View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35312
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 1st 2009, 8:05 pm

Anyone watching? I wasn't going to, but the husband wanted to give it a try.
I've never watched "The Hills", but I know from reading that Spencer isn't well liked.
Now I know why. He is just about the biggest asshole I've ever seen on reality tv.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 1st 2009, 8:15 pm

He is such an asshole. Can you imagine having him as a son-in-law? ..ughhh..
Back to top Go down
cruzlvr
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 1st 2009, 8:43 pm

I started watching this also. When Spencer was going on about him being a celebrity and the others on the show were nothing blah blah, I was wondering who the heck he was! underneath his name it says he was a reality star. Does anyone know who he is? I don't! What it is about the reality show people that think they are something else.

I hope him and his wife get voted off first.
Do they get voted off in this show?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 1st 2009, 8:45 pm

yuck.

I'm doing the "watching three shows at once" thing tonight..
I wasn't going to watch the bachelorette ( vowed I wouldn't after last season)

then saw some sort of fight with Dave and Juan... but have no idea what it's about.. lol
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 1st 2009, 8:48 pm

First hour Jon & Kate with IAC, second hour Rules of Engagement with IAC..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 5:33 am

I watched for a few minutes at the beginning of the second hour. I turned off the tv and read. If I'm feeling snarky, I now have a target lol!

Bungle in the jungle as 'I'm a Celebrity' debuts
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP

Viewers could be saying "Get me out of here!" after the premiere of NBC's "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!"

The nightly competition show originates from the Costa Rican jungle, with semi-famous people vying for food, supplies and money for their favorite charities — not to mention coronation as King or Queen of the Jungle.

But judging from Monday's debut, most of the action is bickering and eating bugs.

No one was eliminated, depriving viewers of that small measure of gratification.

"The only thing that's certain is, YOU are in control of their lives," co-host Damien Fahey told the audience at the top of the show. Promises, promises.

And despite the promise of spontaneity from the show's live segments, most of the seemingly endless two hours was pretaped and carefully edited.

Actor Stephen Baldwin, pro wrestler Torrie Wilson and former Illinois first lady Patti Blagojevich are among the show's 11 contenders.

So are lovey-dovey newlyweds Spencer and Heidi Pratt (stars of MTV's "The Hills"), who furnished most of the limited entertainment value while sending the irritation level off the charts.

Heidi, skilled at channeling a second-rate version of Paris Hilton, kept the howlers coming. Peering into a tree, she wondered aloud, "Is that a REAL monkey?"

And during one of her meltdowns over rustic camp conditions, she declared, "This is just almost borderline real torture. Like I would do to al-Qaida."

Meanwhile, hubby Spencer displayed his specialty for sarcasm, with intermittent temper tantrums thrown in for good measure.

With numbing regularity, the couple bailed out, then reconsidered, returning to the camp and the competition. But after coming back on one occasion and finding the others had plundered their belongings in their absence, Spencer went ballistic.

"Where does it end?! Where does it end?!" he railed, temporarily unhinged.

But the Pratts are just two people. There's little hope they can save this show. Nor can former "American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar, or former NBA pro and TV personality John Salley.

Nor can the show's dinky challenges, to judge from the debut. They were too inconsequential to describe.

The show's most novel participant is Patti Blagojevich, whose husband, ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, had planned to be on the show until a judge ruled he couldn't leave the U.S. He has pleaded not guilty to federal fraud charges, and in the best sequence of "I'm a Celebrity," his wife filled in as his advocate.

Spencer broached the delicate subject, which he called "this big elephant in the room," by asking, "Why is your husband facing jail time? What happened?"

"I can't really get into it too much," she replied, "except that they made hoopla out of something that wasn't even true..."

Her husband "was fighting special interests down in that entrenched state capitol," she continued. "You make these huge enemies. ... They didn't like that he went around them, see?"

"Just so you know," said Spencer, unexpectedly nice, "when I met him, I was like, this is who I would have voted for the president of the United States of America."

Chiming in with more support, one-time supermodel Janice Dickinson told her, "You need to set the record straight, and we're glad you did."

Then Patti clasped hands with Spencer and Heidi, who led them in prayer: "I pray that the truth will be revealed. I pray that he will triumph ..."

Wacky, all right. But "I'm a Celebrity" looks like a dud anyway. Can the show get better, airing night after night the next four weeks? Maybe NBC should say its prayers.
Back to top Go down
Beruthiel

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 5:49 am

Never seen this show before, but there wasn't anything on other than the Bachelorette so I switched on for the second hour. Man it's really bad, a dumbed down Survivor, but it had its moments.
They are so bad that they are funny, if you know what I mean, and at least Spencer and Heidi give one a good hate target, so one can get a good feeling of self-righteousness from disapproving of them, well deservedly I might add!
If the voting public doesn't smack that little asshole off the island with a fast sharp-toed bunt then I definitely won't watch this for long.
And I surprised myself by liking Lou Diamond Philips' self-deprecating humour, and also the retiring Baldwin brother, and the two comediennes, and the tough ladies... Hmm, might end up watching this more than I think I would, if the jerks are canned early! Twisted Evil

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 6:51 am

I agree Spencer and Heidi need to go.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 8:03 am

I only caught the last part of the show, but EWWWWWWWWWWWWW. After reading this thread I assume that Heidi and Spencer were the ones lounging in the hammock when they were figuring out the camp duties?

Lets face it, almost any MTV "celeb" is loser . I recall watching this show when it was on years ago (remember Melissa Rivers ?), any ways, it was icky then, and appears somethings never change.

On a bright note, I thought Janice Dickenson was pretty funny...she cracks me up, in a Anna Nicole kinda way.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 10:49 am

Heidi and Spencer Pratt have quit I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, a source tells Usmagazine.com.
The couple threatened to walk off the show twice during Monday night's premiere, but kept returning.

The duo quit for good after the live portion of last night's show, another source told TMZ.com, which first reported the news.
Not that the cast will miss them: During one of the Pratt's temper tantrums, the other celebrity contestants ransacked Heidi's belongings and stole her dry shampoo.

Once the newlyweds came back to the campsite, an enraged Spencer smacked a water bottle from the hands of Frances Gallier, one half of the Vh1 comedy duo Frangela.
Pratt also hid wrestler Torrie Wilson's bag away from the campsite in retaliation.

Explaining his actions, Heidi said: "My husband is a very new Christian."
The Pratts solicited prayers on Twitter before taking off for the jungles of Costa Rica.
"I'm so excited to be in God's nature!" Heidi posted.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 10:59 am

Spencer and Heidi puke

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 11:15 am

They are about to have a "real" task - laying upside down in bugs & Heidi is spraying her hair with something. What is she spraying in her hair? I hope they don't get voted out - so they have to stay & endure the "ruff stuff".
Back to top Go down
Bella
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 689
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 12:35 pm

I can't stand Spencer! I don't enjoy watching him at all but I agree that I would like to see him suffer. If he is not happy to be there then keep him on. lol!
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 12:36 pm

Damm! i forgot all about this. i wanted to watch it..
will it repeat?
what time does it go on n on what channel?
is it live?
Back to top Go down
bab$

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 1:00 pm

It's on M - TH what's up with that. BIG BROTHER wasn't even on that many times a wk, & it was good! Well, some seasons anyway!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 1:22 pm

cattychic wrote:

Heidi and Spencer Pratt have quit I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, a source tells Usmagazine.com.
The couple threatened to walk off the show twice during Monday night's premiere, but kept returning.

The duo quit for good after the live portion of last night's show, another source told TMZ.com, which first reported the news.
Not that the cast will miss them: During one of the Pratt's temper tantrums, the other celebrity contestants ransacked Heidi's belongings and stole her dry shampoo.

Once the newlyweds came back to the campsite, an enraged Spencer smacked a water bottle from the hands of Frances Gallier, one half of the Vh1 comedy duo Frangela.
Pratt also hid wrestler Torrie Wilson's bag away from the campsite in retaliation.

Explaining his actions, Heidi said: "My husband is a very new Christian."
The Pratts solicited prayers on Twitter before taking off for the jungles of Costa Rica.
"I'm so excited to be in God's nature!" Heidi posted.

These are the kinds of people who give Christians a bad name.
Don't tell me you are a Christian, don't pray in public to make a spectacle of yourself...
Let me know you are one by your actions.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 1:34 pm

adrixoxo wrote:
Damm! i forgot all about this. i wanted to watch it..
will it repeat?
what time does it go on n on what channel?
is it live?

It is on NBC - four days a week.

It got horrible reviews..lol - I'll probably like it.
http://www.nbc.com/im-a-celebrity/
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 1:48 pm

I watched some of it last night. Spencer was awful and his wife a spoiled rich brat! These are D or F list celebs, with an impeached Governor's wife included for good measure.

I don't see it lasting for the full run. With all of the animal parts they are eating, I honestly look for PETA to make a noise soon.

bab$

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 6:40 pm

When Spencer asked the impeached Govervor's wife what happened she gave this lllllooooonnngggg story but never mentioned the part about "selling the job".......I thought they really don't get it. Anyway.

I would like to see Spencer & Heidi out there along with Janice D - without LD Phillips & S Baldwin. Those two will keep the people a live. It will be a lot harder without them. And a lot funnier to watch!
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 7:40 pm

buckhollywoodHorrifed that I am watching ImACeleb again! HA! I cannot imagine that anyone would donate money to charity on behalf of these A-holes?!
16 minutes ago from web

lol!
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 7:55 pm

For those who missed the first hour of the show, you missed Spencer telling the shows producers via telephone (something along the lines of)"These people are bringing down my stardom! There are VH1 comedians here!"

Last edited by was on June 2nd 2009, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 7:56 pm

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=112322340820&h=JPniU&u=nBRFs&ref=nf

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- After threatening to walk off the set of “I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!” twice during the season premiere, Heidi and Spencer Pratt have now officially quit the show.A source close to the production confirmed the news to Access Hollywood.The
reality couple reportedly made the decision after the live portion of
the premiere was taped in the Costa Rican jungle on Monday night,
according to TMZ.A source has confirmed to Access the couple is scheduled to leave Costa Rica on Tuesday.While a rep for NBC wouldn’t confirm the news when contacted by Access, it’s unlikely the duo will be missed by their fellow reality show jungle dwellers.Not long after arriving to their makeshift campsite in the Costa Rican jungle on Monday night’s show, Spencer stormed out of the filming area – with Heidi in tow – and got on the phone with NBC executive Ben Silverman.“I’m
too rich and I’m too famous to be sitting with these people and
cleaning up their s*** in the jungle, my man. And this cast is
devaluing our fame right now. I’m sitting next to VH1 comedians that I
have never even seen before… I thought it was gonna be all celebrities,”
Spencer told Ben. “Stars of shows get treated like stars, dude. I’m
f***ing supposed to be cleaning up John Salley’s s*** in a bucket?
Dude! You’ve never cleaned up your own s*** let alone taken John
Salley’s s*** to the creek, have you? Don’t throw me in the jungle and
try and make me your little guinea pig torture act.”The couple
then agreed to return to camp and spent the night with the rest of the
cast, before trying to leave again the next morning.In their absence, their fellow castmates decided to divvy up their belongings, assuming they weren’t coming back.But
when Spencer and Heidi came back a second time, Spencer threw a fit
when he discovered some of the other contestants had rummaged through
his wife’s things. He even took a swing at VH1 comedian Angela Shelton,
knocking a water bottle out of her hand.Following the altercation, a tearful Heidi tried to defend her husband during a confessional interview.“My
husband is a very new Christian so he is working very hard on his
temper and stuff, but I feel like with anyone, like with the momma
bear, you mess with the cubs, you’re gonna get the wrath of the daddy
bears,” she said to the camera.
Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 16944

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm

Well, not so fast lol.

Report: Spencer and Heidi Pratt Ask to Return to I'm a Celebrity...
Tuesday June 2, 2009

NBC Photo: Paul Drinkwater

Heidi and Spencer Pratt want back in!
Contrary to their earlier decision, Heidi and Spencer Pratt want to return to I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!.
Check out photos of the most controversial reality show contestants of all time.
Although the couple threatened to walk off the show twice during Monday night's premiere before finally quitting, the newlyweds seem to have changed their minds.
See Heidi and Spencer's cheesiest moments.
"We’re begging NBC to let us back in!" Pratt wrote in an email to Extra Tuesday.
The winner of I'm a Celebrity is awarded a large cash prize to the charity of their choosing, and The Hills stars -- who arrived in Costa Rica over the weekend -- wanted to continue competing for their cause, the Red Cross.
The couple is waiting for a helicopter to take them back to set, Extra reports.
See photos from Heidi and Spencer's wedding.
Join Us on Facebook and Twitter for even more up to the minute celebrity news and photos!
Back to top Go down
nava
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 8:47 pm

whats with all the spraying in her hair what is that stuff?
Back to top Go down
dtd2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 9:06 pm

I personally am enjoying it. I liked all the woman, except Patti has been boring and of course she got saved. So I voted 23 times (haha, if we can not have a public voting BB, I will pretend this it and I have 2 emails) Here is how I voted.

Janice-7
Torri-6
Angela-5
Frances-5

Well I will be shocked if Janice or Torri go. Lines close at 4am ET on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
bab$

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 9:21 pm

Do they get back on? Because it does show Heidi with mud all over her & in her hair.......I don't think it has shown that yet. I don't know if I can stand more than 1 wk of these people. And Janice looks like a "Dr Will job" gone bad. EEEEWWWW!
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 2nd 2009, 11:56 pm

nava wrote:

i was wondering the same thing..
whats the crap she's always spraying in her hair,
maybe somthing for the bleach haha.?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 4:49 am

adrixoxo wrote:
nava wrote:

i was wondering the same thing..
whats the crap she's always spraying in her hair,
maybe somthing for the bleach haha.?

It's her infamous dry shampoo. The stuff the others raided when they thought they had left.
Back to top Go down
cruzlvr
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 7:01 am

They should in no way be let back on the show. What........ are they going to quit every week just before the public voting and then come back on when it is done!!!!!! Not fair to those that actually want to be there to try to get money for their respective charities.

I was so glad they left last last. One show and I was already so sick puke of the Spencer and Heidi "show". I would like to see some of the other personalities, even it out some.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 7:36 am

They're showing episodes on JTV if you're really bored.

http://www.justin.tv/thebigbrotherchannel
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 7:48 am

My bet is that after staying in a (dry) hotel, having dinner, a shower and a good nights sleep in a real bed, they put their little heads together and decided they'd just walk back into the game (While the others have remained "on-set" in the jungle eating bugs)

Here's a idea for a show,
Ten celebrities must somehow endure 72 hours with those two in the worlds best resort\hotel (forget the jungle) the last one standing ...wins!

Send their spoiled butts home.
Back to top Go down
bab$

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 8:05 am

I like that, I like that.
Even Brody, his childhood best friend, didn't seem to be upset with them being apart for a while. And Brody is a pretty good person.
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 9:12 am

When Steven "baptized" Spencer , I too was praying..............That he would drown his sorry ass. So not fair to the other's if they keep letting these two loser's quit and come back every episode.
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 10:55 am

Heidi and Spencer Pratt are remaining on NBC reality show I'm a Celebrity I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! after all, Usmagazine.com has confirmed.
"Heidi and Spencer are still in the jungle and part of the show," their rep told Us Wednesday morning.

Us can also exclusively report that Spencer's sister Stephanie and his friend Spenser (yes, there's another one, only spelled with an 's') were the people under the blankets at L.A.'s LAX airport Tuesday night. They were simply used as decoy to throw people off and give the illusion that Spencer and Heidi had returned to L.A., says a source.
Spencer and Heidi had already tried to quit the show at least twice -- and then un-quit.

They strongly suggested on Tuesday's show, however, that they were leaving for good.
"Super-celebrities don't belong in the jungle. They belong in Hollywood with the paparazzi," Spencer said.

"We're gonna miss you guys," Heidi told the other contestants, who include Lou Diamond Phillips, Janice Dickinson and former Illinois first lady Patti Blagojevich. "But call us when you get back to L.A.
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 10:57 am

This is typical speidi,they are not worried at all about helping any charity,just how much publicity they can get. This just prove's what everyone already knew....they're both scumbag's.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 11:04 am

By leaving, her name was removed from a possible eviction this week....
Not cool to the others trying to win.

(Good strategy though, quit the game each week before the public can vote you out)
Better yet, stay in a hotel until the other players are half dead from the jungle then rejoin the game.
Lame show!

Last edited by was on June 3rd 2009, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 11:14 am

Hope it's a three strikes rule!
Back to top Go down
oneforthefrog
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 11:21 am

IAC is quite popular over here. Janice Dickinson was on our show a couple of years ago, she got voted to do almost all the food tasks in the first week. I'm not sure how the new US version works. For the first 6 days we vote for which celeb should do the daily food task, then we start voting them off. I usually end up supporting someone really random, someone I would never have thought I would like.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 12:55 pm

Lame is the proper word...once again, Was to the rescue!

Hey Was...when am I going to see you and Frances on Amazing Race? Getta stepping you 2!!!!

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here   June 3rd 2009, 1:17 pm

Franny and I are in training now LaLa!
We should be ready by season 36.

Last edited by was on June 3rd 2009, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Celebrity.. get me out of here