Share | 

Battle of the Blades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Battle of the Blades   October 6th 2009, 6:44 am

Did any of my fellow Canadians watch this on Sunday night? I loved it. I'm very familiar with all these former NHL players from watching them play hockey and I thought they all did a great job. I loved Ron Duguay's routine with Barb Underhill and Claude Lemieux's routine with Shae-Lynn Bourne. Wow. Who would of thought that these high-testosterone guys could do this? (They're all competing for different charities)
Apparently, current NHL players watched and were impressed.

Quote :
From the Globe and Mail:
Others who indicated they might also be interested in taking part include Montreal Canadiens winger Mike Cammalleri and Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson, who figures wife Bibi might force him into it. “She loves those shows,” said Alfredsson.

Senators teammate Mike Fisher was most impressed with the performance of 52-year-old Ron Duguay, who is two decades removed from his last NHL game. The other seven guys also earned his respect.
“They’re brave,” said Fisher. “Some of them are pretty good, but obviously some of them have been off blades for a little while and you could tell, but Duguay’s still got it — how old is he?”

Kaberle thought the best performances came from Duguay, Claude Lemieux, Craig Simpson and Glenn Anderson. “They were awesome,” said Kaberle. “They looked like they’ve been doing it for a while. Obviously they practised for the last month orso, but they look like they’ve been at it for a couple years.”

One player that didn’t make it out to the debut taping was Leafs defenceman Mike Komisarek, who had to decline Kaberle’s invitation because of a previously scheduled commitment. He’s eager to get out and support the former NHLers.
“I want to go next Sunday for sure,” said Komisarek. “I can’t wait.”
The entire episode is available on the CBC site.
Battle of the Blades
Back to top Go down
zena37
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Blades   October 6th 2009, 8:21 am

Sound cool!! I'll have to check it out.....thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Blades   October 6th 2009, 8:14 pm

I'm enjoying this show as well CJ. Ron Duguay was the best this first week.They are all strong men so we are seeing alot of tricks already. I think with a little more practice they get more flow to their routines.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Blades   November 15th 2009, 6:58 pm

Tonight the final three pairs perform their last skate. (winner announced on the finale show tomorrow night)
I've really gotten hooked on this series.
The New York Times had an interesting article on the show ..... I didn't realize that anyone in the US could see it.

New York Time Battle of the Blades article
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Blades   

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Blades
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: