EXPERIENCE or TALENT whatsoever coming into the show versus those who pretty much dance for their job because they are the contestants I relate to, that is how I would be if I was on the show.
She is also paired with my very favorite Pro...I always throw Tony a few votes no matter who he is partnered with and always have.
I thought Kate improved last night, she actually looked like she was getting into it a little more, maybe relaxing a little, and enjoying herself.
I also don't care how bad she is, IMO Jon is SO MUCH WORSE and I just don't want him to have the satisfaction of her being off the show so soon...I know lame, it's just more reason I voted for her, this week especially
At least I'm honest right.
I'm pretty sure she will be gone next week unless someone else MAJORLY screws up

Heyhay I've never agreed with you more!!!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 6:34 am

She was a cheerleader, too, allegedly. I was surprised, because she brought up that Erin was one gave her an advantage. I shouldn't say "she", I meant Kate.

I haven't enjoyed watching her dance at all, but maybe she will get confidence from being "addicted" to her performance this week, and let go and shock me.

I want to see all(some) of the performances again and the movie snippets. I wonder if they'll be backlash to Nicole's calling herself an "artist". The public didn't like it when Madonna did that!

jengalives: Kate MAY have been in the bottom 2 tonight, we don't know who the other couple was besides Aiden/Edyta. (I don't think). I think they just had Kate/Tony, Niecy Louie, and Aiden/Edyta as the last three standing and Tom said something like "It doesn't mean you're in the bottom 2" so it was confusing.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 6:45 am

I am not so sure Kate will be off next week, she may outlast 1 or 2 more.
This is about
dancing = judges votes
popularty = audience votes
and last but most definately not least
ratings = $$$

but a few more comments like "I am an artist" and Kate will have to turn over the DWTS diva crown to someone else, lol

Last edited by mimTN on April 14th 2010, 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 6:47 am

I am not a fan of Nicole either - and I think Evan has an advantage too being and ice skater (which as dance elements in it). I would like to see Erin or Neicy win.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 6:50 am

[quote="ranjake"]She was a cheerleader, too, allegedly. I was surprised, because she brought up that Erin was one gave her an advantage. I shouldn't say "she", I meant Kate.

quote]

The difference is that Kate was a "sidelines" cheerleader (more like a pep squad) and Erin was in competitive cheerleading. There is a HUGE difference.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 8:09 am

Oh, I didn't know there was a difference. I cheered on the sidelines ( we did actual cheers). ("Whether we win, whether we lose...(lol). The pep club sat in the bleachers and just yelled out the cheers. We also actually competed once a year, but apparently we sucked! Actually, it was more that we cheered 'military'(very precise and deep voiced, sounds weird but looked cool) and most of the other competitors cheered 'dance". I wasn't bashing Kate. It's just she mentioned Erin was a cheerleader, and then I saw a picture of Kate cheering posted, so it was weird.

I wonder if/how much, the ratings will go down without Kate? I love this show for the dancing. It so happens this season I have a favorite (Evan) on, but I'll still watch after he is eliminated. I'm afraid Kate has a bigger voting fanbase (apparently) then most of the other celebrities, if not all of them, so I hope she continues to improve for my sake. Honestly, I can't think of anyone left who gets more positive or negative attention. But regarding the ratings, I wonder how many watch, like myself, regardless of who is competing, but for the dancing; and I also love Tom Bergeron.
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 9:23 am

I honestly don't think Kate will improve. I think she was only marginally better this week because it was a slower dance. I cringe at the thought of her doing something like the jive.

She may survive the next week or two, but she won't make it too far. It's not like Idol where it's solely the voters decision. I can't wait for her to leave.

I'm not a fan of Nicole either. She is just like mya (to me) where it is very hard to warm up to her and there is nothing to cheer for because she started out doing so well. I'm really becoming a fan of Pam and I hope that she has a fanbase that can get her far. I would also like to see Erin win. Has Maks ever won?
Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 9:57 am

bubs wrote:
I honestly don't think Kate will improve. I think she was only marginally better this week because it was a slower dance. I cringe at the thought of her doing something like the jive.

She may survive the next week or two, but she won't make it too far. It's not like Idol where it's solely the voters decision. I can't wait for her to leave.

I'm not a fan of Nicole either. She is just like mya (to me) where it is very hard to warm up to her and there is nothing to cheer for because she started out doing so well. I'm really becoming a fan of Pam and I hope that she has a fanbase that can get her far. I would also like to see Erin win. Has Maks ever won?
No. I hope this is his year. Love Maks and Erin!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 11:40 am

I guess I watch DWTS different than anyone else. I watch it in 2 parts.

The first part is the beginning of the season, when I enjoy watching all the different "stars", getting to see them in different setting than normal. It is really amazing to me how different some of them are from what I thought they would be. This year Pam is my wow, I did not think I would like her at all, but I do. During this time I also enjoy all the professional dancers and the elimation shows, etc.
The 2nd part is when they get down to the last 4 "stars" sometimes more.
that is when I pick my fav to win based on dance.
Of course I watch them all and how they dance and improve or not from the beginning but the dancing contest is not the most interesting thing to me right now.
I am so happy for the ratings and all the interest in DWTS this season. I am wondering how this will change the show. Will the network spend more money on it, will we get more big name "stars" next season.
I don't know but I love this show and thank you Kate for all you are bringing to DWTS. this season.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 11:47 am

I am still reeling from Shannon going in week 1..when Buzz and Kate were still there

I don't really have any idea who Aiden is, so it didn't really bother me that he left; however, he was better than Kate by a long shot - and he wasn't great!

I just don't like her on the show, I don't like her vibe, she is a horrible dancer, and I am tired of hearing her woes.

I am loving Chad and Cheryl (because Chad is so funny) and Erin and Maks.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   April 14th 2010, 3:40 pm

Quote :
No. I hope this is his year. Love Maks and Erin!

There was a time when I could not stand Maks. Erin has brought his sensitive side out and I love it. I think he is protective of her because of what she has gone through and the strength she has shown. I hope they win.

I like Pam too so I hope she stays awhile!

Maybe if I don't comment on two people I would like to see leave they will.

I am putting all my energy into cheering for my favorites instead of hating on the ones I don't like. (for today atleast LOL)

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Show 4/13   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Show 4/13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: