Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 12:06 am

Flashback: Erin Andrews’s Dancing Past Revealed!

link

Watch out, Maksim! Before Erin Andrews competed on Dancing with the Stars, the ESPN correspondent learned how to strut her stuff from another master.

A sporty-looking Andrews — then in her early 20s — appears in star choreographer Darrin Henson‘s Darrin’s Dance Grooves training video, featuring music by ‘N Sync and Britney Spears from their heyday. Andrews is seen surrounded by other enthusiastic dancers as they study Henson’s hip moves.

The decade-old tape teaches Henson’s “unique, street-style dance steps” used in the pop stars’ videos. In addition to dancing, Andrews is seen giving a thumbs-up testimonial in the video, which was first posted by Deadspin.com. “When you’re watching this choreography, you just wanna get up and do it with them,” the excited student says.

What would Bruno or Len say? – Zach Haberman

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 12:10 am

Dancing with the Stars
Evan Lysacek’s DWTS Blog: Dancing into the Future

May 10, 2010

Hi everyone!
We’re just hours away from our eighth performance show of the season. If I sound energized it’s because Anna and I had an amazing road trip since last week’s shows. The Stars on Ice tour swung through Chicago over the weekend, which allowed me to spend a little bit of time with my family –- especially my mom. It was a little bit of quality time that meant the world to me and put me in great spirits to come back to Los Angeles on Sunday morning.
This week, each of the remaining five couples will dance two full routines. Anna and I have the slow waltz. It’s a bit different than the Viennese Waltz we performed earlier. It’s different timing, different tempo and a different vibe. Do I sound like a dancer? I think after this many weeks of rehearsing the different dances I’m catching on to the lingo and I actually understand what I’m talking about. The waltz is a beautiful, enchanted dance for us — and one I hope you all enjoy watching.
Our second dance will apply to this week’s decade theme. Each couple will perform a routine that exhibits the flavor of a certain decade, and Anna and I will be dancing our cha cha to ‘the future.’ It’s so fun to see her rise to the challenge of not only choreographing a new cha cha, but one that has a futuristic vibe to it. We worked on technique, of course, but we also worked on including some android-like moves (not too robotic) that would remind you that we’re from the future. Because we were traveling, we didn’t get a sneak peek at what the others are doing for their theme performances. So again, the fan in me is excited to see what my pals have come up with for their respective decades.
As the weeks are winding down toward the end of season 10, I am feeling really good about all of the shows we’ve done so far. My goal when I signed on to do Dancing with the Stars was to learn all of the dances that I could. I wanted to know that by the end of my time here I could do a paso doble, a cha cha, a waltz and more. I think the mirror ball trophy could be anyone’s this season. It’s probably going to come down to the freestyle dance and the audience vote.
But I don’t want to get ahead of myself. In fact, none of us wants to look too far ahead. We’re taking things literally dance by dance, week by week. The mentality I’ve had as an athlete all these years is to take care of my job on a given day because that’s all I can control. That’s how we’re all viewing the remainder of the season –- starting with tonight’s show. Sit back and enjoy, and by all means don’t forget to VOTE! –Evan Lysacek

Craig Sjodin/ABC

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 2:05 am

Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 11:47 am

http://www.mjsbigblog.com

‘Dancing With the Stars’ Wants Betty White

Even at 88, Betty White has the ambition of a 20-something! She brought downt he house on ‘Saturday Night Live’ after her rabid fans on Facebook got her on the show, and now she’s being recruited by yet another massively popular show: ‘Dancing With the Stars.’ Oh, Betty, you’re in such high demand! But can she hang with the grueling workouts and routines?

Popeater

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 11:52 am

http://www.ew.com

'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Era Night!

Week 8: The five remaining couples dance a traditional ballroom routine and a trippy Latin routine. May the best time travelers win.

By Annie Barrett | May 11, 2010

Image credit: Craig Sjodin/ABC
ANYTHING IS PASO-BLE Master choreographer Derek somehow spun gold from a ''1950s-style paso doble'' assignment.

On the week 8 performance episode of Dancing With the Stars, the five remaining couples performed a nice little ballroom dance and a relatively insane Latin dance loosely connected to a certain decade (the 1960s) or general concept (''the future''). Oh, yes, it was Era Night! Break out the zebra patterns, face paint, and fake bangs!

Before we get to anything relevant, I'd like to swoon a bit because my favorite Harold Wheeler Ensemble member and yours, Enthusiastic Chimes Lady (ECL), was Enthusiastic Tambourine Lady last night! She is a percussionistic marvel! ''She’s clearly a woman of many talents. But only ONE enthusiasm. And it's grand,'' says commenter Lemon ''She is the best gem on any telecast,'' chimes in reader Liz. Jeez, DANCMSTRs, are you trying to break my heart before I even get into the meat of the recap? Well, it's working! Also, I am going to figure out how to make one of those ''animated GIF'' doohickeys to illustrate the complete glory of ECL/ETL by the end of the night if it kills me. And I really might die trying. I can definitely see it happening. If you don't get a recap tomorrow morning, this will be why.

Will the judges please reveal their scores? Carrie Ann Inaba!

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough: 29 in ballroom round + 30 in Latin round = 59 out of possible 60 ''There's no drama,'' Nicole insisted before bursting into tears during rehearsal footage. ''It's not easy. I just want it to be good.'' As a viewer, I'm confused: Is this the girl who has trouble counting to seven, or the one who complimented her partner for being so open when she collaborates with him on their choreography? Nicole might have even more personalities than Chad. The couple's near-perfect foxtrot, which I'd like to call ''Nicole and Derek got the runs,'' was spirited and quick, with plenty of props. Of course, I was obsessed with the special newspapers they were engrossed in at the beginning and end of the foxtrot, and paused my DVR to go squint at the headlines up close. My favorite by a mile: 'DWTS' Set Wins Top Awards For Industry. Amazing. (Sidenote: I suspect that the 1970s wasn't an option for this season's Era Night because the producers realized that visually, every night is 1970s night on Dancing With the Stars.) Bruno called Nicole's foxtrot ''one and a half minutes of pure dancing joy, like a jewel created by a master.'' Damn you, Our Lady of Perpetual Metaphor, for attempting to sway my vote with your allusions to gems.

Those silly judges thought they could stump Johnny Quest lookalike Derek with their ''1950s-style paso doble'' card. Nice try, losers! Nothing is im-paso-ble! Obviously, Derek will work it out and get it right. It's just what he does. I really liked the Grease-y feeling I got from the end of their paso, when Nicole's perma-angry facial expression actually worked in her favor. She looked like Cha Cha Degregorio, dancin' her heart out at the end of the Big Dance. She just wanted it so bad! She cares so much, you know. ''I care so much,'' said Nicole. The judges all loved her paso, but DANCMSTR and Bruno looked horrified in their own unique ways after Carrie Ann presumed to illustrate the judging trio's collective awe by panting like a rabid dog. I love it when C.A. does demos. Who needs words?

NEXT: ''Come on, woman, jump on me now...''

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 11:54 am

Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 28 + 25 = 53/60 I wonder if ''Come on, woman, jump on me now'' will echo in her head long after this disco ball dream is all over. I know it will for me anyway. After much frustrated urging, Erin finally agreed to kick off their Argentine tango by leaping off the platform and landing on Maks' shoulder with her pelvis in his face. Her hesitation is getting tiresome, but I understand where Erin is coming from. I'm not as twig-like (read: thin and beautiful) as she is, but I am an awkward six-foot-tall lady with a ridiculous wingspan, so I can relate to her whole make-way-for-the-freak approach to dancing (and life). In rehearsals, Erin seems to get preemptively embarrassed about every idea because chances are the new move will make her look like Lurch. Maks has little patience for this because dancing is dancing (spoken sternly in a Russian accent and pedantic tone). She's gonna have to dance with that body no matter what, so why not just go for it? I get his pain, but I feel hers, too. I just care so much, you know? There's no drama! I'm just a little tired. Overwhelmed. Please vote.

Erin and Maks' 1980s-style rumba (?!) was ''jerky,'' said DANCMSTR. Stop booing him; he does not lie! Carrie Ann made a good point that Erin could have rocked the solo at the beginning if she'd just let go and let herself enjoy the moves she makes. Maks insisted he and Erin weren't dancing like the '80s and that it was ''all the dress.'' Maks' lilac shirt and white high-waisted pants: merely terrible male costume, or the worst-ever male costume? You decide. As he said in the quote of the night, ''Wow, who made up the '80s?'' You do have to wonder. After the dance, when electric blue Brooke and her gobs of eyeshadow asked Maks and Erin about their speculated relationship, Maks batted away first the question and then the microphone, choosing to administer a verbal whip to DANCMSTR instead. ''There's no whipping in ballroom!'' cried Tom, who should know better having witnessed Mel and Maks' ''Free Your Mind'' paso in season 5.

Evan Lysacek and Anna Tre-BUN-skaya: 27 + 26 = 53/60 Anna told Evan he sometimes comes across as cold, and he immediately agreed with her. Crisis averted. This was all a setup for Evan taking Anna ice skating, of course. DANCMSTR didn't like that they started their waltz by lying on the floor, but I thought it was perfectly clear that the two were supposed to be encased in ice, and that they were ''woken up'' by the dazzling glare of the spotlights. The ''Prince Eric and Ariel'' nature of Evan and Anna has never been more blatant than in this romantic routine. You might even say he pulled her out of the water instead of the ice. After all, ice is water in a different form, just like Enthusiastic Chimes Lady on the tambourine. As my mom always said, it all tastes the same once it's in your stomach. Speaking of the Little Mermaid connection, I'd have appreciated a reworking of ''Under the Sea'' called ''Out on the Ice,'' perhaps sung by Princess Sparkle in lieu of Sebastian during Eric and Ariel's rehearsal footage. Up on the floor they dance all night / under the mirrorball's guidin' light / While we providin' / license to GLIDIN'! / out on the ice...

NEXT: Sometimes it's a little boring with Chad, Cheryl

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 11:57 am

And then there was the futuristic cha cha cha (?!), a ''lucky draw'' for Evan the robot, who does a fantastic/adorable impersonation of Wall-E. I'd call it more intelligent design than lucky draw, but whatever. Someone had to dress as Ross Geller from Friends and Leeloo from The Fifth Element in a cha cha last night, and I for one am glad it was Eric and Ariel. Unfortunately, Len didn't see the merit in this particular smoke machine-enhanced atmosphere last night; he claimed the lack of fluidity in Evan's paso ''confused'' him. I hate when DANCMSTR knows full well ''the assignment'' and then dings the choreography when all it did was follow orders. It was a futuristic cha cha. If he wanted something different, he should have scaled himself down to bite-size, planted himself in that great big red velvet cake of a disco ball, and offered the couples some alternate dance options (i.e. ''a traditional anything'') himself. Really, I would just love to see Len do this. I'm also putting in an official request for an intellectual summit on the relative merits of sheer black blouses between Bruno and proud audience member/Evan's figure skating designer Vera Wang.

Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke: 21 + 24 = 45/60 ''It's never boring with Chad,'' said Cheryl, who was trying to be nice re: Chad's mood swings during rehearsals. As a viewer, I'm pretty bored with him as a dancer. I try to focus on his performances, but he just doesn't bring enough to them on his own. In the case of last night's tango, I had a hard time concentrating on Chad because I couldn't figure out what was going on with the two nude-colored triangles on Cheryl's lower back. Were they intended to symbolize her butt, which was right there and already fairly easily implied? They mesmerizing triangles reminded me of the ''tails'' on the men's costumes for foxtrot, but this didn't correspond with Chad's vest. Was she supposed to look more fancy? I spent way too much time wondering such useless things while I should have been studying Chad. His kids are cute! Intense medallion earrings on Cheryl. See, still not working.

To rev up for their 1960s-style jive, Chad delivered this stunning verse of beat poetry: ''I'm gonna float like a butterfly / I'm gonna sting like a bee / I'm gonna dance my ass off / Like I'm at the top of a tree.'' You know who can peer over the tops of trees? Zebra pimps in red suits. For me, the highlight of Ochocinco's jive was the odd one-armed push up that also invoked the beginning stages of the Worm, or at least more stages than Steve Wozniak ever mastered. Perhaps this was meant to signify the caterpillar chapter of Chad's ballroom journey from wide receiver to Muhammad Ali and beyond. ''Your energy was a little wild at times, but I thought it suited you perfectly,'' said Carrie Ann. ''Wow, that brought me back to the '60s and Catholic school,'' quipped Tom. They were both right.

NEXT: Niecy makes us feel lazy

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 11:59 am

Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel: 23 + 20 = 43/60 I thought Niecy's Viennese waltz was much better than the judges seemed to — maybe I was just feeling generous because Niecy's daily schedule had just caused me to feel like a lazy sack of s---, or maybe it was really that good. She didn't appear to be overthinking the steps, which is a welcome change for a female contestant. Everything just flowed nicely; it wasn't the greatest waltz in history, but it was impressive in its own right, for her. Cheryl and Louis certainly made some not-so-subtle digs at Nicole with their "it's all about the improvement arc'' suggestions in those pro segments and during live interviews. If Niecy goes home tonight, at least she'll have the respect of busy people everywhere. I loved her ''day in the life'' segment, especially when the captions kept undermining what she was saying by a few minutes. ''I'm up at 4:30.'' (4:57). ''I get to my job at The Insider at 5:30 a.m. (5:38). Niecy never complains. ''That woman works,'' said Louis.

Another reason I'll be able to make my peace with Niecy's probable elimination tonight is that at the beginning of her 1990s-style paso doble (?!) set to the classic ''Rhythm is a Dancer,'' she reached up in angst for a dangling mirror ball that was just out of reach. ''I don't do drama!'' Niecy had insisted earlier. Uh, yeah, whatever, disco ball diva! This image was incredible and perhaps the defining moment of hers or anyone's DWTS experience. It encapsulated everything: her blind ambition, the im-paso-bility of her attaining ''the mirror ball trophy'' (as she insists on calling it, much to my delight), and the vague promise of hamburger meat or red velvet cake underneath that sparkly exterior. The rest of Niecy's paso was as much of a mess as the black-and-gold print of their costumes, which actually hurt to look at, but at least she kept on a serious paso face throughout. I'll be honest: Especially with that song, I thought they might add more personality and flavor to the routine. I fully expected them to incorporate Fudge Stripes (to match their outfits), for example. Just goes to show — as Tom said — ''You know we're in the serious part of season 10 when we're withholding snacks.''

My Week 8 Crazy Costume Watch photo gallery will be up later this morning; I'll link when it's ready. Who goes home tonight? Remember to nominate your Hidden Gems of the Week over at PopWatch, and I'll see you tomorrow for the elimination recap!

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 8:37 pm

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/09/dancing-stars-carrie-ann-inaba-evan-lysacek/

Dancing: Carrie Ann Inaba Suspects Evan Lysacek Has Tricks Up His Sleeve

Think you know who will win this season of Dancing with the Stars? Don’t be so sure!
According to judge Carrie Ann Inaba, the final results may be unpredictable. “I would say keep your eye on [Evan Lysacek],” she told PEOPLE at the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s annual Revlon Run/Walk in Los Angeles on Saturday. “He is a true competitor and I’m watching him and something is happening in the last few weeks … He has some sort of game plan we aren’t aware of.”
Then again, Inaba won’t rule out a dark horse contestant taking the mirrorball trophy.
“I would say Chad Ochocinco [has a chance] because he’s got his feet under himself,” she said of Cheryl Burke‘s generous celebrity partner. “He doesn’t have the best posture and he isn’t in the same category as a Nicole [Scherzinger] or Evan, but sometimes that person that gets the wind beneath their feet is exciting to watch.”
The couple with arguably the most chemistry this season, Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, could also still be in the running, according to Inaba.
“I won’t discredit [Erin] just yet. Sometimes I don’t think Maks gives her the most exciting routines but the ending is always a different story,” she said. “She is really a beautiful dancer.” –Michelle Ward
Tell us: Who do you think will win Dancing with the Stars?

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 11th 2010, 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:30 am

Tue, 11 May 2010

'Kate Plus 8' Premieres June 6!

Kate Gosselin’s new reality show spin-off, Kate Plus 8, will premiere on Sunday (June 6) @ 9PM on TLC.

The show is a series of specials featuring Kate and her eight kids on new adventures, beginning with “an exciting surprise trip to celebrate the sextuplets’ 6th birthday.” (Their birthday was yesterday and Kate threw a pool party for them.)

FYI: Kate also stars in TLC’s new show Twist of Kate, debuting later this year.

ARE YOU GOING TO tune in to watch Kate’s new adventures??

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/page/4/#ixzz0nh6GBOkf

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/page/4/#ixzz0nh6GIgeC

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:56 am

Erin Andrews Gets Kudos From Partner on Week 8

Erin Andrews Gets Kudos From Partner on Week 8
Dancing With The Stars Season 10 Week 8 May 10, 2010
Erin Andrews' partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy calls her dancing on Week 8 'perfection'. May 11, 2010

Great Interview!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 2:34 am

Edyta_Sliwinska
With Chelsie and Dymitry at the premiere of 'Letters to Juliet'. http://twitpic.com/1n3y63 3 minutes ago via Twitpic

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 2:35 am

ErinAndrewsESPN
Love my girl @NiecyNash so much..I will miss her, but will forever have her as a friend.."get into that!!"..Proud of you momma. half a minute ago via web

Back to top Go down
Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 12:49 pm

Erin and Maks talk about their partnership

I thought the end was interesting when he talks about her coming home and showing him a picture of them dancing.

I know she tweeted a picture of them dancing so maybe that is what he is referring to?
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:20 pm

‘Dancing With the Stars’ results: Shake it off

Alert: The “Dancing With the Stars” jiggly quotient has gone down precipitously. First, top-heavy actress and model Pamela Anderson exited the ballroom competition. And now this week, it was comedian and all-around joy Niecy Nash’s turn to go. And I’ll miss the “Clean House” host. She had great spirit and loved who she was. Plus, she and her partner, Louis Van Amstel, got along together about as well as a cheeseburger and curly fries. Well, at least now she can have her days back, and won’t have to withhold on the snacks anymore.

LA Times

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:21 pm

Niecy Nash no longer “Dancing with the Stars”

Nash, the bubbly host of reality show “How Clean is Your House” and an actress on “Reno 911!,” was joined in the bottom two by NFL footballer Chad Ochocinco after a grueling week in which the routines were upped to two apiece.

But Nash, whose paso doble on Monday failed to match her Viennese waltz, said she was happy to have come this far.

“I am a 40-year-old mother of three, I’ve got three C-sections under my belly,” she said.

Nash’s elimination leaves four celebrities in the popular show, with Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger considered the front-runner to win the 10th season finale.

Reuters.com

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:22 pm

Are Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dating?

Erin Andrews and “Dancing” partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy chat with Access’ Shaun Robinson about Niecy Nash’s elimination from “Dancing with the Stars.” Also, Erin shows off her ‘90s boy band moves. Plus, are Erin and Maksim dating?

Access Hollywood

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:28 pm

'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Dinner bell

Season 10's hungriest contestant heads home for a burger and ''DanceCenter'' returns on Week 8's results show

By Annie Barrett | May 12, 2010

Image credit: Craig Sjodin/ABC
PLAY NIECY All the Cookie Monster left behind was a trail of crumbs.

On the week 7 elimination episode of Dancing With the Stars, Niecy Nash made a classy exit — thanking her partner, calling attention to her various C-section surgeries, and using that joke about hula-hooping a Cheerio for the final time. Niecy would like to thank her fans, that childhood teacher who kicked her out of a school play, Mr. Wonderful, Mr. Van Intensité, and the promise of a cheeseburger and curly fries for keeping her going throughout the competition.

Here's hoping Niecy can find time between work and snack to cohost future installments of DanceCenter. The ballroom will miss her. Luckily, the image of Niecy's hungry hands grabbing for the beloved mirror ball trophy that's just out of reach! will be seared in my mind forever along with some sea scallops and foie gras. This ''the ball's barely in your court'' image is the first and maybe only thing I would show to a DWTS newcomer who wanted to know what the series was really all about. I'd provide no explanation whatsoever and just hope he or she would ''get it.''

I am having some serious trouble concentrating right now because I can't believe I never called our fallen star ''Niecy Nosh.'' It's all for the best.

Chad and Cheryl joined Niecy in the bottom two, and Erin and Maks had to wait it out ''in jeopardy'' with them. The Week 8 encore performance went to Derek and Nicole for their 1950s-style paso, after which Derek whipped out a tiny comb (to swish it up a bit) and began directing the traffic of the audience's cheers. DANCMSTR said their paso could be THE dance of the entire series. Really? Maybe I haven't had time to ruminate on it properly (read: roll around in my heap of tiny jewel-toned pillows as I watch reruns of DWTS) but I'm not sure I'd even put this in my top five. It was cool, but the best?

DanceCenter has stood the test of time, even if it seemed a bit more subdued and less caustic than usual. I blame Jerry Rice's unimposing blonde bob, which was as inexplicable as most of the wigs foisted onto us by the show... which I guess was the point. Jerry took every opportunity to flash his three gleaming Super Bowl rings at the camera. Chad has zero of those! Derek has danced with many beautiful girls, including Mark Ballas. That Nicole-Derek gum ''trick'' was disgusting, but I might shudder at the idea of coconut-scented armpits even more. Evan hates roller skating and has one of the true iconic haircuts, along with Justin Bieber, Barack Obama, and DANCMSTR.

Three best uses of footage in DanceCenter: 1) Maks and Erin stomping around like children after Kenny rolled the ''wrong tape'' of two old-timey spoiled kids fighting over a pony; 2) Evan's monotonous description of his current level of excitement, to which all three commentators fell asleep (the way he just kept going and going and going, it seemed like he was in on the joke); 3) A former Hidden Gem of the Week to illustrate Niecy's jiggly parts: Louis pointing emphatically at his partner's yellow-fringed boobs. Meanwhile, my favorite text-based gem on the players' stat cards was that Chad ''moonlights as a jeweler.'' Hello!

The guys poked fun at Niecy's food obsession and weight (hey, she provided the material), and I hadn't realized how much thinner Niecy has become until Kenny suggested she was one of the rare performers to actually gain weight during the competition. Check out this pic of her and DANCMSTR a.k.a. ''Lynn.''

NEXT: You've got a friend in me; specifically, Ross Gellar

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:32 pm

'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Dinner bell

Welcome, Gipsy Kings! They first sang a Flamenco-flavored ''You've Got a Friend In Me'' from that movie Disney wants us to know about called Toy Story 3. Tony/Cheryl and Dmitry/Kym somehow danced a paso doble to that thing. Kym has new darker yet still gold-toned hair, which I love. I barely recognized her. Then I really didn't recognize the legerrific pros who danced to ''Bamboleo.'' Tom was no help. Usually he and Brooke/Sam (¡Samantha mention!) rattle off some Eastern European names at the end and I just google them phonetically. Not this time: ''Our guest pro dancers!'' Oh, Tom. And just for good measure: Oh, Brooke. Your casual cocktail dresses. Seriously. On another note, I had no idea the concept of lip syncing extended to hand claps!

Hi, Gilles! 

I guess there's a ''college dance championship'' now. Well slap my ass and call me Sally. Up first: The University of California San Diego (samba) vs. Purdue University (mambo). You could tell the Purdue kids were super laid-back because they did their interviews from the grass. Grass, man. It's amazing. Anyway, Team Purdue's routine seemed pretty slow and they got lower scores. One of those girls was killing me with her hilarious refusal to smile pretty during the critiques.

Meanwhile, Team San Diego exhibited better formations and transitions, but Carrie Ann told them they suffered from ''Evan Lysacek Syndrome'' and weren't feeling the dance enough. I'm not sure singling out a current contestant was the best way to go about this. What if they're not caught up on the season? If I were a competitive collegiate dancer and got diagnosed with the ''disease'' of being too much like an Olympic gold-medal-winning athlete, I'd think it was AWESOME. And then I'd let my Evan Lysacek Syndrome run rampant throughout my body, flit around untreated for years and years and maybe DIE. But it would be okay because I'd have such amazing hair. Oh, and even on my deathbed, I could surely deliver a more convincing impression of the British announcer guy who sings out the judges' names than Tom. Get it together, Bergeron! Duty calls.

Hidden Gem of the Week This week's standouts include an old Friend, the 2010 Percussion MVP of Planet Mirrorballus, an enthusiastic design lady, and a latent reminder of food.

''If you darken Evan's eyebrows and spike up his hair, he looks like David Schwimmer.'' — Amanda, ali427, AmyLSays, Foxy, heej, nllls, Dee, Terri R, Lexa

''ENTHUSIASTIC CHIMES LADY ON THE TAMBOURINE. Not so hidden, but still a gem. Just like Enthusiastic Chimes Lady.'' — Lemon, Sami, Liz, Leila, Tiffanie, kittyvan, Manda, MelindaLu, Hunter, Gem Hunter (imposter), Sarahj

''After Evan & Anna's waltz, did Vera Wang flash some gang signs? It looked like she was trying to give him the thumbs up, but it turned out a little wonky.'' — Scarlett O'Samba

''In Niecy's second dance, a side view of her chest looked like a big pineapple.'' — April 

See this week's complete gem collection over at PopWatch!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 1:47 pm

They are too frickin cute! Erin and Maks that is.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 2:03 pm

http://www.zap2it.com

'Dancing With the Stars' Niecy Nash on the show's drama: 'There's a whole lot going on!'

By Christine Law
|
May 12, 2010 12:37 PM ET

Jimmy Kimmel opened up a can of worms when he asked the latest "Dancing With the Stars" castoff about how some of the other contestants don't seem to get along with their partners.

"There's a whole lot going on!" exclaimed Niecy Nash. "Baby, I could tell you things!"

So Kimmel obviously wasn't going to let it go on that note. "Well let's hear it!" he said, encouraging her to spill the beans.

"I served as a mother hen to these children. They needed counseling, inspiration," she said. Then looking to her partner, Louis Van Amstel, she asked, "There was all sorts of mayhem and tomfoolery, wasn't it?"

"Oftentimes I would have to wait because she was in the bathroom with some of the other contestants," Van Amstel concurred -- in a serious tone.

Kimmel then went for the money question, pressing her to specify who she spent the most time counseling.

But Nash stayed tight-lipped when it came to naming names.

"You see the packages! All the ones you see that are wailin' and gnashin'! That was my assignment!"

Fair enough. We can guess (ahem, Kate Gosselin? Erin Andrews? Nicole Scherzinger?).

Nash often brought treats and assorted goodies onto the set to share with the other contestants, and she explained how that helped them as well.

"That's probably why a lot of them were crying and cutting up, because they was hungry!"

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 2:05 pm

http://www.zap2it.com

'Dancing With the Stars' elimination: Niecy Nash finally gets to sleep

By Christine Law
|
May 11, 2010 9:47 PM ET

Back when Zap2it interviewed Louis Van Amstel and Niecy Nash at the beginning of the "Dancing With the Stars" season, they both individually mentioned that Nash's hectic schedule left her little time for sleep.

Her sleep deprivation was also the subject of a segment aired during Monday's (May 10) show.

Well, it looks like she'll finally have time to pencil in some z's.

Nash was perhaps predictably the one to go on Tuesday's elimination show. She had the lowest score going into the night (43 out of 60) and arguably the weakest technique of the remaining contestants.

But what Nash definitely had going for her throughout the competition was her vivacious personality. While many of her jokes did seem to get frequently recycled (the "Dance Center segment on tonight's show poked fun at her repeated mention of her "jiggly parts"), she still managed to make us laugh each week.

Her parting words to her fellow contestants and fans included her expressing pride in the fact that she was "able to survive in this competition this long against some fantastic people -- and with the fact that I cannot hula hoop with a cheerio." Yeah, we've heard that joke before too, but that's ok. It's still pretty funny (and got some laughs).

Nash came into this competition hoping to redeem herself for getting kicked out of her eighth grade dance class, and Brooke Burke asked her if she felt like she'd accomplished that goal.

"I do feel like I've redeemed myself.... I've had such a fantastic time being able to live out my dream right there," said Nash as she looked to the dance floor.

Nearly escaping elimination beside her in the Bottom Two was Chad Ochocinco, who got the second lowest score of the night Monday with a 45. Maybe he should spend less time jewelry shopping for Cheryl and more time in practice?

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 12th 2010, 11:07 pm

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/ousted-niecy-nash-i-still-had-another-dance-left-in-me-2010125

Ousted Niecy Nash: "I Still Had Another Dance Left in Me"

Niecy Nash tells UsMagazine.com she is sad she'll no longer be shaking her "jiggly parts."
Despite coming in last place on the results show with 43 points out of 60 for her Viennese waltz and paso doble, "I still had another dance left in me," the ousted star told Us after the show.
PHOTOS: What you didn't see on Monday's show
Luckily, she and partner Louis van Amstel will return for the show's upcoming finale to dance again.
"I'm glad I get to come back and shake a tail feather for the finale - literally and figuratively," she told Us.
PHOTOS: Tackiest DWTS outfits of all time
Dancing taught her that she can "bend a little and I'm not going to break," said the 40-year-old mother of three. "This was definitely a trying experience -- from challenging schedules, to aching body parts, to not seeing my family and to using a part of my brain I've never used before."
PHOTOS: Before they were on DWTS
Van Amstel told Us he'll miss all her "shenanigans, the mayhem, the foolishness ... She makes everything fun."
Now that she's off the show, who will she be rooting for?
"Erin [Andrews] and Evan [Lysacek]!" Nash told Us. "Both of them! I'll split my votes."

Back to top Go down
KyGirl
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 11:05 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a great week!

We're in the
semis! And we weren't in the bottom two! I can't believe the season is
almost over, but I am happy about this season regardless of how it
ends. It's kind of been two seasons in one. In the beginning, Erin was
trying to figure this out and looked awkward and uncomfortable, but now
she's coming into her own and we're coming out with very memorable
performances. We got our first 10 from Len. Honestly, I thought Carrie
Ann was going to give us one too, based on what she said to us, but,
you know, that's how it goes. Everyone's talking to me about Erin's
jump off the stage and how she was flipping out in the rehearsal
package. It wasn't as big of a deal as they showed. She was just
concerned, but she wasn't scared to jump a few feet into the air. I
just told her to jump and she did it, and we had a lot of fun with our
Argentine tango. I think we're the only ones left who actually have
fun. There have been a lot of things said about Nicole and I know some
people find her crying a little absurd, but it's the way she does
things. I think Evan has a lot to prove and Chad as well, but he needs
to rein in his antics in rehearsals. We're looking at everybody else,
like, "Why is everybody stressing out?"

Did you like out '80s
costumes? Somebody told me I shouldn't have worn white pants because
they made my butt look huge! But hey, everybody had a bubble butt in
the '80s! And that was our theme — we had to pull out the stops with
our costumes. I think I could have pulled that look off in Miami. I
think the era themes make everything interesting, but the future can be
a little problematic. The future, according to me, is different from
what you think the future is. I don't think it's going to be all robots
or that we'll be flying everywhere. I think future's going to be what
it is right now, just more technologically advanced. That being said,
Evan and Anna did a good job.

Len mentioned that Nicole and
Derek's '50s paso may be the dance of all seasons. People are telling
me that they don't think so, and you know what? Every season, the
judges deem at least one dance as the best they've ever seen. They like
to speak in hyperboles and build things up, so nobody should get too
worked up about the comments. I think their dance was great and
incorporated the theme well. Is it the best ever? It depends how you
look at it. By a professional dancer? Yeah. By someone trying to
overcome the struggles of learning a dance? I don't know. You tell me.

We
have a paso next week, which I'm very excited about. We're going to try
and do something cool with what we've got. Erin's open-minded about
this one. Honestly, she's open-minded with everything, but I didn't
want to tap into that until it counted, like now. We've came up with
stuff people didn't expect the last few weeks. We're doing stuff beyond
what needed to be done. I pride myself that I really did teach Erin how
to ballroom dance. She has learned how to dance and we did it our way.
We didn't come out with gimmicky stuff in the beginning. We've done
dances the way they were supposed to be. Now, we're brining a little
bit of X factor. I'm sad to say that I feel like we're not being looked
as contenders. We're definitely a darkhorse. But, like I said, it's a
matter of opinion and choice. We're not focused on what everyone's
doing; we're just focused our ourselves. I think our paso's going to be
cool. The celebrities have to do a 15-20 second solo in the Latin
round, so I think I'll have Erin knock it out in the beginning.

We
also have the Viennese waltz, which we'll be more traditional with. I'm
not going to go too out there. We're going to put up the Viennese
waltz. There's a bit of inconsistency in the judges' comments again,
which shows in everybody's performance. Nicole came out earlier this
season and was heavily criticized for not doing a proper quickstep. On
Monday, she came out with an amazing dance, but I didn't think her
routine had a lot of foxtrot in it. However, everybody praised it. So
we were all confused. We're not criticizing Nicole. We're just not sure
what the judges are looking for. I think when they critique Erin, they
see something in her that they can't describe, whether it's positive or
negative. They speak, speak, speak and then give her an 8. I really
admire Chad for bringing it every week and trying his hardest, but he
got the same score for his jive, which, in my opinion, was not on par
technique-wise with Erin. So go figure. It's the way the competition
goes.

Niecy left, obviously, and we're all really said. She's
amazing. We're going to stay friends for sure. I would've given her
another week. In the end, it was between her and Chad, but I do think
that Chad has a huge following just as a football star in general and
on his Twitter and all that. He has the support, but I think Niecy was
special for what she represented and she learned to dance and delighted
us all. I have to give her props because with everything that's going
on in her life, she was still smiling and laughing as always straight
to the end, which is great to see. Some people smile when they have
something to smile about and others smile to have something to smile
about. It's a big difference, and Niecy is the latter. She's amazing.
She can light up the room.

I'm not trying to look too far ahead
to the finale because we still have to get through the semis, but I do
have to think about it a little because we have to give some of our
ideas to production so they can plan. It's difficult to keep the
balance. I think who makes it to the final is going to come down to fan
bases, honestly. I'm not expecting too great a disparity in scores
unless someone really does badly, which I doubt will happen. So it will
be all on the fans. We've have people with big fan bases in the finale,
and we've had good and bad dancers in the finale. So everyone please
vote for whoever your favorite is!
That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Maks
Back to top Go down
emmasam
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 12:47 pm

Thanks for posting KyGirl. I enjoy reading what Maks has to say.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 1:36 pm

I so much want Erin to win!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:20 pm

VH1access
Reality Nation: Dancing With The Stars Producers Want Betty White For Next Season http://bit.ly/9h6NpE

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:20 pm

ingStarsTV
#dwts #tv #news Miley Cyrus to appear on 'Dancing With The Stars' - USA Today http://url4.eu/3Q8SG

Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:24 pm

mimTN wrote:
I so much want Erin to win!

ME TOO!

I really think she can win if she gets really good scores and comes close to Nicole and Evan.

I love Betty White but I pray she doesn't do DWTS.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:32 pm

bubs wrote:

Me too, older comic relief? Cloris did that already.
If you want to give older people a chance, I say Raquel Welch. She could show us some moves, I bet! There are lots of older actresses that could give us a real run for the money, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
emmasam
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:33 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
ingStarsTV
#dwts #tv #news Miley Cyrus to appear on 'Dancing With The Stars' - USA Today [url=http://url4.eu/3Q8SG
http://url4.eu/3Q8SG[/quote[/url]]

WHY? LOL Couldn't they find someone else to perform. Is she gonna sing that "I can't be tamed" song? I wonder if she will dress the way she did for her video. lol

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:35 pm

emmasam wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
ingStarsTV
#dwts #tv #news Miley Cyrus to appear on 'Dancing With The Stars' - USA Today [url=http://url4.eu/3Q8SG

WHY? LOL Couldn't they find someone else to perform. Is she gonna sing that "I can't be tamed" song? I wonder if she will dress the way she did for her video. lol

Or dirty dance with a producer twice her age. Did you see that TMZ video of her?

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:37 pm

Miley Cyrus -- So You Think You Can Lap Dance?

Originally posted May 12th 2010 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Miley Cyrus felt more than the beat last summer as she got downright nasty on the [color:9e14=#29a256 !important][color:9e14=#29a256 !important]dance [color:9e14=#29a256 !important]floor with a slightly older gentleman during a wrap party for a movie ... and TMZ has obtained the video.

Miley -- who was 16 at the time -- was dancing with 44-year-old Adam Shankmanduring a wrap party last summer in Georgia for the movie, "The Last Song." Shankman, who is openly gay, produced the movie as well as "Hairspray" and other flicks and is a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance?"

The people who shot the video say they were offended by the dirty dancing -- which included a graphic lap dance.

We're told Miley's parents were not at the wrap party. Miley's reps had no comment.

Check out the full story on TMZ TV tonight.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:39 pm

Link

Here is the link to the Miley video it will not embed:

Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:42 pm

emmasam wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
ingStarsTV

yes she is singing that song ugh that song is soooooooo annoying LOL

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:42 pm

mimTN wrote:
bubs wrote:

Me too, older comic relief? Cloris did that already.
If you want to give older people a chance, I say Raquel Welch. She could show us some moves, I bet! There are lots of older actresses that could give us a real run for the money, any ideas?

Sophia Loren would be a great choice. IMO

Back to top Go down
emmasam
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 3:44 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Link

Here is the link to the Miley video it will not embed:
OMG!!

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   May 14th 2010, 4:08 pm

Great find emmasam! This is adorable!

Erin & Maks - Love Your Russian (Sugar Sugar)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS 10 Media / Updates   

Back to top Go down

DWTS 10 Media / Updates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: