Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 23rd 2009, 10:27 pm

I like Mya, and she would deserve it if she won. However, her personality doesn't shine across as well as the others, and it will affect her in the end. I still think Donny's fanbase will give him the win.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 23rd 2009, 10:56 pm

Donny and Kym FTW! They were wonderful tonight! I gave them all my votes. I liked Mya too, but she just lacks something..can't quite put my finger on it. I think Kelly has really worked hard, but I don't think she should win the coveted mirror ball trophy.(MOO) I said early on that the final 2 would be Mya and Donny and I stick by that!
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14847
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 1:45 am

Mya is a great dancer and if she wins, she deserves it, BUT I agree with most of you, she lacks something and I can't figure out what it is.
Donny's freestyle was GREAT tonight and I think he's going to win.
I would love it if Kelly pulled off the upset and won. I think she has a good chance of sneaking in there and taking it all. Or that is my wish anyway LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 3:32 pm

Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See
TENDER HEART: Moments before the show ended, a video recap of the night aired on the studio monitors. The three couples took their marks on the dance floor, except for Donny Osmond. Downright giddy after receiving a perfect score for his freestyle routine, Osmond ran across the dance floor to embrace his sister Marie Osmond. Tears welled up in his eyes as his sister congratulated him. After the show, the famous siblings shared another tender moment and once again, Donny had trouble holding back his emotions. “I lost it with Marie,” Donny told PEOPLE, dabbing his eyes with a tissue. “Last week I blamed her for being a distraction in the audience. This week when I saw her, it was just the opposite. She was here supporting me and gave me what I needed to leave it all on the floor.”
BALLROOM WHITNEY: Pop queen Whitney Houston graced the ballroom following Monday night’s live show. Houston was on hand to pre-tape two musical numbers, which will air during Tuesday night’s live results show. Ten of Dancing’s pros, including Lacey Schwimmer, strutted their stuff while Houston sang her popular 1980s anthem “I Wanna Dance With Somebody.” “She is literally an icon. We were rehearsing this morning and she walked in and we were all staring at her,” Schwimmer said after the performance. “It was like a goddess walked in. We talked to her and she was the nicest! She didn’t have to do that and she did. Who gets to dance for Whitney Houston, and to her biggest dance song? It was such a cool experience.” And Schwimmer says if Houston ever wants to come back as a contestant, “that would be awesome. If she did, all of the guys would be fighting over who gets to dance with her for sure!”

HOST WITH THE MOST: If there’s anything Tom Bergeron doesn’t do, it’s miss out on a comedic opportunity. Minutes before Monday night’s show went live on the air, judges Carrie Ann Inaba and Len Goodman walked to their seats. But where was Bruno Tonioli? Warm-up comedian Cory Almeida called out, “Where’s our third judge? I guess we’re only going with two judges tonight.” That’s when Bergeron jumped up onto the platform, and then again onto the judges’ table. Channeling the flamboyant Italian judge, Bergeron swiveled his hips, much to the delight of the crowd. Tonioli walked onto the stage and could barely contain himself. The two men hugged and laughed, then returned to their rightful spots moments before show time.
IT AIN’T OVER YET: They received the lowest scores Monday night, but Louis van Amstel and Kelly Osbourne weren’t about to let that discourage them. “It ain’t over yet,” van Amstel said backstage after the show. “We have been getting tremendous fan votes and not one week have we [campaigned]. But now we’re saying ‘vote!’ We have one more dance tomorrow night, so don’t count us out.” Pro Lacey Schwimmer agrees that Osbourne does have a fighting chance against the higher scoring Mya and Donny Osmond. “Kelly has the personality and for that alone, people want to watch her and want to root for her.” Schwimmer went on to say that the other two finalists were pretty amazing to watch too. “Donny is such a performer and Mya is the most polished of all. It can go any way. The scores are pretty close, but I think the fan votes will decide the winner.” Mark Ballas, meantime, had a clear vision of who will be crowned the season nine champ Tuesday night. “I think Donny’s got it. He completely played his cards right with the Broadway show dance. Kym looked beautiful tonight, too.”
STAR POWER: There’s nothing like a finale to bring out a cast of who’s who in the audience. Dionne Warwick was on hand for the show, as were former DWTS contestants Steve Wozniak, Lisa Rinna, Harry Hamlin, Jane Seymour, Marie Osmond, Maurice Green, Denise Richards and Gilles Marini. Female fans in the balcony seats called out to Marini during a commercial break and he kindly waved back. During the next commercial break, they called out to the French actor again, and this time Marini bounded up the staircase to the balcony, where he embraced as many fans as he could before returning to his seat. Not one to disappoint, during the following commercial break, he visited with fans seated in the ballroom’s other balcony.—Elaine Aradillas

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 4:39 pm

Just a reminder. DWTS Finale, tonight. Two hours. 9 to 11 eastern.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 4:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your comments. Let's get right down to it, shall we?

I've gotten a lot of reactions about my tweet last night about Mya and Dmitry's paso doble looking similar to mine and Mel's. There is no way I'm going to get out of this sounding like an angel, but that dance was copied. I'm flattered, but contrary to what people think, I am not upset about it and don't look it in a negative light. It was a fantastic dance and I didn't say anything derogatory about it. Mel called me yesterday and I got messages from thousands of people on Twitter about it. Mel loved it! We both loved it! They did their thing. I was like, "Bam! Awesome!" Mya's an incredible dancer and it was a well-deserved 30. To my and Mel's supporters who are mad, don't take it personally. To everybody who's mad about my tweet and think I'm insulting Mya and Dmitry, please read it again. I never said anything bad about her dance. Not one bad thing. Why would I be upset? This is not the first time someone's emulated it. On top of that, the paso doble's a very generic dance. A kick or a pivot is not necessarily copying all the time; it's doing paso doble.

Mya and Dima had a great paso, but their freestyle was a disappointment. Dmitry dropped the ball. What happened was what we thought may happen: Mya danced incredibly with what she was given. Maybe it's Dima's inexperience or coming off So You Think You Can Dance affected him, but he didn't approach the freestyle properly. This is your chance to showcase your dancer. After all this time, you know what viewers are looking for, what the judges are looking for. I agreed with the judges. Mya did her thing, but there was no showmanship about it. It stayed on the same level. Nothing really exciting happened in their freestyle, which is supposed to wow you. I am impressed with Mya's dance ability, but I am not impressed with that dance. I love Mya. I've been a fan of hers from the beginning. She's the best dancer on the show. That's the case since day one. But this is Dancing with the Stars and I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's not going to win.

I don't think the Mega Mix will make a difference. The results were exactly what I've been saying in terms of dance ability.

I think Kelly will probably end up in third place and I'm OK with that. I think she and Louis are OK with that too. She was such a joy to watch during all her dances. Unfortunately during their freestyle, Kelly was so oiled up from the fake tan that she started slipping out from Louis' grip and that's why she had those fumbles. But the best part about it was that she laughed through it all. She didn't let herself be bothered by it and you can tell she wanted to enjoy the moment and go all out. She's the Cinderella story, the underdog who nobody thought would be there, just riding that wave. She's won over a huge amount of fans and a lot of friends all due to her personality. I congratulated Louis with his first final. Making the final is a big deal for us. It's a level of achievement. He worked with Kelly's strengths and weaknesses very well. My favorite aspect of Kelly's performances was that she kept it very light. Her mood was excited and it was very cool to see.

That leaves Donny, who I'm picking to win. I think that he peaked at the right moment. He had problems last week with his mess-up and how he completely lost it during the dance. Everybody looked at him, going, "He really needs to bring it in the finale." And he brought it. We all watched his cha-cha backstage and the first 30 seconds — with the hip action, legs, locksteps — made us all go, "Wow, look at him do this!" He went all out. What I like about him is that he also went all out lightly. He wasn't tense or tight. It was great to see him happy and smile.

His freestyle is exactly who he is. He's an old-school entertainer with new-school ability. He withstood the test of time and in the package he said he wanted to show he can keep with everyone despite his age. Age is no limitation. He's in great shape. It was exciting, it was showy, fun to watch and met your expectations and more. That's the difference between his and Mya's freestyles. Watching Mya's freestyle was like watching a professional performer, expecting something fantastic, and it wasn't what you expected. You expect something incredible and amazing, but you only get a generic dance. It's a letdown. Was it bad? Not at all. But there was no excitement, no tricks, no lifts — it's the freestyle, so throw a few in. It wasn't a show-dance like Donny's was. I applaud Kym doing her thing. She put it all together and made it suit him perfectly.

I know Mya disagreed with Dima on what she wanted to do in the freestyle, but at the end of the day, I think it's the choreographer's choice to make the final decision because we're the ones who have to choreograph it. Dima had an idea with Hairspray. That's fine, great. It's a great idea with a show-stopping song. I have no problem with that choice; I have a problem with the execution. It was fast and going non-stop, but it was a blur. You vividly remember things from Donny's performance, but nothing from Mya's. You just remember them doing things next to each other. You can remember Donny's performance and the kicks, the lifts and how they started at the stairs. That's the difference and that's what decides it in viewers' minds. The scores also reflected it. The judges were very sound and valid with their scores, which I was happy to see.

I will miss the after-party and the episode because I'll be hopping on a plane back to New York with Kym to rehearse for Burn the Floor. I can't wait to get back and get onstage. Our theater is not very large, but it's intimate and there are 1,000 enthusiasts every show. People are standing and clapping. There's a huge crowd outside and we've had to hire more security. We literally were causing traffic. It's very rewarding. I can't wait!

I also want to make clear that there is no competition between Dima and me, like people have been implying and suggesting. I'm sorry if my criticism of Mya and Dmitry has offended you, but there is no competition or jealousy between us. I don't compete with anybody but myself. My biggest competition is me and the goals that I set out for myself. I want everybody to relax, enjoy life and enjoy Dancing with the Stars. For everybody who thinks he's cuter than me or hotter than me or a better dancer than me, congratulations. I never said I was the hottest thing, the cutest thing or the most amazing dancer. I have never advertised myself. "I would've done that better." Never! I give my honest opinion — my opinion. It's an opinion of one person who is educated enough to give his opinion on this matter. If somebody wants to debate with me on ballroom dancing, technique, showmanship, footwork, music choices, move selection, costume selection, anything Dancing with the Stars, bring it. I will go as far as setting up a separate forum board to debate. But please, when you debate me, don't accuse me of being jealous of Dima or Derek or Mark or Tony or anyone. You have to come to me with a legitimate statement.

I have to say my favorite class in school was debate. I was trying to learn English and it was a challenge, but a fun one. In order to prepare for a debate, you have to be well-read and well-spoken during it. You needed your language skills at a certain level. I loved when I could formulate sentences that had a complete thought. My problem was that I could never pick a side, whether it was on abortion or some political issues or anything. It's not because I didn't know which side I belonged to, but those are strong matters, and I could argue both sides. I had that devil's advocate side to me. It's about the whole argument, but it's about proving your point and bringing it across. I pride myself on the fact that I can because of where I come from and we weren't allowed to express our opinion to this extent.

I'm blessed with the fact that people understand me, or understand me better than they have before whether it has been through Twitter or this blog or other media. No matter how much I try to stay politically correct, I fail. I read it back and I say, "This isn't me." I want to say this, so why do I have to settle for this? There are a lot of people who say things, but they don't say anything in their message. They're just talking to fill up the time. I made the analogy before about ESPN anchors saying something generic that has no meaning. I don't want to do that. I love exercising the freedom of expression. I'm free to express my opinion. If someone doesn't like it, I respect that. But nobody will ever shut me down.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

Maks
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 9:59 pm

As expected...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 10:54 pm

Janelle's#1Fan wrote:
As expected...

Spoiler:

Also

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 10:57 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Janelle's#1Fan wrote:
As expected...

Spoiler:

Also

Spoiler:

I agree Happy. I bet Joanna and Derek would have blown them all away with their free style.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 11:05 pm

Buxom wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Janelle's#1Fan wrote:
As expected...

Spoiler:

Also

Spoiler:

I agree Happy. I bet Joanna and Derek would have blown them all away with their free style.

Don't you know it! I would have loved to have seem them dance the free style.From reading Joanna's tweets she was really dissapointed too.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 11:06 pm

I loved the season and I absolutely love Donny!
My favorite dance of the evening was Chelsie/Louie dancing to Donny's "Puppy Love"...very sweet dance and Louie couldn't stop smiling.
Back to top Go down
heyhay28
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5170
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 11:16 pm

ebowers wrote:
My favorite dance of the evening was Chelsie/Louie dancing to Donny's "Puppy Love"...very sweet dance and Louie couldn't stop smiling.

I liked that dance as well but wasn't it kind of awkward when the hosts were talking to them afterwords and Samantha said whatever she said about them "not dating" Samantha sucks as a host IMO and she is one of the few things that I really dislike about the show, I just thought there is yet another example of why I don't like her

Samantha is her name right, I don't like her so I have never really paid attention
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 24th 2009, 11:25 pm

heyhay28 wrote:
ebowers wrote:

I liked that dance as well but wasn't it kind of awkward when the hosts were talking to them afterwords and Samantha said whatever she said about them "not dating" Samantha sucks as a host IMO and she is one of the few things that I really dislike about the show, I just thought there is yet another example of why I don't like her

Samantha is her name right, I don't like her so I have never really paid attention

I thought when Samantha said that, that she really had just given it away that they are dating IRL!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14847
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 1:29 am

Congratulations to Donny. I knew he would win. I enjoyed the season because of Kelly. When does the next season begin? Maybe Kelly's brother Jack will be on it Wink
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 4:49 am

Donny Osmond on DWTS Win: I don't think I've worked harder for any accolade"

While rushing off to the airport to appear on Good Morning America, Dancing With The Stars victor Donny Osmond got on the phone with EW.com to talk about his (not-so-surprising) win, his body aches, and how he plans to torture sister Marie with his shiny new prize.
EW: Did you think you would win?
Donny: You always hope you can win. This morning when I got up it was like, it could go any way. Kelly was the fan favorite, but Mya was the better dancer. I was worried, I didn’t know what was going to happen. When Tom called our names, it was a dream come true.
How much do you think Monday’s freestyle dance had to do with your win?
Everything. That was the breakthrough. This whole journey has been up and down, it hasn’t been consistent. Yesterday marked a breakthrough week for us, especially by what the judges said to us. Kym’s concept — everything she did for it — was spot on.
Did you collaborate or did she have it all planned out?
We collaborated. Initially it was her choice. She wanted to do Broadway right from the get-go. But the judges always said, “You are performing too much, get the technique down.” Kym said, “Let’s bring out the performer and do Broadway.” We had the idea of being backstage with the dressing table and all that kind of stuff. We took chances with the gimmicks but there are no rules so we said let’s go for it. That was the breakthrough.
A lot of attention was given to your “old age” even though you are far from the oldest contestant DWTS has ever had. Did the producers goad you into focusing on that storyline? Did you really talk about your age that much?
We did talk about it. It was an interesting story. I am the oldest recipient to receive the mirror ball trophy. I’m almost 52. And I’m not trying to hide it either. It was an angle that the producers were interested in, but it wasn’t the only thing they anchored on.
How do you plan to torture Marie with your disco ball trophy?
Oh I don’t know … I should put it outside her door so when she walks out she will see it [laughs]. I was joking to the press that I should put it on top of my house with a spotlight and a rotating beacon so all of Utah can see! All joking aside, one of the nicest moments for me was when I pulled her out at the very end. There were three things that I’ll always remember…one, when I saw Kym’s face when it was announced that we won, when I pulled my wife out on stage with us and when I pulled Marie out and she got to hold the trophy.
Which part of your body hurts right now?
Everything. I’ve been dancing on a broken toe since week 3.
Besides the week when you got sick, was there ever a time you felt like you hit the wall and didn’t want to go on?
Yes, it was Sunday night. I thought I couldn’t do this. I was lying down and saying I don’t think I can do this. Kym was so determined. She said, “We have to do it one more time.” From the get-go there were a lot of motivating factors to keep you going and one of the biggest ones was that Kym has finished in second twice. This is her first one, she wanted it so badly. That was a main motivation.
Where does this rank in terms of your career achievements?
Right at the top because I don’t think I’ve worked harder for any accolade than I have this one. When you record an album and it goes platinum … yeah, you’re in the studio and you work hard for months, but it’s not like your whole body hurts. Maybe you get a little hoarse and tired. But on Dancing With the Stars, everything hurts.
Settle the debate once and for all: Sequins or fringe?
Definitely sequins, Leave the fringe to the ladies. I’ll take the sequins.

Source: EW.com

Back to top Go down
katydidit
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 5:34 am

I'm so happy Donnie won. I don't root for to many that come up winning, so I'm going to enjoy this one. I had a real good feeling he would win, when his last dance was performed so well. Yayyyy, Donnie..wooo hooo ..Smile
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 6:21 am

Embarassed I fell asleep the last half hour. How lame is that?! Not surprised at the winner or the finish. I was entertained all season...well, once the 'fillers' were booted LOL

I'm going to try to catch that last half hour online.

(can't believe I did that lol)
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 8:16 am

I knew it would finish that way. Knew Kelly would go out third with Donny ending up winning.

I loved this season with the exception of Joanna going home. Would have loved to have seen her in the finals. I still think Donny would have won. In fact I think it was a done deal since week 1. Bet his fan base was huge!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 6:39 pm

Carrie Ann Inaba to Undergo Surgery

Dancing With the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba tells PEOPLE she is scheduled to have surgery Wednesday morning in Los Angeles to relieve pressure and stiffness in her neck caused by spinal stenosis.
“I have arthritis. The space around my spinal cord has become compressed,” Inaba explains. “I have been locked. My neck was so stiff. We’re hoping this procedure will relieve that.”
Spinal stenosis occurs when the spinal canal narrows, putting pressure on one or more areas of the spinal cord. The condition can be caused by arthritis or an injury.
“I’ll be fine and if this surgery goes well, I may have another one in the future,” Inaba says, noting that she still plans to attend the Dizzy Feet Foundation’s Celebration of Dance fundraiser on Sunday, November 29 in Los Angeles. Inaba is one of Dizzy Feet’s founding members. — Monica Rizzo

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 25th 2009, 6:44 pm

Exclusive: DWTS Performer Goes Topless in New PETA Ad

What an angel!
Dancing with the Stars alum -- and Playboy's December cover model -- Joanna Krupa reveals her support for animal rights in an eye-popping new ad campaign for PETA.
Flashback! See what some of DWTS contestants looked like way back when
In this exclusive preview of the "Be an Angel for Animals" campaign, Krupa (wearing angel wings) is joined by her dog, Rugby.
Check out these incredible DWTS body makeovers!
On Dec. 1, the model will lead a protest outside a Los Angeles pet store that sells dogs and puppies from "puppy mills.
"We're trying to spread the word that breeding isn't the way to go," Krupa says in a PETA interview.
Look back on the ninth season of DWTS with this slideshow
"Somebody needs to put their foot down and stop this breeding and these puppy mills. … they're in these little tiny cages, and all they're doing is breeding their whole life. It makes me so angry that our government doesn't do anything about it. So I am!"

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 26th 2009, 3:34 am

Dancing with the Stars out at the after-pary post Finale Show.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 26th 2009, 6:19 pm

I posted some pictures and they are not showing up? Can you guys see them?

ETA: There were more than the two above.

Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 26th 2009, 6:23 pm

I only see the two Happy.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 26th 2009, 6:29 pm

Diva wrote:
I only see the two Happy.

Thanks Diva,I don't know where they went?

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 28th 2009, 8:22 am

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

OfficialMBallas

@ a bar with my cuzins and PYT just came on, woooo that makes me think of season 8 with my lil @shawneyj lol get it guuuuuurl,

about 8 hours ago from UberTwitter
Back to top Go down
ecatcool
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 28th 2009, 4:16 pm

They danced to that song.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 29th 2009, 9:25 pm

This is just a random thought...but, wouldn't it be nice to have a DWTS Christmas special? All the favorite celebrity/pro dancers could dance to Christmas songs! I could see Mel B and Maks dancing to Baby, It's Cold Outside and Nick and Cheryl dancing to Rockin Around the Christmas Tree! There've been some great couples!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 29th 2009, 9:28 pm

ebowers wrote:
This is just a random thought...but, wouldn't it be nice to have a DWTS Christmas special? All the favorite celebrity/pro dancers could dance to Christmas songs! I could see Mel B and Maks dancing to Baby, It's Cold Outside and Nick and Cheryl dancing to Rockin Around the Christmas Tree! There've been some great couples!

Fantastic idea ebowers! I'd watch, for sure!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 29th 2009, 9:57 pm

Mappy wrote:
ebowers wrote:

I would too
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 29th 2009, 9:58 pm

Mappy wrote:
ebowers wrote:

I would definitely love that....but with Cheryl you mean Drew right? Tony and Melissa.....I could go on and on with my favs, Mark and Sabrina

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 29th 2009, 10:47 pm

Yes, lovin, I did indeed mean Drew! I bet the outfits would be spectacular...all Christmasy and glittery. And Donny and Kym could dance with Marie and Tony! I just love those Osmonds!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 29th 2009, 10:51 pm

ebowers wrote:
Yes, lovin, I did indeed mean Drew! I bet the outfits would be spectacular...all Christmasy and glittery. And Donny and Kym could dance with Marie and Tony! I just love those Osmonds!!

I would love a Christmas show for sure! And I would love it if Nick Lachey would be on the show too! LOL he's HOT! Not sure who I'd pair him with with, I wouldn't really want him with Cheryl though.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   November 30th 2009, 1:57 am

Mark & Lacey at the Dizzyfeet

Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 2nd 2009, 6:06 pm

Joanna Krupa
’s new PETA ad may be sexy — but it’s not getting any love among Catholics.
The Playboy cover girl and Dancing With the Stars alum led a PETA protest today outside Barkworks, a Los Angeles pet store that sells puppies, even though hundreds of puppies and dogs remain homeless in city animal shelters. At the protest, Joanna also unveiled the new racy campaign titled ‘Be an Angel for Animals.’
“It’s totally inappropriate,” Deal Hudson, publisher of Inside Catholic, tells Fox News. “It’s another instance of disrespect toward Christianity and another example of the kind of abuse that would never occur with any other major religion, because the outcry would be so immediate and so loud that the people behind it would immediately retreat.”
As for Joanna’s reponse? “It’s understandable that the Catholic League is wary of another sex scandal, but the sex we’re talking about pertains to dogs and cats,” she says. “As a practicing Catholic, I am shocked that the Catholic League is speaking out against my PETA ads, which I am very proud of. I’m doing what the Catholic Church should be doing, working to stop senseless suffering of animals, the most defenseless of god’s creation. I am a voice for innocent animals who are being neglected and dumped by the millions at shelters. In my heart I know that Jesus would never condone the suffering that results when dogs and cats are allowed to breed.”

Stepping out in support of her latest PETA campaign, Joanna Krupa was spotted at the Westside Pavilion in Los Angeles yesterday (December 1).

The former Playboy Playmate spoke with the press and greeted fans as she introduced her new ‘angelic’ poster for the animal rights organization.

And though Miss Krupa says she’s perfectly comfortable appearing nude on the advertisement, many Christians are taking issue with the fact that she’s holding a crucifix to cover her breasts and genitals in the picture.

One protester told FOX Pop Tarts, “It’s totally inappropriate. It’s another instance of disrespect toward Christianity and another example of the kind of abuse that would never occur with any other major religion, because the outcry would be so immediate and so loud that the people behind it would immediately retreat.”

Krupa shot back, “I think worrying about going topless in a photo shoot or film is really ridiculous. And the fact is, Pope John Paul said, since we were born naked, it is art, and it’s just showing a beautiful body that God created

[/b]
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 2nd 2009, 8:28 pm

Does anyone know where the 12 plus photos I posted went? Were they deleted? If they were not I will post them again,Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 2nd 2009, 9:48 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Does anyone know where the 12 plus photos I posted went? Were they deleted? If they were not I will post them again,Thanks.

When did you post them Happy? I've only seen the Joanna ones added today.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 3rd 2009, 6:21 pm

The cross picture doesn't bother me. Gosh Joanna is absolutely breathtaking isn't she?
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 3rd 2009, 6:55 pm

Mappy wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

When did you post them Happy? I've only seen the Joanna ones added today.

The day after Donny won his Disco ball.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 3rd 2009, 8:38 pm

As beautiful as Joanna is, I think this is in very poor taste. I think she did it to get people talking about the campaign to save the animals. Really, why else would she pose naked with the holy cross covering her boobs and vajayjay??? I think, as lovely as she is, posing as an angel, wearing a beautiful satin white robe, with the dogs around her, would've gotten the point across better. Now, she has people upset with her and Peta.
This is only the opinion of one proud Catholic woman...
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   December 4th 2009, 7:13 am

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

happy, i see little red squares.....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 9   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 9
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: