Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 12th 2010, 5:08 pm

ABC has ordered a spinoff of its "Bachelor" franchise in which former contestants live together in a "Big Brother"-style house.

"Bachelor Pad," produced by Mike Fleiss' Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon, will bring back 20 contestants from the previous 13 cycles of "The Bachelor" and five editions of "The Bachelorette." The series will represent the first "all-stars" reunion for the franchise.

The recent season finale of "The Bachelor" was seen by 15.5 million viewers and provided the network's highest ratings in the adults 18-49 demographic in 21⁄2 years.

Executive producer Martin Hilton said the concept was inspired by the real-life relationships that have continued among former "Bachelor" casts.

"All these people have been friends, been enemies, they date each other and bring all this great backstory to the show," Hilton said. "It seemed like there was an opportunity to combine that world with a new competitive reality show."

Contestants will live together in a house and compete in challenges, with some competitions inspired by incidents from past seasons. Each episode will conclude with evictions from the residence.

ABC has ordered seven episodes, with "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison on board to emcee. Although scheduling plans are not set, expect ABC to premiere the show in the late summer coming out of the "Bachelorette" finale. It's not clear whether the show will air opposite CBS' venerable "Big Brother" franchise, which has continued to perform solidly for that network across multiple nights each summer.

With "Bachelor" debuting last week and "Bachelorette" typically launching at the start of summer, the addition of "Bachelor Pad" gives ABC a version of the franchise on the air year-round except for the fall.

Names of the cast have not yet been released, but Hilton said that top players, including former winners, are on board.

"Bachelor" returned this month with its debut climbing slightly in the ratings for its 14th edition.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i0108b2b9ca7ebad56041bdb468cd6e22?imw=Y
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 12th 2010, 5:45 pm

That sounds so good! Imagine if they had live feeds! We would all be in trouble!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 12th 2010, 5:55 pm

Moody wrote:
That sounds so good! Imagine if they had live feeds! We would all be in trouble!

Oh, it would be heavenly... as long as it doesn't interfere with the Big Brother! lol!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14481
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 1:18 am

It sounds like Big Brother. Heck yeah, I'm watching this!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 1:47 am

I'm not a Bachelor/Bachelorette fan but I might take a peak at this as long as it doesn't interfere with my Big Brother addiction..... Wink Thanks for posting .......

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 6:25 am

Hell yeah I'm gonna watch it....sounds interesting, I hope they have live feeds though!

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 1:15 pm

I am in ! I think I would need my head checked if i did not watch! I love this stuff!

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
bubs
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 2:46 pm

I am pathetically very excited about this show. I can't wait to hear who is on it. I can bet there is some combination of Deanna, Holly, Jesse, Michael Stag (Holly's new boyfriend). Things could get interesting. I would LOVE live feeds, but I bet they don't do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 3:28 pm

I'm in! Live feeds would be awesome! happy dance 2
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 16944
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 6:06 pm

Yep, count me in too, I'm a sucker for cheesy shows, the cheesier the better lol.
Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 6:13 pm

lol could you imagine Molly/Jason/ and Melissa all in this house together talk about awkward lol it would be so fun too watch

Number of posts : 13238
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 7:10 pm

I just hope it doesn't turn into a big orgy..like BB9 was.

SUN 8/7c WED 8/7c THUR 9/8c
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   January 13th 2010, 7:15 pm

As long as Reid is on, I'll watch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette   

Back to top Go down

Big Brother meets The Bachelor/Bachelorette
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: