America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   September 10th 2009, 12:04 pm

The CW's hit series AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL breaks the mold for cycle 13 by offering women 5'7" and under (below the industry height standard) the chance to become America's Next Top Model. Fourteen hopefuls from across the country are given the chance to prove they have what it takes when the competition kicks off with a two-hour premiere on Wednesday, September 9 (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET), with encore performances on Fridays (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET).

Tyra Banks leads the panel of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL judges, comprised of leading fashion industry experts. The panel consists of photographer Nigel Barker, runway expert J. Alexander and guest judges - including Lauren Conrad and Kim Kardashian - who closely evaluate the progress of the models to narrow the field each week.

The winner of The CW's AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL will be managed by Wilhelmina Models, receive a $100,000 contract with cosmetics giant CoverGirl and appear on the cover and in a six-page fashion spread of Seventeen magazine.

Links to the bios and interviews with the models.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/americas-next-top-model13-biohub

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/americas-next-top-model/cycle-13-bianca/?play=609-6165
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   September 10th 2009, 3:53 pm

thanks for the head's up. i'll have to tape it on friday.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   September 13th 2009, 12:48 pm

Haven't watched yet but there is a double elimination this week and the models have to pose Lady Gadiva-ish on horses lol

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model13

This link is for episode 1

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/americas-next-top-model
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   September 13th 2009, 2:33 pm

I watched the first episode. It is two hours Shocked I think I'll follow this cycle. I like the variety of models with some of the usual obnoxious ones tossed into the mix. Again, the first hour is 'The Tyra Show' doncha know, but it was fun. Laura the country girl who castrates cows ... lololol what a group.

3:30 and I have to get moving lol So bad!
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   September 18th 2009, 11:11 pm

I think this season is pretty good so far! I really liked the first photo shoot, I thought that was a neat idea. I think Bianca should have been sent home already though. She has such a bad attitude and she's always complaining about something, I hope she gets cut soon.

I have a few early favorites, I think Laura, Nicole and Erin are the stand outs for me. I think they're all gorgeous and they seem to know what they're doing in front of the camera. I'm really excited to see how they do in the coming weeks.

I was pretty surprised to see Rachel go home this week, I thought she had a lot of potential and I think if she would have stayed in the competition she could have worked on her nerves. Sad
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   September 19th 2009, 4:31 am

I am enjoying this group. At first I was trying to figure out why there were so many pretty ones compared to other seasons and then I remembered these are the short girls (under 5'7) so there are so many more options!
Back to top Go down
lakecat

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   October 8th 2009, 10:49 am

It seems like Sundai is a favorite of Tyras.Im not sure I have a favorite.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   October 8th 2009, 11:26 am

Ashley Howard cut week 6.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   October 12th 2009, 8:00 am

October 8 EW recap by Mandi Bierly

Your regular recapper, Margaret, had the night off, and I agreed to sub for one reason only: Benny Ninja. But even he couldn’t save this episode from being as pathetic as Sundai pulling out the Cabbage Patch when asked to express sadness through dance.

Season after season, we see contestants told that their dance backgrounds actually hurt their modeling. But as guest (5′6″) judge Josie Maran pointed out at panel, dancers spend their lives looking in the mirror — so they should know their angles. Foolishly, I thought this teach might reveal the difference between good and bad dance influence, but no. All we got was Benny and Lil Mama looking disgusted at Nicole’s attempt at anger (”He asked me for angry, and I think my dance ended up being way more bipolar”), a quick routine from the Jabbawockeez, and the girls having an hour to choreograph group numbers that would convey happiness, sadness, and anger as they wore masks. NO SMIZING. You knew winning Team 1 — Jennifer, Rae, and Kara — gelled the moment Kara asked, “Can I do a cartwheel?” and the others jumped and squealed as though they’d just been told again that the prize was $17,000 in jewelry. Even though their “happiness” involved skipping around in a way that made me, for some reason, flash back to the little people onstage when Spinal Tap performs “Stonehenge,” the Fainting Rae move during the “sadness” segment was the highlight of all three group performances. I thought group 2’s idea of miming Double Dutch for happiness was actually pretty cute — they just needed to make it a bit more lyrical. Dance instructor Ashley should be fired for what she did with Group 3 (another Cabbage Patch?), though clearly Nicole’s scary/angry staring contest with the tiny audience was an homage to the Jabbawockeez number. Can you imagine being a member of that tiny audience and having to sit there and pretend that those “dances” were worthy of your time?

Moving on, Jay woke up the models at 4:30 a.m., so they could catch a flight to Vegas for group photo shoots with performers from Mystère because, as Jay said while in costume, “Miss Banks is a huge fan of Cirque du Soleil.” This was a cool concept for the annual do-you-stand-out? photo showdown, but surprisingly not that fun to watch. Even though the camera spent a few seconds on each girl, there was so much else to absorb in the frame that you couldn’t focus on anyone or get an idea of how the models played off each other and their Cirque cohorts. You could argue that it gave the photo reveal at panel more suspense, but even then I felt rushed. I wanted more time to see how Brittany being the “Bride of Frankenstein’s second cousin that is a model”* worked with the rest of the photo, and how Laura’s Gisele-like curve of the back stole her pic. She did look phenomenal, like she’d taken some “Fierce Juice.”**

So, what did you think of Benny Ninja’s teach and the group photo shoots? Do you agree that it was Ashley’s time to go? (Jennifer is so lucky that she had Rae and Brittany in her photo, or she would have been in the bottom two instead of Kara.) And would you invite Josie Maran back? I thought she started off shaky, but then hit her stride while describing the poses of Laura (”You look like you’re happy, you’re climaxing”) and Erin (”I think you look very high fashion because you’re kind of not doing anything with your face, but it comes off strong still” — it’s a weird statement, and yet, oddly accurate). Though I’m not sure I follow her critique of Rae’s appearance at panel: “You can’t be successful as a model if you don’t have any of your own personality in your style,” she said. (1) I thought designers liked blank canvases because you will become what they need you to be. (2) I have no idea what Gisele’s personal style is.

* and ** ™ Tyra
Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   October 13th 2009, 9:48 pm

Very happy to finally see Ashley go, she lasted much longer than she should have; she should have gone home the week of the horse shoot. And I really like Josie as the guest judge, I thought she was fair and she actually knew what she was talking about; I'd love to see her on the show again.

I really liked the photo shoot this week! Laura is like the fiercest b*tch ever and she was totally robbed of first call out when they called the best group first. She definitely had the best individual shot this week.

I hope Kara leaves soon, I can't take any more of her wretched attitude.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   November 19th 2009, 12:57 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
its_glinda_now
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   November 19th 2009, 2:18 pm

I obviously love Laura, but I knew Nicole would win because she was clearly the best model this cycle. Nicole totally deserved the win and I really can't wait to see what's next from her. She's so gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   November 19th 2009, 2:27 pm

I just watched one episode.. the finals. LOL.
I was hoping for a Nicole win. She seemed far better than the other one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   November 19th 2009, 4:15 pm

Top Model: Did the Right Girl Win?

Leave it to Tyra Banks to hold a modeling competition for petite girls only!
The auditions for America’s Next Top Model Cycle 13, which welcome women 5′7″ and under, caused a stampede outside the Park Central Hotel in New York City back in March.
On Wednesday night, it came down to just two girls, who pitched, posed and pranced down a runway in Hawaii to please Tyra and her panel of fashion industry judges. It looked like a toss-up between Nicole, a quiet and awkard redhead from Colorado who took high-fashion photos, and Laura, a bubbly Kentucky girl with lots of personality and the face of a moneymaker.
After shooting an ad and commercial for CoverGirl, a cover for Seventeen and walking thrice in a runway show, the winner was Nicole, who, according to Tyra, is a star.

Source:People

There is a poll at the link were you can vote:
http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/11/19/top-model-did-the-right-girl-win/

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
robonbond

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   December 18th 2009, 3:11 am

I got pleasure to read about Americas Next Top Model TV Show. I am huge fan of this show. Here any one can Download americas Next Top Model Online

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13   

Back to top Go down

America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: