Jessalyn
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8563
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 1:41 pm

Bachelorette Jen Schefft Is Pregnant!

Quote :
Former Bachelor and Bachelorette star Jen Schefft is expecting her first child, she exclusively tells the new Us Weekly (on newsstands now).

The Chicago PR exec, 33, who wed trader Joe Waterman last May, is due in November.
"I was shocked. I thought it would take more time," Schefft gushes to Us Weekly. "I took three tests because I didn't believe it was true!"

How did she break the news to her husband? "I put the tests in a Ziploc bag and rushed to the train station to pick him up after work," she tells Us Weekly. "I handed him the baggie, and he gave me a high-five! He hugged me too, of course, but we were so taken off guard."

Though she doesn't know the baby's gender yet, "I don’t know why, but I feel like it's going to be a girl," Schefft tells Us Weekly. "I already have, like, 10 names, but I'm not telling!"

http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/bachelorette-jen-schefft-is-pregnant-2010125
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1716
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 2:03 pm

RealitySteve

Hey Canada, I just did a Skype interview with Entertainment Tonight Canada that'll air tonight regarding, what else, the "Bachelorette".
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 2:37 pm

Scandal Already Shaking Up 'Bachelorette' House

Ali's Interview with Extra TV!

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 2:46 pm

I like her haircut

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17012
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 12th 2010, 6:38 pm

I'm going to force myself to watch this. I wasn't a fan of Ali during this last season, I thought she was a "catty girl". However, I didn't like Jillian on Jason's season either, but I loved her on her season, so I'm hoping I'll end up liking Ali too.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 13th 2010, 2:34 am

Bachelorette Extend Preview clap !

I tried to post it and the thread got really wide! Here is the link:

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=41&video_id=525

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14547
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 14th 2010, 10:51 pm

Saw this in my local paper.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/05/12/1931007/kasey-kahl-of-clovis-vies-for.html?storylink=misearch

Kasey Kahl, a 27-year-old advertising account executive from Clovis, is one of 25 suitors who'll try to win the heart of Ali Fedotowsky in the sixth edition of the ABC series "The Bachelorette."

He has his younger stepsister, Whitney Hill, to thank -- or blame.

"She was the one who applied for me to be on the show. She told me she just thought I was a good guy and should be on it," says Kahl, who described Wednesday, the day ABC announced he was on the show, as a "crazy day."

With the news, his telephone wouldn't stop ringing, and his voicemail was full by midafternoon.

Because he hadn't applied to be on the show, Kahl was skeptical when a woman called in July from the ABC series. He hung up with a "yeah, whatever," thinking it was a prank. When the woman called back, Kahl was convinced it wasn't a joke.

That started a long process of interviews, video tests and photo shoots before he made the final cut. During that process Kahl decided he would approach the show wholeheartedly.

"I've only had two relationships in my whole life, and they ended badly. I have been hurt twice because I chose the wrong woman," Kahl says. "I decided that maybe someone else may have picked out the right woman for me. So I went into the show with an open heart and open mind."

Reality show participants are under strict guidelines about how much they can reveal about their lives to the public. Too much information can result in a lawsuit.

What's known about Kahl is the Clovis High graduate took classes at California State University, Fresno, and Fresno City College. He had a real estate business in Fresno but now lives half the year in Bakersfield and half the year in San Luis Obispo. Although he stays busy selling advertising for several companies, Kahl does manage to find time to be with family and friends.

His parents, Kerri Kahl and Rhonda Hill, still live in Clovis.

"This is exciting, very exciting," says Hill, who's also under a contract that limits what she can say. "I know this is a reality show, but I think he's sincere in his search and has the best of intentions. I think people will see that."

She adds that her son was more interested in baseball than girls when he was younger.

Kahl says he's not a big fan of reality TV but has watched "The Bachelor" and 'The Bachelorette.' " He got his first glimpse of Fedotowsky, a 25-year-old account manager in online advertising from San Francisco, when she was a contestant on the recent edition of "The Bachelor" with Jake Pavelka.

"She's beautiful and intelligent," Kahl says.

He had fun being on the show -- despite getting into squabbles with a few of his fellow suitors. Sparks fly in the opening episode: One bachelor shares his story of leaving a high-paying job to move to Paris and follow his dream, another offers a scrapbook as a gift and another serenades the Bachelorette.

By the end of the opener, Fedotowsky will eliminate eight of the suitors.

Kahl may or may not come away from the show with a new love, but he's happy with what the show already has given him.

"I really got to learn how to read people and to understand myself more," Kahl says.

He liked the experience so much, Kahl says he would jump at another chance to be in front of the cameras.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 14th 2010, 11:00 pm

Thank you catty for posting that! I enjoyed reading it. Smile

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14547
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 14th 2010, 11:09 pm

You're welcome. I don't usually watch these shows. The first and last time was Jason/Melissa/Molly. I didn't like it, but I know there are many fans of the show here so I posted it for you all.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 15th 2010, 6:27 am

catty wrote:
You're welcome. I don't usually watch these shows. The first and last time was Jason/Melissa/Molly. I didn't like it, but I know there are many fans of the show here so I posted it for you all.

That was nice of you!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 15th 2010, 4:54 pm

Bachelorette's Ali: I'm Ready for Kids

A gig with Facebook is good. Being the new Bachelorette is better.

Which brings us to Ali Fedotowsky. The girl who ditched Jake Pavelka for her social networking job on The Bachelor last season has resurfaced to find love again. And this time, she, like, means it. During the intro segment of The Bachelorette premiere (ABC, May 24, 10 PM), Ali not only declares, "I'm ready to meet someone and put him first," she informs host Chris Harrison that she's ready to have a child!
PHOTOS: Jake's cheesiest moments
But first things first: Let's meet her 25 potential soul mates. Yes, they're all handsome, winsome and have the kind of chiseled features that can be found on the front of a coin. It's not fair! Have these producers been on Match.com? Do they really know what's out there?

Where was I? Right, Ali's suitors. Here are the first-impression standouts:

Justin -- a cocky wrestler who goes by the moniker "Rated R." He broke his ankle prior to filming and spends the episode on crutches (and flashing his chest).
PHOTOS: See Vienna and other bachelorettes in bikinis

Jonathan -- a Houston TV weatherman who has the shameless, gung-ho charisma of, well, a Houston TV weatherman. He gives Ali a gift when he comes of the limo. He thinks it's hilarious. It's not.

Kyle -- a cute outdoorsman who is clearly more comfortable hunting deer than flirting with women. Loves it.

Roberto -- a sexy Latino (is there any other kind?) who promises Ali that he'll teach her how to salsa. Aww, poor Kyle can't keep up with that!

Craig -- unremarkable except for the fact that he greets Ali by exclaiming, "I'm so happy you're not Vienna [Girardi, who won last season's Bachelor]."
PHOTOS: Look back on the scandalous pasts of The Bachelor's stars

Chris -- a tall landscaper from Ali's home state of Massachusetts. His mother just died. This info is brought to you by Kleenex.

Jason -- he's the last man out of the limo and celebrates with a back flip off the top of it. You'll see it on You Tube soon enough.

During these encounters, Ali has a genuine smile plastered on her face. In fact, she comes off a lot warmer in this episode than she ever did during her entire Bachelor run. (Side note: With her long blonde hair extensions, petite frame and form-hugging dress, she also looks remarkably like Jessica Simpson).

Up next is the requisite cocktail hour where the men compete for one-on-one time with Ali -- and as usual, a first-impression rose is at stake. Here's where the contestants should really take a cue from their catty Bachelor counterparts. These guys are actually courteous and respectful when they interrupt a conversation. At one point, a Texas-based Internet account exec named Hunter actually serenades everyone with a ukulele and an original song. Come on! Man up! Do we need to bring in Vienna to show how this is done?

But Ali is impressed. She gets that salsa dancing lesson from Roberto, and Midwest-bred Jesse gives her a wooden-heart necklace as a token of his affection. How very Ryan Sutter of him. At least a guy named Shooter brings the laughs when he brazenly tells Ali how he got his nickname.

It involves a gun. No, not that kind of gun.

The only real moment of drama is a contrived one: Harrison tells the guys to single out the guy who's there for fame, not love. Secret-ballot, style, unfortunately. I won't play spoiler, but based on some recent Us reporting on what happens later in the production, the result is an insightful one.

Tragically, the ABC screener cut off just before she passes out her 17 roses. I'm assuming one of them is the poor shlump who mistakenly told Ali that he loved it when she wore cowboy boots getting out of the limo to meet Jake in the Bachelor premiere. (She didn't. Hello, Hulu!)

As for the Bachelorette herself . . Well, at least Ali has shed her petty ways -- this character trait really took the bloom off her rose on the Bachelor. Still, she's so affable, I worry that she'll turn into the female version of Jake (i.e., affable and well-intentioned, but in desperate need of cojones). But for now, let's Friend her.

By Mara Reinstein for UsMagazine.com

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 17th 2010, 3:09 am

Extended Preview!

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 17th 2010, 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 17th 2010, 3:23 pm

Jimmy Kimmel Live - Promo for The Bachelorette

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 6:01 pm

Just saw this. What a great opportunity for Jillian.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bachelorette-star-jillian-harris-joining-extreme-makeover-home-edition-10958.php
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 7:16 pm

I wonder were she and Ed will live now?

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 7:29 pm

Good for Jillian!

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 8:45 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I've been keeping up to date on her interviews. She mentioned them deciding on where to live if they were to move, when to have the wedding and right now they are kicking around the idea on whether or not to have the wedding televised. She said something along the lines of having everything paid for would be nice. She also said that she would love to have a BBQ wedding lol. She says she loves Chicago and she seems to be doing really well there.

I would think that since Extreme Makeover goes all over the country, that it probably wouldn't matter where she lived, she would have to travel to that destination for taping anyway.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 8:56 pm

Jack'd wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

I've been keeping up to date on her interviews. She mentioned them deciding on where to live if they were to move, when to have the wedding and right now they are kicking around the idea on whether or not to have the wedding televised. She said something along the lines of having everything paid for would be nice. She also said that she would love to have a BBQ wedding lol. She says she loves Chicago and she seems to be doing really well there.

I would think that since Extreme Makeover goes all over the country, that it probably wouldn't matter where she lived, she would have to travel to that destination for taping anyway.

Thanks Jack'd! I thought I read they were thinking about moving to the west coast, but maybe that was just a tweet to see everyones thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 9:08 pm

HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Jack'd wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

Thanks Jack'd! I thought I read they were thinking about moving to the west coast, but maybe that was just a tweet to see everyones thoughts.

No you're right, I do remember reading that too, just didn't remember if it was a tweet or an interview. I guess they really didn't know at the time where they were headed. I know they took a road trip out that way, maybe that's what they were doing, scoping places out. Maybe now that she got the job at ABC, they will decide to make a move to the West Coast. I'm glad they are happy, they're a cute couple. Did you see her tweet where she's been trying to auction off those God awful green shorts of Ed's for charity lol, there weren't any takers the last time she tweeted.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 18th 2010, 9:36 pm

Jack'd wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:
Jack'd wrote:
HAPPY4LIFE wrote:

No you're right, I do remember reading that too, just didn't remember if it was a tweet or an interview. I guess they really didn't know at the time where they were headed. I know they took a road trip out that way, maybe that's what they were doing, scoping places out. Maybe now that she got the job at ABC, they will decide to make a move to the West Coast. I'm glad they are happy, they're a cute couple. Did you see her tweet where she's been trying to auction off those God awful green shorts of Ed's for charity lol, there weren't any takers the last time she tweeted.
Those were some short shorts! One wrong move and..........

I love Jillian and want her to be happy. It has taken me awhile to warm up to Ed, but I am getting there.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 19th 2010, 1:58 pm

Television - Interview - Ali Fedotowsky ('The Bachelorette') - Digital Spy

Ali Fedotowsky ('The Bachelorette')

Vienna Girardi may have won Jake Pavelka's heart in last season's Bachelor, but there's no doubting that some of the most memorable moments of the series were provided by Ali Fedotowsky. After making the emotional decision to leave the show to focus on work, the 25-year-old from San Francisco is now back searching for love again as the star of The Bachelorette. We caught up with her as she chatted about her suitors, wedding plans and what advice Jillian Harris gave her...

What was the timeline from when you left The Bachelor to becoming The Bachelorette?
"I got the phone call from my company about whether or not I could stay or leave hours before the Rose Ceremony and I made the choice to leave the show. I went right back to work that following Monday when I got home. I got approached - it was after I was already off the show and it aired - a while later and it was honestly not something I ever imagined I would be asked to do, and I was really shocked and nervous. By the time I was approached I felt like I was healed from the show, and in order to make my decision about whether or not I wanted to become The Bachelorette, I wanted to make sure I saw the season finale of The Bachelor so I could have closure with that and move on with my next adventure."

Are you happy with the men they picked for you?
"I'm so happy with the guys I got this season. One thing I said to the producers coming in was that I didn't want the male model who can't put two sentences together. I want smart, interesting guys that are going to keep me excited about the relationship and who they are and what they bring to the table. That's exactly what I got and I'm so happy. I want to thank each and every one of them for coming because they made the experience really great for me."

How important were first impressions to you?
"Actually, I was going in thinking that first impressions wouldn't really mean anything to me because I've always been the type of girl who will go for a guy who has told me a story that is really interesting or has made me laugh. I was so nervous that first night that I don't even think I remember a lot of the first impressions! It doesn't weigh that heavily."

Were you confident you would find love?
"Oh, I was so confident going into this that I could find my husband. I would not have done this show otherwise. When I was first approached to be The Bachelorette I had a lot of concerns. I was so happy in my career and job and I loved being in San Francisco. I just didn't know if it was the right choice. I had a conversation with my best friends and they said to me, 'If you find your husband on this show, nothing else matters'. That's when I knew that being on the show was the right choice and I was absolutely confident from night one that my husband would be in that room and I like to think I kept that confidence."

Are you ready to have kids or start a family?
"Let me clear this up! There are some articles out there I have seen suggesting that I want children right away. That is not the case! Chris Harrison asked me where I wanted to be in five years and I said, 'I want to be pregnant in five years', meaning when I am 30 I want to be pregnant with my first child. So am I ready for kids now? Absolutely not! I still have a career I want to build and things I want to accomplish before I am ready to start a family."

Have you thought about what sort of wedding or engagement ring you want?
"Oh my gosh, I have never in my life thought about what my wedding would be like! My uncle is actually a jeweller and he's always said that Asscher cut is pretty nice so I guess if I had to pick something that is what I'd go for. For the wedding dress I'd want something really simple, and I'd want my hair to be really natural. I plan on wearing Converse under my wedding dress so it has to be long enough to hide those! I don't like to be all glammed up, I like to be natural, so I think I'd have a natural look."

Now that you've gone through the process, do you have more understanding of what Jake went through?
"Absolutely. I just remember thinking when I was on The Bachelor, 'Why would Jake be insecure about anything? He has all these girls here vying for his attention'. But being on The Bachelorette, I get it. People can say to me all day, 'I'm falling for you, you're beautiful'. All these words, but to me, I always found myself questioning that. Is this person being sincere? Do they really care for me? One thing that was important for me to make clear to the guys was, 'I am offering you a rose but you are accepting it back. Don't accept it if you don't want it'. It was important for me that they knew this was serious and not just a game. I have so much more respect for Jake and Jillian and Jason and everyone who has been through this. It is really difficult and by far the hardest thing I've ever done."

Have you spoken to any former Bachelorettes or Jake about being the one handing out the roses?
"I haven't spoken to Jake at all actually, not even to this day. I actually think there is a good chance I might be running into him and Vienna soon and I hope to talk to him about my journey a little bit. I did talk to Jillian Harris beforehand. She wanted this to be my experience and to wish me luck. Her advice was basically to make sure I had a lot of travel hairspray on hand when I was on the road! She was really sweet saying, 'Oh I'm so glad you're the next Bachelorette', and all that. I haven't actually met her in person but I hope to in the future."

Do you think looking back that you made the right decision leaving The Bachelor?
"I think that at the time it was the right decision in the sense that I don't think I'm supposed to be with Jake. He found someone and he is with Vienna and they are happy and I'm happy for them. But, do I think that choosing a job over someone who is potentially the love of your life is the wrong choice? I do. It's kind of hard to answer. If I had stayed, would I have ended up with Jake? I don't think so. I think he would have ended up with Vienna anyway. So in that sense I think it is the right choice but I'm so glad that I now know I will never make that choice again."

Are you happy with how the season ends?
"I'm happy right now and I'm really confident with the decisions I made all along the way, whether it was the third Rose Ceremony, the fifth or the last. I don't have any regrets and I'm really happy right now."

The Bachelorette premieres May 24 at 9pm on ABC

Last edited by HAPPY4LIFE on May 19th 2010, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 19th 2010, 1:59 pm

'The Bachelorette' dishes on infidelity and Jake

Ali Fedotowsky ditched "The Bachelor" last season for her job.

The smiley former Facebook advertising account manager now has a new gig as "The Bachelorette." Fedotowsky is the latest leading lady in a long line of single men and woman — 20, to be exact — selected to sift through a stack of suitors in hopes of finding the perfect match on the interconnected, long-running ABC reality dating franchise.

Fedotowsky previously chose her career over Jake Pavelka, who was dumped by Jillian Harris on the fifth edition of "The Bachelorette." Harris was rejected in the 13th chapter of "The Bachelor" by Jason Mesnick, runner-up on the fourth edition of "The Bachelorette" with DeAnna Pappas, among those dumped by Brad Womack on the 11th "Bachelor" edition.

Fedotowsky will trek from Los Angeles to such locales as New York, Iceland, Turkey and Tahiti during her quest for love (premiering May 24 on ABC at 9 p.m. EDT). In a recent interview, the 25-year-old Clark University graduate reminisced about Pavelka, discussed her most athletic suitors and recalled when a boyfriend cheated on her — while she was sleeping.

___

AP: Why did you want to do "The Bachelorette" after what happened last season with Jake?

Fedotowsky: My decision to choose my job over Jake last season was really hard. I think it worked out for the best because he is now in love and has his relationship, and he's engaged and happy, and I'm happy, and that's really all that matters. This time, I decided I wanted to do what's best for me, and that's putting love first.

AP: Have you seen or spoken with Jake since the show? Do you still have feelings for him?

Fedotowsky: I haven't seen Jake since the show. I wanted to watch him on "Dancing With the Stars," because I heard he's really great. I don't have those kind of feelings. I will always care for him as a friend. He's a great guy and a great person, but I've definitely moved on.

AP: How do you feel about infidelity? Have you ever had a boyfriend cheat on you?

Fedotowsky: I've had a boyfriend cheat on me — in a bad way — while I was sleeping in another room. It was in another room of my house. It's wrong. It's unforgivable. Do I necessarily think once a cheater always a cheater? No, I don't think that, but I think once you've done it once in a relationship, it's very hard to recover in that relationship.

AP: Tell us about some of your suitors, like professional wrestler Justin Rego and baseball player Roberto Martinez.

Fedotowsky: Justin is an emotional guy. You would think that being a strong wrestler that he would not really be that way, but you'll be surprised the other side that you see of Justin. Roberto is a great guy. You might see a little bit of baseball on the show.

AP: Are you happy with the experience? Are you in love? Are you engaged?

Fedotowsky: Do I have tan on my ring finger? I'm very happy. I just made the decisions that were the ones I felt the most confident in along the way. I'm very proud of each decision that I made, whether or not I fell in love, you'll have to tune in to see.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 19th 2010, 1:59 pm

'The Bachelorette': Ali Fedotowsky 'found a lot of different emotions' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

The debut of Ali Fedotowsky's season of "The Bachelorette" is just around the corner. Zap2it caught up with her at an ABC press day to get all the dish about her "Around the World" season.

So tell us about your season.
My season will be filled with a lot of fun, exciting things all around the world. The fact that I got to travel a lot was so exciting to me. I've always wanted to travel.

We screened the first episode and picked out a few favorites, can we ask you about them? We picked out Frank and Phillip from Chicago and Chris from Cape Cod. How'd we do?
They're good guys! I got really lucky with a bunch of great guys. Frank was like jumping out of the top of the limousine, Chris and I had the commonality of both being from Massachusetts. I'm so grateful what a great job ABC did at picking out these guys for me. They're all awesome and so different. I'm lucky.

We've heard rumors that someone from Jake's season comes back on your season. We hope it's Tenley. We thought you two should've had a spin-off
Oh my god, I love that! I love Tenley! I wish she came and helped me pick out the boys. You'll have to wait and see if anybody comes. I actually saw Tenley right before I started shooting the show. It was the first and only time we've seen each other, we had been talking over email. We both cried when we saw each other, she's so supportive of everything with me. She's such a great girl, I love her.

Are you still in touch with anyone else from Jake's season?
I keep really close contact with Kathryn Sherlock, love her. She's such a sweetheart. Valishia, she's one of the most amazing women I've ever met. A woman full of strength. She's given me some really great advice.

So ... did you find love?
I definitely found a lot of different emotions. [laughs] I made the best decisions I could along the way and you'll have to tune in and see if I found that special guy.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 19th 2010, 4:49 pm

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ali-fedotowsky-happy-with-her-the-bachelorette-journey-no-regrets-10967.php

Ali Fedotowsky "happy" with her 'The Bachelorette' journey, no regrets

Ali Fedotowsky won't reveal any specifics about if she found love at the end of her The Bachelorette journey, however she's pleased with the results.

"I'm happy right now," Fedotowsky told Reality TV World in a Wednesday media conference call.

"I'm really confident with the decisions I made all along the way -- whether it was the third Rose Ceremony or the fifth one or the last one -- I don't have any regrets. I'm so confident with each decision along the way and I'm really happy right now."

It's a good thing Fedotowsky is in a good place since she said finding a husband was the No. 1 reason she decided to appear as The Bachelorette's star.

"I was so confident going into this that I could find my husband on the show. I would not have done the show otherwise," she explained to reporters during the conference call.

"When I was first approached to be The Bachelorette, I actually had a lot of concerns. I was happy in my job and I love being in San Francisco and I just didn't know if it was the right choice. I had a conversation with my best friends I'm living with now, and they said, 'If you find your husband on this show, nothing else matters.' That's when I knew being on the show was the right choice."

Fedotowsky was one of four remaining bachelorettes vying for The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love star Jake Pavelka's heart when she decided to leave the show to avoid having to quit her job at Facebook, which she had only begun a few months before the show was taped last fall.

"I do think that, at the time, it was the right decision in the sense that I don't think that I'm supposed to be with Jake. I think he found someone and he's with [Vienna Girardi] and he's happy and I'm happy for them," said Fedotowsky.

"But do I think that choosing a job over someone who's potentially the love of your life, do I think that's the wrong choice? I do. If I stayed, would I have ended up with Jake? I don't think so. I think he would have ended up with Vienna anyway. So in that sense I think it's the right choice. But I'm so glad that now I know that I will never, ever make that choice again. I can promise you that I won't."

Fedotowsky apparently chose a second chance to find her possible future husband over her job since she told reporters that she is no longer working at Facebook.

"I did leave my job at Facebook. At this point, I don't have plans to go back," she said.

"I hope to go back in the future, but it would probably be a while before that would happen. It's pretty final at this point, which is sad because I really loved it. I think at some point I'd be able to hopefully go back there, but I actually have some ideas for my own company that I'd like to possibly start."

While Fedotowsky initially decided to leave The Bachelor for her job, she subsequently changed her mind and attempted to return to the show during the next episode -- only to discover that Pavelka was unwilling to let her do so.

Fedotowsky told reporters that while Pavelka's decision didn't make her feel insecure heading into The Bachelorette, that doesn't mean she still wasn't scared of rejection.

"Did I fear of rejection on the show? I absolutely did. I think that's because I've been heartbroken in the past -- just not from my relationship with Jake -- but a lot of relationships I had even before being on The Bachelor," she explained.

"I think my big fear was I knew I was choosing each guy because I wanted them to continue with me. I didn't necessarily know because they were accepting a rose it meant that they actually wanted to be with me. So I questioned that along the way and I was scared."

In addition, Fedotowsky said participating in The Bachelorette gave her "so much more respect" for what Pavelka went through.

"I just remember thinking when I was on The Bachelor, 'Gosh! Why would Jake be insecure about anything? He has all these girls here vying for his attention. He has nothing to be concerned about.' Then being The Bachelorette, I get it," she said.

"People can say to me all day, 'I'm falling for you,' and, 'You're beautiful,' and all these words. But to me, I always found myself questioning them. Is this person being sincere? Do they really care for me? It was really important for me to make clear to all of the guys as we were going through this, 'I'm offering you a rose, but you're accepting it back. Don't accept it if you don't want it.' That was really important to me that the guys knew this was serious and not just a game."

The Bachelorette's sixth season will begin at a familiar setting for the Fedotowsky as she arrives at the same Malibu mansion where she first met Pavelka to meet her 25 suitors.

"I'm so happy with the 25 guys I got this season," she said.

"One thing I said to the producers coming in is I do not want the male model who can't put two sentences together. I want smart, interesting guys that are going to just keep me excited about the relationship and who they are and what they bring to the table. That's exactly what i got. I'm so happy with all of them."

While the guys will do their best to make a good first impression on Fedotowsky, she told reporters that she feels first impressions don't really mean anything.

"I've always been the type of girl that when I go for a guy, it's because he's told me a story that's really interesting," she explained. "So I was so nervous that first night, I don't think I even remember a lot of the first impressions. It doesn't weigh that heavily."

Similar to other recent The Bachelor and The Bachelorette editions, each suitor will have the chance to vote for a bachelor they feels isn't there for the right reasons -- a situation that "shocked" Fedotowsky.

"I didn't really know what to make of it," she said.

"But at the end of the day, I remember thinking -- from my season -- I remember thinking that I had a better idea of what girls were maybe there for right or wrong reasons the first night than maybe Jake did. I definitely didn't want to let the ballot box be the be-all, end-all -- but I kept it in the back of my mind."

As if dealing with being wooed by 25 guys and wondering if they're all there for the right reasons wasn't hard enough, Fedotowsky than had to whittle her batch of bachelors down to 17.

"The only Rose Ceremony I would say I had any questions about at all would be the first one because I had so little time," she said. "You wonder afterwards, 'If I just had a few more minutes with that person, would I have realized something about them that I didn't see before?' That was the only Rose Ceremony that was really, really tough in terms of making my decisions."

For all of the subsequent Rose Ceremonies, Fedotowsky explained that she simply "went with the feeling" she had about each suitor.

"I never wanted to compare the guys. I just didn't think it was fair. Instead of comparing the guys and their qualities, I compared my feelings for the guys. I felt extremely confident each Rose Ceremony with the decisions I made and I never questioned them," she reiterated.

"The only real hard part was hurting somebody in order to find my ending, hopefully find my guy."

Fedotowsky traveled to Hollywood, Las Vegas, New York, Iceland, Istanbul, Lisbon and Tahiti throughout filming for The Bachelorette's sixth season, an opportunity she embraced.

"We traveled everywhere. The thing that was so great about the traveling was that there were places where maybe you wouldn't necessarily think to go on your own, like Iceland and Turkey," she said. "But I got to go there and I loved it."

Fedotowsky's globe-trotting dates also included a helicopter ride over Iceland's active Eyjafjallajokull Volcano days before it erupted.

"We got so lucky in Iceland. We were there when the volcano was erupting, but not before the huge eruption," she said. "The volcano was erupting and you'll have to wait and see if we have any good footage of that."

Not surprisingly, Fedotowsky acknowledged there is some drama during the season -- however she declined to "get into specifics."

"There is definitely a bit of drama this season. Rumors are rumors, and whether there's truth to them or not I cannot say -- I actually haven't even got a chance to look at any of them on the Internet because I just got back," she said.

"But I went through a lot and there's a lot of emotion -- good and bad -- and it will be interesting to watch and see how it unfolds."

Fedotowsky also discussed the end of her The Bachelorette experience, which included the traditional "Fantasy Suite" dates.

"I know when I'm presenting those cards and the guys get those cards, I think we're so excited to be off-camera and be able to talk without the cameras around," she explained.

"It's the perfect opportunity. I didn't get any sleep those nights because we were up talking all night. I think it's really important those nights to building the relationship and taking it to that next step by just having those intimate conversations."

Fedotowsky said she also didn't follow in Pavelka's footsteps when it came down to how she felt about her final few suitors.

"Jake had a really big heart and he had felt that he had fallen in love with more than one person. For me, I don't feel like my heart is capable of loving more than one person," she explained.

"Going in, I sort of made a promise to myself that I really just wanted to make sure that I didn't share those type of feelings unless I was sharing them with one person and that I was completely positive that was the person for me."

While she hasn't had an opportunity to talk to Pavelka "at all," Fedotowsky said she didn't receive a phone call from The Bachelorette fifth-season star Jillian Harris.

"She really wanted this to be my experience. She just wanted to wish me good luck," she said. I haven't actually met her in person, but I hope to in the future."

Although Fedotowsky voiced interest in starring in The Bachelorette prior to being cast, she explained to reporters that she had some hesitation when the role was offered to her.

"It was never something that I ever imagined I'd be asked to do, and I was really shocked when I was asked -- and nervous when I was first asked to do it. By the time I was approached, I feel like I was healed from the show," she said.

"In order to make my decision of whether or not I wanted to become The Bachelorette, I wanted to make sure that I saw the season finale of The Bachelor so I could just have closure with that and be ready to move on with my next adventure."

Fedotowsky also put reports she recently heard "suggesting" that she wants to have "children right away."

"That is not the case. I did say to Chris Harrison, he asked me where I wanted to be in five years, and I said, 'I'd like to be pregnant in five years' -- meaning when I'm 30, I'd like to be pregnant with my first child," she clarified.

"So am I ready for kids now? Absolutely not. I still have a career I want to build and things I want to accomplish before I start a family."

The Bachelorette will premiere Monday, May 24 at 9PM ET/PT on ABC.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 19th 2010, 11:00 pm

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Former Bachelor Contestant Spills the Beans

Source: Oakville.com

Born and raised in Oakville Ontario – Jessie Sulidis made her television debut in the long running reality television series The Bachelor – which was originally aired in January of 2010.

Three months after the series ended – what does she really think of the show and her quest for love?
“When I watched the show with my friends we sat there laughing,” Sulidis said.

“It’s over the top dramatic and cheesy, but that’s what people love. It’s funny to watch.”

Sulidis, who was entered into the show by a friend, had no idea that the series was such a hit in North America. She received a phone call from their producers, and after months of interviews she decided she would accept the offer to be a contestant on the show.

Several months after her exit from the show, she revealed that the rose ceremonies – the equivalent of tribal council but for The Bachelor – began shooting at 6 p.m., and ended at 6 a.m.

“Girls were about to pass out they were so tired,” she said. “You get really nervous too. If you get kicked off you not only leave, you don’t get to go back to your room. All your bags have to be packed, so the producers take everything out for you. Then you have another two hours of interviews, and when you finally get back to your hotel it’s eight in the morning. Your flight is booked, you’re out.”
Trying to find love?

As for the girls on the show – Sulidis said that only 30 per cent were there to actually find love, the rest were just there to make themselves famous.

For her own experience on the show – she didn’t think it was bad.

“It has given me so many great opportunities and I had so much fun filming it,” she said.

“A lot of the girls were really cool and even the producers and the staff were really good to me. My experience kind of seemed like it was wrapped in a bubble, and it was perfect.”

As a result of the show she has been a part of various fashion shows including Strut For Cancer and Miss Universe Canada with all proceeds going to charity. Within the coming months she will be devoting her time to two different fashion shows for breast cancer awareness.

“You can find love anywhere,” Sulidis said.

“My only advice is to be open to it, and allow things to happen.”

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 20th 2010, 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 21st 2010, 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 21st 2010, 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 21st 2010, 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 21st 2010, 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 22nd 2010, 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 22nd 2010, 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 25th 2010, 12:02 pm

http://www.ew.com
May 25 2010 02:00 AM ET

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season premiere

by Chris Harrison
Categories: Chris Harrison, Reality TV, The Bachelorette, Things That Are Awesome!

Image Credit: Bob D'Amico/ABC

I want to start off this blog — and this season — with a big “Thank You!” This is our 20th season of The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise. It’s a remarkable accomplishment in this day and age of television, and on behalf of the hundreds of people who make this show happen each and every year, I’ll say it again: Thank you. Making this show is much more than a job for all of us; it’s a passion and a labor of love. While this show has evolved with the times over the last eight years, it really hasn’t ever changed or wavered from its roots. It’s still really about that one thing we hope to achieve and find in our lives: love.

Watching the recap of Ali and Jake at the beginning of the first episode was a little strange. For some reason, that night at the Beverly Wilshire, when she chose her job over Jake, seems like years ago. I want to point out something very important that Ali mentioned several times throughout tonight’s episode, something that will play a huge part in and essentially shape this entire season: Ali is a vulnerable woman. Her biggest fear this season is that she will fall in love but not be loved back. This is a wild, tumultuous season for Ali. Unfortunately, her greatest fear is somewhat realized, and it’s something Ali had to face head-on and deal with.

The first episode is always hard to blog about because you’re just getting to know everybody. I do, however, love to break down the different styles the guys use to make a first impression. First off, there are way too many guys named Chris this season. I promise you, I will see to it this will not happen again. Then we have Frank, who is the first bachelor or bachelorette to ever come out of the top of the limo. Kyle, who went home, went with the fishhook maneuver — a classic move that I normally would rip apart, but you know what, it played okay. Craig M., who will undo all the goodwill Jillian created for Canada on our show, came out with a knock on Vienna. I’ve got to stick up for my friend Vienna and say, “Not a cool move, buddy.” Kirk created a paper rose for Ali. I think Ali saved him a little bit, but it worked all right. Tyler M. made the biggest gaffe of anybody during the arrivals. Note to all men: If you’re going to make mention of something that a woman did, like wear cowboy boots, make sure you’ve got the right woman! Ali didn’t wear cowboy boots on night one. And then there’s Derrick … ohhh, Derrick. I would say bless your heart, but you did this to yourself, my friend. Telling Ali your nickname is “Shooter” was bad enough. “Shooter” is just not the kind of nickname a woman is going to find cute or endearing. But when you tell her you “earned” that name due to premature ejaculation…. Damn, dude, what can I tell you? That’s just not something any woman wants to hear two minutes after meeting you. The good news is at least you didn’t share this information on national television. Oh wait.

After cleaning up the hot tea I spit across the control room from hearing Derrick explain his nickname, I brought out the ballot box for the boys. Well, actually my man Paul Danner brought it out (by the way ladies, Pauly is still single). The guys didn’t like the idea of the ballot box at first, but then quickly changed their tune. As it turned out, Justin easily got the majority of the votes. Ali decided to go against the guys’ decision and give Justin (aka “Rated R”) a rose and keep him around. I will back up her decision here. Justin said and did nothing wrong that first night to be sent home. The whole wrestling, “Rated R” thing rubbed some of the guys the wrong way, but Justin was really good with Ali, and I understand her choice. With that said, this is not the end of Rated R’s controversy, nor is it the end of his problems with the other guys in the house. On the flip side, Roberto received the first impression rose. Ali appeared to be blushing when she was trying to give him the rose.

The first night of the season really just gets the ball rolling, and things take off in a hurry from here. This season takes us around the world and back. We even dodge a volcanic eruption, only to be delayed by that very volcano when we least expected it. I’ve been known to throw around the word “dramatic” from time to time, but to say this season has plenty of drama doesn’t fully explain all that lies ahead. The tease at the end of the show gives you just a little taste of all the trials and tribulations Ali will have to deal with right up to the very end. It’s our 20th season, a huge milestone; I think you’ll agree when it’s all said and done that this may be our best ever. As always, I look forward to your comments below. Please remember this is a fun blog that is meant to entertain and lend a little inside perspective on the show, and please keep that in mind while leaving your comments. For more, you can find me on Twitter @chrisbharrison and on Facebook.

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 25th 2010, 12:56 pm

Ali's Bachelorette Blog, The Bachelorette
Bachelorette Blog: On First Impressions and Faux Pas

May 25, 2010

Ali Fedotowsky, the 25-year-old advertising account manager from San Francisco and former contestant on The Bachelor is the newest star of Bachelorette. Each week, she will be blogging for PEOPLE.com and sharing her thoughts about the episode that aired the night before. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” Fedotowsky says of the upcoming season. “The real me — the good, bad and the ugly.” In today’s blog, Fedotowsky gives her first impressions of her 25 suitors — and shares why it was tough to let eight men go.
Hi everyone,
What a night! Let me first say that this was the most terrifying and exciting night of my life. I’m sure it is so obvious to all of you that I was unbelievably nervous. Throughout the night I said things that didn’t even make sense.
To Chris L: “Have a good night!” Oh my. Poor guy. It’s like I was saying, “Thanks for coming! See you at the rose ceremony.”
To Jesse: “You’re a what man?” I think he told me his was a “peculiar man” about four times before I actually heard him.
To Roberto, when he told me his name: “You’re going to have to help me with that one.” Really? I couldn’t pronounce Roberto? Pull it together, girl!
To Frank: “Paris is amazing. I’ve never been.” How would I know it was amazing if I’ve never been?
The first guy I met was Chris H. How adorable is he?! I remember thinking, “If 24 more guys like Chris H. get out of these limos, then there is absolutely no way I will be able to let anyone go tonight.” Be careful what you wish for because I met 24 more amazing men that night. Kyle reeled me in, Jonathan N. brought a little sunshine into my life and John C. proposed! I can’t believe all the things they did to get my attention. All I can say is: It worked.
Once I met all of the guys, I was excited to get inside and get to know them. Derrick, I mean Shooter, well, I don’t think I need to explain this one. I hope Derrick’s friends aren’t giving him too hard of a time for telling me that story. He was a good sport. I’m sure many of you are wondering if I didn’t give him a rose because he told me that story. No, that was not the case. I had to let eight guys go and I just didn’t think Shooter was a match for me, regardless of, well, you know.
Next up, the “first impression” rose: I really wanted to make sure that I thought carefully about who received the “first impression” rose. I wanted to give it to a guy that I could see a future with and on the first night, I got that feeling from Roberto. I just felt so comfortable with him and there was an immediate connection. Plus, he is super hot, which didn’t hurt.
All and all, the night went smoothly — up until the ballot box came out. I felt really bad that the guys had to write a name down, but having their advice that night couldn’t be a bad thing.
When Chris read Justin‘s name, I was shocked. Talking with him he seemed so nice and sincere! Justin thought the guys chose him because he is a wrestler, and I honestly feel bad that a few of the guys were making fun of something he loves to do. Okay, an entertainment wrestler isn’t the type of guy I’d normally date, but I commend him for doing what makes him happy regardless of what others think. I decided to keep Justin because he was nothing but nice to me.
Letting eight guys go at the end of the night was hard. In particular, I really would have liked to spend more time with Phil and Jay. They both seem like fun, genuine guys that I would have liked to have gotten to know better.
All in all, it was definitely a crazy first night and that is just the beginning! Until next week …
With love,
Ali
Tell us: What did you think of the first episode? Did Ali make the right decisions?

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   May 25th 2010, 12:57 pm

Bachelorette's Ali and Vienna Bury the Hatchet

Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky and Vienna Girardi are no longer brawling, Chris Harrison told UsMagazine.com at Monday night's Dancing With the Stars.

The two -- who clashed on The Bachelor while competing for Jake Pavelka -- "hugged each other and, said 'Hi,'" Harrison said. "That's one of the ways Ali has grown as a person." Pavelka even posted a pic on Facebook of him posing with his fiancee, 24, and Fedotowsky, 25.
PHOTOS: Jake and Vienna's cheesiest moments

Fedotowsky would call out Girardi for, among other things, bragging that she'd "shake her boobs in Jake's face," but "[Ali] regretted some of that," Harrison added. "I get it. Look, in the heat of the moment, on the show, you say some things, you regret some things, there are some things you look back and might not do and that was one of them. She apologized as much for that."
VIDEO: Ali is "ready to find love"

Fedotowsky -- who premiered as The Bachelorette Monday night -- is "so happy for Jake," Harrison went on. "She realizes now that it wasn't meant to be, she wasn't supposed to be with Jake."
PHOTOS: Bachelor bikini bods!

Harrison said he thinks Girardi got a bad rap as the villain on the show.
PHOTOS: Meet Bachelorette Ali's men

"That's one thing I've learned in 8 years, 20 seasons, who am I to judge? Who am I to tell Jake Vienna's not right for him when he's sitting there happy in love? Really? How presumptuous and arrogant of me would that be to tell him I'm right and he's wrong?" he said.

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   June 16th 2010, 9:42 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   June 21st 2010, 1:40 am

From someone at Fort. I hope this isn't the case for Jillian's sake:

Quote :
Jillian, taking a break from tweeting, deleting her FB, and on radio station sayng things between her and Ed have been up & down (mostly down)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bachelorette Media   

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: