Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 6th 2010, 10:37 pm

Kate seemed really unaware of how bad she was this week. I wonder if it's because Tony said "you did great". I re-watched her "dance" and all she really did was walk around, and imo she walked cloddishly.

I wonder if some people are voting with her because they think DWTS is her only income; but she has her book coming out, book tour, and her own TLC show coming up. I understand DWTS could be publicity for all this future stuff; but my bottom line is it's a dancing show, and she's just unbearable to watch. Sadly, I guess I'm in the minority of voters. And double-sadly, Jon 'threatening' her now will probably make more people vote for her.

I'm so surprised she lets the tups stay up until 10pm eastern time to watch her and 'vote like crazy'. When Kara and Mady were 7, their bedtime was 7:30 ish. (the tups are 5). School buses come really early in rural areas(I live in one).

Anyway- I'm glad Evan got the encore and is still there. And Buzz is an amazing human.
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 6th 2010, 11:15 pm

Bye Buzz. I wish it had been Kate. I was happy to see Pam, Niecy, and Chad stay.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 12:05 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
This show is very rigged IMO. Kate does not deserve to be there!

Well, if she's getting enough votes to stay, then she deserves to be there. I do not think the show is rigged...no more so than any of the others (BB, TAR, Survivor, AI). Kate will be leaving soon enough.

I liked the segment where they showed the dancers all interacting with each other. The other dancers seem to like Kate and she was actually smiling and having fun. I would never want the kind of life she has. My life is so simple and uncomplicated!

I for one, cannot wait to see Chad/Cheryl's dance next week!

It was nice to see the others give respect and honor to Buzz like they did.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 12:17 am

Not only is Kate a dreadful dancer, but her presentation and affect is very off. She sometimes looks a bit "crazy" when the judges are judging her and when she is getting her scores. Something not quite right there. Last night I was wondering if she was taking some kind of sedative or something.

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 12:39 am

Quote :
Well, if she's getting enough votes to stay, then she deserves to be there. I do not think the show is rigged...no more so than any of the others (BB, TAR, Survivor, AI). Kate will be leaving soon enough.

I liked the segment where they showed the dancers all interacting with each other. The other dancers seem to like Kate and she was actually smiling and having fun. I would never want the kind of life she has. My life is so simple and uncomplicated!

That is what is strange to me. I have read several sites including E! that the producers of DWTS are keeping her there even though the votes are not. I think all reality TV is rigged like you said in some way.

Access Hollywood had a segment today that said she is not invited to join the other dancers after the show, but she said it was because she is tired and doesn't want to go out.

I agree with the bolded part.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 3:32 am

I have soft spot for Kate, but her dancing is so bad I just don't see how they can keep her much over a couple more weeks.
I think she has proved she can still draw ratings which bodes well for future income. But she can not dance and to keep her past a few more weeks is dumb.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 4:07 am

bkshook wrote:
Rumors are circulating on the internet, that Kate's votes are being rigged by ABC, because she brings in alot of viewers, with all of her DRAMA...

It makes you wonder WHO is voting for her?? She is HORRIBLE!! All of the "viewer" polls show, that she should be going home, yet each week she keeps surviving...

Yes, Kate's dancing is horrible although she has never had the lowest judge's scores. (I expect that will change next week.) But what the typical DWTS viewer doesn't get is that Kate has fans. There are Gosselin Fan sites were people talk about about voting for her 40, 50, more times. ANd there are the "Hate Kate" sites were people are split but many vote for her to see her keep humiliating herself. ABC doesn't have to be rigging the votes.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 4:20 am

KyGirl wrote:
F3? Please no. (sorry blondie) She is just painful to watch.

That's okay. I did vote for Kate, not because I think she is the best dancer obviously, but because she is the person that I want to see more of. Do I think she will make it to the F3? Not unless her dancing improves, which I do think is possible.

I'm a big fan of Kate. She is so harshly judged, and most of the time it is based on rumors and lies. From what I could tell from last nights show Tony and the other dancers all seem to have a geniune affection for her. So I'm assuming all the media that has come out saying that she is a diva and nobody involved with DWTS likes her is a crock of sh*t. (there's a shocker ).

I kind of like being in the minority on this one though. It gives me more drive to defend her. Is this what BB11 Natalie fans felt like?

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 4:37 am

Quote :
I kind of like being in the minority on this one though. It gives me more drive to defend her. Is this what BB11 Natalie fans felt like?

I think you are not in the minority becasue if you were Kate would have been eliminated week 1. There are also a couple of people on this board that like her mim, ebowers, someone esle (I can't remember), and you.

I don't know what fans of Natalie felt like because I never was one and don't think that will change anytime soon. However, it seems like a lot of people like her more now after the season then they did when she was on the show.

I felt like defending Jordan when people wrote mean things about her during this season of Tar so I know what you mean about that.

Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 6:52 am

I heard on the news a few minutes ago Jon is planning on fighting for full custody of the kids. The reason? Kate is neglecting them by being on DWTS. I am SO tired of these people. Can they just go away??????
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 7:18 am

I wonder what a judge would/will say. I fully expect them to side with Kate; she has great lawyers and TLC firmly behind her. Jon always seems to have such dumb, awkward lawyers that seem to bumble everything in the media before they even get to court. Because of TLC's judgement against Jon, he can't even speak in the media until MAY!

I just remember a case a long while ago with Tonya Pinkins, and actress on AMC and broadway. Her husband WAS awarded full physical custody and support- because she was the only breadwinner! But that was in NYC- and it was a while ago.

Kate does have her own TLC show coming up- so all of this DWTS travel is not strictly necessary.

On the other hand, Jon is a douche. He was an IT analyst, supposedly. My oldest is a junior in college(5 year program) majoring in IT in a great school. He can easily make BIG bucks freelance, on-line- he does it all the time. If Jon has any sort of real IT skill he could do the same, basically anonymously-so he doesn't really need to judge bikini contests in Vegas. And on the other-other hand, Kate could do very well as a telecommuting RN, although I guess the cost of their lifestyle now could only be supported by show-biz.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 7:57 am

I am not a Kate fan. I did watch some of her shows and I always found her to be way too controlling, cold, and demeaning to Jon. I am sure he was not a saint, but in my eyes, he tried and she was never satisfied with what he did. I can understand him getting bitter. One thing I do believe, Kate does put her kids first, and I think she is a good mother. Lots of moms have to leave their kids for work, kids adjust, they don't need her home 24/7. That is just silly.

But, DWTS is a dancing show. And Kate is HORRIBLE. She is like a stiff robot walking around the stage. It's just not her thing, and she needs to be out the door right after Buzz, the other "non-dancer".
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5738
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 8:12 am

I like Kate, can't stand Jon. but that has nothing to do with DWTS. I won't feel good if she keeps being voted and held on much past the next 2 or 3 weeks unless she improves a mega lot. (which I don't see happening)

But this yr what I am most ticked about is that one of the celebs is someone who earns their living dancing. I don't think that is fair to the rest.
I like the person, just don't think is is right for others to have to compete with what I consider a professional dancer.

I have not picked my fav and don't usually til it gets down to the last 6 or so.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 9:25 am

While I agree that Nicole has more experience, she was not a professional dancer. She was a singer who did some choreographed moves - totally different than what she is doing now. The technical dancing is much harder than shaking her booty, I think. Does it give her a leg up? maybe. But, no more than a professional figure skater, IMO. Alot of the dancing is athleticism and having gymnasts, skaters, or pro-athletes on this show could be deemed "unfair".

But really, in the end it is a popularity contest. Some of the past winners were not the best dancers - but they were obviously pretty good, and more importantly, had a bigger fan base.

I really don't care about their background (as long as they are not a "professional dancer"). I like watching high energy..or smooth and emotional...or whatever else makes it fun to watch. But when they are just awful or painful to watch, they need to be voted off.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 2:51 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Quote :

I think you are not in the minority becasue if you were Kate would have been eliminated week 1. There are also a couple of people on this board that like her mim, ebowers, someone esle (I can't remember), and you.

I don't know what fans of Natalie felt like because I never was one and don't think that will change anytime soon. However, it seems like a lot of people like her more now after the season then they did when she was on the show.

I felt like defending Jordan when people wrote mean things about her during this season of Tar so I know what you mean about that.

I think some people didn't want others to know they were fans of Natalie during the season. It wasn't a popular thing to do. I liked her on the show. There were times she bugged me, but overall, she was okay.

I think it's natural for people to defend people they like. I can even understand Kate having fans and voting for her every week.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 4:08 pm

KayS wrote:
I heard on the news a few minutes ago Jon is planning on fighting for full custody of the kids. The reason? Kate is neglecting them by being on DWTS. I am SO tired of these people. Can they just go away??????

Here's the link to the article on E!. There is also a link to the court documents.

E! Online
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 6:10 pm

Interesting take on Kate - that contradicts a lot of anonymous "insider" rumors going around.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1546476.php/Kate-Gosselin-is-no-diva-a-day-inside-the-makeup-trailer-at-DWTS

Quote :
Did Kate have her phone too? Absolutely! But so did every last one of the stars seated as they texted and talked to their managers, family, publicists and whoever else called.

Gosselin actually spoke MORE to her artist and to all of us surrounding as she had to be "mom" on the phone for some very amusing stories with the eight children all vying to talk to her on the phone.
Never once did I see her act or speak to anyone without [color:4cc9=#008000 !important][color:4cc9=#008000 !important]humor, or a smile or act in any way diva-ish. She laughed, joked, made great eye contact and asked questions and engaged in conversations effortlessly, unlike some other female stars who will not be mentioned.
Oh yes, I came across one or two divas yesterday, but it certainly was NOT Kate Gosselin. Those offenders will stay under wraps because Monsters and Critics is hardly a tabloid.

If you are a fan, please know that this is my third year going to the set, and that this show runs like a family, from stage manager Denny Barry who keeps everyone to task and ready for their stage time to Wardrobe, Hair and Makeup who turn the cast out in fine form. All are hardworking. professional and there is no way anyone could cast Gosselin as difficult. Somebody is filling [color:4cc9=#008000 !important][color:4cc9=#008000 !important]US [color:4cc9=#008000 !important]Weekly with a load of hooey, if you ask me.

[color:4cc9=#008000 !important][color:4cc9=#008000 !important]Us [color:4cc9=#008000 !important]Weekly writes: "Kate Gosselin is so standoffish on Dancing With the Stars, she has show staffers contact her through her bodyguard."
Puh-lease! Kate was approachable and never consulted anyone to speak to me, an outsider inside a closed set, nor did I ever witness her consult with any bodyguard prior to speaking to anyone! Erin was the one on a bit of lockdown for the crazy threats that were made, and Niecy Nash, my "Clean House" favorite, was never seen in the trailer.

Us contends that Kate "hasn't bothered getting to know any of the other contestants either." From what I saw yesterday, she was chatty and certainly social with her castmates and crew on the show. Where did THAT come from?
"She's not much fun," a production source tells Us???
Kate was the most fun to talk to, next to zany Erin for the female contestants!
Pictures speak a thousand words, please have a look at some of M&C's snaps from yesterday's day with the Stars.

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 6:30 pm

I think my opinion about Kate is based more on the fact that she can't dance. Even though we have to hear about her personal life everyday.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 6:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 7th 2010, 7:06 pm

Thanks for the article jfan. I love how the non Kate fans are calling her out on her saying that there was no bodyguard in the trailer and yet she has a picture of her & Maks with Steve in the background

I never believe any of the crap I read in those rag magazines. I have my own feelings when it comes to Kate and they have nothing to do with whether or not she's trying to steal Jake from Vienna I mean seriously what will they think of next.

I agree Happy, I wish all these news outlets would stick with her dancing ability or IMO lack thereof.

I did love Pam's boots and the fact that they are made of recycled TV's lol, that's amazing.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 8th 2010, 11:17 am

There's an absolutely delightful article about Maks/Erin in this week's People.
These two are sooo smitten with each other, it's not even funny! There's a deep respect there for each other, for sure. I hope they go far in the competition...they are good!
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 8th 2010, 12:03 pm

ebowers wrote:
These two are sooo smitten with each other, it's not even funny! There's a deep respect there for each other, for sure. I hope they go far in the competition...they are good!

Thanks for the heads up! I absolutely love Max and Erin! It is good to see her laugh and be able to let her hair down. Also, a happy Max is a scorching HOT Max!

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   April 8th 2010, 3:05 pm

bamajen wrote:
ebowers wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I absolutely love Max and Erin! It is good to see her laugh and be able to let her hair down. Also, a happy Max is a scorching HOT Max!

I totally agree bama!

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010   

Back to top Go down

DWTS 10 Discussion 4/05/2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: