Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Project Runway 2010   January 16th 2010, 6:46 am

So, is anyone else watching? And, are you watching Models of the Runway, afterwards? I recorded both, earlier this week, and am watching them now.

Wasn't Heidi pregnant at the beginning of another season? Last season? The season before? Her toasting with apple cider sure seems familiar. It looks like they might have some good candidates this season.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35312
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 16th 2010, 7:03 am

inkydinkydoo wrote:
So, is anyone else watching? And, are you watching Models of the Runway, afterwards? I recorded both, earlier this week, and am watching them now.

Wasn't Heidi pregnant at the beginning of another season? Last season? The season before? Her toasting with apple cider sure seems familiar. It looks like they might have some good candidates this season.

I watched it on DVR yesterday. Thursday is a huge DVR night! LOL
I can't keep up with all her babies..
I think it looks like a good group. The right one went home the first night and I think the top three were the right choices too.
I sometimes don't agree with the judges, but I must be getting better at it the more I watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 16th 2010, 9:02 am

I enjoyed the first show. I agree the top three were good choices and I am fine with who went home. I watched the model show afterwards for the first time. I didn't think it added much.. Maybe as time goes on.

Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 16th 2010, 3:57 pm

I am trying to watch! I keep watching the first episode on demand and falling asleep. Not because it is boring, because whenever I lay down to watch TV I fall asleep. From what I saw, it looks like it will be another excellent season.
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 17th 2010, 5:45 pm

I watched the model show afterwards, and I agree with you, ndd. The one gal sure has an attitude, though (the one who'd walked one more runway than the instructor). P L E A S E ! Can we say, "Chip on the shoulder, much?"

I liked the top three designer's, too, and wasn't too surprised with the gal who went home. I can't imagine wearing her way-too-blue-and-busy dress out in public!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 21st 2010, 7:40 pm

Don't forget! Runway, tonight!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 21st 2010, 7:46 pm

inkydinkydoo wrote:
Don't forget! Runway, tonight!

What time is it on?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 21st 2010, 8:00 pm

The new one is at 10 last week repeat starts now.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 21st 2010, 11:04 pm

Thanks, I watched last weeks and this weeks. I really liked Ping's outfit the first week but thought she should have been eliminated for her burlap bag dress this week. I was amazed at how great some of the burlap bag dresses looked.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 22nd 2010, 6:07 pm

jfan wrote:
Thanks, I watched last weeks and this weeks. I really liked Ping's outfit the first week but thought she should have been eliminated for her burlap bag dress this week. I was amazed at how great some of the burlap bag dresses looked.

I totally agree about Ping.. Awful.. I also didn't like how hard she was toward her model especially when she cries at every criticism.

It was amazing how most of the other disigners produced such good looking outfits. I think this season has some really good designers.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 23rd 2010, 12:20 am

Ping should've definitely been the one to go, IMO. Could you imagine her model walking into a cocktail party wearing that?!! I did think Pamela's dress made her model look huge, but at least it was well made!
I thought the top 3's were fabulous...too bad all 3 couldn't have won.
I'm really liking Amy...young and creative and also Emilio-winner from episode1.
I just watched both shows tonight and had no idea they were moving back to NY...but, so glad they did. Can anyone shed light on why they did move back to NY...just curious! TIA

I wish I could've had a closer look at the dress with the potato prints on it...unusual!
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 23rd 2010, 4:46 am

I read this interview with Nina regarding the LA season. I think it explains why.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/10/15/nina-garcia-speaks/

Quote :
Entertainment Weekly: Weíve all been missing you terribly this season. Where have you been for the past five weeks?

Nina Garcia: Oh! Well, thank you for missing me! Itís surprising ó I didnít really think it was going to be noticeable. You know, when the move to L.A. happened, the [production] dates changed. We usually film in June in New York. Michael is around and so am I. But this time they filmed end of September, beginning of October ó the months when the fashion shows happen in New York, Milan, and Paris. I had to go do my job as an editor and cover the shows, so thatís where I was. It was really out of my control. And I canít change my life entirely. I have another job, and Michael has a business, which is even more serious. Itís unfortunate, but it was just timing.

Also..

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/01/13/2010-01-13_project_runway_to_nyc_save_our_show_.html

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 23rd 2010, 5:10 am

Also you can see the outfits here each week:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-7-episode-2#id=1

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 23rd 2010, 9:08 am

jfan, thanks for both those links. I just spent an hour at the second one looking at all of Thurs.'s designs. I am so impressed with these designers and what they can do each week! I can't even darn a sock! I think Ping has a very unique style and is very talented, but she really should have been sent home Thurs. What a mess she made!
I found the comments about each design interesting as well. Critics can be brutal!
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 28th 2010, 11:18 pm

I was okay with Ping leaving tonight. Surprised the one model said anything against her designer's team, but I was okay with the model who went home.

Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 29th 2010, 1:10 am

I really liked Ping, and was sad to see her go, but I think it was her time. She's a very nice person but I think everyone else deserves to be there over her.

My favorites so far are Amy, (I really thought she should have won the potato sac challenge) Emilio and Jay. I think they're all good at both design and construction, which I think is really important in this competition. I also really like Anna, Anthony and Mila. There are a lot of great designers this season.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 29th 2010, 10:44 am

Actually saw most of the show..late lol Talented group.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 29th 2010, 11:02 am

its_glinda_now wrote:
I really liked Ping, and was sad to see her go, but I think it was her time. She's a very nice person but I think everyone else deserves to be there over her.

My favorites so far are Amy, (I really thought she should have won the potato sac challenge) Emilio and Jay. I think they're all good at both design and construction, which I think is really important in this competition. I also really like Anna, Anthony and Mila. There are a lot of great designers this season.

I loved Ping. She seemed to have such a lovely personality. I bet she will go far with a little more experience.
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 29th 2010, 3:58 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
its_glinda_now wrote:

I loved Ping. She seemed to have such a lovely personality. I bet she will go far with a little more experience.

I totally agree, Ping is just so interesting and creative! I loved her first design and I think if she was a bit better at construction she could make an amazing collection.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   January 29th 2010, 5:25 pm

Ping did have a lovely personality but she screwed up so badly two weeks in a row. I don't have a favorite yet. I have been watching on demand each week since I can't stay up past 9.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 5th 2010, 5:32 pm

My favorite designer this season is Amy! She's very talented and creative. I absolutely loved her red gown on last night's show. I hope she goes far. There appears to be no drama with this gal.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 7th 2010, 9:38 am

ebowers wrote:
My favorite designer this season is Amy! She's very talented and creative. I absolutely loved her red gown on last night's show. I hope she goes far. There appears to be no drama with this gal.

That dress she made was really amazing... it looked SO GOOD on her model. I like when they have to work with real sized women. It's really something all designers should know how to do. My God some of those outfits made the women look huge! I was ready for Jesus to go home. I thought that dress was cheesy.

ETA: I have also been watching the models of the runway show as well, but it isn't very interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 7th 2010, 9:48 am

I screencapped the designers because I forget who is who...

Amy, Mila and Seth are very talented.

ETA: and Emilo
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 7th 2010, 9:57 am

New season yet looking at their pics they're almost cardboard cutouts of previous contestants. Guess every reality show has a formula.
Back to top Go down
Gemini
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 778

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 7th 2010, 12:46 pm

Thanks Moody for the screencaps as I can never remember names either.

Amy is my favorite also. It's hard to decide who's dress is best on TV, I thought on the runway the winner looked like a nightgown (lol) but up close you could see the detail. I didn't think Jesus' dress was the worst, even though I can't stand him, but maybe in person it was really bad.

To me all of the women looked better and thinner in their own clothes at the beginning than they did in the designers red formals. I do love the show maybe it's Heidi and Tim.

I am one of the few people in the world who can murder you and leave no forensic evidence. ~ Abby from NCIS
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3241
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 7th 2010, 1:54 pm

Ugh...I keep forgetting to watch. I love this show, and for some reason I can't get it together enough to remember to watch it. I will HAVE to make a point of it now. Thank you all for the updates, links, and pics.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 7th 2010, 2:44 pm

Gemini wrote:
Thanks Moody for the screencaps as I can never remember names either.

Amy is my favorite also. It's hard to decide who's dress is best on TV, I thought on the runway the winner looked like a nightgown (lol) but up close you could see the detail. I didn't think Jesus' dress was the worst, even though I can't stand him, but maybe in person it was really bad.

To me all of the women looked better and thinner in their own clothes at the beginning than they did in the designers red formals. I do love the show maybe it's Heidi and Tim.

Exactly my thought! When I saw it up close it was like WOW...that's so beautiful! What I didn't like about Jesus' dress was that it looked like something for a young 20 year old that you could buy at Forver 21...not a designer dress for a big gala. Could you imagine that lady wearing that to a big fancy gala??? TACKY!!!!
Very definitely...the show wouldn't be the same without those two!
So glad to hear some others here are watching!
My top 3 are Amy, Emilio and Mila. I'd love to see those 3 go to the end!
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 12th 2010, 12:35 am

I really didn't love any of the dresses tonight and I think it was time for Anna to leave..

The models.... The model who tells another model she dreamed the other model was fat is definitely a contender for how to make friends and influence people award.....not

Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 19th 2010, 4:09 pm

It seems like a lot of people are missing his show since it has moved to Lifetime. It was on last night, I watched it On Demand. It was really good. The designers had to create a look for a child then the twist was that they had to create a companion look for a mom. Seth won and Jeananne was sent home. I will bring the pictures over, but I like a lot of them and hated a lot of them. I am going to hit send because I have lost this post 3 times!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 19th 2010, 4:10 pm

Seth won with this. The outfit was great for the little girl. It was something a little girl would love. He was compliment on the jacket for the mother as the "best tailoring they have seen this season".

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-7-episode-6#id=2

Last edited by Moody on February 19th 2010, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 19th 2010, 4:12 pm

Jeanne has been struggling for a couple weeks and this outfit got her sent home. The judges felt like her stuff looked cheap. They gave her 50 dollars for the child out fit, and the judges said it looked like 10 dollars.

I thought the outfit on the little girl was very cute and comfy but the judges no likey.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 19th 2010, 4:14 pm

This was the real controversial one. The judges HATED IT and Amy was in the bottom two.

I think Amy is incredibly talented and those pants on the mom were a lot of work and I think they look adorable the judges really hated the colors etc.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   February 19th 2010, 8:11 pm

I loved Seth's outfits. I also liked Ben's.

I hated Amy and Jeanne's kids outfits. Jeamanne's mother outfit was okay but I didn't like Amy's mother's outfit.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 4th 2010, 11:24 pm

I enjoyed the outfits made by the designers tonight. It is amazing what they did with hardware items. Jay should have won based on what he did with garbage bags and i thought Mila's outfit was exceptional. On the model front, I was pretty happy to see Alexis go home. She says she is playing a game, but I did't get her strategy.

Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 5th 2010, 4:25 am

Emilio really blew the hardware challenge. I think he was saved by his previous good work. Although I have wanted Alexis eliminated for a while, I thought it was terrible Emilio dumped his model after she did her best to make the very revealing bikini work. I think he blamed her height on not being able to make a long enough dress instead of his own stupidity.

I liked Maya's dress the best and loved her necklace - thought she should have won. Also Jay is one of those poor sport winners- not gracious at all.

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 12th 2010, 4:03 pm

Last week the designers had to go to a hardware store, and create outfits of my stuff hardware. The winner of the night was Jay who made this pants and top out of tape.

This weeks winning outfit was by Jonathon. The theme was "the elements" and he chose air.

LINK TO ALL PHOTOS
Back to top Go down
heyhay28
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5170
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 12th 2010, 4:36 pm

I also really liked the Garbage Bag Outfit, I would TOTALLY Wear the belt...loved it. It was by far the best one.....
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 12th 2010, 4:44 pm

heyhay28 wrote:
I also really liked the Garbage Bag Outfit, I would TOTALLY Wear the belt...loved it. It was by far the best one.....

yeah, that belt was amazing. He is so talented.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 12th 2010, 6:06 pm

I couldn't believe how Jonathan made that material.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   March 12th 2010, 10:39 pm

So glad Amy is still in...I love her risk taking...it's better than a bland, poorly made pair of pants any day! It was good to see Jonathan at his best. It'll be interesting to see who makes it to final 3!!! So glad a few others here are watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2010   

Back to top Go down

Project Runway 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: