View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 17th 2009, 11:33 pm

I am really confused by all this. It seems that is the intent of ABC to keep us watching but it just seems downright cruel to allow Reid back and then Jillian turn him down again after he proposes? And Ed, it just seems that Ed and Jillian are the only ones that can't keep their hands off each other but is that editing to trick us into thinking it's Ed as F1? Is it all a diversion and then Kiptyn ends up F1? What is all this about Ed having a girlfriend? He said outright that he DID NOT have a girlfriend on the show when Chris H. was fishing around for who the culprit was and Ed also said it made him sick to think that Jillian was still keeping Wes around when they all knew he had a girlfriend.

I want a happy ending....is that too much to ask? And my best happy ending would be Ed and Jillian happily ever after.....but I'm afraid I'm going to be really disappointed. I guess I better go back to reading Twilight and get my happy endings with Edward and Bella.

What do you all think will happen? Is it possible to have some kind of happy ending for Jillian here?
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 7:33 am

I disagree about reid, I think it would be crueler not to give him a chance if he asks for it, they do not know how she will react. but I totally agree about ed, I think they are perfect for him .. they go together like tiny green man shorts and a tank top.. oh wait haha, but really I <3 them together!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 10:27 am

rallen - I guess you're right about giving reid a chance if he wants it. I thought the most telling words about Reid were what his dad said to him on the hometown date. His dad's advice was that if Reid really felt something for Jillian, he should go head over heels and risk it because that is what life is about. Then aside, the dad said that Reid always worries about what his parents and siblings think about his girlfriends and that it doesn't matter what they think. The brothers said they thought Reid was commitment shy. Anyway, I think putting that stuff together shows a bit of immaturity on Reid's part but you know how they edit these shows so it could all be just a ruse. Good for him if he ends up acting on his feelings no matter what happens. I'm still pulling for Ed and Jillian.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 11:09 am

If it's Ed, I doubt they will last. Just I feeling I have. I don't trust him.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 1:06 pm

thatgirl wrote:
If it's Ed, I doubt they will last. Just I feeling I have. I don't trust him.
we peed in your cheerios this morning? tell me something good baby!
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 4:54 pm

Team Reid:)

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 8:43 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Team Reid:)
It is ok, I will be your shoulder to CRY on,muahaha! <3
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 18th 2009, 11:23 pm

Team Danny GOkey???
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 19th 2009, 12:12 am

thatgirl wrote:
Team Danny GOkey???
haha you know dat we always have each others back!
Back to top Go down
Bethany123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 19th 2009, 1:56 am

I like all three guys but I am kinda rooting for Reid(if the rumors that he comes back and proposes are true).
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35460
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 19th 2009, 7:35 am

I tried to read FORT, and I think for once they really don't know who will be the final one. There is a lot of evidence it is Ed because of some sort of time stamp on a photo ( Ed is after Kip and they do the final one last)

I like all three too. I don't see the "spark" in Kiptyn as much, but he sure would be a good catch.

I think Ed has his light on. You younger gals may know what that means.. my daughter explained to me that it is an expression for when a guy is ready to make the marriage commitment.. he has his light on and is looking. If their light isn't on, there is no way you can make a man want a lasting commitment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 19th 2009, 11:55 am

Nancy, I must be old:( I never heard that expression before.

Hey, if Ed is serious and he really does love her than I will be happy for her. I agree that Kiptyn is a catch, but I'm not feeling the love coming from him. As for Reid, I think I like his personality the best.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 19th 2009, 12:01 pm

thatgirl wrote:

Hey, if Ed is serious and he really does love her than I will be happy for her. I agree that Kiptyn is a catch, but I'm not feeling the love coming from him. As for Reid, I think I like his personality the best.

I looked for the reference. This doesn't have an attribution:

The Sex and the City gang once compared a marriage-ready man to a taxi: At a certain point in his life, he becomes ready for commitment. His "available" light goes on and the next lady in his life gets the ring. Luckily for us, it's easy to tell the difference between a man who's got the light on and one who's just driving around in the dark. As evidence, here are four hints that a man has present-day potential to become a mate for life:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=43062
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 19th 2009, 1:21 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

I looked for the reference. This doesn't have an attribution:

The Sex and the City gang once compared a marriage-ready man to a taxi: At a certain point in his life, he becomes ready for commitment. His "available" light goes on and the next lady in his life gets the ring. Luckily for us, it's easy to tell the difference between a man who's got the light on and one who's just driving around in the dark. As evidence, here are four hints that a man has present-day potential to become a mate for life:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=43062

I think this is really true from my experience. Based on this, it does seem Ed has his lights on and the others are not to that place yet. Kiptyn seems willing and Reid dragging his heels. I googled Ed's name and saw that he had made a $10K donation to some charity and seems to have reached a pinnacle of success in his job, etc. Since he said he wanted to be very stable before having a family, I would say he is there now.

I feel bad for any of the guys on the show that were allegedly having troubles performing in the bedroom. Maybe if they would have taken the cameras off them for one second they would be able to act normally. Geesh, it's like having TV cameras focused on you while you're on the toilet and someone says "okay, pee now!" If someone did that, that's the last thing I would feel like doing. LOL

I'll be happy for Jillian as long as the guy she chooses truly loves her or has the capacity to grow that love over time.

Oh, and I enjoyed reading Chris Harrison's blog about Wes. Wow, he couldn't stand that guy! And I don't think it could be that it's only a bad edit - so now it's MTA tomorrow night and I doubt we get any clues from that. Gosh, do I really have to wait another week after tomorrow to get the end of this story?
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 20th 2009, 8:09 pm

The Men Tell all is on I am recording it now.

I saw a little.

All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 20th 2009, 9:11 pm

jilly was so adorable!!!!!! i lerve her!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 20th 2009, 9:23 pm

I watched the last hour of the live east coast Ustream of MTA. Hmmm, they really know how to edit the show to get you going....it seems to me that no matter what happens, there are going to be some really devastated people left out in the cold. It almost seems that Jillian is not going to choose anyone and instead say she will keep dating people or something. I'm at a loss for what is going to happen but it's obvious that there will be 3 men there and not just 2. I know, it's only a TV show.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 20th 2009, 9:26 pm

I didn't watch yet , watching feeds now.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 20th 2009, 9:50 pm

It was very interesting. Better than i thought. Make sure you watch it. The only part I didn't like was seeing J and M. However, I realize that I don't hate them. As Jason said, you have to follow fate. Melissa is happy and they are happy.

Jake is indeed a tad strange. Very cute, but very Stepford wifish.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 12:33 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I tried to read FORT, and I think for once they really don't know who will be the final one. There is a lot of evidence it is Ed because of some sort of time stamp on a photo ( Ed is after Kip and they do the final one last)

I like all three too. I don't see the "spark" in Kiptyn as much, but he sure would be a good catch.

I think Ed has his light on. You younger gals may know what that means.. my daughter explained to me that it is an expression for when a guy is ready to make the marriage commitment.. he has his light on and is looking. If their light isn't on, there is no way you can make a man want a lasting commitment.

I disagree, Nancy. IMO, Ed still has a frat boy(SAE) mentality. I don't think he's ready at all for marriage and a family. He seems soooo immature with all the crass language, drinking, and farting that he did over the course of the show.

Jillian is a doll...she looked so pretty tonight on the MTA. I was so glad to hear her tell CH that she has no intention of doing anything to her nose...she said she likes her nose just the way it is, even though some viewers don't. Yeah, Jillian!!

I thought Jason and Molly looked lovely...Molly said how hard it was those first few days after their season ended...how they were absolutely trashed in the media. Molly said Melissa is happy and engaged now , so everything is good for everyone. I'm not too sure why other people can't just be happy for all the parties involved in that fiasco of a season. They've all moved on now.
Back to top Go down
Beruthiel

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 3:15 am

That was a pretty interesting Men Tell All, and Chris's blog was very informative too, they cut a LOT of Jake and Juan getting crap from the others, he said, and finally that boor had the grace to apologise for his behaviour, but he STILL didn't get it, he was shocked at the reactions to the man-code! And that's another thing, a guy who subscribes so whole-heartedly to the bloody man-code isn't ready to be anyone's significant other.
It turned out to be a good season after all, because Jillian is a woman who kept it real, and that's why most of them liked her so much. Very nice, not so much starry eyed idealistic claptrap but realistic reactions, once Wes got booted.
It was delicious how they took care of Wes.... Chris said that he only asked to come back at the last minute after he called some of the guys and got assurances that they would back him... a rat to the end. Good riddance.
At the beginning of this season I had a hard time getting into it, but of course I soon got interested, mainly because of love-rat Wes, nothing like an obvious cad to get your hackles up!
I really don't get the Ed hate I've seen in some places, because to me he's the most 'average and normal' among the final three and all three of them are great guys in their own ways and with their unique differences - Reid is quirky and charming, Kiptin is a gentleman and has everything going for him, and Ed knew enough to admit his mistake and fight to come back, so I like them all.
I do think that Ed is a good fit for her, though, because she seems a little in awe of Kiptin, and disappointed in Reid's reluctance, but she and Ed are most alike, she's a down to earth woman, so if Ed's the one I'm happy for them both.
Those scenes with Ed farting and three sheets to the wind made him come alive, because I think he's been the one most nervous and stilted in front of the cameras, including the infamous bedroom scene.
I also don't get the harping on him not looking into Jillian's eyes.
When a person is feeling a lot and is nervous, he or she often looks elsewhere and it doesn't mean they are lying, just the opposite - look at Wes, he stared dreamily into Jillian's eyes and was full of shit! Oops, sorry!
Anyway, I hope that Jillian found the one for her whoever he is, and that they're happy, that's what it was all about, and I hope they won't get any flack because she chose who's right for her and not to please the fans of whichever of the bachelors SEEMED the nicest, because we certainly don't know her or any of them as well as they know each other.
I'm looking forward to finding out next week. Very Happy

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 8:27 am

ebowers wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

I disagree, Nancy. IMO, Ed still has a frat boy(SAE) mentality. I don't think he's ready at all for marriage and a family. He seems soooo immature with all the crass language, drinking, and farting that he did over the course of the show.

Jillian is a doll...she looked so pretty tonight on the MTA. I was so glad to hear her tell CH that she has no intention of doing anything to her nose...she said she likes her nose just the way it is, even though some viewers don't. Yeah, Jillian!!

I thought Jason and Molly looked lovely...Molly said how hard it was those first few days after their season ended...how they were absolutely trashed in the media. Molly said Melissa is happy and engaged now , so everything is good for everyone. I'm not too sure why other people can't just be happy for all the parties involved in that fiasco of a season. They've all moved on now.
welll, my hubby and i have been together for 13 years and he farts ALL the time. Did you not see jilly when chris said he had to fart she wanted to pull his finger very bad, she practically begged him to do it! I think that it just shows they are great together haha!
as for jason and molly, sure they deserve to be happy, I just deserve not to have to see it. Just because mel is happy now does not make them good people or what he did right. I just wish they would slink off into the darkness and live happy but QUIET

eta: gREAT post BEruthiel
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 11:26 am

I'm for Jillian being happy so if she chooses Reid, Kiptyn or Ed, it's fine with me. But I have to admit I'm puzzled at the negative comments about Ed too - maybe I'm just biased because I've fallen madly in love with the guy myself!!! LOL. Anyway, I think all 3 of the final guys were good in their own way and the show purposefully keeps us in the dark about many things so we won't figure it out. I'm enjoying reading all the comments and viewpoints and I can't wait until next Monday!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 12:50 pm

Crap my dvr didn't tape the MTA-----grrrr!
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 2:10 pm

lovin wrote:
Crap my dvr didn't tape the MTA-----grrrr!

You can watch online at abc.com or youtube has most of it - at least the 1st hour they have
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 21st 2009, 2:30 pm

Washed Up wrote:
I'm for Jillian being happy so if she chooses Reid, Kiptyn or Ed, it's fine with me. But I have to admit I'm puzzled at the negative comments about Ed too - maybe I'm just biased because I've fallen madly in love with the guy myself!!! LOL. Anyway, I think all 3 of the final guys were good in their own way and the show purposefully keeps us in the dark about many things so we won't figure it out. I'm enjoying reading all the comments and viewpoints and I can't wait until next Monday!
truthfully I think it is just a matter of ppl liking who they like and when it does not happen freak out, I am happy normally as long a sit is a nice person, the only ending I went carazay over was the last one... well and lets just not go there, haha!! I also normally wait until it is only a few guys remaining, 4-5, so i do not know much about the others. I go off what I see happening near the end. but I just can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 23rd 2009, 3:04 am

So what is the deal with the FORT, where is all the gossip about Ed having a girlfriend etc coming from? I don't have the time to deal with it with BB on, but I am curious.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 23rd 2009, 4:09 am

As best as I can decipher, Ed was dating before he went in.. which is normal..duh..
After he was on the show one of his "girlfriends" said that they were in a serious relationship. Also when he left he was supposed to have lied to her or someone about where he went. Then one of his friends said that he was not in a relationship and that the girl is just making out a dating relationship to be way more than it was, it wasn't his girlfriend. Either way, I haven't seen any really reliable source say anything about it either way.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 23rd 2009, 11:53 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
As best as I can decipher, Ed was dating before he went in.. which is normal..duh..
After he was on the show one of his "girlfriends" said that they were in a serious relationship. Also when he left he was supposed to have lied to her or someone about where he went. Then one of his friends said that he was not in a relationship and that the girl is just making out a dating relationship to be way more than it was, it wasn't his girlfriend. Either way, I haven't seen any really reliable source say anything about it either way.

Right Nancy - I"ve been trying to figure this out too. My interpretation is that there is an incredible number of Reid fans at FORT that still think he is coming back and Jillian will accept him over Kiptyn and Ed. They also intensely dislike Ed.

Do you remember how RealitySteve came out with predictions from the Jason/Melissa season and they turned out to be true? Well, a couple weeks ago, he put out a rumor that Ed had a girlfriend although he bracketed that to be not as certain as he had been with the Jason/Melissa thing.

So as a result, it seems unconfirmed about the Ed girlfriend thing but there was also an email going around that is allegedly between Ed and this girl but nothing to back it up. It could be an Ed hater that wants to stir the pot, it could be true, or it could be something in between. We know how people make this stuff up.

Now ABC stirred the pot by putting a voice-over of Ed in the preview for AFR saying something like "I don't want to hurt Jillian but I have to tell her...." or some such cryptic thing.

Also, Jillian gave an interview that described the so called night that Ed couldn't perform in the fantasy suite. She said something about putting it all in context and I'm paraphrasing here...she said they were both really sunburnt to the point she felt nauseated and ill. Their skin was blistering. It was really hot because it was about 90 degrees and they couldn't put the air conditioner on because it made too much noise for the TV camera crew to film. And they had a very uncomfortable talk about ex-girlfriends and she said she thinks Ed was going to be sick about it amidst all the other things. She said it was a tough discussion.

Some of us think that ABC heard the discussion about the ex-girlfriend and they are using it perhaps in the ending somehow. Also, it could a reason that Jillian asked to speak to Ed privately before eliminating Reid to clear up some stuff. It could also be a reason that Ed thanked her for keeping him saying she was probably making a big bet.

Okay, sorry for the long answer but I have become obsessed with this. I really hope for a happy ending. I love Ed and Jillian together but as long as she is happy, I will go with her decision and not bad mouth any of the guys. I can't wait til Monday and Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 23rd 2009, 8:53 pm

I have lost interest in the show. Kiptyn doesn't know how to kiss and Ed's man card was revoked when he wore the matching tank top and short shorts.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 23rd 2009, 10:37 pm

Who wears short shorts? Ed wears short shorts?? If you dare wear short shorts, Nair for short shorts...
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 25th 2009, 8:32 am

so who did she pick?

inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 25th 2009, 9:03 am

The final is this coming Monday, Kimmie, and it's between Ed and Kiptyn.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 25th 2009, 10:55 am

Tiger wrote:
I have lost interest in the show. Kiptyn doesn't know how to kiss and Ed's man card was revoked when he wore the matching tank top and short shorts.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 25th 2009, 11:08 am

thanks inky.
i haven't watched one show this season

Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 26th 2009, 12:40 am

Kimmie wrote:
so who did she pick?

The FORT sleuthers have revealed who won based on a reliable source. It's on their site from someone that knew someone that attended the taping of AFR. I'm not sure how to post a spoiler or I would insert it here but you can go to either JU or FORT and all will be revealed. I don't want to spoil it for those that want to wait until the FRC on Monday followed AFR on Tuesday night.
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 26th 2009, 6:52 am

i personally believe that jillian spoiled it herself just by how she looks at him! lol

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 26th 2009, 7:38 am

Well I went to Jokers and there are TWO different spoilers. So I guess just pick the one you want.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=TheBachelorette&Number=11735303&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=31&rc=&fpart=1
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 26th 2009, 9:13 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   July 26th 2009, 10:01 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Spoiler:

lol! Ain't that the truth!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Show Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-