blondie55
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5734
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:55 am

jfan wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
No matter how many people on AABB who I love and respect say they like her, I just can't. Didn't like her on Jon and Kate and I still don't.
It's not that I really dislike her... I just want her to go away.

I doubt that's going to happen as long as the hate for her is so over the top --- she is ratings gold because of the rabid anti-fans. (Not people here.) When the passionate hate turns to apathy, Kate Gosselin will go away.

I can understand not liking Kate Gosselin - but I agree with the sentiment I read elsewhere - I dislike her haters more than I dislike Kate. I can't stand the people who compare her to Hitler, who start campaigns to write and email everyone who has anything to do with her, who hypocritically say she needs to be home with the kids when they don't say that about any other working Mom, who argue that she exploits the kids by having them on TV but praise the Duggars when they do the same, etc.

Oh and no matter how many people I love and respect like Jon, I just can't. No matter how bad his marriage was, he is a man who makes his own choices. And I am so not impressed with the choices he makes.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:45 am

Hitler? Yikes. That's a good post Jfan. I don't like her, but I certainly don't hate her. Never watched the Duggars so not sure why Kate's haters like them so much.
Back to top Go down
London
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5991
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:02 am

I watched their show a lot and I actually miss seeing the kids. They were so cute. Jon and Kate are both awful IMO but I dislike Jon more after everything that happened with the divorce.

Don't get me started on the f'ing Duggars. Whoever is near me when they come on the tv is forced to listen to my rant lol. I'll spare you guys.

I want Kate to go soon. I'm voting for Pam next week because I don't want her to go yet and I was surprised she was in danger.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/stamalot
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:41 am

Sounds like ABC doesn't want Kate to go any time soon. Frankly, I think they need to cut her from DWTS soon and find another vehicle for her if they want to milk ratings.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/entertainment/television/040110-producer-says-kate-gosselin-biggest-star-on-dwts

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 am

jfan wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
No matter how many people on AABB who I love and respect say they like her, I just can't. Didn't like her on Jon and Kate and I still don't.
It's not that I really dislike her... I just want her to go away.

I doubt that's going to happen as long as the hate for her is so over the top --- she is ratings gold because of the rabid anti-fans. (Not people here.) When the passionate hate turns to apathy, Kate Gosselin will go away.

I can understand not liking Kate Gosselin - but I agree with the sentiment I read elsewhere - I dislike her haters more than I dislike Kate. I can't stand the people who compare her to Hitler, who start campaigns to write and email everyone who has anything to do with her, who hypocritically say she needs to be home with the kids when they don't say that about any other working Mom, who argue that she exploits the kids by having them on TV but praise the Duggars when they do the same, etc.

Oh and no matter how many people I love and respect like Jon, I just can't. No matter how bad his marriage was, he is a man who makes his own choices. And I am so not impressed with the choices he makes.

I agree with everything you posted here, jfan...well written.
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

Not a Kate fan at all - don't hate her..just don't really like her. My kids loved that show and I would watch sometimes with them. I always commented on her, and they would defend her "oh mom, she has 8 kids, she HAS to be like that or it would be chaos". Sorry, I thought she was cold and mean. I understand her need to provide for her children, and it was a great opportunity for them, but she still was a cold fish.

As far as Buzz on DWTS - sorry, I don't like it. To me, these kind of shows are about everyday "stars" doing something out of their comfort range and learning a skill. He is just too old to be doing this show. And while I may respect what he has done with his career, doesn't mean I think he should be doing this. I think it makes him look sort of silly. I am embarrassed for him. Maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 am

And another case of "mim doesn't know shit". I had no clue people hated Kate that much.
A whole community devoted to hating her? Good Lord! That says more about them than her.
If I ever start going to a site to hate Anyone, please someone just shoot me.
I am so dumb about the world, and constantly amazed that people get so emotionally involved in celeb or reality stuff. This stuff is just a small, little thing to me. My thing about liking J&J and loving aabb? They are nice couple and enjoy watching their romance but it does not affect my life and I love this site because of the personal connection to the posters, who have become real life friends to me. The rest of this stuff is just not that important.
LOL, sorry, this astounded me so much I am babbling.
A site devoted to hating someone, WTF?
Lordy Mercy!
Back to top Go down
BlueBonnet
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 am

I should've known that there would be sites like GWOP, I've just never seen them. It's silly to devote that much energy to hate her.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am

BlueBonnet wrote:
I should've known that there would be sites like GWOP, I've just never seen them. It's silly to devote that much energy to hate her.

How very true, BlueBonnet. Could you imagine if people actually put that much energy into getting along with other people...or at least respecting others for who and what they are??
I guess then we'd be in heaven!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14732
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:50 am

Hey, I don't like/dislike Kate, but if her dancing continues to suck, then yes I would hope she gets the boot. I am giving her a chance. She can improve.
I never watched her show on TLC and I have not been fascinated/interested in her marriage. I never understood the fascination media has with it. I do think she is doing this to support her kids, but that shouldn't be the reason why people vote for her to stay.

I didn't know she had a hate website? Who would put so much effort into hating someone? Who has the time?

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
ranjake
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2902
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:25 pm

The hate site was started by the sister of her sister-in-law, Jodi.(married to Kate's brother Kevin; who used to be the only family member Kate had contact with-she doesn't have contact with them anymore, but Jon does, and when he has the kids, the kids see 'aunt jodi and uncle kevin).

Anyhoo- 'aunt jodi' was frequently on the show and seemed much beloved by the kids, and she watched them frequently despite having 4 little kids of her own. She also did things like fly all the way to Utah to assist J/K with the kids for one day. Rumor has it TLC offered aunt jodi a pay stipend since she was on the show so much, and rumor has it that Kate wanted no one paid but them- so Aunt Jodi was never on the show again. Rumor has it that Jodi said "that's ok, I love the kids, they love us, I'll still babysit" and Kate said 'No, why would you if you're not getting paid?'

So THAT website started because Jodi's sister was pissed on her sisters behalf (rightly or wrongly)...and it snowballed with Kate haters, and really became over-the-top.

Later- Jodi and Kevin began giving interviews and often called out Kate; so the rift grew even wider. They were the first to say that Kate ended the marriage and said to Jon "Look, I'm not into you-but we're gonna stay married for the show".
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14732
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Wow. That sounds even worse. Maybe I think differently, but I would never do that to friends or family, even if there was a rift. I couldn't do that.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS March 30   

Back to top Go down

DWTS March 30
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: