xubaby
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 20th 2010, 6:34 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
He has been through so much. Sad

Turn that frown upside down, Happy. I stand by my previous statement--his will to Tour Bus Thrust will outlive us all.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 21st 2010, 10:25 am

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20386975,00.html

Bret Michaels is definitely a man with a mission: After suffering a small warning stroke, the rocker still has his sights set on showing up at the May 23 finale of NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice.

"As far as I know, Bret will be there unless his doctors tell him otherwise," says his rep of Michaels, who would be facing off against Holly Robinson Peete in the final boardroom evaluation with Donald Trump.

"We're cautiously optimistic that he will attend the finale," continues the rep. "But ultimately, it's up to his doctors."

Michaels's rep, Jann Elias, says the 47-year-old rocker is "in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be okay."

As for his condition Elias says, "He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

Experiencing Numbness

According to his doctor, Michaels was readmitted to the hospital this week after experiencing numbness on the left side of his body, particularly to his face and hands.

He was diagnosed with suffering a Transient Ischemic Attack, or TIA, described as a mini-stroke or warning stroke that causes stroke-like syptoms but doesn't cause lasting neurological damage. MRI and CT scans then discovered that Michaels had a hole in his heart.

"There is no doubt that [this] is devastating news to Bret and his family," says Zabramski. "The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the Transient Ischemic Attack."

Calling it "highly unlikely" these problems are linked to the brain hemorrhage, the doctor adds: "Once again it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 5:56 pm

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/the-celebrity-apprentice-finale-bret-michaels-on-his-way.html

Since Bret Michaels finished filming "The Celebrity Apprentice," he's undergone an emergency appendectomy, experienced a nearly fatal brain hemorrhage, suffered a warning stroke, and been diagnosed with a hole in his heart. It would be more than understandable if he opted not to go to New York City for tonight's (May 23) finale face-off against Holly Robinson-Peete.

However, Michaels is so dedicated to the reality show that he's boarded a plane to NYC from Arizona anyway, reports People. The private jet did have to make a stop in Nashville when Bret complained of "a headache, lower back pain and some cramping in his legs," sources at the airport say.

Ever the trooper, Michaels got back on the plane and is on his way to NYC where, barring any further complications, he'll appear on the live finale along with Robinson-Peete to compete for the prize. It's no wonder Bret is so
determined to be there -- he's competing for the American Diabetes
Association, and if he wins tonight, he'll present a $250,000 bonus check to the charity that's close to his heart.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 7:07 pm

IvankaTrump
We are having a ball!! RT @hollyrpeete: Backstage at #celebapprentice finale with @bretmichaels and @ivankatrump!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 7:30 pm

He looks really good! It is nice to see him! Thanks Annie! Smile

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 9:59 pm

Bret won Celebrity Apprentice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Kelli
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 10:08 pm

Do u think he would have won if he had not been through
everything he went through?
Back to top Go down
Kelli
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 10:10 pm

I am glad they both got the money for their charity!
Back to top Go down
Nautica
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 10:25 pm

I'm so glad he won.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 10:45 pm

Good for him!! And his charity.

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 11:01 pm

Choked up seeing Bret walk out. He has been through a lot. I was happy to see him win!! Great that both charities got money from Snapple.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 11:05 pm

Kelli wrote:
Do u think he would have won if he had not been through
everything he went through?

That's what I've been struggling with. Since Holly also got $250,000, it makes me think she would've won if Bret hadn't gotten sick.

Did Annie get any more money at the finale?
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 23rd 2010, 11:28 pm

It was a good ending. In effect, both Bret and Holly won, Bret just got a title to go along with his win.

I've thought that Bret was Donald's favored one to win from Trump's heartfelt reaction and comments during all of Bret's medical setbacks.

I just hope that this isn't too taking on his body. He is a trooper for doing this, against his doctor's advice.

Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 24th 2010, 5:25 am

I enjoyed the season finale but there were so many commercials. I felt like they all pretty much stated that Holly would have won, but how could Brett not win after all this. Holly said it best, "Come on the guys on the Cover of People Magazine, on Oprah.... how can he not win" or something along those lines. Knowing that Holly deserved the win, I am glad that Trump gave money to both charities.

He (Brett) looked very fragile. I think he needs to get back to bed or whatever you are supposed to do to recover from these things. Could someone explain why he was limping? I haven't followed it all closely.

Trump got "lucky" with Brett, ratings gold. I don't typically watch this show.
Back to top Go down
cruzlvr
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 24th 2010, 6:32 am

Moody
Did Holly deserve the win? I think that is very debatable. Unfortunately, due to all Bret's medical issues there will always be that question mark next to his win. IMO Bet deserved the win. Looking back on the season, Holly won that big chunk of change for her charity, but a lot of the money came from the other team. She also lost that particular challenge but got the money. I believe during the season she lost two of her challenges when she was project manager. Bret DID NOT lose any of his challenges when he was project manager.

They never did come right out and say who won the last Snapple challenge but judging by the crowd when Trump asked the people at the Snapple presentation who did better, it was quite obvious by the applause that they liked Bret's better. As Holly said when Trump asked who liked Holly's better you could hear crickets! Then when Trump was talking to the two snapple reps they did say they wouldn't mind Holly being on their board because she is a hard worker and really dedicated to her cause but Bret is "Snapple". They liked Bret's presentation better even though they liked Holly's bottle better. It is hard to say who won cause they never came out and said it but I think they would have picked Bret.

And at the finale how could they not talk about all Bret has been and is going through. But don't they usually discuss all the pros and cons before firing someone anyway. There was no way they could ignore Bret's health. When Holly was discussing Bret's appearances she was conveniently forgetting all her own appearances she has done for her new book so she has been out there just as much as Bret. If it weren't for Bret being so seriously ill, I doubt that we would have seen much of Bret in the news before the finale.

So long story short (Too late for that I guess - lol). I don't think it is clear at all that Holly deserved the win. In fact I think it is clear that Bret deserved the win.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 24th 2010, 6:59 am

You probably know better than I do. I only came to my conclusion from what was presented at the finale. I watched only a couple episodes and enjoyed Brett in them.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 24th 2010, 9:37 am

I guess the celebrities don't actually "apprentice" for the Trump organization.
If that was really the premise, then obviously Holly would be a better choice. No way Brett M would give up Rock and Roll for an apprenticeship. (lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Shell

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 24th 2010, 11:03 am

cruzlvr wrote:
Moody
Did Holly deserve the win? I think that is very debatable. Unfortunately, due to all Bret's medical issues there will always be that question mark next to his win. IMO Bet deserved the win. Looking back on the season, Holly won that big chunk of change for her charity, but a lot of the money came from the other team. She also lost that particular challenge but got the money. I believe during the season she lost two of her challenges when she was project manager. Bret DID NOT lose any of his challenges when he was project manager.

They never did come right out and say who won the last Snapple challenge but judging by the crowd when Trump asked the people at the Snapple presentation who did better, it was quite obvious by the applause that they liked Bret's better. As Holly said when Trump asked who liked Holly's better you could hear crickets! Then when Trump was talking to the two snapple reps they did say they wouldn't mind Holly being on their board because she is a hard worker and really dedicated to her cause but Bret is "Snapple". They liked Bret's presentation better even though they liked Holly's bottle better. It is hard to say who won cause they never came out and said it but I think they would have picked Bret.

And at the finale how could they not talk about all Bret has been and is going through. But don't they usually discuss all the pros and cons before firing someone anyway. There was no way they could ignore Bret's health. When Holly was discussing Bret's appearances she was conveniently forgetting all her own appearances she has done for her new book so she has been out there just as much as Bret. If it weren't for Bret being so seriously ill, I doubt that we would have seen much of Bret in the news before the finale.

So long story short (Too late for that I guess - lol). I don't think it is clear at all that Holly deserved the win. In fact I think it is clear that Bret deserved the win.

Great points. I agree, I don't think she would have necessarily won if Bret had been well. I think he deserved to win.
Back to top Go down
Kelli
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   May 24th 2010, 11:45 am

I have not watched this season at all but watched the finale. It did seem like Holly would have won by the way they were talking. Just couldn't tell and didn't have anything to judge by since I did not watch the episodes.

As far as the limping, could have been from the mini stroke he suffered. They called it a 'warning stroke' but I think it still caused him some left sided weakness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3   

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Apprentice 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: