AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35507
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 9:12 am

Quote :
she said he was acting all the time.

And it's funny how different people read others. I have felt the same thing. LDP seems to be acting.. and sometimes I think his reactions are stilted and fake.

Lou hasn't always been a cool cucumber ( He's on his 4th marriage)
and

"On August 11, 2006, he was arrested for alleged domestic violence at his Los Angeles home following a dispute with his future wife, makeup artist Yvonne Boismier.[6] In December 2006, he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of domestic battery, and was sentenced to three years' probation. He also was ordered to undergo one year of domestic violence counseling and to serve 200 hours of community service"

I get the feeling that he is very much in control of himself.

Last edited by NancyB (admin) on June 18th 2009, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 9:16 am

Oh, and I don't like Steven Baldwin either. He is a dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 9:57 am

Wow, I didn't know that about Lou. He seems so very in control, I agree. I will be thinking about this as I watch him now...lol.
Back to top Go down
Liann
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 11:21 am

I'm with all of you as far as who I used to like or dislike. I've never liked LDP(fake), John, Janice(fake), or Patti(agenda) but now I don't care for Sanjia(spooky weird) or Torrie(princess) either. I like Holly cuz she seems Earthy and Steven I've always liked cuz he has a "to hell with what you think" attitude.

Surprisingly all the God talk isn't pissing me off now that Speidi are gone. I have a feeling they are editing Steven in a good way cuz I'm sure he talks about God a lot more than they are showing. If he is then Holly FTW!

btw I'm Catholic but I HATE someone shoving their beliefs down my throat LOL.
Back to top Go down
Beruthiel

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 11:43 am

I haven't got the hang of quoting properly, always screw it up, so I apologise for not entering the posts I'm referring to!
I had no idea about Lou's background, I was just taking him at face value, so thanks for the info, Nancy, that sure does make me think again about his controlled behaviour, wow!
That also makes me think better of Patti, because she's obviously more astute than I am, and come to think of it, those who are there with each other 24/7 are better able to judge than those of us who only get to see a fraction of their time there, and edited too.
I still like Stephen though, he's a little bit silly and not overly pushy, too much intensity turns me off, so he comes across as harmless, and not nasty or dangerous.
I didn't get the princess vibe from Torri, I must be missing something, she hasn't shrunk from some tough tasks, so I have to give her kudos, the thought of creepy crawlies down my bra or in my panties would freak me out, LOL!
I agree re Holly, the most normal and most calm and straightforward, no obvious agenda, but I still think Janice is really gross, and it's especially surprising in a woman of her age and experience, it's actually a bit shocking to see what she gets up to and seemingly has no shame.
The way it looks right now, Lou and John have the best chance at winning, and I guess it doesn't matter all that much who wins, since a charity will get the prize in the end.
I'm interested to see who will go tonight, that's for sure!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 12:10 pm

I miss Daniel, they were funny together. Can you imagine all four of those boys together growing up? I bet their Mother almost lost her mind with there antics.

I hope Sangay goes tonight.

Last edited by icecoffee on June 18th 2009, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 12:47 pm

Even though I wrote the above about LDP, I actually like him.. La Bamba will live forever!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Liann
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 7:31 pm

I'm NEVER speaking to Damein or Myleene again!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 8:08 pm

Spoiler:

Janice is annoying and John is a terrible leader.......IMO

Cool
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 8:15 pm

I didn't know that about Lou Diamond either. I did hear though that his first wife left him for Melissa Ethridge Shocked Nancy, I must have watched La Bamba a hundred times, he rocked in that movie and thank you very much for sticking that song in my head for the rest of the night lol.

ice, you leave my little Sangay alone fuss and fight Very Happy I swear every time that kid cries, I cry too.

I'm glad I decided to tune into the show, it's been fun to watch it. I think it will be either John or Lou Diamond that wins.
Back to top Go down
cruzlvr
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 18th 2009, 9:12 pm

Beruthiel wrote:

I had no idea about Lou's background, I was just taking him at face value, so thanks for the info, Nancy, that sure does make me think again about his controlled behaviour, wow!
That also makes me think better of Patti, because she's obviously more astute than I am, and come to think of it, those who are there with each other 24/7 are better able to judge than those of us who only get to see a fraction of their time there, and edited too.

Well if you look at it that way, we have only seen Patti say that she thought LDP was acting the whole time out there. All the rest seem to think very highly of him. So his patty astute or gossipy against the one everyone else likes and trying to stir the pot. They even voted him for leader again after being leader for a week. I don't think that would have happened if they all didn't like him

And as someone else pointed out, as we know from BB you can't act 24/7 so I would think if he slipped one of the players would have said something by now that might have been shown on the show.

I guess if my first spouse left me for someone of the same sex I would have trust issues and hence maybe why so many marriages. I have no clue what happened nor ever read about his domestic violence so can't make or comment or make any judgments. Maybe by his being on probation and taking the classes or whatever, he has changed.

So as far as the show goes I have liked how he has been portrayed and is one of my favs.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 19th 2009, 8:50 pm

Seriously, don't look if you don't want to know lol. Anyway, it might not even be true.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 19th 2009, 8:53 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Seriously, don't look if you don't want to know lol. Anyway, it might not even be true.

Spoiler:

Well I already posted about the foreclosure.. so that wouldn't be it.. or the money since it's charity.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 19th 2009, 9:11 pm

Access Hollywood has it confirmed, so I guess it's true. No one seems to know the reason though.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 19th 2009, 9:13 pm

Jack'd wrote:

Spoiler:

WOW!
Thanks, Jack'd.
Back to top Go down
Beruthiel

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 2:53 am

Re Stephen - Aww... I don't want him to go, and JANICE said he was her pick to win, in the very brief interview they had after she and Holly left the camp.
Another quandary to wonder about, no wonder these shows drive you mad, things happen and you never ever find out the truth of why!

Funny about La Bamba, I've seen LDP in many other things but can't remember if I ever watched that film. He was guesting on Numbers last season, and played a very intense character. I enjoyed watching him, he's got charisma, even if he has an odd, not the usual kind of handsome, face.

As for the eliminations, hooray for being delivered from having to watch Janice, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving 'celebrity', but I'm sorry that Holly left, she was a breath of fresh air, compared to those nutcases her sister and brother-in-law.

What the heck happened to John? Power went to his head, and telling everyone to be good little boys and girls and to wash their hands before food might be right and sensible, but the way he talks to the others, and the things he says in private to Patti, he's pretty darn spiteful and mean-spirited about the others.
Re Patti, Stephen said in the confessional that Patti is experienced in the political life, and hinted at her having a devious side. That would make him more observant than some of the others, because I'm thinking that she IS stirring it up and might very well be working on John, so that his worse side comes out. Hmmm...

No wonder I'm a BB addict, watching people deal with each other and changing circumstances is fascinating, as Mr. Spock used to say!

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 9:22 am

I was also bummed to see Holly go too, Beruthiel.
She was a sweet girl (I bet she was adopted because she is the total opposite of her sister LOL).
As for Janice, I think a lot of people are bummed that she is gone because she was such a drama queen. I am glad she is gone so her kids don't have to feel any more embarrassment than they probably did.
I was in awe of some of Janice's actions...but I was totally shocked to see her stab Holly in the back with her rude imitation of her.
I know some people don't like Patti but Patti and Torrie are my two remaining favorites now, so I hope one of them wins it all.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 9:55 am

The best part of the show was watching Janice eat, she'd stuff a whole chicken leg in her mouth and chew around the bone.

(Look mom, no hands) True artistry!

You can't see that on Masterpiece Theater.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 11:25 am

was wrote:
The best part of the show was watching Janice eat, she'd stuff a whole chicken leg in her mouth and chew around the bone.

(Look mom, no hands) True artistry!

You can't see that on Masterpiece Theater.

Oh goodness, Was, to me that was the worst part of the show!
I would have to close my eyes when they showed Janice eating. pale
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 1:14 pm

I like this one too......

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 1:18 pm

LOL - lost in youtube hell

One more

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 1:19 pm

Thanks, Nancy. Did LPD do all the singing in that movie or did he lip sync it?

I remember the movie but I forget how the singer died...wasn't he very young when he died?...maybe I am thinking of another singer.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 6:42 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Thanks, Nancy. Did LPD do all the singing in that movie or did he lip sync it?

I remember the movie but I forget how the singer died...wasn't he very young when he died?...maybe I am thinking of another singer.
Lou played Ritchie Valens. He died at age 17 or 18 in a plane crash. (Buddy Holly and the "Big Bopper" died in the same crash.)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 6:47 pm

Thank you, Cousin Jake.
How sad!!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 6:51 pm

No, LDP lip-synced the music.. It was actually done by Los Lobos ( I have the album!)
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 6:53 pm

Thanks, Nancy.
I was pretty impressed thinking he was singing and not lip syncing.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 7:01 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Thanks, Nancy.
I was pretty impressed thinking he was singing and not lip syncing.

I remember how the critics thought he did a great job lip-syncing though.

It's funny what you remember.

I went to see the movie with my husband when it first came out. It was one of those really nice movie houses that existed before all the multi-screen theaters took over. When we came out, there was a 40-ish woman.. dressed up a little too much for Oklahoma, penciled eyebrows, heavy gold jewelry.. .. She was speaking rather loudly.. " What did you think? Wasn't Lou just fabulous?
I'm his aunt... Wasn't he great... tell your friends..."

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 7:23 pm

Good story, Nancy!!

Do you think it was his real aunt?..or an LDP groupie? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beruthiel

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 21st 2009, 11:12 pm

Ah, thanks for the youtubes, Nancy. clap
I'm pretty sure I never watched the film, but I sure as heck remember the music. I can still sing along to La Bamba!
I remember when the plane crash happened, as I was and still am a huge Buddy Holly lover, and have his albums. I was so sorry for those talented young guys lost and all the music we might have had if they had lived.
I might be old, but I was young when they were in their heyday, and can also still sing along to most of Holly's hits!!!!
My favourites are still 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore', 'Every Day', 'Raining in My Heart', and several more. I DID watch the Buddy Holly Story movie!
Of that era, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, and the Beatles have my votes. Very Happy
What a nice meander down memory lane, sigh. cheek kiss

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 22nd 2009, 10:26 pm

I don't think they got the term 'Mix it up' on this show......
Spoiler:

They are voting two people out tomorrow and finale on Wednesday.

ballerina
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 22nd 2009, 10:48 pm

i am annoyed I stopped watching it when she got booted and she came back...grrr!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 24th 2009, 1:13 pm

Final three are John, Lou and Torrie

Head of Household

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 24th 2009, 6:50 pm

Hmmm...still rooting for Torrie and Lou, but I want Torrie to win.
Back to top Go down
Liann
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 24th 2009, 7:35 pm

Stephen is gone so I don't care who wins now LOL. I'm just thankful they gave Janice back her makeup.
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 24th 2009, 8:18 pm

They said that they would be back again next year? OK, better get real celebs next year.

Not going to spoil who wins.

Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 25th 2009, 11:13 am

Lou won King of the Jungle.

Torrie was second

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 29th 2009, 9:39 pm

Aloha! lol!

Published Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:57 PM ET
Holly and Sanjaya: it's serious!

Who says reality show love connections don't work? Holly Montag and Sanjaya Malakar, who both starred in I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! are keeping their romance alive even after leaving the show!
"Holly and Sanjaya are headed to [the Hawaiian island of] Kauai tomorrow morning so she can meet his parents." an insider tells Life & Style. "It's getting serious!"
We hope meeting the parents is less stressful than Holly's stint in the jungle!

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2009/06/holly-and-sanjaya-its-serious.html
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 29th 2009, 10:02 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Aloha! lol!

Published Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:57 PM ET
Holly and Sanjaya: it's serious!

Who says reality show love connections don't work? Holly Montag and Sanjaya Malakar, who both starred in I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! are keeping their romance alive even after leaving the show!
"Holly and Sanjaya are headed to [the Hawaiian island of] Kauai tomorrow morning so she can meet his parents." an insider tells Life & Style. "It's getting serious!"
We hope meeting the parents is less stressful than Holly's stint in the jungle!

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2009/06/holly-and-sanjaya-its-serious.html

Oh my... how cute.
Back to top Go down
FRANGA
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2234
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 30th 2009, 5:32 am

AWWWW they seemed to be smitten with each other...I hope it works out for them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   

Back to top Go down

I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: