Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17295
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 9:26 pm

I really loved Pam's dance, she was great, especially that ending with the splits. If I had tried that, I know I would have dislocated both my hips lol. I wonder what the chemistry would have been like if she was partnered with Maks I might have to cave and go and vote for her.

Poor Jake, he really does love being there, but he wasn't too good tonight. Did pretty good with going up and down the steps, I liked that bit and was impressed with that, but then he went and fell all over himself. I'm sure he's next to go.

Kate did a little better this week, at least she was dancing for a change. Tony has patience of a saint. As for the clip beforehand, I just wanted to tell her to STFU already with your constant woe is me. Talking about her business being in the media, I'm sure she'll make another trip to Larry King to tell him all about it

Am I the only one that thinks that ring that Chad gave Cheryl is over the top? Geez, I remember when I couldn't even receive a box of candy from a client lol, my have times changed. Chad did good though tonight, much improvement. So are they or aren't they??

Nicole is beautiful and has an outrageous body, but I feel the same as a few of you, I don't click with her and I don't know why.

Overall, I think a lot of them have improved in the past couple of weeks but I found the judges to be cranky and overly picky tonight.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 9:29 pm

Lori wrote:
I cannot warm up to Nicole. Same thing with Maya last season. I just cannot figure it out because she is an excellent dancer.

Yep, I was with you on Maya last season and again am same with Nicole.
what you said is right, both leave me cold and I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
mytwocents
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4460
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 9:38 pm

Pam has impressed me from the very first week. I like her the best this season because I was not expecting to like her at all. She has potential and can go far if she can win over the general viewing audience.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 9:39 pm

I agree about Nicole, but I love Derek!!!!! Maks has certainly changed this season IMO and I am sooo liking him. Maks and Erin, Nicole and Derek are my picks! And I totally think there is something going on with Pam and Damien anyone else?

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 9:47 pm

lovin wrote:
I agree about Nicole, but I love Derek!!!!! Maks has certainly changed this season IMO and I am sooo liking him. Maks and Erin, Nicole and Derek are my picks! And I totally think there is something going on with Pam and Damien anyone else?
Lovin I did until I saw pictures of her kissing another guy at a club and Damien was there too.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17295

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 9:57 pm

lovin wrote:

lovin I don't think so either. I think Damien is a little to straight laced for Pam, she goes for the bad boys all the time. Hey, stranger things have happened so you never know.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 10:13 pm

KyGirl wrote:
lovin wrote:
Lovin I did until I saw pictures of her kissing another guy at a club and Damien was there too.

Ahhh thanks KyGirl and Jack'd you're right Damien does seem a little too straight laced, but they do have the chemistry......

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 10:19 pm

KyGirl wrote:
lovin wrote:

I don't think that Damien has enough money to be Pam's guy.

ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 10:38 pm

Kate's actually in LAST place on dialidol- which as we've seen before means NOTHING. She was a 'smidge' better- not as painful to watch.

I don't like the Dad bashing on camera. Douche or not, Jon is still their Dad, and those kids have enough baggage. I'm sure it's painful, but I wish she wouldn't do that stuff on tv.

She needs some perspective. Life is difficult-PERIOD. She has challenges and she has many, many perks- she needs to try to focus on the perks. Other people have cancer, that guy last week lost his SON in Haiti. Kate just got a million dollar book advance; perspective.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 11:15 pm

My top 3 for tonight were: Cheryl/Chad, Damian/Pam, and Maks/Erin. They were definitely the BEST...in that order. MHOO, of course! Anna/Evan were good, too!
Wow...Kym's outfit for her rumba...or lack of an outfit, I should say!!
My prediction for who goes tomorrow night is...JAKE!!!
It's sooo hard not to peek in this thread and get spoilers before the show airs here!!
Back to top Go down
Hope
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 11:16 pm

mimTN wrote:
Lori wrote:
I cannot warm up to Nicole. Same thing with Maya last season. I just cannot figure it out because she is an excellent dancer.

Yep, I was with you on Maya last season and again am same with Nicole.
what you said is right, both leave me cold and I don't know why.

For me Nicole doesn't extend like I think she could. She has this amazing body with arms and legs that go on forever, but I dont feel the movement stretching from head to toe. Not counting when she lifts her legs. I also dont see emotion or personality in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
leeleeluvsbruno

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 12th 2010, 11:56 pm

Rumba is a dance not only of romance but feet. It is so important to have good foot pressure and beautiful feet. Pam Anderson had the best feet of anyone. I was so surprised, I didn't epect good technique from her. Her foot pressure was really good. This means when you dont see feet not pointed or weak ankles. She could extend her lines and her head looks pretty wobbly at times but she really impressed me. I loved Chad's performance of the rumba and was impressed with his hip movements. He is on the right track. I don't know why the pro's are instructing the celebrities to look up a t really awkward angles. In closed dance posistion the lady will look at the juncture of the wall and ceiling and the men need to keep a natural spinal alignment. Not up or down just left and natural. I'm bugging out at all the weird head positioning. I thought Niecy and Kate were the bottom and Evan and Pam were at the top. I wish Kate would be put out of her misery, nothing is worse than having to deal with all that negativity.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 12:45 am

mytwocents wrote:
Pam has impressed me from the very first week. I like her the best this season because I was not expecting to like her at all. She has potential and can go far if she can win over thegeneral viewing audience.

lovin wrote:

I think Nicole has always been the best at whatever she does. There is no struggle, no mountian she has to climb, and a scince of entitlement that is off putting.

There are several stories about her fighting with the Pussycat Dolls because she had to be the "star". A couple of years ago she also tried to launch a solo act and failed. They were the opening act for Britney Spears on her "Circus" tour and I heard everyone thought Nicole was a big b****.

I love Derek and think he is one of the best pro dancers DWTS has, but I would love to see how he would do if paired with a Star that needed a lot of work. He always gets the best partners which is great because I love watching him, but now I want to see him challanged.

Masks can be blunt at times, but I think underneath it all he is a sweetheart. I think he just calls it like he sees it and some people think he is mean. I say the truth hurts. I saw the gorgeous People spread with him and Erin and think they make a stunning couple.

Cheryl always flirts with whoever she is with and now that she is single! pffft! She will milk the" I am having sex with Ocho" and "he gave me a $10,000 ring" for all it is worth.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 12:55 am

Love your take on the couples Happy! I really want to see Kate or Jake go this week.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 1:38 am

I am SO sick of listening to Kate's whiny victim stories week after week. Um, hello, YOU were the one that CHOSE to put your family out there for the world to see (and made millions doing it), so no, I don't feel sorry for you when you bitch about the media scrutiny! Ugh, she needs to leave. As much as she says she wants to stay, she looks absolutely miserable (as does Tony) and it's getting embarrassing for all involved... Kate, Tony, the other dancers, the show, etc. She and Aiden should be the bottom 2, but it will probably be Jake and Niecy. I thought Erin and Maks were underscored... hope they are safe! Erin and Evan are still my favorites overall, but my favorite dances tonight were Chad's and Pamela's.

Number of posts : 14730
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 1:46 am

I liked Pam's performance the best tonight followed by Chad. Evan was good too. I always like Niecy.
Kate improved slightly tonight, but it is still painful to watch her. I think Aidan and Jake will be in the bottom two.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 5:26 am

okay, I have to fess up I am liking Kate less and less. She needs to take the high road and focus on the many blessings she has and let the rest go.
BUT, I still think Jon was jerk, and I would have yelled at him too. He was and is like 9th child instead of partner.

now, I don't want to talk about it anymore, lol
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 6:00 am

I thought Kate did a lot better. Is she at the same level as others? Obviously not, but I enjoy watching her.

I actually think she is doing very well at not bringing her personal life to the show. I don't understand all the comments about her "woe is me" act. Obviously the editors/producers wanted to put something in about her drama... it is a television show that needs ratings after all. And she didn't say a WORD about Jon, Tony did. I don't understand why people are picking her apart for the DWTS producers playing up her drama, but nobody said a word about Erin's doctor visit. IMO that could also be viewed as playing the sypathy card for votes.

Also, there are a lot of comments about poor Tony, and he must have the patience of a saint. And he looks so miserable with Kate. Ummm... too me, he seemed to be the most proud of his partner tonight. He ALWAYS had a supportive hold on her, and when they were in the viewing booth watching the other dancers perform, they can be seen many times with the heads huddled together talking about the performance.

Anyways, I think my favorites are Maks and Erin. Evan and Anna might be slightly better technically, but they don't have the chemisty that Erin and Maks have IMO.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 6:16 am

oh blondie55,
there you go making me think. I don't know, I like Kate. But I am getting tired of hearing about all her stuff. Maybe this is about editing and milking it for viewers. I know if I got caught up with all that stuff, I could be used and manipulated. I am going to not think about Kate and DWTS, she is not going to win.
I will focus on the others and figure out who my favs are. lol, still don't know.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 6:55 am

Kate improved - she seemed more natural out there. That said, she still can't really dance at all. I think the toned down make up helped with her look as well.

Regardless of the bad press, many of the other dancers like Kate. Certainly several have come to her defense - even Pamela. ANd I think Tony likes her a lot as well - he is very supportive.

I do wish Tony had not made the comment in reference to Jon. He could have as easily said, "they" win and made it a general reference to her haters.

I don't think that Kate whines more than the others - sob stories are part of the drama on this show - Shannen's father's stroke, Erin's back and death threats, Niecy's brother, etc. Chad brings his kids to the audience - something Kate hasn't done. The problem is that Kate is so over exposed that her sob story is not new. We have heard it over and over.

As for anything that Kate has said (directly or indirectly) about Jon in public - it pales in comparison to the things he lawyer keeps putting out there.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1864
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 7:07 am

I really hope Kate goes home tonight. She needs out.
Jake did fabulous last night, minus that little slip up.
Niecy did a beautiful job.

And I really only watched those two dance.. I should probably watch more in detail, but I get distracted very easily..
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 7:24 am

It was a lot of fun catching up with this thread this morning. Only saw the first half of the show because of '24' but was able to 'rewind' to see a few of the final dances. Kate's movement was better but she looked terrified. The judges were very nice in their approach to her;super nice when someone's on the verge of elimination.

I didn't see Derek and ?? ... I don't even think of them. Sad. I always looked forward to seeing Derek dance but they really have been overshadowed with all the other goings-on. I'll try to watch today while Gracie is napping.
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   April 13th 2010, 10:12 am

We might get rid of Kate tonight!! She was at the very bottom of Dial Idol and the last couple weeks she has been at the top. It helps sometimes when bad dancers do well... people don't feel as bad for them and don't vote.

I just went to vote and it was closed. I thought you could vote through tuesday. I am worried for Erin and Pam and really wish I could have voted for them.

I hope it's either Kate or Jake who goes tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Discussion 4/12/2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: