PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 8:17 am

Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 9:52 am

((((MIM)))You know we're here thru good and bad to laugh and cry with.Never give up!.....Why did the little boy dig thru a big pile of horse poop?(because he said he knew there was a poney in there somewhere!)So keep digging!We all love you!

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 9:58 am

Alice Jane. Always. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 10:56 am

Hey, Alice. Hang tough, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 11:00 am

Love ya,... Mim...lots of prayers and good thoughts for you!
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 4:07 pm

Mim, I love reading your posts, they are delightful. Keeping you in my prayers, and your positive attitude and spirit will concur all. Keep your spirits up and know you have many wonderful friends here who care.

big hug

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 4:14 pm

big hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3685
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 4:31 pm

big hug here is a kiss for y Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 6th 2009, 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 3:51 pm

tuesday afternoon, 12-8-09

might as well say it at beginning this is a rant, I am madder than a wet hen.. I just got back from errands, during which I basically told a little old lady library volunteer to go FK herself. She interupted me one too many times when I was trying to tell her facts so I could ask a question. then I got on here and thought I don't need to be posting feeling like this.
What I am really mad about is my body. remember how excited I was cause I could breath after the draining? well, I can't breath again, which means the fluid may be building up and they may have to drain it again (worse because know I know what that means) and that is not even the big issue of how bad is what I have that is causing this.
ON top of that I have an excruciating pain in my left stomach. since I don't have overies or uterious what could be left there to hurt, I don't know.
I just know it has been hurting for a week and now it is really bad. Is my body going nuts? I don't know except I don't like to be sick, I don't like to be in bad mood, I just don't like any of this.
now, will take my pissy mood and go back to bed, cause I basically feel like shit.

Last edited by mimTN on December 9th 2009, 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
realitycarol
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 4:00 pm

Awwww mimTN, hope you feel better! big hug

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 4:21 pm

Please call your doctor and tell him or her about the pain. I hope you feel better. The library volunteer will survive... I think:)
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8638
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 4:31 pm

MIM, CALL THE DOCTOR NOW. I INSIST! I DON'T CARE IF WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FLOOD. Seriously, call the damn doctor!
Back to top Go down
http://http:/ / imaginethismidsouth.auctionsound.com/
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 4:32 pm

and if won't do that, go to Jordan's thread and watch the youtube video - you will at least laugh.
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 4:39 pm

MIM, DID YOU CALL THE DOCTOR YET? SERIOUSLY!!!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 5:25 pm

Mim call the doctor..
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 5:38 pm

Alice Jane *in my sternest voice* Please call your doctor. The pain has worsened. It's not going to go away. There could be a number of causes.

*in my sweetest voice* Please. If not for yourself, do it for your DUTS.

cheek kiss
Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 5:47 pm

((((MIM)))Please call your doctor...with so much good medicine theres no need to suffer the pain.PPPPPPPlease!!(trying to sound like Jordan there)

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 8th 2009, 6:04 pm

cheek kiss big hug Call your doctor, Alice!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 1:16 am

lol, geez, no I did not call the doctor. he will say come in, I don't feel like a 30 mile drive, when I am going to see him thursday. And thursday he may schedule hospitalization, depending on what comes back. While in there, will tell them of all the other things I have been ignoring, cause I am sick of drs, hospitals and needles. They can do it all in sort of "one stop shopping" setting. When you have major issues(leukemia) and mention symtom, they don't want to take chance so it involves tests w/mulitple trips to hospital, dr, etc. and I can't do that. Because;
1. I can't afford the gas, 2. I have to drive myself into memphis, which is at least 30 miles and cant physcally drive that far some days, and 3. it is a "stomache".
I took aleve and it is better, I think it may be a hernia anyway cause when I support or put pressure on the spot, the pain stops.

sorry I worried you guys, I feel bad about that.
I just needed a rant. I will do another "from puter of post" later, it was really combination of few things that have been eating at me for the last week. nothing major, just stuff you have to deal with when you have health problems.
again, I am so embrassed that I worried you all.
forgive me.

Last edited by mimTN on December 9th 2009, 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 1:51 am

(((Mim))) rants can be a relief. Just let everything out. It makes you feel better when you do.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 3:28 am

wee hrs of Wed, 12-9-09
1st of "What's been eating mimtn" posts

My Quitting Smoking
(will title each, you can skip one's you don't want to read)

This all happened the day my oncologist did 1st xray and discovered the enlarged heart and fluid on lung (Nov). You would think when a patient says to a Dr. especially an oncologist, "I really need to quit smoking he would jump right on it. No, it did NOT happen, instead he said, "lets, not worry about that now." That response kinda took me aback and I questioned him more, he stumbled around and blushed, could tell he did not want to say what he needed to say. Finally, I did one of my famous "pip" things and said is this a case of "closing the barn door after the horses get out?". he said yes, and I got him to explain more.
It seems the benefits of quitting smoking pay off even for lung cancer patients when quitting will give your lungs time to start healing, so you can fight infections, etc. better. After he went through his long explaintion, I did the "pip" thing again and said so what you are telling me is depending on what we find out this heart and lung thing is, I may not live long enough to reap the benefit of quitting. He looked down, blushed again and said, "Yes".
then he said, and I almost fell over with this statement.
"I don't know if we need to risk the stress quitting may put on you right now.
Let's just wait and see."
So that is the 1st of the things that have beem eating mimtn. Please don't feel bad if you just don't know what to say to this.
What can you say?,
"this is what comes from smoking" or "it will be okay".
the smoking for 40 yrs is all on me, I know, my choice, I did it, my fault.
and it may not be okay.
just helps to know I can say these things instead of holding it all in.

Last edited by mimTN on December 9th 2009, 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 3:49 am

Please Keep sharing! I enjoy your posts! I agree with catty. "Let it all out."

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 5:56 am

(((((((Alice Jane cheek kiss ))))))))

Please keep your faith ....I am keeping mine strong for you!
Back to top Go down
Love-it

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 6:20 am

Mim, I thought you would appreciate that fact that while grocery shopping I literally lol'd when in the produce section I finally "got" what "I won't be buying any green bananas" meant. I laughed because in your situation you come up with lines like that and because it took me over a week to get it! (I promise I am usually not that slow)

I can only hope my disposition would be as irreverant if in the same sistuation. I have added you to my prayers and look forward to more updates.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 6:47 am

Love-it wrote:
Mim, I thought you would appreciate that fact that while grocery shopping I literally lol'd when in the produce section I finally "got" what "I won't be buying any green bananas" meant. I laughed because in your situation you come up with lines like that and because it took me over a week to get it! (I promise I am usually not that slow)

I can only hope my disposition would be as irreverant if in the same sistuation. I have added you to my prayers and look forward to more updates.

I do "get it" and thanks for telling me, I laughed out loud for first time in days,
as I imagined you in produce looking at bananas laughing, what made me laugh was imagining all the people who noticed trying to figure out what was so funny about those damn bananas.
Thanks, your post was just what I needed today and thanks for "getting that".

your post inspired me to change my signature, see below
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 8:06 am

Wed. morning, 12-9-09

How I learned about Laughter through Tears
also known as
Getting stuck on the commode

I have to start this off with a sad story for background, it is just not as funny unless you know what we had been through together before this.
My sister, 2 years younger than me had her 2nd daughter with ceserian delivery, well in our family we have this genetic weakness to histoplasmosis. 90% of people in the south carry this disease and in most people it is dormant, one of many you carry, that you'll never even know about. It is "oportunistic" meaning when you are at your weakest it sees chance and makes you sick, most people still fight it off, no harm no fowl, but in small group it attacks the lungs and can kill you in weeks or days, in an even smaller group it attacks the heart muscle and distroys it. That is what happened to my sister, in a month she was in intensive care. they had to put her on a heart pump but she was too week to be put to sleep, so they did it with no pain med. they inserted heart pump under her heart by going through vein in leg, her husband and I stood outside the door and listened to her screams as they did this and then she was mercefully quite. Later she told me (and we laughed about it) she did see those stars like in the cartoons when you get hit over the head and then she passed out. I was in the hospital with her from day she was admitted until 3 months after the transplant when she went home and that is not last or even worst of what she endured. So, she has the transplant, but she has had problems and is on mega doses of steriods to prevent rejection. the steriods settled in her knees and she was unable to stand.
sorry, tried to make the background as short as possible.
The funny stuff starts now;
after about 2 months, she has constipation problem. I have been trained by the PT how to help her stand and lock her knees with mine. Have been doing it for weeks. only me and the PT are allowed to do it. They have done everything they can to relieve her constipation, one night about 3:00a.m. she says do you think you can get me on the commode, I think that would help. I check out the little bathroom, tiney with just sink and commode, but I say I think we can do it. So I get her up get her knees locked and in wheel chair and to bathroom door and get her knees locked and she hangs on to door frame and sink and then we get her ajusted to the commode. So I say, I am going to give you a little privacy, I will be back in 15 min, if you need help pull the emergency chain.
I come back, SUCCESS! she feels great and is absolutly conviced she has the best big sis in the world.
now, the trouble starts, because of baby weight, fluid from heart stuff and, weight gain because of steriods she weighs about 180 lbs, I weigh about 125. The commode is low, I can't lift her up and lock her knees, we struggle with this for and hour or so, in the process we get into some really funny positions, she has on a hospital gown nothing else! By this time we are both laughing so hard we don't just have tears, we have snot too. And can I just say, the room also stunk. But we know we have to call for help. so I get out and get the room spray deodorant and go nuts which starts another bout of giggles, then I get the "great idea" I will go from behind, squeeze between her and the commonde and push her from that position so she can hang on to the sink and then I will squeeze between her and sink so I can lock her knees with mine. LOL, It did not work, we got her pulled up and hangin on sink and I move up on the commode, then she falls back down square on my lap. I am trapped. I can't move to push her, can't do anything. here I sit with her naked ass in my lap on the commode, we pull the emergency chain, and wait.
we are waiting, the nurse has to "gown up" to come in her room because she has compromissed immune system. now the nurse hears what she thinks is screaming and hysterical crying and can't get in to room fast enough, the head nurse notices her panic and orderly also stops to see what is happening, WE, clueless to the "panic" we are causing, continue to have fits of crying and hysterical laughing, they get in, get to the bathroom door, figure out we are both okay. which takes awhile cause we can't quit laughing.
That is how we came to be known as "Lucy & Ethyl" by the whole heart floor and transplant team. Years after her death, I could run into someone who had been on the transplant team or heart floor after we left and they would say " oh, you were one of "Lucy & Ethyl". In fairness that is not the only sinanagins that we pulled in our 3 month stay. lol, she was MY sister and we did get bored after a while.
and that is how I learned about laughter through tears,
She was 30 and I was 32.
I love that story, thanks for letting me tell it, it is one of my best memories.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 3:26 pm

(((Mim))) thank you for sharing that. I laugh a lot when I am going through things in my life. It is how I deal with the difficult times or the bad things that happen. It's good to cry too, but I don't want spend too much time wallowing in the sadness of the situation because it will be hard for to snap out of it. At least for me it is.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 7:33 pm

Oh Mim, you have such a great spirit. Please let us know what you learn tomorrow - promise???
Please keep writing - we all love it!
Are you feeling "poorly" today?
NEVER be embarrassed - we worry because we care!!!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 7:38 pm

Lucy and Ethel LOL Wonderful story remembered and told from the funny side. My favorite kind of memory. cheek kiss
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 8:47 pm

memphisbelle wrote:
Oh Mim, you have such a great spirit. Please let us know what you learn tomorrow - promise???
Please keep writing - we all love it!
Are you feeling "poorly" today?
NEVER be embarrassed - we worry because we care!!!

I am okay, actually telling that, lucy & ethyl, story and laughing was good for me.
few, except the health workers got why my sister and I thought it was so funny.
We understood that, laughter in the face of illness and death means they are not in control of your life, you are.
I will find out what is going on tomorrow afternoon, the tests are back, I called and checked.
but am trying to take a chill pill and not think of it too much,
lol, easy to say, hard to do. so I am watching tv and napping. just trying not to think.
Back to top Go down
memphisbelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 8:52 pm

You are in my constant thoughts and prayers.
Only good thoughts are coming your way!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 8:55 pm

Thinking about you! Loved the story! Sending Positive thoughts and Love your way!

Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 9:03 pm

mim - sending love and prayers your way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
balmoral
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 9:57 pm

Love You ,Alice! Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
speedy0103
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 9th 2009, 11:09 pm

Love you too!!!! you make me remember to appreciate life! Please let us know asap what's happens tomorrow. you are in my prayers! Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 10th 2009, 12:22 pm

I hope everything went well! We love you and are thinking about you today!

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: From puter of mimTN   December 10th 2009, 12:28 pm

Thinking of you Alice Jane....

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous