all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dtd2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 4:22 pm

From the creator of American Idol comes a brand new show called "If I can Dream". The show puts 5 people who have dreams to become a big celebrity. The interesting part is that there is a FREE 24/7 live stream following them around the house. These 5 people will live in the house, but not be cut off from the outside. Outside the house they will try to make it big! Also once when one of them does make it big, they will leave the house. Then another person will move in and take their place, meaning that the show has no end date. While off the top of my head two other shows that were supposed to last forever, didn't (Forever Eden lasted a month here in the States and a version of Big Brother Germany only lasted 788 days), but this show won't be on TV. It will air exclusively online so that there can be no restrictions.

HOW TO WATCH

The houseguests move in tonight between 7pm ET & 8pm ET. Then after that the website will air the stream 24/7

http://ificandream.com/

Also a weekly 30 minute episode will be edited together to bring the highlights powered by Hulu, already the first episode with the cast intrducing themselfs and meeting each other for the first time is available.

http://www.hulu.com/if-i-can-dream

Last edited by dtd2 on March 2nd 2010, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 4:35 pm

thanks for the scoop dtd2!

dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 4:42 pm

Your welcome.

I still have a few questions about the show though.

1) Are other people allowed to enter the house like the Real World?
2) Is there only one feed?
3) What if none of them are in the house at any one time?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 5:19 pm

They enter the house tonight at 7 eastern. Do I really want to get sucked into this?! head bang
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 5:23 pm

The website just relaunched and it looks like we control which room we watch! There is even a page where you can see 25 different cameras at once!

http://ificandream.com/#/allcams

Right now somebody is tidying up the house before they move in by the pool.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 5:30 pm

There is a guest bedroom stir the pot
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 5:42 pm

John Platt from Big Brother is one of the producers!

If you go to just watch it looks like it is the main feed, since it follwed that woman around as she moved around.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 5:55 pm

The only person I've seen moving is one of the blondes in the living room on her computer and cordless phone. Supposed to be 50 cameras. I have a feeling that they're only going to show one camera.

I did click the link for the 'all cams' and there was no movement and the pool isn't one of the options Sad

Don't know if I'll watch the feeds but I am interested in the 'shows' on Hulu.

Thanks dtd ... I think lol!

Last edited by Mappy on March 2nd 2010, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 5:57 pm

Gal on the phone said 'the cast is on their way' so I guess she isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 6:00 pm

Amanda, Ben, Giglianne, Justin and Kara.
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 6:16 pm

Over the last 35 minutes the cast has been tweeting they are about to move in.
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 6:18 pm

I think their here!
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 6:34 pm

So what does everyone think so far?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 6:52 pm

dtd2 wrote:
So what does everyone think so far?

I think we're the only two watching LOL I just tweeted the link so maybe others will catch it.

If you use the 'all cams' link, you can go to a specific room as you stated.

I'm not sure but I'm hoping Amanda doesn't get on my nerves. She's very 'vocal' lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 6:53 pm

Can you provide their Twitter names? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 7:23 pm

Thank you. I'm linking people on Twittter. So far, so good. Can you imagine when the booze starts to flow?! This is going to be nuts.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 7:30 pm

@ificandream show
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 2nd 2010, 10:19 pm

u are very brave mappy!

i will check into this tomorrow

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 3rd 2010, 8:11 am

I watched for awhile last night. The group dynamic is good. The single camera is a bother but am used to it because of BBUK. After last night I was able to determine that I'll watch off and on but won't be glued to the feeds ala BB... thank heavens lol
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 3rd 2010, 8:47 am

I somehow missed this thread. Of course they're all sleeping now so I have no idea if I'm interested in this or not. Honestly I hope I'm not! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 3rd 2010, 9:15 am

Lori wrote:
I somehow missed this thread. Of course they're all sleeping now so I have no idea if I'm interested in this or not. Honestly I hope I'm not! lol!

Go to the site and play catch up. Videos galore lol
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 3rd 2010, 11:21 am

Caught up with Ron's radio show from last night. Korie did some research on the show for Ron and it appears that they are still looking for future dreamers. As each person achieves their dream, a new member will join the household.

Simon Fuller, EP of American Idol and many other shows, is behind this one.

Some of his other projects http://www.19.co.uk/projects/

The dreamers will interact with the fan base daily through Twitter and other electronic means. Today is scheduled for 4 pm pacific.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 3rd 2010, 2:14 pm

So I'm cleaning the kitchen and had a thought...live feeds.

Justin going to sing in the blue room. Amanda and Kara his audience...along with live feeders lol

Weird to hear phone ringing. Contact between the dreamers and show people.

Interesting.

http://ificandream.com/#/justwatch
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 23rd 2010, 3:07 pm

Anyone still watching? Now that IICD has been on for almost a month, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 23rd 2010, 3:50 pm

wvpdles wrote:
Anyone still watching? Now that IICD has been on for almost a month, what do you think?

I simply haven't had the time. I think about it once in awhile but not enough to watch videos or the live stream. Maybe I'll drop in sometime this week just for the heck of it.
Back to top Go down
hooterific

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 24th 2010, 6:52 am

I stumbled across If I Can Dream a couple weeks ago while I was on Hulu. I thought it looked interesting, decided to watch the first episode, and I have to say - I'm hooked! There's no way I am going to go all "Big Brother" on it and watch obsessively, pausing only for food and bathroom breaks, while everyone in my life is left to suffer, occasionally muttering "she'll be back with us come September..." But I do watch a little bit every day, at different times of the day.

Last night was fun to watch because Idol winner Kris Allen came to the house for dinner. He stayed for a couple of hours, taking some Twitter questions from fans off the flat screen for about a half hour after dinner. The atmosphere was very relaxed and everyone had a great time. Last week David Cook and his band came over (to play beer pong!), and a few days ago Lacey Brown was there for dinner. I think each week's Idol castoff may be coming by, not sure, though.

When I go to the site, I never click on "just watch" because you can't control what room you'll see. I always look in the bottom right corner and pause my mouse over each houseguest to see what room they're in, then I click on "the house" in the upper left corner and then move the mouse around until I see the room I want, then click on it. It's much faster than clicking on an individual houseguest, or on "all cams" which sometimes doesn't show ALL cams.

If you really want to get into it, I would suggest going to "video archives" and then on the left side click on "weekly episodes". You will be hooked in no time!

By the way, interesting little tidbit about Justin, the smokin' hot singer-songwriter - this is not his first rodeo - he was a contestant on Nashville Star in 2008, finishing 10th out of 12. And he dated Miley Cyrus for a while, apparently with her family's approval, since she was underage. Did I mention that he is suh-MOKIN' hot? Here's a little sump'n from a few years ago when his hair was shorter - -

Told ya!

But besides the obvious eye candy, it really is fun to watch Justin writing songs and performing with the various songwriters and friends and artists that come to the house. Quite different from Big Brother, with its "PLEASE STOP SINGING!" Also fun is watching Kara doing improv with Ben, or how she can make up a song on the spot while Justin strums the guitar. And we got to see Giglianne doing a photo shoot with a top fashion photographer just the other day. The producer or someone from production comes by every day and there's usually something pretty interesting to watch, even with all the down time. (I have to admit, sometimes a little part of me is thinking "when is the veto competition?" lol)

One last thing - I think Justin AND Ben have crushes on Giglianne, and even though she says she and Justin are just friends (she promised to go out with him if he wrote her a song, which he did, so she did, lol) I think she likes him too. All of Justin's friends (he lives in L.A.) are smitten with her, as are probably every man she meets! But it's fun to watch Justin openly flirt with her while Ben is much more subdued, almost boyish about it.

But I'm not obsessed or anything...
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 24th 2010, 7:41 am

Wow! Thanks for the recap Hoot. Now I'm interested again lol I'll try to watch a video or live today. I'm curious to see how much my original opinion of the house guests will change.
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 24th 2010, 8:10 pm

I like that IICD doesn't have a game aspect, you don't have to be obsessed watching the stream so you don't miss who turned or whom. With BB, if you miss 5 minutes of feed you missed a fake alliance forming and real one breaking up. LOL

For hours sometimes there's nothing said between the dream mates. Most action happens of the evening, I also like that friends and guests come in. Justin's roommate, Garret is my favorite. He Justin and another friend Rick, put up a tent in the blue room and slept in it over the weekend. It irritated Amanda and Ben. hehe

Justin's been on Glee and was in the Taylor Swift video Love Story. Since he's been in the house, he's wrote (with the help of some writers) several new songs. Watching them be created was neat.

Mappy if you want to catch up on what you've missed http://dreamupdates.com has daily diaries of what happened with some screenshots.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 24th 2010, 8:15 pm

Thanks WV! Between you and Hoot, I'm getting sucked back in lol
Back to top Go down
hooterific

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 27th 2010, 7:18 am

Thought you guys might want to know - there's a new website called dreamupdates.com that seems pretty cool. It has a forum and live updates on all the goings on in the house.
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 29th 2010, 11:43 am

Yesterday, Amanda had a photo shoot in the house with Roger Sebree. The last part of the shoot she was told the streams were turned off, so she stripped naked in the LR and then was covered with liquid latex, however the stream wasn't off for everyone...
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 30th 2010, 8:09 pm

Alex Lambert is moving into the If I Can Dream house bit.ly cvf8lK--it%27s
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   March 30th 2010, 9:45 pm

wvpdles wrote:
Alex Lambert is moving into the If I Can Dream house bit.ly cvf8lK--it%27s

Wow! Hope he loses the mullet. He has a great voice!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   April 2nd 2010, 1:25 am

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   April 2nd 2010, 7:07 am

Over 1 million people watched
Alex Lambert enter the #iicdhouse bit.ly c0v12e
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   April 4th 2010, 12:25 am

Sign the petition to bring Chef Lindsay back to the IICD house! bit.ly iicdlinds
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   April 4th 2010, 12:32 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

Thanks for posting that video! I have really missed Alex on Idol. Sad
Back to top Go down
wvpdles

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   April 13th 2010, 5:50 pm

Justin is going to perform a duet with Brooke White on American Idol Wed night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)   

Back to top Go down

If I Can Dream (Big Brother meets American Idol, sort of)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: