all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Liann
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 23rd 2009, 8:33 pm

Looks like it's gonna be another fun season!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 23rd 2009, 8:49 pm

I forgot it was on, just started watching at 9:30.
Back to top Go down
Liann
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 23rd 2009, 9:06 pm

There were these boy dancers earlier that had SO much energy, I like em. There was this one guy who turned his feet around and WALKED! - ick
Back to top Go down
maltese
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 1st 2009, 8:13 pm

I like this guy!!

[b]The stone.[/b].......after the throw. The word......after it's said. The occasion......after it's missed. The time.....after it's gone.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 1st 2009, 8:25 pm

I love these moments in life.....sniff sniff...
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 1st 2009, 9:04 pm

maltese wrote:
I like this guy!!

Maltese, thank you so much for showing this.
My sister called me today and was talking about this man and she sounded like she was all choked up...I asked if she was crying and she said "yes, and you would too if you saw this man".
I just saw him in your video and I am my sister's Irish twin in more ways than one.... big cry big cry big cry
I love this man too!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm

Thia is a must watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YdhCyl8sQQ

Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 8th 2009, 10:09 pm

I don't watch this show, but I happened to check it out before and I have one thing to say after seeing Lawrence Beaman: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you see him? I played his audition back 5x. That's how much I loved his singing. What did you think?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 9th 2009, 5:52 am

thatbrat, did you cry too when he cried??

Google his name, he has his own website and you can listen to songs he already has for sale now.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 9th 2009, 7:20 am

I surprisingly didn't cry, Wilde, but I was touched. At first I thought he would be bad with that deep voice, but as the song progressed, I was in awe. I can see him on Broadway with a voice like that. I must have listened to that song at least 6 times in a row:)
Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   July 9th 2009, 10:26 am

I loved that Skinner guy!Beautiful voice....made me cry!..Thanks Maltese! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 16944

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   January 9th 2010, 5:58 pm

Thought for whoever watches, you would like to know.

GiulianaRancic

I just heard Howie Mandel is replacing The Hoff on America's Got Talent. I think he's a good choice. You?

about 1 hour ago

from UberTwitter
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   January 9th 2010, 8:08 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Thought for whoever watches, you would like to know.

GiulianaRancic

I just heard Howie Mandel is replacing The Hoff on America's Got Talent. I think he's a good choice. You?

about 1 hour ago

from UberTwitter

I thought Hoff was awful on the show so I think Howie will be much better.

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5714
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   January 10th 2010, 3:32 am

I have never been much of a Hoff fan, but don't dislike him etiher, if he is there, okay, if not, that's okay too.

BUT, I am a Howie fan, think he is so interesting and funny, can't wait to hear his comments and see his reaction to some of the early contestants.
Back to top Go down
Ro

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   January 10th 2010, 4:21 am

I love this show! I didn't even know it started - dang, I missed the 1st episode! I hate that!! Was it on tonight?
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   January 10th 2010, 5:07 am

bblover wrote:
I love this show! I didn't even know it started - dang, I missed the 1st episode! I hate that!! Was it on tonight?

I don't think it is on yet, think this was just announcement about Howie replacing the Hoff.

lol, I could be wrong, if so I missed it too.

Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   April 26th 2010, 12:17 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/index.jsp

'America's Got Talent' pacts with YouTube

Acts can submit videos to be voted on; 12 to perform on show

By James Hibberd

April 25, 2010, 11:00 PM ET

NBC and the producers of "America's Got Talent" are partnering with YouTube to put the show's audition process online.

Starting Monday, acts can upload their videos onto a special page on the video-sharing site to be in consideration for the summer show. From the submitted videos, producers from FremantleMedia North America will select 40 to be posted on a "Got Talent" YouTube channel for users to vote on. A total of 12 acts from YouTube submissions will perform live on the NBC show.

" 'Expect the unexpected' has always been core to the success of 'AGT'," said Paul Telegdy, executive vp alternative programming at NBC. "This audacious new twist to the audition process offers our viewers not only a priceless golden ticket to get onto the biggest stage in the country in the middle of the competition, but also the opportunity for a thrilling live show where anything can happen. No other show would dare to take on this challenge."

"Got Talent" videos have frequently become viral sensations on YouTube after airing, from last season's winner Kevin Skinner to the U.K. version's Susan Boyle. This arrangement gives NBC another portal to finding talent and helps generate buzz for the show, which returns June 1 with Howie Mandel joining the judges' table. The submission site is www.youtube.com/americasgottalent.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   April 26th 2010, 8:03 pm

Zap2it

Via: http://www.mjsbigblog.com
'America's Got Talent' judges weigh in on 'American Idol's' empty seat

By Jacqueline Cutler
|
April 26, 2010 6:43 PM ET

While former "American Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe isn't shy about sharing what he thinks "Idol" needs to do next season with judge Simon Cowell's vacated spot, the judges for that other reality competition show -- "America's Got Talent" are bit more measured.

"It's a bit like following Sinatra in Vegas," Piers Morgan says on a break between auditions for the new season of "AGT." "Those are very, very difficult shoes to fill.

"The big stars have commitments. 'Idol' is a four to five-month commitment."

Fellow judge Sharon Osbourne also agrees that it's a "tough call," and can only suggest the previously offered up contenders Elton John and Howard Stern as possible Simon replacements.

Meanwhile, Howie Mandel, himself a new judge on the block as he's filling David Hasselhoff's seat starting this year, has a unique perspective on things.

"Whoever they could get will not be a replacement," Mandel says. "It will be something totally different."

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 1st 2010, 7:43 pm

Okay, watching the first show, right now!
Anybody else watchiing with me?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 1st 2010, 7:56 pm

No, Mim, I'm not watching...well, at least tonight. I'm expanding my vocabulary and kitchen skills watching Hell's Kitchen demon banana We'll eventually get sick of listening to Ramsay's blustering and will watch AGT... until we get tired of Piers blustering and go back to Ramsay. Vicious circle lol
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 1st 2010, 8:02 pm

Mappy wrote:
No, Mim, I'm not watching...well, at least tonight. I'm expanding my vocabulary and kitchen skills watching Hell's Kitchen demon banana We'll eventually get sick of listening to Ramsay's blustering and will watch AGT... until we get tired of Piers blustering and go back to Ramsay. Vicious circle lol

Piers started doing just that, Howie said, let me say to you what I say when on my couch, Shut Up! they are good. Piers started talking again, Sharon said, "didn't you hear him, "shut up! Then Howies looked at Sharon, said, "lets vote, they both voted as Piers started to talk again. LOL, it was funnier to watch than to type.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 1st 2010, 11:23 pm

mimTN wrote:
Okay, watching the first show, right now!
Anybody else watchiing with me?

Yes!!! I liked the Veteran's choir group and the last young man that performed...very inspiring...those two acts. I'm not a Howie fan, but thought that he did an excellent job tonight and his excitement just to be there was evident. Good entertainment!!!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 1st 2010, 11:29 pm

I love the beginning of the seasons, there are such varied talents that show up. This show makes me smile. I am easy, like that. Make me smile and you got me, make me laugh and you own my heart. lol
Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 9:23 am

Mim,I watched for the first time last night.I couldn't believe they passed that 3 person act that stuck things in their nose and cheeks!(not my idea of entertainment)LOL...Bur I did like the homeless vets and the last young man with the sad story.I'm glad that got the nod!I think I'll watch it again.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 10:58 am

FRANGA wrote:
Mim,I watched for the first time last night.I couldn't believe they passed that 3 person act that stuck things in their nose and cheeks!(not my idea of entertainment)LOL...Bur I did like the homeless vets and the last young man with the sad story.I'm glad that got the nod!I think I'll watch it again.

That is normal. The way this has worked in past years is they will pass a lot of novelty acts, a few really strange ones and then the ones that have real talent. That way when they get all the acts to LA for the final push to the end they have a good cross section of everything.
It is truly a "Variety Show" in the tradtion of the old Ed Sullivan show.

oooops, just dated my self again.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 4:53 pm

Do you guys miss the Hoff?

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 5:09 pm

I don't. nothing against the Hoff, can take him or leave him.
But I am Howie fan so I am good.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 6:47 pm

mimTN wrote:
FRANGA wrote:

That is normal. The way this has worked in past years is they will pass a lot of novelty acts, a few really strange ones and then the ones that have real talent. That way when they get all the acts to LA for the final push to the end they have a good cross section of everything.
It is truly a "Variety Show" in the tradtion of the old Ed Sullivan show.

oooops, just dated my self again.

Ed Sullivan Smile Happy memories.

In the Philadelphia area we also watched Ted Mack host The Original Amateur Hour. I think Connie Francis was discovered through that show.

And while I'm off topic a bit, I absolutely adored Carol Burnett Show. So much laugher over the years.

Back on topic... I haven't watched yet but I'll be happy to see Howie. The Hoff ...well, I have nothing nice to say so I'll leave it at 'I hope he's doing well.'
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 7:27 pm

I also loved Carol Burnett, and Sonny and Cher. lol, I just loved variety type shows, so no surprise I love Americas Got Talent. It is on again tonight, I think.
Right now watching Toxic towns USA on CNN. not such fun to watch, actually pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 7:33 pm

mimTN wrote:
I also loved Carol Burnett, and Sonny and Cher. lol, I just loved variety type shows, so no surprise I love Americas Got Talent. It is on again tonight, I think.
Right now watching Toxic towns USA on CNN. not such fun to watch, actually pretty scary.

Revealing more... I loved Sonny and Cher and then Cher and Donny and Marie. Yeah, variety shows... Oh Dean Martin lol Loved his show lol Remember the Golddiggers? Jackie Gleason? I must stop lol
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 7:38 pm

Darn Mappy, yes I remember them all, add Smothers Brothers and Laugh-in.
Anyone reading this thread will know one thing if nothing else;
Us spending way to much time in front of tv is not a new development.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3138
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 8:22 pm

mimTN wrote:

Darn Mappy, yes I remember them all, add Smothers Brothers and Laugh-in.
Anyone reading this thread will know one thing if nothing else;
Us spending way to much time in front of tv is not a new development.

That sooo describes me and yes, I also remember most of those shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 2nd 2010, 8:25 pm

Thier in Dallas tonight and that one girl had the smallest upper lip I have ever seen.

Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 15th 2010, 8:05 pm

Okay, I am watching. Anyone watching with me?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 15th 2010, 8:43 pm

Shoot. Forgot it was on Alice. I haven't turned the tv on tonight. Once hubby is home it'll go on lol I'm an internet junkie :no:
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 16th 2010, 1:25 am

Mappy wrote:
Shoot. Forgot it was on Alice. I haven't turned the tv on tonight. Once hubby is home it'll go on lol I'm an internet junkie :no:

LOL, turns out I did not see much after i posted, I cut legs off old kitchen table so puter would sit low and I could sit in recliner when I am on line.
just few min after I posted I went sound asleep and slept til 11, lol, guess grands kicked my butt today. that and heat and humidity, I just snoozed away. in front of puter and tv.
hope I didn't post in my sleep, lol
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 16th 2010, 6:56 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 16th 2010, 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 16th 2010, 3:29 pm

Wow, she's amazing!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35312
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   June 16th 2010, 3:31 pm

Thanks happy. I hadn't watched the show yet. That was good!
I'm glad it's called "talent".
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?   

Back to top Go down

America's Got Talent- anyone else watching?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: