View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 14th 2009, 1:43 pm

bamajen wrote:
I don't think I have said this, but it is so much fun watching all of these crazy reality shows with all of you funny gals! I usually just read since my sense of humor seems to be in hibernation right now.

Moody thanks for the spoiler info!

I know how you feel. I am not feeling so funny these days. Glad you enjoy reading.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 15th 2009, 8:59 am

what the f*
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17012
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 15th 2009, 5:59 pm

Really not worth making a whole new thread for. He's hot!

Bachelorette Jen Schefft to Wed in Chicago Friday
By Kim Peiffer

Originally posted Friday May 15, 2009 06:05 PM EDT

Joe Waterman and Jen Schefft
Former Bachelorette star Jen Schefft will soon be a bachelorette no more.

She and fiancé Joe Waterman will become husband and wife in a private ceremony at Spiaggia restaurant in Chicago Friday night, according to a source close to the couple.

Schefft, 32, and Waterman, 35, met on a blind date in February 2008. "We really get each other," she told PEOPLE last year after getting engaged. "I guess it's true things move fast when you meet the right person."

According to a source, the couple planned to maintain the tradition of having the bride and groom not see each other before the wedding: Waterman stayed at a hotel Thursday night.

Schefft told PEOPLE that she wanted a "small and intimate" wedding with "about 50 to 60 of our closest friends and family."

As for whether the groom is suffering from any pre-wedding jitters, the source says that's not an issue for Waterman: "He's not nervous at all."

Schefft originally won the heart of millionaire vintner Andrew Firestone on the third season of The Bachelor. Firestone, now married to actress and model Ivana Bozilovic and the father of a son, 2-month-old Adam Brooks, tells PEOPLE, "I couldn't be happier for Jen and Joe. I hope they have a wonderful life together".
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 15th 2009, 8:08 pm

WOW!! She finally stuck with one! He is soooo cute!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 10:15 am

Tonight's the night!! Yipppeeeeee!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 10:35 am

Moody wrote:

lol! Moody, I'll expect a full report. Sticking to my guns and not watching. :snooty:
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 10:38 am

lovin wrote:
Moody wrote:

lol! Moody, I'll expect a full report. Sticking to my guns and not watching. :snooty:

Oh COME ON!! It's no fun without you Lovin.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 10:44 am

Moody wrote:
lovin wrote:
Moody wrote:

Oh COME ON!! It's no fun without you Lovin.

Nope I can't do it, I like Jillian and would like to continue to do so. I hope she finds love.....

Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 6:04 pm

'The Bachelorette' sneak peek: Chris Harrison on Jillian, condiments, and adding extra beefcake

May 18, 2009, 02:04 PM | by Lindsay Soll

Our favorite dating franchise returns tonight on ABC (9 p.m. EST) when last season's Bachelor cast-off, hot tub hottie Jillian, takes the throne as the star of The Bachelorette. Since it's been oh-so-long since we last got our rose fix, we decided to check in with host (and EW blogger) extraordinaire Chris Harrison to find out what sort of madness we can look forward to this season.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How are you guys ever going to top the most shocking season of The Bachelor yet (a.k.a. Jason's chapter)?

CHRIS HARRISON: The good news is we’ve never really tried to top anything or do anything different. I think one of the main reasons the show has been so successful is you just plug the people into the scenario and then you let it happen. Every season is different. Everybody comes in with their own baggage, their own issues -- and they always surface. Nobody is the same. You can’t go, you know, Oh look what Jason did. Let’s have Jillian jump off a roof or something crazy. Halfway through the season, there is something different that happens with Jillian that we’ve never faced before. You don’t plan for it, you don’t script it -- because you can’t.

Why did you decide to start off with 30 guys rather than 25?

It was really interesting with Jillian. I kind of thought that there was going to be a huge overwhelming response for Melissa [Rycroft] to be the Bachelorette considering what happened. When Jillian got voted off, there was a huge response, and that’s normal. I was thinking it would die away when everyone saw what was going to happen at the end. But the response and support for Jillian never went away like it usually does with some of these girls. Week after week, even toward the finale, people were still asking for Jillian to be the Bachelorette. Once it got out that Jillian was going to be the Bachelorette, the response went through the roof from the guys. So we thought because she’s this popular, we should bring in more men.

Did Jillian know going in that there were going to be 30 men going after her?

She had no clue that first night. The way it works is that there’s a limo that arrives and there’s 25 guys, then halfway through the cocktail party, I come in and do my deal. I say, "By the way, we’re not done yet -- there’s actually five more guys joining us." You could’ve heard a pin drop [laughs]. I looked at it as a total positive for Jillian because there was more to choose from, but it was really overwhelming for her because there’s so much to handle that first night. It think she had just gotten the grasp and then all of a sudden, there’s five more guys. Five more names to remember. Five more stories to get to know. It was kind of a double-edged sword.

Will it still go down to 15 guys after the first rose ceremony?

No, it will go down to 20. So the whole show is different from the first night on.

We're dying to know: how many mustard, ketchup, and general hot dog jokes do the guys make when they come out of the limo?

[Laughs] I set the over/under to Jillian at about seven or eight. I was pleasantly surprised at how few guys went for the cheap, easy hot dog joke or whatever. There was only like two or three.

We figured about ten guys would even bring ketchup with them!

Oh totally! I was expecting the worst. Because here’s the thing: guys suck. We’re not very bright and we’re not really creative. I assumed every guy would get out of the limo and make a stupid hot dog joke. So I was very impressed with my gender.These guys actually brought some game instead of saying something like, "I’m a kraut guy."

Sounds like they were really trying to woo her! Why do you think she's so likable?

She’s so relatable. She’s really pretty without being ridiculously over-the-top beautiful. She’s normal, she’s got a personality. She’s got a little bit of everything. Also, she’s vulnerable. We saw the circumstances with her mom last season and what she’s overcome. I think she’s a self-made woman so there’s a lot to respect. She’s like this perfect little package that I think everyone’s kind of fallen in love with.

I’ve got to be honest, though, when I came into that first rose ceremony that night, I was not ready. Jason really took a lot out of everybody. I know people look at us and they’re like, oh you’re just producers or whatever and you really don’t care. But we do care. It was emotional for all of us whether you liked it or not, it took a lot out of us. I came in that first night thinking, man, I don’t know if I can do this again. But when I walked in and saw Jillian, she jumped up smiling and gave me a big hug, and I was ready to go. She just has that energy about her.

And, unlike Melissa, she dodged a major bullet having been sent packing by Jason just before the final rose ceremony.

Yeah, and as great as Melissa would’ve been [as the Bachelorette], I’m kind of glad to step away from that. I don’t want to make the show about that. It happened, we dealt with it, and everybody’s living with it, but I don’t want it to become about that. That’s not what The Bachelor’s ever been. It was a weird, freak deal. I want it to become about this great girl, Jillian, who is now on her search for love, and I hope she can find it.

Now that you've gotten an inside look at tonight's season premiere of The Bachelorette, how many of you Pop Watchers out there are already setting your DVRs? And how many out there are willing to admit that you vowed to never watch Harrison and his rose givers ever again after Jason's bait-and-switch last season, but are now planning to tune in tonight (you know, just to see what all the fuss over Jillian is about)? Speak up below!

Oh, and don't forget to check back right here on Pop Watch Tuesday morning for Harrison's undoubtedly stellar morning-after blog and Kristen Baldwin's undoubtedly hilarious recap!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 6:20 pm

chrisbharrisonHappy premiere day

Tonight it all begins. I'll tweet along the way but check out weekly blog @ew.com

Foot fetish, break dancing, 30 bachelors. It's all on episode 1 tonight!

Not to be selfish my very best to Melissa and Gilles tonight

about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 6:21 pm

I can't wait. I hope we all like the same guy, lol! happy dance 2
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 6:37 pm

Ok, I'll fully admit that I was one who said she wouldn't watch this season. However, I'm in a hotel, away from family, and what else is there to do? Lol! I guess I'll be watching, tonight at least. It will be fun to post here with you guys during it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 7:03 pm

I'll be watching 24 with DH... popping over to see abc shows. Darn 24! Two hour season finale tonight. The nerve!!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:09 pm

LOL at her quote, 'but I'm going to get it right the FIRST time!' lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:11 pm

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Darn you Moody!!!! lol You are to blame for sucking me back into this show!!! lol Well not really, but you did weaken me lol
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:13 pm

lovin wrote:
Moody wrote:

Me too....
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:15 pm

Not liking the break dancer or NY lawyer so far....
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:17 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Not liking the break dancer or NY lawyer so far....
Yup, will have to talk about DWTS later.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:17 pm

Greg - fitness model, yuck! Hmm, the pilot seems sincere....

WOW, she looks stunning!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:27 pm

Enjoy the season ladies. I am passing on this one. TV will be on, while I am reading.

I want to start fresh, only new people. Not references to past seasons and how the got dumped, etc. I can't take a season of Jason references and comparisons. Blech!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:28 pm

Just saw that someone had a t-shirt under his dress shirt that said "Aspiring Canadian" - gotta give him some props for thinking of that!
Back to top Go down
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:29 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Greg - fitness model, yuck! Hmm, the pilot seems sincere....

WOW, she looks stunning!

Couldn't agree more!!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:30 pm

Flower, I totally get where you're coming from! I hated even seeing Jason in the hottub scene - what a difference a year makes, huh??!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:31 pm

I like the pilot

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:32 pm

Butterfly73 wrote:
I like the pilot

ME TOO!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:35 pm

Don't think I'd call her "Hottub Harris" when meeting her!! :no:
Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:41 pm

Lpl. I missed the hottub Harris

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:47 pm

Ok if Kyle is still here after tonight....I QUIT!!!!!

LMAO at his outfit! lol
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:51 pm

What the heck was that comment they just showed about loving someone or loving someone more if they were 'that much' prettier?? Who was that? Hope it was just editing because otherwise whoever said it is a tool!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:52 pm

How about that fitness model? Not sure of his name but he seems like an ass. I like Juan (the contractor whose mother wants him to get married). Cute.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:52 pm

Is Kyle the thrift-store shopper? It's so hard to keep everyone straight the first night. I didn't catch who made the 'Hottub Harris' comment, but it was the first thing he said getting out of the limo. doh
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:54 pm

Lori, his name is Greg and I gave him a 'yuck' up-thread.lol! Juan lives in L.A., right?
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:56 pm

Who is calling her hottub Harris?
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:57 pm

What do we think of this wine-maker?
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 8:58 pm

Did anybody catch who called her that? It was the first thing he said getting out of the limo.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 9:02 pm

This blog is funny, it updates often.

http://bachelorette2009.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 9:04 pm

flowerpower wrote:
This blog is funny, it updates often.

[url=http://bachelorette2009.blogspot.com/
http://bachelorette2009.blogspot.com/[/quote[/url]]

laugh so hard I crie
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 9:07 pm

Thanks for the link, flower! I love that they do a running commentary.
Back to top Go down
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 9:12 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Did anybody catch who called her that? It was the first thing he said getting out of the limo.

I think it was Brian? I have known to be wrong many times though lol
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   May 18th 2009, 9:16 pm

It's so hard to keep them all straight, isn't it? I liked that last guy, the one who choked up initially when meeting her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: