Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 8:55 am

Oh, poor Mark. Hope the surgery is successful and he has a very quick rehab.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 8:56 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
KyGirl wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
catty wrote:
Well that sucks! I'm not watching anymore
Just kidding hahaha. I can't believe Buzz and Kate beat Pam and Shannon. WTH!? I really wanted to see Shannon more. And was Mark crying at the end? I thought I saw a tear.
On the bright side, at least Pam and Niecy are still in it Smile

Someone on twitter said Mark has a knee injury and would need surgery. I didn't notice that when he danced
Happy I think he injured it rehearsing for tonight or maybe during yesterdays performance. I can't remember. They talked about it at the end of the show. He was going to be out for 6 weeks.

So he wouldn't have been able to continue even if he and Shannen were safe?

They said his father who is also a professional dancer was going to take over for him if Shannen stayed.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 8:57 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
KyGirl wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
catty wrote:
Well that sucks! I'm not watching anymore
Just kidding hahaha. I can't believe Buzz and Kate beat Pam and Shannon. WTH!? I really wanted to see Shannon more. And was Mark crying at the end? I thought I saw a tear.
On the bright side, at least Pam and Niecy are still in it Smile

Someone on twitter said Mark has a knee injury and would need surgery. I didn't notice that when he danced
Happy I think he injured it rehearsing for tonight or maybe during yesterdays performance. I can't remember. They talked about it at the end of the show. He was going to be out for 6 weeks.

So he wouldn't have been able to continue even if he and Shannen were safe?

Happy Mark would not have been able to continue if him and Shannen had stayed, his dad would have been paired with Shannen. He said he injured his knee in rehearsal Monday night, adrenaline may have helped him dance through it but then he had an MRI and they told him he may need surgery but he's out for 6 weeks.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 8:58 am

Mappy wrote:
Oh, poor Mark. Hope the surgery is successful and he has a very quick rehab.

Mark said last night that they weren't for sure that he would need surgery, either way he's out for 6 weeks. Or has it been said that he will now be having surgery.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 9:07 am

ranjake wrote:
Katydidit- I had heard (don't know if it's true) that Lacey was 'difficult' and that's why she wasn't asked back. Another rumor is they really wanted Kym back, but after her win with Donny, she wanted more money than they were willing to pay her. Seems like lots of people in the ballroom dancing community are posting in lots of places today about how excellent Tony is as a teacher, and how he has a great reputation.

That is what makes me so mad about Kate. She is always the "victim" and Tony seems to be paying the price for it. As far as I can remember he has NEVER had a problem with partners before. The problem is not him, he seems to be such a gracious, patient teacher. He was so sweet and kind to Melissa, Stacy, Marissa... I hope he continues to be rallied around and they go home soon. They both looked miserable last night.

Do you think the people that are voting for her are fans?? Because if they are voting because they like her, they should just put them both out of their misery and let them go home.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 9:15 am

I was not surprised at all that Kate is still there. Yes, her dancing sucks but she has a far bigger following of "fanatics" who love or hate her than people like Shannen or even Pamela Anderson.

ABC is milking Kate's "popularity" for all it is worth. DWTS ratings were declining over the last couple of seasons - they made personal and format changes (different co-host and fewer dancers) but I don't think they thought it was enough. So they brought in some controversial 'stars' - sex pot Pamela Anderson and controversial Kate Gosselin. That is the reason both of them have danced in the last half hour the first two weeks - keep the audience until the end.

It seems to have worked as DWTS posted huge numbers for its opening night and the largest audience was in the last 1/2 hour. From what I have read now, it looks like Kate is the ratings draw - the thing that kept Kate in the competition was the massive number of votes she got. That translates to networks getting the message that Kate Gosselin is a huge ratings draw even without the kids and Jon despite the fact that she is so hated (maybe because she is so hated). I expect that TLC will move forward more quickly on another Kate Gosselin show.

As for ABC and DWTS, they have a huge problem. Their ratings draw can't dance at all but I am sure they are fearing a large ratings drop when she leaves. All the people who watch to see the train wreck will lose interest. However, when they get to the point where each couple has to dance two different dances in an episode, there is no way Kate can.

So I think they will milk the Kate Gosselin drama for all that it is worth for the next 2-3 weeks. Shannen wasn't going to win and I expect they hope that Buzz, Aiden, and maybe Jake go before Kate. By then, I think they hope that people have become invested enough in the others dancing that they continue to watch.

That also works for Kate because she has a book coming out in mid-April.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 9:48 am

I'm so interested to see how her new book does. The others were NYtimes best sellers, even though I heard that the "Eight Little Faces" one was mostly scripture combined with pictures of her kids and a few anecdotes. Her third book was going to be a cookbook; but I think that was scrapped and now she has "I just want you to know"...I think she said it's telling her kids that she loves them and why she's done all she's done in their unconventional life. For a while her popularity was off and she didn't have as many speaking engagements; but then Jon began acting like he was Justin Beiber or someone, and more people became "Team Kate' again.

She did a speaking engagement again a few weeks ago, and I heard she was much less the Diva than she used to be. I had friends that had went to a speaking engagement at their church a few years ago, and apparently she was pretty stand-off-ish and the body guard was intense, and you were instructed not to stare directly at Kate because she finds it a threat? or something. Apparently she's the only cast member of DWS that has personal security; but people find it odd that he walks behind her rather than in front of her.

Today also I heard a rumor that their "story" dance will be about Kate's struggles, with Tony playing Jon?! That's got to be a joke, no?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 10:51 am

I would call what Kate has 'notoriety' rather than 'popularity' lol!
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 11:01 am

What a disappointing first elimination. I really don't think Shannon should have been first to go. The only consolation is that Mark was going to be out for 6 weeks, and he is one of my favourite pro dancers, so if she doesn't have him as a partner, she is probably not overly sad to go.

How the heck Kate made it is beyond me. I am sick to death of her. She is so bitter and such a downer, I feel bad for Tony. And I get it Buzz, you were an astronaut...I am just not that impressed I guess. Go enjoy your retirement and stop this silliness.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 12:12 pm

Schooner wrote:
What a disappointing first elimination. I really don't think Shannon should have been first to go. The only consolation is that Mark was going to be out for 6 weeks, and he is one of my favourite pro dancers, so if she doesn't have him as a partner, she is probably not overly sad to go.

How the heck Kate made it is beyond me. I am sick to death of her. She is so bitter and such a downer, I feel bad for Tony. And I get it Buzz, you were an astronaut...I am just not that impressed I guess. Go enjoy your retirement and stop this silliness.

Buzz is 80 years old and I wish with all my heart that my Dad could do something like DWTS.
I give Buzz a LOT of credit for even doing the show and for being an inspiration today to a lot of young people and elders... just as he was back in 1969.
I agree he is not a great dancer but I think he is showing his courage and strength once again ...and I applaud it.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 12:52 pm

I too, applaud Buzz for having the gusto to get out there and strut his stuff at 80 years old. I was 13 when he walked on the moon. Was impressed then, am impressed now. Space travel is an Eh Whatever to most young kids these days, but back in the day it was a BIG deal. School kids had tv's wheeled into the schoolroom, Moms gathered and watched. Dads stopped work to watch. I will never forget that excitement.
Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 12:55 pm

Kate is a "love to hate" kind of person. I don't vote on this show so I don't know who's voting for her. She won't last too long.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 12:57 pm

I hope Buzz stays around for awhile, yes he's not a good dancer but he has the heart!and attitude. I really want Kate gone she is so negative.

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 1:16 pm

Thanks guys for the Mark update. I was switching between American Idol and DWTS. Then I went on twitter and got a bunch of tweets about his knee injury and I missed the part about his dad taking over.

As they say everything happens for a reason.

I have to say as much as I can't stand some of the remaing contestants this season has a lot of Buzz (get it?) LOL

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 1:25 pm

Yup, Buzz isn't a good dancer but I love watching him. It's not only that I admire him tremendously for his accomplishments and respect him for his place in history but he brings back warm memories of my Grandfathers dancing at weddings.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 2:34 pm

Any 80yo who has the guts to go on DWTS has my admiration whether they can dance or not.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5290
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 2:37 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Any 80yo who has the guts to go on DWTS has my admiration whether they can dance or not.

I agree! These are my scores for courage!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 3:15 pm

KayS wrote:
I too, applaud Buzz for having the gusto to get out there and strut his stuff at 80 years old. I was 13 when he walked on the moon. Was impressed then, am impressed now. Space travel is an Eh Whatever to most young kids these days, but back in the day it was a BIG deal. School kids had tv's wheeled into the schoolroom, Moms gathered and watched. Dads stopped work to watch. I will never forget that excitement.

I remember it like yesterday. The excitement and anticipation. If you didn't experience firsthand it is hard to explain. The entire nation was glue to the television.

Good for Buzz. 80 years old and dancing. God love him.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14733
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 3:44 pm

I would much rather watch Buzz dance over Kate. Since Kate is there another week, I hope she is able to suck it up, take direction, and come out and do a better job next week. She has so much room to improve. She just needs to relax. It's a new week w/ new scores, etc..

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 3:47 pm

thatgirl wrote:

Even Cloris???...boy, people disrespected her so badly on most boards. As I posted in another thread, I just worry about Buzz hurting himself. A friend's mother who is 80 and in good health, as Buzz appears to be, fell...out of the blue...those things can happen so quickly when you are that age. I do want to say, just because I don't vote for Buzz, I give my votes to Erin/Maks and Chad/Cheryl, and because I think he should be gone soon, I still respect Buzz for his accomplishments and admire him tremendously.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 3:51 pm

I have a very bad feeling that Kate will make it to the F3 not because she deserves to stay, but because she creates "Drama". I don't see how she can become like Ty Murry and actually master dancing by the fianle.

When and if that happens this show has Jumped The Shark.

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14733
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 3:59 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
I have a very bad feeling that Kate will make it to the F3 not because she deserves to stay, but because she creates "Drama". I don't see how she can become like Ty Murry and actually master dancing by the fianle.

I don't think she will make F3. I hope not anyway. So let's think my way, so it doesn't happen, okay?

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 4:08 pm

catty wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I don't think she will make F3. I hope not anyway. So let's think my way, so it doesn't happen, okay?

I would love it if she didn't, but it is a gut feeling because a lot of shows seem to be rigged now. I read one of the contracts for these Reality shows and it says in the fine print that the producers have the right to change the outcome anyway they want. It was pretty insightful.

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 5:52 pm

I am on the "kate team". am I the only one left?

but, lol, I can see she can not dance worth a damn, almost painful to watch. I just hope she will loosen up and enjoy it more.
IMHO, she is doing lots of stuff that she is not comfortable with to make money to support her and the kids.
Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:02 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I would love it if she didn't, but it is a gut feeling because a lot of shows seem to be rigged now. I read one of the contracts for these Reality shows and it says in the fine print that the producers have the right to change the outcome anyway they want. It was pretty insightful.

Oh my, that's interesting.
Back to top Go down
blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:19 pm

mimTN wrote:

but, lol, I can see she can not dance worth a damn, almost painful to watch. I just hope she will loosen up and enjoy it more.
IMHO, she is doing lots of stuff that she is not comfortable with to make money to support her and the kids.

Your not alone Mim, I'm still on "team Kate" too. No, she's clearly not the best dancer but I think she'll improve.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35462
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:22 pm

BlueBonnet wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

Oh my, that's interesting.

I've actually seen that in the small print right on the tv screen. Several shows..I don't remember which ones.. on Bravo and HGTV have that written at the very end of the show. It says something like: producers have the right to advise on the outcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:24 pm

mimTN wrote:

I'm here too, mim! I can see also that she can't dance and I too find it painful to watch, but I still like her. She's never done anything to offend me, personally. If I went on a show like DWTS, I probably would act like that too...I get easily frustrated like she did the other night. Who knows, maybe I would've said something like that to Tony also. And, how do we know this isn't all set up with the producers for Kate to bring as much drama into the rehearsals as possible???
Some over at the ABC message board are crying conspiracy!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35462
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:32 pm

No matter how many people on AABB who I love and respect say they like her, I just can't. Didn't like her on Jon and Kate and I still don't.
It's not that I really dislike her... I just want her to go away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:48 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
No matter how many people on AABB who I love and respect say they like her, I just can't. Didn't like her on Jon and Kate and I still don't.

good posting
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:49 pm

Ya, I have never responded too well to a controlling personality. That trait brings out the stubborn, willful side of my personality. Not my best quality! Lol
I don't strongly dislike her but I'm tired of her I guess.
Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 6:51 pm

I wonder if they're doing a fast dance or a slow dance? She has a much better chance with slow, imo. Their story dance really is going to be about Kate's last 2 years, with Tony playing Jon!

Okay Kate fans, forgive me, I'm going to be mean-do you think they'll use a white plastic lawn chair as a prop?! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

ps-their dance is a paso doble(sp?) So that's, what, 'the bull fight' dance?
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 7:16 pm

Here is the dance Jake is doing this week:

jakepavelka1: Just finishing rehearsal. Quickstep is like it sounds, quick!

jakepavelka1: @jeanngan Good Stuff! The Hilton quickstep! Nice.

Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 7:17 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

I've never seen Kate on other shows. Just magazine covers. My only experience is seeing her act like a shrew to Tony, who I have always seen as the good guy.

KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 8:07 pm

I didn't watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 until some here posted about it. It was nice to see the kids, they are so cute. But I hate seeing young children used for a tv opportunity. Now they have to grow up seeing their parents apart, and they can watch every dirty detail of the split. Now they can watch Kate be mean to Tony of all people.

If she embraced the dancing and looked like she was having fun, I could be glad she is getting to do something for herself. But she is acting like a diva, and I don't think she enjoys competing. She was always the big cheese, the one everyone listened to.
Back to top Go down
willsdoll
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 8:29 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

Amen good posting
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   March 31st 2010, 10:20 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

I like Kate, I love aabb even if we never like the same people.
funny thing is I never watched jon and kate +8 til all the stuff about the seperation, then I watched some of the reruns. I think the bitch in her appealed to the bitch that comes out in me from time to time. Heck if I know why I like her, just do.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   April 1st 2010, 4:20 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:

I doubt that's going to happen as long as the hate for her is so over the top --- she is ratings gold because of the rabid anti-fans. (Not people here.) When the passionate hate turns to apathy, Kate Gosselin will go away.

I can understand not liking Kate Gosselin - but I agree with the sentiment I read elsewhere - I dislike her haters more than I dislike Kate. I can't stand the people who compare her to Hitler, who start campaigns to write and email everyone who has anything to do with her, who hypocritically say she needs to be home with the kids when they don't say that about any other working Mom, who argue that she exploits the kids by having them on TV but praise the Duggars when they do the same, etc.

Oh and no matter how many people I love and respect like Jon, I just can't. No matter how bad his marriage was, he is a man who makes his own choices. And I am so not impressed with the choices he makes.

Last edited by jfan on April 1st 2010, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   April 1st 2010, 4:36 am

ranjake wrote:
Okay Kate fans, forgive me, I'm going to be mean-do you think they'll use a white plastic lawn chair as a prop?! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Sounds like you visit the site I can't stand - Gosselins Without Pity - as that is one of their favorite things to rag on. They are ones who compare her to Hitler and hyppcritically pontificate about what Kate should and shouldn't do. THey are the ones that excuse everything that Jon does because he is a "victim." Luckily I don't have to bother going there anymore to see what crap they post - found a great site that pokes fun at THe GWOPers and they cut and paste enough to get the flavor of the lunatic comments of the day. They are not Kate fans but more people who can appreciate the ridiculousness of the people who post incessantly about their hate of her.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   April 1st 2010, 5:28 am

catty wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I agree catty, no way will she make it to final three, because to be honest she can't dance. I am glad she made it through the first round. I don't dislike Kate like most do. I really feel she had a good reason to be like she was with Jon on the show and otherwise. Jon was so immature and honestly he did dumb crap..lol...Anyway if nothing else I think Kate will look after her kids and always be there for them, thats more than I think Jon will do. I hope she does better next week for her own sake. ..anyway jmo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   

Back to top Go down

DWTS March 30
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: