HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 4th 2009, 1:22 pm

Kimmie wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Does anyone know where the 12 plus photos I posted went? Were they deleted? If they were not I will post them again,Thanks.

happy, i see little red squares.....

Thanks Kimmie.They were from Getty Images.Let me try to fix it.

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 4th 2009, 5:17 pm

i love when people stand up for animal rights,
i know peta has gone over the top a few times but they do it for a good cause.

& i think theres nothing wrong w/ her pictures..
it's for a cause i don't get how people are saying it's offensive.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 5th 2009, 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 5th 2009, 9:35 pm

MODEL BEHAVIOR
Whether it's twirling on Dancing with the Stars, stripping for PETA or picking her future husband, hot-to-foxtrot beauty Joanna Krupa knows how to take charge. BY JILL SIERACKI • PHOTOGRAPHS BY JACK GUY

MEN LUST AFTER HER and women envy her, and it's not hard to see why. As Maxim's Sexiest Top Model, Joanna Krupa has the looks to turn both sexes' heads. But as a competitor on ABC's hit reality series Dancing with the Stars, she's proving she also has the moves. “I wanted to do the show for a long time,” says Krupa. “It's really exciting, and just having the opportunity is an amazing experience. But it's a lot of work, a lot of determination, and every week during elimination, that's the worst feeling because you never know how the votes are going to end up.”

Over the course of the show, Krupa regularly racked up top marks performing dances such as the jive, tango and samba with her partner, Derek Hough. Surprisingly though, her years in front of the camera were more of a hindrance than a help when it came to booty shakin'. “In modeling the posture is totally different—you're arching your back, sticking out your bum,” she says. “[For dancing] the hip movements are totally opposite. I'm sure as soon as I go back to modeling after the show, they'll be like, What the heck? What kind of pose is that? My hips will be a little bit confused.”

Hip worries or no, Krupa has never been one to shy away from competition, as anyone who saw her performance on The Superstars can attest. On that reality show, celebrities were paired with pro athletes in a series of physical challenges. And when Krupa's partner, notorious NFL bad boy Terrell Owens, didn't measure up, Krupa let him have it, dropping a barrage of curses that left the Pro Bowler speechless and looking seriously ashamed. “Every once in a while I'll say little swear words to myself, but it's not that intense,” she says. “For me to get that mad, it takes a lot. It was just overall horrible, bad energy coming from him, and it really pushed me over the limit. And yeah, my mom wasn't very proud.”

Potty mouth aside, Krupa has plenty to be proud of these days—including high scores on TV's highest-rated reality series as well as a starring role in PETA's most successful international ad campaign. “That makes me feel really great just because I'm a huge animal lover and activist,” says Krupa of her “I'd rather go naked than wear fur” ads. She's also going to be featured in a second campaign for the animal rights organization, Angels for Animals, with Rugby, her Yorkie, the smallest (yet largest in spirit) of her four dogs. “It's just heartbreaking; people don't understand the reality of what goes on. If I can open some people's eyes and help them understand the horrible cruelty that's out there, then hopefully it'll save a few of these little animals.”

Not only is Krupa's outspoken nature helping her fight against puppy mills and other types of animal cruelty, it also helped her meet her fiancé of almost two years, Romain Zago, owner of Miami's Mynt Lounge. “As soon as I saw him, I called my sister and told her I just had this crazy feeling this guy is going to be my future husband,” she says. Soon after, the club hosted a party to celebrate her Ocean Drive cover, and the rest is history. “[After the party, I'd left Miami] and we basically fell in love over the phone and email; we hadn't even had our first kiss before we said, I love you, that's how crazy it was. He'd been asking me to marry him every day, then one day he actually had the ring and put it on my finger.”

While today the Polish-born Krupa is known the world over for her beauty, she confesses even cover girls go through a trial-and-error phase when mastering their look. “In high school, I thought I was hot, but when I look at pictures now, I want to burn them,” she laughs. “Pamela Anderson was my idol back then, so I had the dark, brown lip liner with the frosty lip gloss and the dark, dark eyes—it was a mess.”

So her makeup skills didn't come naturally, but enviably her flawless figure does. She'll occasionally hop on a Power Plate machine or go for a jog, but exercise is rarely on her to-do list. “I know some people are like freaks when it comes to working out; I'm just the opposite,” she says. “I really don't enjoy working out. I know I have to, but if I can avoid it, I do.”

Krupa much prefers spending her time chilling out at home or, on occasion, visiting Las Vegas. “When I go, I go for the weekend, because I can't go out more than once or twice in a three-day weekend or I'd really go crazy,” she says. “I love to see the shows there. I'm not much of a gambler, because every time I do gamble I lose everything. I'd rather go shopping than gamble my money away.”

Source: http://vegasmagazine.com/joanna-krupa.html

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 6th 2009, 1:22 am

yes, the picture would have been just as beautiful with something besides a cross covering her "parts" But it would have not been displayed on the news, gossip etc. shows. this is mega free publicity because a naked woman is holding a cross.
and publicity was the point.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 6th 2009, 7:46 am

That was a great article about Joanna! Thanks Happy!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 6th 2009, 8:51 am

mimTN wrote:
yes, the picture would have been just as beautiful with something besides a cross covering her "parts" But it would have not been displayed on the news, gossip etc. shows. this is mega free publicity because a naked woman is holding a cross.

Yes, mimTN, I agree with you...publicity was indeed the point. Such a beautiful young lady...I just don't get it, really.
And adrixoxo, what is offensive to me about this picture is that the cross is to be respected and revered always and covering up body parts with it is well just in bad taste, IMO. The point of it is lost on me, except for the free publicity. I felt the same when Madonna did her thing some years back.

ETA: Hey, to each his/her own. I am merely giving my opinion on this, not judging anyone. If Joanna and Peta make a lot of $$ from this ad, and a lot of animals are saved...good for them!!
God bless them.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5732
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 7th 2009, 2:02 am

mimTN wrote:

I felt bad after I left it this way, I took the "safe" way out. I wanted to add but if we could ask Jesus if we could use his cross to prevent suffering and death of some of God's creatures I think he would say, Of course, use it. It kept eating at me, so I have been praying about it. a few min. ago this thought came into my head, simply, That is not my cross.
so now I know "the rest of how I feel". I don't mind that cross because it has nothing to do with the cross of my Lord. That cross is an ugly, wood, blood stained cross.

sorry, but this was just eating at me.
I am done with this subject.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 7th 2009, 7:10 am

mimTN wrote:
mimTN wrote:

I felt bad after I left it this way, I took the "safe" way out. I wanted to add but if we could ask Jesus if we could use his cross to prevent suffering and death of some of God's creatures I think he would say, Of course, use it. It kept eating at me, so I have been praying about it. a few min. ago this thought came into my head, simply, That is not my cross.
so now I know "the rest of how I feel". I don't mind that cross because it has nothing to do with the cross of my Lord. That cross is an ugly, wood, blood stained cross.

sorry, but this was just eating at me.
I am done with this subject.

As am I!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 9
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-