Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 13th 2010, 7:49 am

I caught the last two shows last night. Surprising the difference a week makes... down at the bottom then soaring to the top spot the following week.

That really was a string bikini lol Jonathan's concept and execution was amazing.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 13th 2010, 10:10 am

ebowers wrote:
So glad Amy is still in...I love her risk taking...it's better than a bland, poorly made pair of pants any day! It was good to see Jonathan at his best. It'll be interesting to see who makes it to final 3!!! So glad a few others here are watching.

I am glad Amy made it too. I am enjoying this season even though I don't have a favorite.

Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 13th 2010, 11:03 am

Several of them are very talented. I don't remember a group with so much talent. Usually you have some idea who the top four will be, I don't have a clue though I suspect there are spoilers out there.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 16th 2010, 2:17 pm

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 19th 2010, 6:48 pm

Well, phooey...Amy is out. I just loved her uniqueness and her daring nature. She is the total opposite of the type of person that I am...but, I so admire those qualities in other people. There is so much talent on this show this season!!!
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 19th 2010, 8:44 pm

ebowers wrote:
Well, phooey...Amy is out. I just loved her uniqueness and her daring nature. She is the total opposite of the type of person that I am...but, I so admire those qualities in other people. There is so much talent on this show this season!!!

It was a shame, but really I couldn't think of who else should go. I think it will get harder and harder.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 27th 2010, 10:52 pm

I just had the chance to watch Thursday's show tonight! Glad it was Anthony that went home and not Jonathan...however, I think the final 3 that go to Bryant Park will be Seth Aaron, Emilio and Mya. They are so talented...I can't wait to see their creations! In the meantime, I'll enjoy Jonathan for at least one more show! I love his work, but the judges always seem to disagree with me!!! Great season!!!
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 1:29 am

The last two weeks have not been good for me on Project Runway. Sad I really loved Amy and Anthony! I knew neither of them would win but it was still hard for me to see them go. I loved Amy's whole design aesthetic and I loved the way she took risks with her designs, and I was in love with Anthony's sassy personality! lol He had sass for days.

I feel like Mila produced the best final collection so I'd really like to see her win. Here are the final collections submitted by like 10 people so we don't know who the final 3 are : http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/2010/02/17/project-runway-season-7-at-fashion-week-spoilers-and-collection-pics/
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 8:11 am

I like Mila's and Jay's collections. I think both could translate some of their runway looks into wearable, unique clothing. I like the graphic elements in Mila's designs.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 9:08 am

I like Mila's designs and loved the fabric she designed. I was hoping Anthony would stay. I loved listening to him go on and on LOL
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 9:28 am

Thanks for that link, glinda. It was fun going through each of the 10 designers collections. I saw some in each that I really liked.

I too liked Mila's fabric on Thurs.'s show, but did not like the long dress she designed using it. I think a short dress would have been great...I wonder what she was thinking going long with it...it was too white!!

It seems like something unusual happens on this Thurs.'s show...maybe it has to do with Mya?? Maybe she does cheat and is kicked off!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 11:07 am

I predict Seth Aaron as the winner. He has the look that always seems to win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 1:21 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
after his model gave up DKNY for him I hope it is true... i do <3 him and emilio...and thought it was funny when tim said saes...seth aaron emilio sasso...cuz I was kind of thinking the same thing! haah

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 3:49 pm

rallen wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
after his model gave up DKNY for him I hope it is true... i do <3 him and emilio...and thought it was funny when tim said saes...seth aaron emilio sasso...cuz I was kind of thinking the same thing! haah

I can see Seth winning. I like how he has worked with the same model for awhile now. I want to see the final outfits before I say who is my favorite though.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 4:57 pm

Correcting my earlier post and adding a bit more lol

I loved Maya's fabric the best.

Mila's had promise but ended up looking like an unfinished beach umbrella. She saw during fittings that her model was having difficulty walking in it. Why didn't she put in a side slash?!

Seth's designs are really contemporary and fresh. He's a given for Bryant Park and possibly the win.

I loved Emilio's final product. Wasn't too sure about the fabric design but he pulled it off easily. Laughed with him when I remembered Tim's 'yuck' face when he saw the fabric lol

I thought Jay's designs would stand out more but, eh.

Jonathan. Either good or bad.

Anthony. His personality stood out more than his designs, although I loved the soft lines.

All together, the final seven are a talented group.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 28th 2010, 5:29 pm

ndd123 wrote:
rallen wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

I can see Seth winning. I like how he has worked with the same model for awhile now. I want to see the final outfits before I say who is my favorite though.

I really like Maya, but I'm thinking Seth Aaron will win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 1st 2010, 10:52 pm

I really liked Anthony's dress tonight. I thought Emilio's dress had a beautiful fit, but I think he has the best model too. I didn't love Seth's or Mila's dresses, but it is only one contest and they both have produced good outfits in the past.

I was suprised by Maya quitting the competition. I didn't feel bad for her though. I believe in the "know your limitations" philosophy. Not that she wasn't doing well, but she wanted to do better. She wanted to develop her own perspective. I hope it wasn't anxiety keeping her from continuing.

The models were snarky and sensitive tonight.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 2nd 2010, 6:36 am

Shoot. I forgot this was on. Maya quit?! More incentive to watch sooner rather than later. Thanks ndd Smile
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 2nd 2010, 7:28 pm

ndd123 wrote:
I really liked Anthony's dress tonight. I thought Emilio's dress had a beautiful fit, but I think he has the best model too. I didn't love Seth's or Mila's dresses, but it is only one contest and they both have produced good outfits in the past.

I was suprised by Maya quitting the competition. I didn't feel bad for her though. I believe in the "know your limitations" philosophy. Not that she wasn't doing well, but she wanted to do better. She wanted to develop her own perspective. I hope it wasn't anxiety keeping her from continuing.

The models were snarky and sensitive tonight.

Just saw last night's show. Emilio's execution is always just perfection, IMO. I can't see how he won't be the final winner. I do agree, ndd123, that he has the best model...or maybe he knows exactly how to play up all her attributes...like her hair just looked beautiful with that gown. I think if any other designer tried to make that gown that he did it wouldn't have worked. He is soo talented!! Nothing ever looks cheap from him.

I agree about Seth's dress and Mila's...but, Mila had that dress last week that wasn't good either. The judges hated her dress last week. If she doesn't do better next week, I predict she'll be the next one to leave.

It was surprising about Maya. Poor thing kept saying each week that she wanted to win a challenge...she was the only one who hadn't. But, I don't think she knew what to do to win...she was never in the bottom, though, just never good enough for the win. She's so young!

It's nice to have Anthony back. He is a hoot!! His dress will look very pretty on Jessica Alba.

Boy, it's getting to the end!!!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 4th 2010, 6:13 pm

I wonder what the real reason Maya quit is?
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 5th 2010, 2:13 am

So glad to have Anthony back! I've totally missed his sassy-ness, and I might be alone but I've really loved most of his designs. His dress this week was gorgeous! I was so happy for him when Jessica Alba said she wanted to wear it, what a way to come back. I know he probably won't make it all the way to the end but I'm glad he's back for now. (even though I really like his final collection).

Moody wrote:
I wonder what the real reason Maya quit is?

Do you think she was lying about her reasons for leaving?
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 9th 2010, 6:31 pm

Seth and Emilio are on there way to Brent Park. Mila/Jay have to battle it out before one of them gets to go to Brent Park. I thought Emilio's dress was gorgeous and he deserved to win. Poor Anthony was out, but his dress was not very good.

Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 9th 2010, 6:39 pm

Emilio is good but arrogant. I am rooting for Seth.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 9th 2010, 6:55 pm

ndd123 wrote:
Seth and Emilio are on there way to Brent Park. Mila/Jay have to battle it out before one of them gets to go to Brent Park. I thought Emilio's dress was gorgeous and he deserved to win. Poor Anthony was out, but his dress was not very good.

I'm not sure who I want out of those two to win the 3rd spot to Bryant Park!! When they showed the pics of what each designer did during the season, I saw a few designs of Jay's that I remember really liking. Up until 3 weeks ago I really liked Mila's designs, then starting with that design your own print challenge, she lost me as a fan! I don't think either of them can or will beat Emilio or Seth...those two are in a league of their own! And to think that the first 3 weeks I wanted Seth to go home. I found him very annoying! Too bad both guys can't win the season!
If I had to pick my fav it's Emilio. In the seasons that I've watched I can't remember anyone coming close to his talent.
Poor Anthony...$300 worth of polyester!!
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 9th 2010, 6:56 pm

I want Seth too. I hope Mila beats Jay and gets to show at Bryant Park.
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 2:47 am

I'd like to see Emilio, Mila and Seth Aaron at Bryant park. I loved Jay in the beginning but I haven't been as impressed with him lately - I feel like the other three have really been consistent and earned their spots.
Back to top Go down
EvelGwen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 3:06 am

hoping Emilio or Seth Aaron wins......cannot stand Mila.......

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 5:27 am

Seth
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 5:29 pm

emilio,,,then seth arron.. I LIKE seth aaron better as him, but emilios clothes have been impeccable for me

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 6:05 pm

rallen wrote:
emilio,,,then seth arron.. I LIKE seth aaron better as him, but emilios clothes have been impeccable for me

I agree with this. Seth is so talented, I just don't care for his taste as much as I do Emillio's taste. I like Seth's personality better. I can't wait to see the final products. I bet that there are spoilers.. whistle
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 9:47 pm

Moody wrote:
rallen wrote:

I agree with this. Seth is so talented, I just don't care for his taste as much as I do Emillio's taste. I like Seth's personality better. I can't wait to see the final products. I bet that there are spoilers.. whistle
spill them MISS Moody!!!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 12th 2010, 10:51 pm

rallen wrote:
Moody wrote:
rallen wrote:

spill them MISS Moody!!!

I don't know any spoilers, but have you looked at the final collections yet? What do you think?

Of those not in the final 4, I like Amy's and Anthony's.

Of the final 4 the order of my favorites are
Emilio
Seth
Mila
Jay

All of them are so very talented.
Jay's collection had too many weird shoulders for me. lol!

Mila's was very good. I have liked Mila most of the season, though not always her designs, they are really hit or miss. I think she was difficult at times, but the guys gave her a hard time as well.

To me Seth Aaron is much more likeable than Emilio, I love the way he talked about his family. But I don't like his collection as well as I like Emilios and some of his stuff is not to my taste.

Emilio has been a little snotty at times, so not always likeable to me. I gained some appreciation for him when he named Seth Aaron and Mila as the two he thought should be in the final with him. Even though the guys had a solidarity thing going on and wanted an all-guy final 3, he was a stand-up guy and spoke honestly when he named Mila. I really liked Emilios's final collection and he only had a few missteps during the season (string bikini anyone?) but totally overcame them and came on strong at the end.

I think this has been a really good season.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about fashion, I only know what I like. For myself, I am mostly into blue jeans, big shirts and tennis shoes.

ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 15th 2010, 11:58 pm

Absolutely agreed Mila should move forward over Jay. Jay's dress made the model look like she had big hips and Nina was right about Jay adding too much to his design.

I like Seth's personality.. Emilio has made some beautiful wearable clothes. Mila's clothes looked good. Hard to be a designer favorite until I see all three's Bryant park show.

I saw Christen's show on Bravo... I really liked his clothes and I enjoyed his show. i hope they do another show with him.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 16th 2010, 9:39 am

I was able to watch last night. Congrats to Mila.
Back to top Go down
BarbaraAnn
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 16th 2010, 10:08 am

Mappy wrote:
I was able to watch last night. Congrats to Mila.

Thanks for the reminder. I never seem to be able to remember to watch it on Thurs., and have to catch up on Friday. So the DVR is now set.

Just saw Seth, Emilio and Mila on Regis and Kelly. Mila talked about her job of dressing the judges on DWTS; I hadn't hear that before. Seems like a fun job while working on developing as a designer. They showed a clip of Tim on the trampoline at Seth Aaron's house, looked funny, was that on last night's show?

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 16th 2010, 10:29 am

Not sure Barbara. They did show Tim spending time with the designers and their families but that's when I remembered to tune in lol

I'm excited for the final three and wish them well.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 16th 2010, 11:07 am

Yes, Tim visited each person. He met Seth's wife and kids (and tried the trampoline), Emilio's brothers, Mila's boyfriend and parents, and Jay's partner, mother, and aunt.

He told Seth to redo his entire collection and said something similar to Emilio.

I like Emilio's designs the best followed by Mila's. Any of the three remaining deserve the win though so I don't have any strong favorite.

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 16th 2010, 1:22 pm

I found the Bryant Park Show, and it included like the last 5 or 6 designers, I guess so there are no spoilers. I missed last nights show, maybe we can guess who these various designs are by? There are tons so I will start us out with a few... 20. lol

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   April 16th 2010, 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Moody